Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Percy Harvin Fails NFL Combine drug test

Started by Hoggy Bear, April 03, 2009, 02:31:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ua_hogs

anyone who fails a drug test knowing that it is coming is a complete idiot

Hawg Balling

April 03, 2009, 02:37:04 pm #2 Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 02:38:45 pm by Hawg Balling
Quote from: Cooper on April 03, 2009, 02:33:16 pm
That just means some team is going to get a hell of a steal now that he'll drop a couple of rounds.

Good point.  Same goes that Raji kid from Boston College.

Edit: Just read the article and saw where two of USC's linebackers tested positive for steroids.  I knew some of those guys had to be juicing. 

Jeephog

TexHog188

The article also says two USC linebackers failed the drug test - Steroids..... Brian Cushing & Clay Matthews.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Razorhogs

PorkSoda

So he is strong and fast and he smokes marijuana.  so much for the pot is harmful propaganda.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Zen_Hog

Quote from: TexHog188 on April 03, 2009, 02:38:33 pm
The article also says two USC linebackers failed the drug test - Steroids..... Brian Cushing & Clay Matthews.

I knew Clay Matthews was on something. He was a walk on at USC, and eventually started. Figures.

Zen_Hog

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 03, 2009, 02:53:22 pm
So he is strong and fast and he smokes marijuana.  so much for the pot is harmful propaganda.

Pot actually makes you run faster.

RazorWeevil

That just means some team is going to get a hell of a steal now that he'll drop a couple of rounds.

You are exactly right Coop. 
Insanity is hereditary.  I got mine from my kids.

Hey Super

As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

StewDogg11

You're an idiot if you think he's gonna drop a couple rounds, a couple spots maybe but not into the 3rd or 4th round.  When Calvin Johnson admitted that he smoked marijuana during the combine two years ago, it really damaged his draft stock.  Sarcasm.

Buck Ocean

Think like a Jedi

BigSexyHog

Great, kids do drugs and they will be making millions here in a few weeks.  Real good example the NFL is setting up for the utes of america.  Congrats Roger and all that you do.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Jeephog

Quote from: StewDogg11 on April 03, 2009, 04:21:35 pm
You're an idiot if you think he's gonna drop a couple rounds, a couple spots maybe but not into the 3rd or 4th round.  When Calvin Johnson admitted that he smoked marijuana during the combine two years ago, it really damaged his draft stock.  Sarcasm.

Yeah, on second thought, prob won't hurt him too much.  Maybe 5-10 spots.  Only that many b/c some teams may not need WR.  Bet he's still late first round.

BigSexyHog

I am going to get my kid on pot and roids today.  He is 8 by the time he is done with college he is going to be a stud......
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

irishman

I agree with ua hogs, if you can't get clean for a test you know is coming months in advance you are an idiot

PorkSoda

Quote from: BigSexyHog on April 03, 2009, 04:30:31 pm
Great, kids do drugs and they will be making millions here in a few weeks.  Real good example the NFL is setting up for the utes of america.  Congrats Roger and all that you do.
anything bad for the Utes, is good for the rest of us.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Smokehouse

QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: StewDogg11 on April 03, 2009, 04:21:35 pm

Admitting it is different from failing a test.  But you may still be right about his draft stock.  If Goddell is serious about discipline all of these guys should be punished one way or another.

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hogimus Prime

HatfieldHawg

Smoking Marijuana is about like going 20 mph over the speed limit, not that big of a deal.

newera

"We need to get the word out... This stuff is the BEE's KNEE's!..."
Pineapple Express.
I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: BigSexyHog on April 03, 2009, 04:30:31 pm
yeah you're right.  kids should stay away from dangerous drugs like weed that don't cause anything but the munchies but it's ok to drink alcohol which kills thousands of people every year. 
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

RebelliousHog

Quote from: LongHog on April 03, 2009, 03:44:03 pm
i hope the cowboys steal him.

God, not again. Does every guy available HAVE to go to the Cowgirls?
Quote from: Cooper on April 03, 2009, 04:32:15 pm
It's all Roger Goodell's fault.

No, but he is in charge and has been pretty active in dealing with player indiscretions.  My solution? Any player failing a drug test prior to draft day loses a year. They gotta wait a year before entering the draft. I know there would be lawsuits abounding. But it wouldn't take but a couple of these and maybe they'd pull their heads out.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

rude1

If he was on my draft board, off he comes with this news. With so much on the line, you mean to tell me he can't quit the wacky weed long enough to make it through the combine? If he can't hold it together long enough to make it past the combine, you have to have serious doubts about his ability to do the right thing once you have signed him to millions of dollars.

Root66

Corrine Brown, she gonna be soooo proud uh Percy!

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: PorkOpine on April 03, 2009, 08:33:10 pm
1, 2...3, Fo, Fi.  Percy Harvey knows how to get high!

Go Gator...........................Go Gator.........................Go Gator.

fixed it for you

ChicoHog

Quote from: Root66 on April 03, 2009, 08:14:51 pm
Corrine Brown, she gonna be soooo proud uh Percy!

You got me. Who is Corrine Brown?

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: PorkOpine on April 03, 2009, 08:45:15 pm
You're right.  I fixed it some more.
lol....i don't know how i overlooked that.

