Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daniel Orton seeks release from Kentucky LOI...

Started by ruarealhogfan, April 08, 2009, 02:31:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ruarealhogfan

kingofdequeen

PorkRyan

Oliver

Quote from: PorkRyan on April 08, 2009, 02:42:21 pm
I'm sure he'll end up at OU.

More than likely.  Man, if so, they would have a SCARY class.

HawgG

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 08, 2009, 02:35:46 pm
Hire Coach Cyp. that's all it'll take.

I better stop this before it gets out of hand yet again.

There is NO CHANCE that Orton ends up here if he doesn't stay with Kentucky when things settle down.

Please Hog fans stop having these wet dreams about every blue chip player still out there or seeking a release will end up here.

We know who the targets are that Pelphrey has a chance of getting so hope for some good news about a few of them.

In other words Stop it, just stop it.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: HawgG on April 08, 2009, 03:05:22 pm

There is NO CHANCE that Orton ends up here if he doesn't stay with Kentucky when things settle down.

Please Hog fans stop having these wet dreams about every blue chip player still out there or seeking a release will end up here.

We know who the targets are that Pelphrey has a chance of getting so hope for some good news about a few of them.

No.  its pretty well known that we are losing an assistant.  Cyprien is a great recruiter.

Oliver

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 08, 2009, 03:08:32 pm
No.  its pretty well known that we are losing an assistant.  Cyprien is a great recruiter.

Even if we lose an assistant we either...

1.  Didn't have enough sense to try and keep him on staff when Pelphrey took over.  And if so, why would things be any different now?

OR

2.  He had no interest in coaching here after Heath was fired.

However, I do agree with you that Cyprien is a fine recruiter.

MountieDawg

SEC!

Oliver

kingofdequeen

Oliver

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 08, 2009, 03:42:49 pm
LOUD NOISES !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The Boar War

Yeah!!! Stop talking about recruits that can be recruited in the recruiting forum.  I'm glad you were here to stop this.   ::)

donewithdale

Quote from: bradmurray147 on April 08, 2009, 04:01:46 pm
If he opts out he is going to OU. Pretty obvious. Cousin is a coach there and they just lost Griffin to the draft. Their class is already number 4 by Espn and if they get him it will probably move up to top 2 or so. Capel can freaking get players.... I wish Pel would get on it like him!

I wish NWA or LR could produce recruits like OKC.  Too bad our population bases are a fraction of that size. 

OU signed 3 centers in the early signing period. 

jbcarol

Larry Orton also talked to Larry Vaught of amnews

http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=49259&format=html

Topline.  Daniel Orton did not ask for his release.

Ortons want to hear again from Coach Calipari how he would plan to use Daniel Orton and Cousins together in a front court.

Larry Orton claims that if it comes to asking for a release he will let people know.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: jbcarol on April 08, 2009, 05:08:29 pm
Larry Orton also talked to Larry Vaught of amnews

http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=49259&format=html

Topline.  Daniel Orton did not ask for his release.

Ortons want to hear again from Coach Calipari how he would plan to use Daniel Orton and Cousins together in a front court.

Larry Orton claims that if it comes to asking for a release he will let people know.

Interesting.  What would make Scout put that he did on the front page of their website?  They surely had to have heard something.  Who knows...

jbcarol

I could speculate on what happened here.

Since this is a teenager whose mom died recently and is seeing facts about his future change rapidly, I will let it go.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

John Clay, sports editor of the Lexington Herald-Leader puts the string of reports into perspective:

http://johnclay.bloginky.com/2009/04/08/ortons-father-says-report-not-true/

jbcarol

Quote from: donewithdale on April 08, 2009, 04:16:53 pm
I wish NWA or LR could produce recruits like OKC.  Too bad our population bases are a fraction of that size. 

That X Henry is from OKC.

HawgG

Quote from: The Boar War on April 08, 2009, 03:47:37 pm
Yeah!!! Stop talking about recruits that can be recruited in the recruiting forum.  I'm glad you were here to stop this.   ::)

Well friend you are free to DREAM so go right ahead.

donewithdale

Oliver

Quote from: donewithdale on April 08, 2009, 04:16:53 pm

Only 1 of those 3 OKC players are attending OU IF Orton does decide to go there.  It's not like he has a great class this year because every in-state Oklahoma recruit chose to go to OU.

donewithdale

Quote from: Oliver Miller on April 09, 2009, 08:25:16 am
Only 1 of those 3 OKC players are attending OU IF Orton does decide to go there.  It's not like he has a great class this year because every in-state Oklahoma recruit chose to go to OU.

Not every Oklahoma recruit has.  He has 2 from Oklahoma right now and obviously a connection to the Houston AAU program.  But his program got an immediate boost by having the Griffin bros from OKC.  That led to Warren from Ft Worth and so on.  Capel had and still has a nice recruiting advantage over certain other programs. 

Oliver

Quote from: donewithdale on April 09, 2009, 08:30:00 am
Not every Oklahoma recruit has.  He has 2 from Oklahoma right now and obviously a connection to the Houston AAU program.  But his program got an immediate boost by having the Griffin bros from OKC.  That led to Warren from Ft Worth and so on.  Capel had and still has a nice recruiting advantage over certain other programs. 

It should not be any harder to recruit basketball players to Fayetteville than to Norman, OK.  Granted landing Blake Griffin during his first year has definitely helped him since in recruiting...but it's still not an easy task to go out and get players just as good as Xavier Henry (for example) from out of state when the in-states choose to commit elsewhere. 

