Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's official,,, Georgia offers Mike Anderson!

Started by intoxhog, March 31, 2009, 09:37:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: BeoPig™ on March 31, 2009, 12:21:07 pm
His recruiting would get him ran out of town here.  Here are his top five scorers.  All someone else's players, but all Sr's and Jr's.  Must be nice to have such a deep, seasoned team in your third year.

DeMarre Carroll F  6-8  225  Senior
Leo Lyons F  6-9  244  Senior
Matt Lawrence G  6-7  203  Senior
J.T. Tiller G  6-3  200  Junior
Zaire Taylor G  6-4  189  Junior
first of all, Carroll is no snyder recruit. Secondly, its MUCH easierto recruit to arkansas thanUAB or Mizzou.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

psooie

He accepted? maybe Mizzou will strike back at the SEC and grab the dude at auburn.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Pig in the Poke on March 31, 2009, 12:40:07 pm
first of all, Carroll is no snyder recruit. Secondly, its MUCH easierto recruit to arkansas thanUAB or Mizzou.
I forgot he is MA's nephew.  He got any more of those laying around?  Is it or are we going to find out once the savior gets here that all we get is a bunch of three star players and you guys are all back on here crying for his head in year two since he has shown that he cannot turn a program around overnight like you guys want.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: BeoPig™ on March 31, 2009, 12:43:49 pm
I forgot he is MA's nephew.  He got any more of those laying around?  Is it or are we going to find out once the savior gets here that all we get is a bunch of three star players and you guys are all back on here crying for his head in year two since he has shown that he cannot turn a program around overnight like you guys want.
you are so cute and smart. But you are lacking in Razorfaith. Not that we have a chance anymore, but Mike is the Man to get it done.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pork Twain

Quote from: Pig in the Poke on March 31, 2009, 12:49:42 pm
you are so cute and smart. But you are lacking in Razorfaith. Not that we have a chance anymore, but Mike is the Man to get it done.
I do not have MA faith.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

heathtits

Quote from: BeoPig™ on March 31, 2009, 11:43:58 am
You really do not know what he can or cannot do.  One more year is not going to kill you.  Like it or not, it takes time to dig a program out of the ashes.

"Harry we're stuck in a hole right now. We're just gunna have to dig ourselves out!"

intoxhog

You really do not know what he can or cannot do.  One more year is not going to kill you.  Like it or not, it takes time to dig a program out of the ashes.
Actually, your broken record is getting annoying.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

Iwastherein1969

Were you saying the same ol' line when Stan Heath was going into his 3rd year ? Why do I get this overwhelming feeling you were ?
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

PorkRyan

His recruiting would get him ran out of town here.  Here are his top five scorers.  All someone else's players, but all Sr's and Jr's.  Must be nice to have such a deep, seasoned team in your third year.

Tiller was an MA recruit.

Go look at the two kids that Anderson has committed for next year.  Both 3 star players, but they had offers from major schools like Wake Forest, OU, Louisville, Marquette, West Virginia, Arizona, etc.

Meanwhile, we are trying to beat out Georgia State for a Guard.

Pork Twain

Quote from: intoxhog on March 31, 2009, 01:58:07 pm
Actually, your broken record is getting annoying.
Good one, you are a quick thinker

Pork Twain

March 31, 2009, 02:29:54 pm #60 Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 02:34:06 pm by BeoPig™
Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 31, 2009, 02:01:31 pm
          Were you saying the same ol' line when Stan Heath was going into his 3rd year ? Why do I get this overwhelming feeling you were ?
Nope, I did not like the race hire from the beginning, but I do think a coach should get three unless he totally destroys a program.

heathtits

Quote from: BeoPig™ on March 31, 2009, 02:29:54 pm
Nope, I did not like the race hire from the beginning, but I do think a coach should get three unless he totally destroys a program.

What do you define as totally destroying a program?

Pork Twain

Pork Twain

Quote from: rob99SS on March 31, 2009, 02:38:28 pm
Pel is doing his best to destroy this program.
Right...Such an insightful post.

