Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Percy Harvin Fails NFL Combine drug test

Started by Hoggy Bear, April 03, 2009, 02:31:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Root66

Quote from: twistitup on April 05, 2009, 06:13:29 pm
Didn't hurt Warren Sapp much....and it was coke he tested positive for before being drafted in the first round.

NFL said that it was a rumor he tested + on coke. But didn't deny he tested + on marijuana. He fell from a probable #1 in the entire draft to the 12th player selected, and it probably cost him $3,000,000 in 1996.

hogdogcrazy

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on April 05, 2009, 02:14:44 pm
Until it's legal, it's illegal.  Doesn't matter what "Should" be.  These kids don't get it.  Never will.

Sure it matters.  A law that makes criminals out of 20 million plus Americans is a seriously dumbass law.  I think I'll roll one up myself after reading this crap.
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

Root66

Quote from: hogdogcrazy on April 05, 2009, 10:13:14 pm
Sure it matters.  A law that makes criminals out of 20 million plus Americans is a seriously dumbass law.  I think I'll roll one up myself after reading this crap.

You're seriously a dumbass.

twistitup

Quote from: Root66 on April 05, 2009, 09:47:46 pm
NFL said that it was a rumor he tested + on coke. But didn't deny he tested + on marijuana. He fell from a probable #1 in the entire draft to the 12th player selected, and it probably cost him $3,000,000 in 1996.

In the long term he was one of the best d-lineman in the game while he played; in the long term Harvin will be a good player in the NFL and I doubt this will hurt him much in the big picture.

But, it will cost him several million in the short term.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Akimatsu

Maybe he did it on purpose. Realizing he would be taken high in the draft and not wanting to go to some crap team (Hi Mcfadden!), and realized that smoking weed isn't looked down on too badly, so he smoked in the hopes of dropping down to a decent team.

Strategy is what it was all about!

Biggus Piggus

I guess we know who the Raiders are drafting now.
[CENSORED]!

MacHog19

Yes Akimatsu, that 's it.  I'm sure Harvin learned Machiavellian principles during his studies at Florida and has implemented the first phase of his plan to land on a better team by hurting his draft position by testing positive for marijuana.  Sure, it will cost him millions in signing bonuses, but Percy also studied hedging extensively in his finance courses at Gainesville and has calculated that into his long-term financial portfolio. 

That bit of sarcasm aside, the apparent transgressions by the Roid Brothers from USC is more troubling.  If those guys have truly tested positive for steroids, Goodell better bring the hammer.

Hornkiller

Forget Roger bringing the hammer... where is the NCAA on this?

Then again I'm sure the NCAA is covered up trying to get to the bottom of Reggie Bush's living arrangements. Funny how the media never talks about the under the table payments and roids when they're playing Pete on a pedestal. Yeah I know "every" program does it but if it was an SEC program (especially Saban) they'd have every outside the lines reporter back there digging up the dirt.

Pete Carroll more then any other college coach seems to get a free pass when it comes to investigations.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: Hornkiller on April 06, 2009, 01:40:35 pmThen again I'm sure the NCAA is covered up trying to get to the bottom of Reggie Bush's living arrangements. Funny how the media never talks about the under the table payments and roids when they're playing Pete on a pedestal.

Pete Carroll more then any other college coach seems to get a free pass when it comes to investigations.

If there was ever an institution that I would not want to investigate a murder (or other crime that needed to be solved swiftly), it would be the NCAA.  These people can't find their peckers with both hands, and they drag their feet on the minutest of issues (i.e Broderick Green, Mallett's request for eligibility last year, Reggie Bush). 

By the way, you're right on the money about Pete Carroll getting a free pass from the media.  Players receiving $10,000 handshakes and getting on 'roids, that's bush league.  But leaving the Atlanta Falcons (a team that hates you for no reason) and taking a job with the Arkansas Razorbacks, now that's just unacceptable and indicative of a lack of character *sarcasm*. 

