Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calipari (Merged)

Started by dhornjr1, March 31, 2009, 01:05:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dhornjr1

PorkSoda

So are are they officially paying him more than bama pays nick satan?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

rzbk

No major media outlets reporting this yet...at least that I've seen.

dhornjr1

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 31, 2009, 01:10:02 pm
So are are they officially paying him more than bama pays nick satan?

If the reports are true he will be the highest paid coach in college athletics.

WilsonHog

rzbk

WMHawgfan

Oh how quickly love turns to hate. They are having a meltdown in Memphis. John better get his stuff and get out of dodge quick. Knowing Memphis the way I do things could get ugly.

donewithdale

Now we'll get to see some action with coaching changes.  Always a great part of Final 4 week. 

Arkapigdiesel

I wonder if Beale St. will be set on fire tonight?  Cars turned over?  Buildings looted?
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

WMHawgfan

Don't know about Beale Street but Cal's steakhouses might want to order some extra security tonight.

The Boar War

Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on March 31, 2009, 01:22:37 pm
I wonder if Beale St. will be set on fire tonight?  Cars turned over?  Buildings looted?

Only on days that end in y.

hawgsav1

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

dhornjr1

Quote from: hawgsav1 on March 31, 2009, 01:32:02 pm
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4026848

This says otherwise...

That was written 4 1/2 hours ago by a guy in Connecticut. Trust me, it's going down right now.

Brass Knob

People have been saying it is official for 2 days now!  Trust me Memphis news channels have had that report since Sunday.  Nobody really knows what is going on here.  I am not saying he is going to leave but it is not official.  As of this morning he was still on the fence and was going to take a couple of hours to figure it out.  Money is not the motive because Memphis has matched Cal's offer dollar for dollar.  A decision should be made soon but nothing has been made official. 

WMHawgfan

Quote from: Brass Knob on March 31, 2009, 01:44:58 pm
People have been saying it is official for 2 days now!  Trust me Memphis news channels have had that report since Sunday.  Nobody really knows what is going on here.  I am not saying he is going to leave but it is not official.  As of this morning he was still on the fence and was going to take a couple of hours to figure it out.  Money is not the motive because Memphis has matched Cal's offer dollar for dollar.  A decision should be made soon but nothing has been made official. 
Probably right. I remember it being official that Tommy Tuberville was the next Razorback football coach too.

dhornjr1

Channel 5 in Memphis is reporting that the street in front of Calipari's house has been shut down.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: WMHawgfan on March 31, 2009, 01:24:04 pm
Don't know about Beale Street but Cal's steakhouses might want to order some extra security tonight.

All steaks will be cooked "well done" tonight.

Brass Knob

Quote from: dhornjr1 on March 31, 2009, 01:50:15 pm
Channel 5 in Memphis is reporting that the street in front of Calipari's house has been shut down.

It is, I drove by to see all the chaos, it is pretty ridiculous.  It is being reported though that no one is even at the house because he is already on a plane headed to Lexington.  This could develop quite quickly from.

Hogimus Prime

the plane is at the airport.  it is being guarded by a ninja commando unit.   there will be a presser at 4:31.4p.m. at the Kentucky Athletic Complex.  only those reporters with magic tickets can attend.

i know this to be true cause i know somebody who knows somebody who knows something about it.

Oliver

Boy, I bet Rick Pitino wishes he would be recruiting against someone that "bled Kentucky" right now.

Lard

I can't deny it......this is a very good hire for KY jelly.  i think they are insane for paying him that much money but he will bring them back to elite status.
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

Brass Knob

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 31, 2009, 01:59:54 pm
Boy, I bet Rick Pitino wishes he would be recruiting against someone that "bled Kentucky" right now.

haha.... dont you know

heathtits

Speaking of which, where is HoginMemphis? Haven't seen him around since he said "Memphis wins by double digits" and "Calipari will NOT be leaving Memphis".

Hope his house didn't fall into the New Madrid or something.

dhornjr1

Hogimus Prime

how long til Coach Cal brings a title back to KY

Wild Bill Hog

Did anyone seriously think he wouldn't take the job?

Lard

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on March 31, 2009, 02:05:55 pm
If he pulls his Mempho recruits with him it could be in a year or two.  It can happen quickly at a school like KY.
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: Lard on March 31, 2009, 02:11:02 pm
If he pulls his Mempho recruits with him it could be in a year or two.  It can happen quickly at a school like KY.

if Cal can talk Meeks and Patterson into staying and Cal brings Cousins, Henry and Wall with him KY will be crazy, scary good next year.