Wild Bill Hog

Pork Twain

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 31, 2009, 02:50:54 pm
It's a Kentucky plot.
Dear Lord don't put any more conspiracies in these guys' heads.

Tusks

I live in ATL and I'd stay @ Mizzou......GA is NOT BB crazy....their arena only holds about 8,000....they sell more ticket to a girls gymnastics meet than mens BB....seriously.

Not saying there aren't much better jobs out there besides mizzou......GA just isn't one of them.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Wild Bill Hog

Olhickory

Better get your facts straight before posting.  Carroll transferred from Vanderbilt AFTER Anderson was hired at Mizzou.  Taylor transferred from Delaware AFTER Anderson was hired at Mizzou.  JT Tiller was recruited to Mizzou BY Anderson after he got the job (Matt Zimmerman I believe was the lead recruiter) 

It must be nice to have a coach that is CAPABLE of developing a seasoned and deep team by only his third year

Pork Twain

March 31, 2009, 03:45:55 pm #69 Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 03:54:28 pm by BeoPig™
Quote from: Stud_Hog77 on March 31, 2009, 03:40:33 pm
Better get your facts straight before posting.  Carroll transferred from Vanderbilt AFTER Anderson was hired at Mizzou.  Taylor transferred from Delaware AFTER Anderson was hired at Mizzou.  JT Tiller was recruited to Mizzou BY Anderson after he got the job (Matt Zimmerman I believe was the lead recruiter) 

It must be nice to have a coach that is CAPABLE of developing a seasoned and deep team by only his third year
My bad on those guys.  I just looked at the class they were a part of and did not dog deeper.  Sorry I assumed and passed it off as fact.

Seasoned team?  How many years? 

Pork Twain

The Hogfather

Quote from: Stud_Hog77 on March 31, 2009, 03:40:33 pm

How much do you want to bet that Missouri doesn't make it past the 2nd round of the NCAAT next year?

I said Ky wouldn't get a bigtime coach unles they spent between 4 and 6 mil per year for him.  Thats 2 mil to coach and 2 to 4 mil to put up with the crap.  MA going to GA makes me wonder if I over estimated the mans IQ.  Even at a good pay raise, that job isn't as good as MO.  He is foolish to go there because he has better options. 

cdclark09

Quote from: rob99SS on March 31, 2009, 03:43:59 pm
This ^^^^^
You have no clue if any of that is even true... you are just agreeing because it supports your 'side.'  ^^^^^^Clueless

Pork Twain

Quote from: rob99SS on March 31, 2009, 03:47:56 pm
Idiot ^^^^
Guy who cannot fight his own battles but says "this^" a lot when someone else says something smart.  ^^^^

The Hogfather

Quote from: 12247 on March 31, 2009, 03:50:12 pm
I said Ky wouldn't get a bigtime coach unles they spent between 4 and 6 mil per year for him.  Thats 2 mil to coach and 2 to 4 mil to put up with the crap.  MA going to GA makes me wonder if I over estimated the mans IQ.  Even at a good pay raise, that job isn't as good as MO.  He is foolish to go there because he has better options. 

Disagree totally.  He would reportedly be making nearly $1 million/year more than he would at Missouri.  And Georgia is a state that is rich in basketball talent.  All he has to do is change the thinking.  Get these kids to think Georgia basketball is just as cool, if not cooler, than Georgia Tech, etc.  With the new ESPN TV deal, the SEC is going to get a lot more coverage and clout.  Even if he gets fired there, he'll get paid for it (like BCG from Kentucky) and he'll get a chance somewhere else because "everyone knows Georgia is a blackhole for coaches" (except for Tubby).  If he does well, he'll be known as the savior in Georgia, like Donovan is for Florida basketball.

