Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Our chances on getting this transfer?

Started by HawgWild7, April 06, 2009, 12:08:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild7

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4040689

Phelon Jones was a 4 star recruit by Rivals out of high school. Any insight on where he might end up?
Mrcoolhog55 is my hero.

HOGINTENNESSEE

I was looking at that also. He would be a good get.

But, the odds are probably slim.  I don't know for sure but he will more than likely not be allowed to go to another SEC school. I think Miami was high on his list in High School he may look there.

wholehog92

My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

The_Bionic_Pig

He was the Gatorade Player of the Year for the State of Alabama in 2006.  His brother Carvel Jones currently plays for Troy after transferring from Mississippi St. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 06, 2009, 04:09:28 pm
He was the Gatorade Player of the Year for the State of Alabama in 2006.  His brother Carvel Jones currently plays for Troy after transferring from Mississippi St. 

He is transferring to Auburn. Too many ahead of him on the depth chart at LSU. He wants to be close to home and Auburn needs DB's. It's a done deal.

keithh1999

Quote from: Tammany Tom on April 06, 2009, 04:48:14 pm
He is transferring to Auburn. Too many ahead of him on the depth chart at LSU. He wants to be close to home and Auburn needs DB's. It's a done deal.

Can we wait for the official word? I don't have anything against you personally, but unless you are on the staff at AU... I think I'll wait.
Pig Farmers are cool.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: keithh1999 on April 06, 2009, 05:30:59 pm
Can we wait for the official word? I don't have anything against you personally, but unless you are on the staff at AU... I think I'll wait.

Nothings "official", but is this good enough for you?

http://blog.al.com/auburnbeat/2009/04/phelon_jones_transferring_from.html

Kilgor

He is going to Auburn.  Believe what you want I guess.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Tammany Tom on April 06, 2009, 05:53:54 pm
Nothings "official", but is this good enough for you?

http://blog.al.com/auburnbeat/2009/04/phelon_jones_transferring_from.html

Is LSU going to make him wait two years to play? I find it hard to believe that they would let him go to an SEC rival and only sit out one year.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 06, 2009, 07:41:05 pm
Is LSU going to make him wait two years to play? I find it hard to believe that they would let him go to an SEC rival and only sit out one year.

Nope. LSU gave him an unconditional release. He is free to go where ever he wants and will only have to sit out the mandatory NCAA one year period.

He's a very good young man and a very good player. LSU was just too loaded at corner, with Patrick Peterson winning a starting job as a true freshman last year and with the emergence of red-shirt freshman Brandon Taylor in spring practice this year. He wants to start and it wasn't in the works short-term at LSU. He also wants to go back home to Alabama.

There was no reason for Miles to do anything to hurt a very good young man that wants to be close to home and have a better opportunity to start.

I wish him the best. He and his family have been class acts through the whole deal. Auburn is getting a very fine young man and good player.

Hogstocking

Considering LSU ranked 11th in the SEC last year (even worse than the hogs) in pass defense, I'm kinda surprised Miles let him go seemingly without a fight and with no strings attached.   Jones sounds like a homesick kid to me.  Good for Miles.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Hogstocking on April 06, 2009, 08:20:32 pm
Considering LSU ranked 11th in the SEC last year (even worse than the hogs) in pass defense, I'm kinda surprised Miles let him go seemingly without a fight and with no strings attached.   Jones sounds like a homesick kid to me.  Good for Miles.

LSU's 11th ranked pass defense was not because of lack of talent. It was because of extremely poor defensive coaching. That is why Miles fired the entire defensive coaching staff after the season.

Jones was 3rd on the depth chart this spring. Patrick Peterson and Hawkins are starting and Jai Eugene and Brandon Taylor are backing them up.

It's not because of homesickness on why Jones is leaving. Go to Mapquest.com and look up the distance between Baton Rouge and Mobile and then look up the distance between Auburn and Mobile and then come back and tell me it's because he was homesick and wanted to be closer to home.

hs6

Just to let you know. Anything Tammany Tom posts is probably highly accurate and should be taken into consideration.

pitbull1