Jdub

Hawg Balling

April 06, 2009, 03:19:41 pm #60 Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 03:22:38 pm by Hawg Balling
Quote from: Jdub on April 06, 2009, 02:48:00 pm
Please axed her to not speak again.

That was painful to watch. 

Nice robe, by the way.  Looks like something the UF made for Hugh Hefner.  I think she'd be the last person that the BCS would want as a voice in their defense. 

I wonder if Corch Urban Meyers is mad at Percy Harvey for testing positive for pot and letting down the Florida Gatah.  At least they won the BSBCS title.  Florida deserves that gradulation for being the athletic school in the country.  Not to mention the tough conferences they play in.

MacHog19

Why USC is such the darling of the NCAA is beyond me; but, it's clear that nothing is going to become of the Reggie Bush investigation and they won't even touch this issue.

deshahawg

I'd definately say he cost himself a lot of money, but someone might take him early regardless! They want production at all cost on some NFL teams.

bythelake

It makes a guy wonder how prevelant steroid use is in college.  Isn't there a strict drug testing policy enforced in college.  From all the recent busts, positive test, etc. from the post college sportsters it looks like at the college level there is a turned head.  Does anybody know what kind of testing is done at the college level?

beenthere

Why does everyone assume that some blogger from south Forida has the true word straight from god on this matter? The story has been refuted several times (at least the SC linebackers part). This could very easily be a plant by an agent to move his client up a few places

cosmodrum

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 06, 2009, 11:33:13 am

I love that you're a Raiders fan and say that. Awesome!
Go away, batin'

jj202020

when you know you have a drug test coming and you smoke pot anyway you are either stupid or have a serious addiction (ala Ricky Williams).

PorkSoda

Quote from: bythelake on April 06, 2009, 04:02:44 pm
It makes a guy wonder how prevelant steroid use is in college.  Isn't there a strict drug testing policy enforced in college.  From all the recent busts, positive test, etc. from the post college sportsters it looks like at the college level there is a turned head.  Does anybody know what kind of testing is done at the college level?
None that I know of.  testing is expensive, which is why there is no wide spread testing.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

twistitup

Quote from: bythelake on April 06, 2009, 04:02:44 pm

Wake up!...steroid use is huge in college athletics ~ has been in the past and probably will be for a long time. By the way it's huge in H.S. too. Yes, High School.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

OLDHOG

If the world smoked a J, it would be alot better place to live. That's all I'm saying on the subject.

jkstock04

Pure intellegence at it's best here.  I mean really, how hard would it have been for this guy to stay away from his swisher sweet weed filled blunt for a month or two before his drug test??
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

drivetimeporks

Quote from: twistitup on April 06, 2009, 09:22:30 pm
Wake up!...steroid use is huge in college athletics ~ has been in the past and probably will be for a long time. By the way it's huge in H.S. too. Yes, High School.
steroids were huge in my high school in sheridan back in the freaking 80's....therefore id assume they are handed out like  chicklets, if not hand delivered by the coaching staff to college players... not just bashing the hogs mind you, but any  half way serious college team...

Hawg Balling

Quote from: drivetimeporks on April 08, 2009, 09:15:46 am
not just bashing the hogs mind you, but any  half way serious college team...

Are you ever not bashing the hogs?

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 06, 2009, 11:33:13 am

So McFadden got high??  Not that I would be surprised, but still. 

Seriously, who cares??  Percy Harvin will still go in the 1st round, still make millions, and college kids will still smoke weed.  Deal with it.  Marijuana is still safer than alcohol and cigarettes, so I don't get why it's illegal.

Quote from: jj202020 on April 06, 2009, 04:54:01 pm
when you know you have a drug test coming and you smoke pot anyway you are either stupid or have a serious addiction (ala Ricky Williams).

An addiction to weed....haha....I don't even know what to say...
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.