He will turn KY back into a powerhouse and will dominate the SEC

jep_hog_fan

Quote from: hawgsav1 on March 31, 2009, 01:32:02 pm
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4026848

This says otherwise...
Memphis tells Mike Anderson not to sign until they speak. Sounds like they're coneding that Cal is gone.

jep_hog_fan

Watching WMC TV5, they're camped outside Cal's house. Bittersweet, I hate Mempiss, but I hate KY too.

Oliver

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he brought them an SEC title as early as next year.

jep_hog_fan

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 31, 2009, 02:25:19 pm
I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he brought them an SEC title as early as next year.

That could very well happen, esp if he can bring his class with him.

heathtits

Don't get too excited about all Memphis guys going to KY.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they refused to let their guys out of their LOIs. Especially if they bring in someone else pretty good, ie. BG or MA.

ruarealhogfan

Hopefully as long as it's taken him so far...

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: heathtits on March 31, 2009, 02:26:53 pm

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they refused to let their guys out of their LOIs. Especially if they bring in someone else pretty good, ie. BG or MA.

The recruits Cal would want to take either haven't signed LOI's or have clauses that allow them to leave if Cal leaves...

jep_hog_fan

Quote from: heathtits on March 31, 2009, 02:26:53 pm

I'm talkin about verbal commits for this upcoming season. No LOIs on them yet is there?

Oliver

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 31, 2009, 02:08:15 pm
Did anyone seriously think he wouldn't take the job?

"You can't fire a coach after 2 years."

"They struck out with Calipari last time."

"Kentucky fans are so delerious that no big name coach is going there now."

Yes, there were a few that thought this.

jep_hog_fan

Just read on another chat board that "Kentucky and Memphis complete coaching trade". That would be freakin hialrious for us non-mempiss fans.

heathtits

Quote from: jep_hog_fan on March 31, 2009, 02:30:01 pm
I'm talkin about verbal commits for this upcoming season. No LOIs on them yet is there?

Sorry only Cousins. I was thinking X. Henry was signed.

So yeah realistically he could get John Wall, have Meeks and Patterson and possibly bring his other guys.

Thats scary. I can only pray he gets busted for something monumentally shady, but the sad part is, I think the dude just knows how to relate fantastically to college basketball players for some reason.

The Great Hambino

Thats because he likes the same kind of girls that college basketball players do :)

masonselby

the comments on that live feed page are crackin me up.
"for christ sake im talking about bagging a sasquatch"

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: heathtits on March 31, 2009, 02:33:44 pm

So yeah realistically he could get John Wall, have Meeks and Patterson and possibly bring his other guys.

Thats scary. I can only pray he gets busted for something monumentally shady, but the sad part is, I think the dude just knows how to relate fantastically to college basketball players for some reason.

Henry is signed, but has the right to opt out if Cal leaves.  Nolan Dennis can also...

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6271764/14290603

Brass Knob

I think almost everyone who is signed has a clause allowing them to leave if Cal leaves as well.  I know Xavier Henry has already said he had a clause that like in his LOI.  If Cal brings his class to Kentucky they will be very good next year

masonselby

"for christ sake im talking about bagging a sasquatch"

Dropkick

Quote from: heathtits on March 31, 2009, 02:33:44 pm

I heard some radio guys in Memphis questioning whether Cousins and Wall would qualify academically for the SEC. Does Memphis and C-USA have lower standards?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 31, 2009, 02:31:22 pm
"You can't fire a coach after 2 years."

"They struck out with Calipari last time."

"Kentucky fans are so delerious that no big name coach is going there now."

Yes, there were a few that thought this.

I think Calipari finally figured out he couldn't win an NCAA Championship with a team that plays in CUSA.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Dropkick on March 31, 2009, 02:43:54 pm
I heard some radio guys in Memphis questioning whether Cousins and Wall would qualify academically for the SEC. Does Memphis and C-USA have lower standards?

Yes they do.

heathtits

Quote from: Brass Knob on March 31, 2009, 02:40:21 pm
I think almost everyone who is signed has a clause allowing them to leave if Cal leaves as well.  I know Xavier Henry has already said he had a clause that like in his LOI.  If Cal brings his class to Kentucky they will be very good next year

Especially if he keeps BGs guys which I'm sure he will. 5 star in Orton. They are gunna be scary.