The Hog

Big deal.  Now he fits in with 50% of the league.
Automatic RUN!

Speedracer

Doesn't matter, Percy will get paid, pot will be legal by the time Obama's out of office, and the hogs go to the sugar bowl in 2010.  If you need lottery numbers I charge $5 and 10% of winnings.
Like smites bother me.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: The Hog on April 03, 2009, 09:58:38 pm
Big deal.  Now he fits in with 50% of the league.

I agree.  I think the story of the two USC linebackers testing positive for juice is much more scandalous and indicative of a deficit of character than Percy Harvin blazing.

pigbreath

Quote from: ua_hogs on April 03, 2009, 02:32:44 pm
anyone who fails a drug test knowing that it is coming is a complete idiot

Fixed that for you....IMO....
"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity." - Albert Einstein

TomasPistola

Quote from: PorkOpine on April 03, 2009, 08:33:10 pm
1, 2...Tree, Fo, Fi.  Percy Harvey knows how to get high!

Go Gatah...........................Go Gatah.........................Go Gatah.

I'll PM you my address so you can send me a new Keyboard.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Arazorbackguy1

this should be an automatic suspension from the league for one year.  If you are ignorant enough to not pass a drug test for the draft, then you don't get to enter the league.  What better way to set the example!   
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

SkunkyMunky

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on April 03, 2009, 02:56:40 pm

That is only if you are holding and there is cops.

But I agree that anyone who fails a drug test knowing it is coming is an idiot.

And the US would save 44 Billion dollars by legalizing it and make another 33 Billion taxing it.
That might be enough to get us out of all this debt a little quicker.
"Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great?"
Jimmy Johnson

"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple."
Barry Switzer

SkunkyMunky

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on April 03, 2009, 02:56:40 pm

That is only if you are holding and there is cops.

But I agree that anyone who fails a drug test knowing it is coming is an idiot.

And the US would save 44 Billion dollars by legalizing it and make another 33 Billion taxing it.
That might be enough to get us out of all this debt a little quicker.
"Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great?"
Jimmy Johnson

"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple."
Barry Switzer

cw2

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on April 03, 2009, 07:44:01 pm
yeah you're right.  kids should stay away from dangerous drugs like weed that don't cause anything but the munchies but it's ok to drink alcohol which kills thousands of people every year. 
people and their irresponsible behavior are responsible for killing people(no matter what they are on)...nothing else...except nautral occurrences(see cancer).

Big Papa Satan

So does dis reflect on Corch Meyer and dem Gatahs?

1 2 3

rah rah rass

dem gatahs shore love dat grass

CurDog64

Just saw on NFL network that none of the positive tests are confirmed... the only way they are confirmed is letters that go out to all the teams.  No letters have been sent to teams.  The only person that would know right now if they are positive tests are "Dr. Lombardo" (they quoted his name: guessing the guy who does the tests), and they quoted he was a "vault."  So NFL network are saying that their pet peeves are internet sites who have no information...

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Hoggy Bear on April 03, 2009, 02:31:32 pm
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/ufblog/entries/2009/04/03/report_harvin_failed_a_drug_te.html

It's only a little weed, who cares.  Marijuana should be legal anyway.  Let me know when someone is able to hit 70 homeruns or run faster becasue of marijuana.  This may be a bad economy but a dime bag is still 10 dollars.  Smart investment as far as I am concerned. 

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on April 04, 2009, 12:59:06 pm
This may be a bad economy but a dime bag is still 10 dollars. 

Perhaps, but is one still getting the same amount of ganja for said ten bucks.

RiseAgainst

Quote from: ua_hogs on April 03, 2009, 02:32:44 pm
anyone who fails a drug test....is a complete idiot

this.

Quote from: TexHog188 on April 03, 2009, 02:38:33 pm

false

Quote from: Lazarus P. Hog on April 04, 2009, 04:03:52 am
Yea Clay Matthews wieghed 160 coming out of High School. Put on about 65 lbs at USC.

So you think a 17/18 year old can't put on that much weight in 4 years? wow, strong unaware on your part.
Maybe genetics had something to do with Clay, after all....his father was a very good football player.

Also, most guys don't stop growing until their early 20's...

Hawg Balling

Quote from: RiseAgainst on April 04, 2009, 04:35:14 pm
So you think a 17/18 year old can't put on that much weight in 4 years? wow, strong unaware on your part.

It doesn't matter whether or not he can do it.  He did do it, and he achieved that weight gain with the help of the juice. 

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on April 04, 2009, 12:59:06 pm
It's only a little weed, who cares.  Marijuana should be legal anyway.  Let me know when someone is able to hit 70 homeruns or run faster becasue of marijuana.  This may be a bad economy but a dime bag is still 10 dollars.  Smart investment as far as I am concerned. 

Until it's legal, it's illegal.  Doesn't matter what "Should" be.  These kids don't get it.  Never will.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Beaverfever

I don't think it will cost him that much money.  If I was an NFL coach this wouldn't effect my stance on him unless it was combined with rumors that he was lazy, etc.  If his work ethic is fine then I say who cares. 

twistitup

April 05, 2009, 06:13:29 pm #48 Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 06:17:21 pm by twistitup
Didn't hurt Warren Sapp much....and it was coke he tested positive for before being drafted in the first round.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Jazorback