Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UT Athletics * -- About as pathetic as it can get lol

Started by SRFL, April 05, 2009, 11:31:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Balling

Quote from: drivetimeporks on April 08, 2009, 01:18:02 pm
  if any of you had followed my posts over time,( and shame on you for missing out if you havent ) im not an sec rah rah.. why? because my team is arkansas, not lsu, not florida, etc.. i dont get my jollies b/c florida or bama or lsu wins.. i find that irrational.. " yeah bama  kicked our asses too.. but were better cuz we are in the sec? not a texas fan either but, itd funny to me that a 2nd tier sec team dare chastise the likes of ut on the football field...im a big supporter of reality

As you should know by your own logic, you don't have to be a "rah rah" SEC fan to accept the reality that the SEC is top-to-bottom a better conference than the Big 12. 

drivetimeporks

Quote from: Hawg Balling on April 08, 2009, 01:20:20 pm
As you should know by your own logic, you don't have to be a "rah rah" SEC fan to accept the reality that the SEC is top-to-bottom a better conference than the Big 12. 
again, whats the relevence of that? arkansas isnt even a bowl eligible team?  yea great ,woo pig!

Hawgrox

Quote from: drivetimeporks on April 08, 2009, 01:18:02 pm
itd funny to me that a 2nd tier sec team dare chastise the likes of ut on the football field...im a big supporter of reality

They are not being chastised for something they did on the football field. They are being chastised for whining and claiming a part of a championship that they did not win. You say you are a supporter of reality? Then the reality is that Texas DID NOT win the Big XII Title.

Hook 'em.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: drivetimeporks on April 08, 2009, 01:26:26 pm
again, whats the relevence of that? arkansas isnt even a bowl eligible team?  yea great ,woo pig!

The relevance of the point is found in my reference to my belief that UT would not have been as successful in the SEC as they are in the Big 12.  It was more of a disparaging remark about the Big 12 than it was about the Longhorns.  I said nothing about the Razorbacks, their bowl eligibility, or how they'd fair in the Big 12.

SRFL

I'm not going to name names but someone did not get the gist of this thread.  Not surprising.

drivetimeporks

semantics boys..WTH ever.. texas is elite, arkansas isnt.. get over it.. funny sign be darned

drivetimeporks

Quote from: SRFL on April 08, 2009, 01:41:58 pm
I'm not going to name names but someone did not get the gist of this thread.  Not surprising.
hmm the mental gymnastics required here.!!.  desperate hog fan makes fun of texas sign, which was hung as a joke.. primarily b/c theres nothing on the field about texas u can take a shot at.. seeing that, i surmised, correctly, the  soon-to-follow sec sec chants from this  crowd.. i merely stated the facts..  distort them as u like

Hawg Balling

Quote from: drivetimeporks on April 08, 2009, 01:54:52 pm
hmm the mental gymnastics required here.!!.  desperate hog fan makes fun of texas sign, which was hung as a joke.. primarily b/c theres nothing on the field about texas u can take a shot at.. i merely stated the facts..  distort them as u like

I'll take a shot at it.  Hogs have won 3 of the last 5.  That's an undistorted fact from a "desperate" hog fan.

drivetimeporks

fine.. hogs werent bowl eligible last year.. fact.. texas  will get a sniff at the nat title this year ...fact historically , texas owns us.. fact.. most big 12 teams wouldve beaten the hogs last year .. fact.. yes the longhorns make bad signs ill give u that.....

Hawg Balling

Quote from: drivetimeporks on April 08, 2009, 02:05:13 pm
fine.. hogs werent bowl eligible last year.. fact.. texas  will get a sniff at the nat title this year ...fact historically , texas owns us.. fact.. most big 12 teams wouldve beaten the hogs last year .. fact.. yes the longhorns make bad signs ill give u that.....

I recite our recent head-to-head record, and you relay the bowl eligibility of each team? Kind of a head-scratcher.  So by your logic, even though we beat LSU on the field of play last year, they were the better team because they were bowl eligible?  Mental gymnastics, indeed.

olivebranchhog

I think Drivetime has a secret crush on texass and the big 12......
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

SRFL

Quote from: drivetimeporks on April 08, 2009, 01:54:52 pm
hmm the mental gymnastics required here.!!.  desperate hog fan makes fun of texas sign, which was hung as a joke.. primarily b/c theres nothing on the field about texas u can take a shot at.. seeing that, i surmised, correctly, the  soon-to-follow sec sec chants from this  crowd.. i merely stated the facts..  distort them as u like

Me?  Distort?  You just distorted the fact that the whole thing is a joke when even UT themselves say it was a mistake to do it in the first place.  It wasn't a joke...unless you are like some with a sense of humor and poke fun at the asshats they are.  Record be darned. 

