Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grown Up Christmas List: Arkansas’ recruiting wish list includes prized 4-star

Started by jbcarol, December 24, 2016, 10:27:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/824635039245889536

Quote...fair reasons I won't get specific about.

How did Arkansas lose out on Thomas Johnston to UAB?

It's not like he just turned down Arkansas. He also has offers from Auburn [as a true freshman backup H-back], Clemson, LSU, Iowa, Ole Miss and several other major programs. Clearly, the chance to join family means more to him than a high-profile program.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/825079893708926976

Geographical breakdown

Here's a breakdown of Arkansas' commits and signees by state:

Arkansas: 4 (Adcock, Barnes, Brown, Jackson)
    Louisiana: 4 (James, Munson, Paul, Warren)
    Oklahoma: 3 (Curl, Curtis, Fisher)
    Florida: 2 (McClellion, Williams)
    Mississippi: 2 (Martin, Nance)
    Texas: 1 (Barkley)
    Alabama: 1 (Hyatt)
    Arizona: 1 (Patton)
    Georgia: 1 (Hernandez)
    Illinois: 1 (Wagner)
    Missouri: 1 (Clenin)
    Tennessee: 1 (Hayden)

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Shadid13/status/826235191878381569

Quote"It's a chance for me to kind of carry a legacy and also play in front of my home state."
-- Hayden Henry

Henry (6-foot-3, 215 pounds) received an offer from the Razorbacks on Jan. 22 to play outside linebacker in their new 3-4 scheme.

"I love it," Hayden said of the 3-4 defense. "The closer to the line of scrimmage you can get me, the better. I'm going to knock someone's head off.

"This weekend, I took an official visit to Air Force," Hayden said. "Air Force and Arkansas were my top two schools. I enjoyed my visit at Air Force, but I really didn't see myself there. I knew Arkansas is a place where I'd be comfortable and happy."

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Shadid13/status/826118588612431872

QuoteWhile making the 190-mile trip northwest Friday, things quickly changed. Madison Prep Academy (Baton Rouge, La.) defensive end Troy James announced his de-commitment from Arkansas.

"I left on an official visit Friday on some pretty short notice," Porter told SEC Country. "Troy James, the guy that was committed at (defensive end), he de-committed, ironically, while I was on my way up to Fayetteville. So, I really think it was meant to happen."

Porter had 105 tackles, 24 of those going for a loss, and 10 sacks as a senior at Joe T. Robinson.

MuskogeeHogFan

The coaches were nestled all snug in their beds,
while visions of immediate contributors danced in their heads.

And Jen in her kerchief, and I(BB) in my cap,
had just woke up from a long winters nap.

When out in the office there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the office I flew like a flash,
Tore open the door and turned on my fax.

When what to my wondering eyes did appear,
But a bevy of commitments as it all became clear.

Now Monty, now Chase, now Kamren and Koilan!
On Mal, on Jarrod, on Jarq and Dev!

;)

A poet, I'm not.

Go Hogs Go!

jbcarol

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 01, 2017, 07:04:08 am
The coaches were nestled all snug in their beds,
while visions of immediate contributors danced in their heads.

And Jen in her kerchief, and I(BB) in my cap,
had just woke up from a long winters nap.

When out in the office there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the office I flew like a flash,
Tore open the door and turned on my fax.

When what to my wondering eyes did appear,
But a bevy of commitments as it all became clear.

Now Monty, now Chase, now Kamren and Koilan!
On Mal, on Jarrod, on Jarq and Dev!

;)

A poet, I'm not.

You just did not know it

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 27, 2016, 07:19:48 pm
This is misleading and not the whole thing. the reason for the ole miss lean is that's the only one he has visited so far
Hey Trent, figure you might want to be a little more attentive to the facts before you embarrass yourself next time? Especially considering the fact that this was all based on only one OV and that to the aforementioned Retards.

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/827547440786112515

"We captured the commitment of every player that we offered in the state of Arkansas," Bielema said. "And that has happened pretty regularly around here.

"Obviously, some kids in the state went to other schools, even some Power 5 (schools), but they were not offered by us. One of the first things that we do is recruit and evaluate. And the first thing we do in the first six weeks of the season of their senior year is go back and re-evaluate."

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

SEC Country Arkansas‏ @SECCountryHogs 12h12 hours ago

Arkansas freshmen are coming for playing time in 2017  #WPS http://sec.news/2uQZw2R

QuoteRunning back Chase Hayden has made the strongest case

jbcarol

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.