Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

And Memphis finally hires...

Started by Brass Knob, April 06, 2009, 05:41:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brass Knob

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on April 07, 2009, 11:11:29 pm
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/98215-six-coaches-passed-on-memphis-job

If that article was pulled from the CA it is very unreliable.  The only offer that was ever actually confirmed was to Tim Floyd and he passed on the Memphis job and the Arizona job.  There was a lot of speculation because the search committee stayed so tight lipped and in turn a lot of sensationalism was reported in Memphis.  Should have watched the news out here, it was pretty ridiculous.   

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Not good on a national level for recruits

PorkFryRice

The Boar War

I thought Pastner's dad was the guy who has connections in the Houston area.  Doesn't he have an elite basketball camp down there?

jbcarol

Quote from: The Boar War on April 08, 2009, 10:46:42 am
I thought Pastner's dad was the guy who has connections in the Houston area.  Doesn't he have an elite basketball camp down there?

Yes.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Brass Knob

Quote from: The Boar War on April 08, 2009, 10:46:42 am

Pastner is very well connected because he grew up around the AAU circuit and his dad his the head of the AAU circuit in Houston.  He will be able to recruit very good talent to Memphis.  I would be shocked if they are not pulling in a top 25 player every year because of the talent in the Houston area and the Memphis area.  Next year Joe Jackson is pretty much a lock for Memphis already...