Move to the 40 Acres UT Hugger.

Maverick Razorback

Quote from: SRFL on April 08, 2009, 02:52:38 pm
Me?  Distort?  You just distorted the fact that the whole thing is a joke when even UT themselves say it was a mistake to do it in the first place.  It wasn't a joke...unless you are like some with a sense of humor and poke fun at the asshats they are.  Record be darned. 

Move to the 40 Acres UT Hugger.
old school OWNED!!
IF YOU AINT FIRST...YOUR LAST!!

One of Arkansas last lowriders.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: SRFL on April 08, 2009, 02:52:38 pm
UT Hugger.

I think we've just been witness to a newly coined phrase, and a good one I might add.

Hawgrox

Quote from: olivebranchhog on April 08, 2009, 02:20:56 pm
I think Drivetime has a secret crush on texass and the big 12......

Secret?!?!? I'd say is pretty overt.

COCHISE

April 08, 2009, 05:03:48 pm #65 Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 05:05:28 pm by 870 RZR
Quote from: drivetimeporks on April 08, 2009, 01:09:26 pm
crickets? thought so.....
First off, I began by saying I didn't know which was more embarrassing, Texas only having two Big 12 championships or us having none, I was serious about that.  But the fact is that we have never had the overall talent to win an SECCG, but Texas has d**ned sure had the talent to win more than two Big 12 titles.  If you think Mack Brown doesn't under achieve with the load of talent that he brings in year in and year out, you're the one that's not being rational.  You put a real coach in charge of that program, with that type of recruiting grounds, and that historically weak a$$ conference and I would guarantee you that Texas would be more than "competitive for the Big 12 title each year."

drivetimeporks

thats fine.. when you cant  win with logic, go with name calling...   figures

drivetimeporks

Quote from: 870 RZR on April 08, 2009, 05:03:48 pm
First off, I began by saying I didn't know which was more embarrassing, Texas only having two Big 12 championships or us having none, I was serious about that.  But the fact is that we have never had the overall talent to win an SECCG, but Texas has d**ned sure had the talent to win more than two Big 12 titles.  If you think Mack Brown doesn't under achieve with the load of talent that he brings in year in and year out, you're the one that's not being rational.  You put a real coach in charge of that program, with that type of recruiting grounds, and that historically weak a$$ conference and I would guarantee you that Texas would be more than "competitive for the Big 12 title each year."
2006 we had plenty of talent
texas is 56 -21 against arkansas  all time
texas has 4 nc all time , 1 under mack brown in 2005
brown has won AT LEAST 9 games a year since starting at texas  in1998
brown is 115-26 in that time period , thats 81.5% winning  for you folks in faulkner county
...compare that to the only other relevent coach in college football , Pete Carroll , who is 88 -15 since 2001 thats  85% and  for all the hoopla 2 national titles..(without a doubt carrolls record is much more impressive than  browns)

and  the hogs over the same era (since 1998) were, well,  coached by houston nutt....ill spare you the statistics if you will please spare me the mantra of  "nutt sucks" yada yada...

finally you state that "if a real coach were at texas.."  by that i know you mean BP....  i think highly of BP but, would he really have won better than 81% of his games. i doubt it. stick around and ill teach you boys something .. you can be a hog fan and not wear blinders 24/7

COCHISE

April 09, 2009, 10:55:36 am #68 Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 11:04:43 am by 870 RZR
Quote from: drivetimeporks on April 09, 2009, 12:41:15 am
2006 we had plenty of talent
No we didn't...obviously.  We had plenty of talent in the backfield, not enough overall talent on both sides of the ball.  And no, I didn't mean BP, however I do believe if BP had been at Texas as long as Brown has, they'd have more than 2 Big 12 titles, and I can almost guarantee you that Meyer, Saban, Carroll, etc. would. Carroll's got 7 Pac-10 championships, Meyer already has 2 SEC championships  in just 4 years at Florida. Mack Brown has exactly 1 Big 12 championship and has been Bob Stoops b*tch in the conference, who has 6 Big 12 championships by the way.  Any way you want to spin it, Mack Brown has drastically underperformed with the amount of talent he brings in every year.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: drivetimeporks on April 08, 2009, 12:49:05 pm
excuses anyone? ya'll keep wanting to say we are a big time program, but you  spin excuses at every turn....45 years and counting.. should we start a last man club for people alive the last time arkansas won a football title?...you cant hide in the bushes and throw rocks at texas and claim to be top tier... i hate them, but the sobs have 4 nat titles.. thats 1-2-3-4.. 3 more than we have.. and theyre a heckuva lot closer to another than we are...  wanna run with the big dogs, stop cowering on the porch... your skewed perspective doesnt translate to W's

Enough with the texas fellating, man.