I'm hoping that the class of 2011 will give us this boost that we can use to start recruiting like Capel has down in Norman, OK.  Because there is no excuse for us getting outrecruited by OU in basketball.

donewithdale

Quote from: Oliver Miller on April 09, 2009, 08:40:22 am
It should not be any harder to recruit basketball players to Fayetteville than to Norman, OK.  Granted landing Blake Griffin during his first year has definitely helped him since in recruiting...but it's still not an easy task to go out and get players just as good as Xavier Henry (for example) from out of state when the in-states choose to commit elsewhere. 

I'm hoping that the class of 2011 will give us this boost that we can use to start recruiting like Capel has down in Norman, OK.  Because there is no excuse for us getting outrecruited by OU in basketball.

Maybe Capel will offer Henry's dad a job since Carl has now turned Memphis down -geez what a crock of crap - now that Cal has left. 

FSguy38

Quote from: PorkRyan on April 08, 2009, 02:42:21 pm
I'm sure he'll end up at OU.

I don't think he'd be a lock to OU, but with the death of his mother, he could decide to stay closer to home if he ultimately decides Kentucky isn't for him.

sshawg

I must have missed where you are in charge of stoping post that are not good for us. Oh, that right, your not. Try to quit acting like you are, OK...........

MountieDawg

The thought is Orton may wait til after the weekend to announce his release... He is playing in a HS All Star game Saturday in Kentucky...  I am sure he will make his decision to stay or go after that...  He may be leaning on de committing, but we will probably have a better idea next week....
SEC!

Oliver

Quote from: donewithdale on April 09, 2009, 08:49:54 am
Maybe Capel will offer Henry's dad a job since Carl has now turned Memphis down -geez what a crock of crap - now that Cal has left. 

If Wall ends up going to some place like Kentucky, I think people might start rethinking the whole offering people close to recruits jobs.

jbcarol

donewithdale

Quote from: Oliver Miller on April 09, 2009, 09:02:47 am
If Wall ends up going to some place like Kentucky, I think people might start rethinking the whole offering people close to recruits jobs.

Possibly.  I wonder if Baylor will fire the travel team coach after a year.  Coach K has been after Wall recently too.  I think he goes to UK or UNC.

And Henry had the other reason to go to Memphis with his brother there.  My guess he will go to KU where his parents went and played.  Don't think OU ever had a chance.

jbcarol

Quote from: MountieDawg on April 09, 2009, 09:00:32 am
The thought is Orton may wait til after the weekend to announce his release... He is playing in a HS All Star game Saturday in Kentucky...  I am sure he will make his decision to stay or go after that...  He may be leaning on de committing, but we will probably have a better idea next week....

He will receive a whole lotta love in The Derby Festival Classic (this year sponsored by Jeff Sheppard).

If he likes that kind of thing it may bear on his decision.

So might near term decisions by Patrick Patterson.

Oliver

Quote from: donewithdale on April 09, 2009, 09:21:02 am
Possibly.  I wonder if Baylor will fire the travel team coach after a year.  Coach K has been after Wall recently too.  I think he goes to UK or UNC.

And Henry had the other reason to go to Memphis with his brother there.  My guess he will go to KU where his parents went and played.  Don't think OU ever had a chance.

Henry made it clear from very early on that he wasn't going to OU.  I don't think he lived in Oklahoma for very long. 

jbcarol

Henry's father, Carl, said on Tuesday that it might be two weeks before his son decides between Kentucky and Kansas.

I think his X's brother factors into the decision as well.

He's played for Coach Calipari as a walk on.

russell33

Quote from: Oliver Miller on April 09, 2009, 09:28:51 am
Henry made it clear from very early on that he wasn't going to OU.  I don't think he lived in Oklahoma for very long. 

henrys dad still holds a huge (gigantic) grudge against all the oklahoma schools for not recruiting him when he was in high school (he ended up at kansas), so he never even considered the oklahoma schools.

jbcarol

Last nite during playa intros Orton wore a white towel over his head instead of identifying school colors. Orton appeared to blow a mist into the air to imitate his favorite wrassler Hunter Hearst Helmsley (and curiously not Cowboy Bob Orton).

Jerry Tipton noted that UK signee Jon Hood offered Orton a UK car flag to wave which Orton turned down.

Bill Self had made an impression with Orton during the recruiting process as Self had made a connection with Orton's mother who died of complications from lupus. Billy Gillispie had made a connection with Orton's father Larry by paying him on honorarium to speak at his camp. Of course Coach Gillispie is not employed at the present time.

Expect Larry Orton to have yet another conversation with Coach Calipari. The subject will be how his boy expects to get his required minutes if Calipari is not changing his offense and if Patterson, Cousins, Pilgrim, Perry and perhaps Harrellson are available.

FaulknerHogfan

jbcarol

He wants to go to a basketball school and be closer to home (I am thinking the 412 and toll between Broken Arrow and OKC are autobahns with pike passes).

We need to give this a go.

RICKHOGHEAD

Quote from: bradmurray147 on April 08, 2009, 04:01:46 pm
If he opts out he is going to OU. Pretty obvious. Cousin is a coach there and they just lost Griffin to the draft. Their class is already number 4 by Espn and if they get him it will probably move up to top 2 or so. Capel can freaking get players.... I wish Pel would get on it like him!
Yes I agree. We have got to start fricken recruiting. Oklahoma has the number 4 class! That should be a wakeup call.