Pork Twain

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 31, 2009, 03:54:57 pm
Disagree totally.  He would reportedly be making nearly $1 million/year more than he would at Missouri.  And Georgia is a state that is rich in basketball talent.  All he has to do is change the thinking.  Get these kids to think Georgia basketball is just as cool, if not cooler, than Georgia Tech, etc.  With the new ESPN TV deal, the SEC is going to get a lot more coverage and clout.  Even if he gets fired there, he'll get paid for it (like BCG from Kentucky) and he'll get a chance somewhere else because "everyone knows Georgia is a blackhole for coaches" (except for Tubby).  If he does well, he'll be known as the savior in Georgia, like Donovan is for Florida basketball.
I agree because Araknsas did not always focus on basketball.

The Boar War

Mike Anderson is a good coach.  Can we all agree on that?  I hate to hear the guy disparaged on every thread that includes his name.  I also agree that his recruiting is not great but this constant bashing of Anderson is getting to be stupid.   

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: The Boar War on March 31, 2009, 04:27:51 pm
Mike Anderson is a good coach.  Can we all agree on that?  I hate to hear the guy disparaged on every thread that includes his name.  I also agree that his recruiting is not great but this constant bashing of Anderson is getting to be stupid.   

I agree that Mike is a good coach. But I would say that if it's cool to bash on your own coach, why not a coach from another school?

The Hogfather

Quote from: The Boar War on March 31, 2009, 04:27:51 pm

If people would stop using his success to bash the Arkansas program/coaches/administration, I would stop giving reasons why we should not hire him at Arkansas.

The_Bionic_Pig

March 31, 2009, 04:40:10 pm #81 Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 04:43:41 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 31, 2009, 02:01:31 pm

YOU GUYS SOUND LIKE MIZZOU TIGER FANS just 9 months ago!!

Mike Anderson Record:

Year 1: 18-12 (7-10)
Year 2: 16-16 (6-11)

Why so much FIRE COACH PELPHREY before year 3?

I am not expecting Coach Pelphrey's team with 7 Sophomore's and 2 Seniors to post a 30-6 record next season but I wish I some of you would stop calling for Pel's head based on his second year at the helm then base it on recruiting.   Recruiting means squat (Look at Mizzou's Players) if you don't have the one's you want based on your system of play. 

I bet no-one Last year this time knowing we were bringing in 7 Freshmen would not have picked us to make the NCAA tourney (that's assuming Patrick Beverly was still on the squad)

I would love to have Mike Anderson (PERFECT FIT) as our head coach but consistently dismantling and dragging our current coach through the mud IS NOT GOING TO CREATE A VACANCY!! 

Recruits and their parents/friends DO READ THESE BOARDS.  (KIDS GOOGLE THEIR NAMES, COACHES NAMES ALL THE TIME)

Please...Please....Please we can continue to banter on how this coach would be a great fit or that coach is much better without tearing our current coach into bits! 

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

forrest city joe

Quote from: oklahogjr on March 31, 2009, 09:39:08 am
i think he would be good enough but we have a coach and i think hiring anderson would be a lateral move right now
You have got to be kidding me. you cant be for real?(lateral move Anderson vs Pel) you have got to be kidding me.

forrest city joe

Quote from: LA HAWG on March 31, 2009, 04:44:05 pm
Exactly, we hate success here at Arkansas.  We prefer going 2-15 in conference play with a sun-belt coach.
Its flatout sickening!

ruarealhogfan

Is Mike really going to take the Georgia job?  Just heard on a break in the Shawn & Wally show that it might be a real possibility.  Personally never thought he would seriously consider them...

forrest city joe

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on March 31, 2009, 06:03:40 pm
Is Mike really going to take the Georgia job?  Just heard on a break in the Shawn & Wally show that it might be a real possibility.  Personally never thought he would seriously consider them...
Mike can have the UGA or Memphis job if he wants it. plus he will get a big offer from mizzo. the is one of the best coaches out there.

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 31, 2009, 06:20:12 pm
Mike can have the UGA or Memphis job if he wants it. plus he will get a big offer from mizzo. the is one of the best coaches out there.

I agree Mike is a good coach.  Wondering if he did, why he would take the Georgia job?  Would take Alabama or Memphis or go back to Mizzou b4 them. Of course Alabama went with Grant instead of waiting on Mike...