Pigsknuckles

The asterisk represents an assumed victory over Mizzou, not unlike their assumed victory over TT.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

olivebranchhog

Drivetime is the only hog fan I've ever seen that loves the horns and the big 12. I mean giving respect is one thing, but DT puts down the hogs in order to voice love for the horns. What the hell kind of stuff are you drinking, smoking, or swallowing???????
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

SRFL

First time I have ever seen it as well OBH.  The premise of the thread was totally lost on the guy, which was obviously UT accepting something they are not entitled to.  Next thing we know we have a Hog Fan (*) taking exception to any/all Sip ridicule.

Damnedest thing I've ever seen.

Dances With Hogs

April 09, 2009, 04:58:32 pm #73 Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 05:01:18 pm by Dances With Hogs
Go ahead Hawg Balling throw mud at the ------He needs to get off our board and go to the Horn board or Ole Piss board quote author=Hawg Balling link=topic=290755.msg4182886#msg4182886 date=1239214243]
Not to throw mud, but are you a Texas fan or something?  I'm all for rational discussion, but it seems to me that you're throwing out a lot of "we suck" talk in addition to continuous defense of UT.  Again, I'm not accusing you of anything, but your degradation of the SEC threw me off a bit.
[/quote]

slowride

Quote from: Hawg Balling on April 08, 2009, 01:20:20 pm

Well, you're missing out.  One of the best things about being in the SEC is that we get to cheer for all the great teams at the top of our conference.  We get to brag on these other teams regardless of how Arkansas does.  More and more, I'm becoming an SEC fan first.

drivetimeporks

Quote from: 870 RZR on April 09, 2009, 10:55:36 am
No we didn't...obviously.  We had plenty of talent in the backfield, not enough overall talent on both sides of the ball.  And no, I didn't mean BP, however I do believe if BP had been at Texas as long as Brown has, they'd have more than 2 Big 12 titles, and I can almost guarantee you that Meyer, Saban, Carroll, etc. would. Carroll's got 7 Pac-10 championships, Meyer already has 2 SEC championships  in just 4 years at Florida. Mack Brown has exactly 1 Big 12 championship and has been Bob Stoops b*tch in the conference, who has 6 Big 12 championships by the way.  Any way you want to spin it, Mack Brown has drastically underperformed with the amount of talent he brings in every year.
amazing blind loyalty to a below .500 sec  coach....

drivetimeporks

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 09, 2009, 12:39:16 pm
Enough with the texas fellating, man.
suprised you even know what that means, but id expect more from a moderator, well  you guys did keep fresh legs around, maybe i shouldt... sorry to throw facts in the way of your 24/7/365 bp love fest

drivetimeporks

Quote from: slowride on April 09, 2009, 06:12:05 pm
Well, you're missing out.  One of the best things about being in the SEC is that we get to cheer for all the great teams at the top of our conference.  We get to brag on these other teams regardless of how Arkansas does.  More and more, I'm becoming an SEC fan first.
if u love the sec first why not just save yourself the trouble and become a gator fan? youll be  alot happier on saturdays

UAfanatic

Quote from: drivetimeporks on April 07, 2009, 12:26:51 am
why diss the big 12 ? must i again  remind the blind yet faithful hogfans of the tremendous a$$ kicking handed to us by  a big 12 school last time we played them...  MIZZOU tigers anyone ? let me break this down grant coutny style so ya'll can understand ..you cant talk smack about folks when they own your asses..

DISCLAIMER: This was with a transition team(to ole miss) of part time coaches.

mizzou has been 'competitive' only with this last group of players..

we'll see if they can re-load.. or go back to obscurity.

slowride

Quote from: drivetimeporks on April 11, 2009, 08:12:19 am
if u love the sec first why not just save yourself the trouble and become a gator fan? youll be  alot happier on saturdays

I am a gator fan and a Tiger fan and an Arkansas fan.  I'm an SEC fan, and I get to be a fan of every team in the conference even when the Razorbacks have down years.

jfred59

Quote from: SRFL on April 05, 2009, 11:31:50 pm
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-8-185/Longhorns-have-claimed-the-2008-Big-12-title----with-an-asterisk.html

What would you expect from them.  They didnt get their way and their itty bitty feelings got hurt so they just do like they did in old SWC, make up their own rules as they go