Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You know what? Screw moral victories....

Started by NWASooner, October 18, 2009, 10:29:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NWASooner

I watched the entire Arkansas/Florida game.  Arkansas did not play a perfect game and still should have won.  Bad calls are a part of football but Arkansas still should have won.  If those two teams played 10 times, 8 would be close.  To hell with moral victories.  That's what the last coach hung his hat on.

Beat Ole Miss and finish the season strong.  Arkansas is a legitimately good team and should beat everyone left on the schedule.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Agreed.  Let's win out, win our bowl game, pull in another good recruiting class, and set our sights on the BCS next season!
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Uberanubis

Quote from: NWASooner on October 18, 2009, 10:29:06 pm

Beat Ole Miss and finish the season strong.  Arkansas is a legitimately good team and should beat everyone left on the schedule.

this i can agree with, i am tired of the POOR OLE ARKANSAS crap and its still going on. seriously i'm about 2 secs from canceling my account. I am sure a lot of you Jack Arse's don't care. but the whining is getting ridicules.

oh poor Arkansas got screwed by the refs, whaaaaa, couldn't have been those 2 easy touchdowns Mallet missed on over throws, couldn't have been the dropped TD pass in the end zone, wow THATS 21 FREAKING POINTS, and we only lost by 3. YOU DO THE MATH, if your that smart.

we have a good team still young and making stupid mistakes when it counts. Yes there were some bad calls so what ever game we play there is usually 2 bad calls a game. GET THE F OVER IT.

we have 6 games remaining, all of which we could and should win. half this board before the game said 6-6 or 7-5 is what we will do this season, some said 8-4 some even said 9-3, but were called a lunatic. We have a real shot at finishing 9-3 and goign to a great bowl game. get over this POOR OLE ARKANSAS crap. that went the way of our last coach. we played poorly there we some biased calls. and tehre is not a darn thing you can do about it. seriously to have a public apology by the refs is only going to piss me off more about the situation. I can garun-GD-tee that is the best your going to get.

So QQ keep supporting a good team and as they mature they will get better and become great as we picture them.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

3kgthog

Quote from: Uberanubis on October 18, 2009, 10:45:06 pm
this i can agree with, i am tired of the POOR OLE ARKANSAS crap and its still going on. seriously i'm about 2 secs from canceling my account. I am sure a lot of you Jack Arse's don't care. but the whining is getting ridicules.

oh poor Arkansas got screwed by the refs, whaaaaa, couldn't have been those 2 easy touchdowns Mallet missed on over throws, couldn't have been the dropped TD pass in the end zone, wow THATS 21 FREAKING POINTS, and we only lost by 3. YOU DO THE MATH, if your that smart.

we have a good team still young and making stupid mistakes when it counts. Yes there were some bad calls so what ever game we play there is usually 2 bad calls a game. GET THE F OVER IT.

we have 6 games remaining, all of which we could and should win. half this board before the game said 6-6 or 7-5 is what we will do this season, some said 8-4 some even said 9-3, but were called a lunatic. We have a real shot at finishing 9-3 and goign to a great bowl game. get over this POOR OLE ARKANSAS crap. that went the way of our last coach. we played poorly there we some biased calls. and tehre is not a darn thing you can do about it. seriously to have a public apology by the refs is only going to piss me off more about the situation. I can garun-GD-tee that is the best your going to get.

So QQ keep supporting a good team and as they mature they will get better and become great as we picture them.

If you are going to call people out for being stupid then at least proofread your post to make sure you don't make a plethora of grammatical errors. The rest of us will handle the English while you handle the math. Deal?

Uberanubis

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 18, 2009, 10:50:00 pm
If you are going to call people out for being stupid then at least proofread your post to make sure you don't make a plethora of grammatical errors. The rest of us will handle the English while you handle the math. Deal?

and for the english police.......... i dont care!
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

MojaveJoe

Yeah. All the whining in the world won't change the fact we lost...but hopefully it would push someone somewhere to clean up the bad officiating? Maybe?

NWASooner

Officiating is awful all over college football.  Go luck up the call from last week in the UW/Arizona game.  The instant replay even screwed that up.

What gets me is that with all the money floating around in college football, why can't they afford better refs?

Anyway, screw moral victories.  Arkansas should have won the game but didn't but I hope they know that they're every bit as good as any team in college football except for a small handful.

razorsharptusk

In the post game interviews, BP only commented on the penalties when asked about them.  The players interviewed mostly said that we beat ourselves and I agree.  Had we connected and executed on a few plays then that FL field goal at the end would not have mattered.  What matters now is that the Hogs can put this one behind them, go on to Ole Miss and put a whoopin' on them.  Several Florida fans I know agreed that the two calls at the end were BS.  But, nothing you can do about it.  Let's go win the rest of our season!!
GO HOGS!!

mike7156

All week everyone was talking about having to overcome the Refs and Fla.  the team did what they had to do for the most part on the field to beat the Fla. They just didn't get the job done of taking the game out of the Refs hands. Catch one of  the Td passes and hit one of the missed Fgs, and the refs are out of the picture. Yes this was the WORST officiating crew I have seen in a long time. Not only did they have the bad calls but there were plenty of bad no calls.
This team is just showed the world they are for real, and you better not take them take them for granted. Look out for the MFR!!!!!
True Heroes wear the uniform that serves this country proudly.