Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If we could drop 70 on someone?

Started by Greyhands, March 30, 2009, 11:11:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

If we could drop 70 on someone in football who would you vote for.

Texa$$
Ole Piss
USC
Bama
Missouri

CORZRBACKFAN

Quote from: Michael Porkleone on March 31, 2009, 07:33:07 pm
We are thinking along parallel lines.

That makes three of us. Without question, the Hogs putting 70 on Stoops would be one of the greatest and most defining sports moments I could ever ask for. If I had to vote for a team on the list, it would definitely be Ole Piss.
-"One has to learn havin' fun is just smilin' through
those changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes. "

-Jimmy Buffett

petrinoknowsbest

Destroying Alabama would do so much for our program and recruiting. How can you really say that you would rather drop 70 on Ole miss rather than USC not South Carolina but a true college powerhouse. I mean you drop 70 on Ole Miss you get maybe a 15 second clip on Sportscenter you do it to Alabama, Texas, or USC your the talk of the day and recruits come. Its really time to get over your stupid obsession of Houston Nutt! Please people move on!

petrinoknowsbest

April 01, 2009, 12:21:03 pm #52 Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 12:23:14 pm by petrinoknowsbest
Quote from: hawgndodge on April 01, 2009, 11:00:36 am
you better be glad karma isn't here right now.

WE WILL NEVER FORGET NUTT WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THE UA WE ONLY HATE OUR NUTTS WE NEVER CAN LET GO OF THE PAST AND LOVE TO BELIEVE WE ARE THE ONES THAT GOT RID OF HIM NO MATTER HOW TERRIBLE OUR BEHAVIOR> NOW WE CAN MAKE A TEAM THAT IS CONSTANTLY AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SEC OUR RIVAL INSTEAD OF SUCH NOTEWORTHY TEAMS AS LSU OR ALABAMA WE SHOOT FOR THE BOTTOM BECAUSE THATS WHAT WE DO!!
Of course you won't who cares about whats good for the program when you have houston! Maybe you should just start up an ASU website and you all could hate on Houston and not hurt the UA. I am sure ASU would love to have OLE MISS as its rival. I personally believe they are below the UA and would like to see a team with a winning tradition as our rival

drivetimeporks

Quote from: Hogsnort on March 31, 2009, 11:06:14 am
Southern Cal...... I wish they would be scheduled again.
hehehehehe are you serious?     please... 

phadedhawg

I would pick USC, USC, and USC.  They are the team that we will owe forever...until we resolve that situation.

None of those other teams have ever done to us what USC did.  It was the worst defeat in the modern history of our school and it has solidified us as a mid major program.

It was so bad that some of our players quit to join the Trojans bc they knew that we were small fries against the big guys. 

secfan30

Quote from: drivetimeporks on April 01, 2009, 01:03:31 pm
hehehehehe are you serious?     please... 

Now that we have a coach and not a dork with a straw hat, 6 plays and no finger nails, yeah I would agree.

sirhog

COCHISE

I'll go with Missouri State, because of that little b**tard that got on here talking trash after they beat us in basketball.  Plus it's more doable.

centarkswine

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: Hott on the Hogs on April 02, 2009, 08:32:29 am
Well said.  The fact that I see no chance to get even in the near future makes it worse.  At least we get the chance to punch Alabama, Ole Miss, LSU, etc. in the mouth each year.

USC in the BCS championship.  One can hope, can't he...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Hoggish1

I didn't have to look at the results to know the answer to this one.  It will happen!

hogchic2001

As long as HDN is coach at Ole Piss, my vote will be Ole Piss.
Go HOGS Go!

jbcarol

I take Mississippi on this one.  It's one team I think Coach Petrino would put another score on 63 on the board and less than a minute to go.

They wouldn't even have to stomp the midfield hog to do it (in '10).

http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Louisville_Cardinals#Stomping_on_the_Midfield_Logo

Louisville wins against teams who stomped the Midfield Cardinal during Coach Petrino's run:

East Carolina L 59-7 (2004)
South Florida L 41-9 (2004)
Cincinnati L 70-7 (2004)
Rutgers L 55-7 (2005)
Miami L 31-7 (2006)
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hawgrunner

hogball33

Hawghiggs

Notre Dame wasn't a choice so I went with Ole Piss

Pig_Lebowski

Quote from: drivetimeporks on April 01, 2009, 01:03:31 pm
hehehehehe are you serious?     please... 

Regardless of the Coach, Arkansas needs a few years before it goes back into a situation where they get the crap kicked out of them/

tolerati

"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

Sivad

Quote from: petrinoknowsbest on April 01, 2009, 01:38:28 am
Its really time to get over your stupid obsession of Houston Nutt! Please people move on!
I try. I really do. But that hammerhead's sins against the program were too many, too bad and went on for too long. He deserves every microgram of ill will that remains in this state for him.

FATBACKHAWG

While each of the schools represented are deserving of such an honor.  For some reason since we have joined the SEC my hatred for Texas has been replaced by Bama.  Believe me it is just as deep as my hatred for Texas was in the past.  Ole Miss could be up there but HDN there and Petrino here the odds that we hang 70 on ole sis will happen...

respirback

As much as I hate Texas, nothing would be sweeter than putting a huge whipping on Ole Miss.  Nutt deserves to get thrashed.  Bet the house on the Hogs in that game this year.  It won't be close.

GuvHog

April 06, 2009, 11:28:06 am #71 Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 11:44:21 am by GUVHOG
I don't give a tinkers you know what about Ole Miss so I wouldn't waste
my time with them. The OBVIOUS answer is USC because we owe
them. A 70 point win over Ole Miss is just a win, but putting 70 points
on Pete Carroll and USC would make national headlines and #1 in the
nation on every Stinkin' poll there is!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HuntinHog

Quote from: IronHog on March 31, 2009, 12:43:07 am
Texas

We'd still lose on a last second fumble and bomb the bowl game though.

:'( 

HoopS

GuvHog

Quote from: HoopS on April 06, 2009, 11:42:49 am
Ole Miss.  Period

Why waste 70 points on a meaningless University like that?? They're not worth the effort.

drivetimeporks

Quote from: Pig_Lebowski on April 04, 2009, 12:08:25 am
Regardless of the Coach, Arkansas needs a few years before it goes back into a situation where they get the crap kicked out of them/

yeah to quote Jim Croce " you don't tug on Superman's cape"

HoopS

Guv, bro, I'm entitled to have my own opinion.   And we play them this year.   And Nutt pissed on our program and flipped me and you both off as he lined his pockets. 

GuvHog

April 06, 2009, 12:39:56 pm #77 Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 12:41:36 pm by GUVHOG
Quote from: drivetimeporks on April 06, 2009, 12:06:41 pm
yeah to quote Jim Croce " you don't tug on Superman's cape"

I'm not sure you can call someone who gets beat by Stanford one year
and Oregon St. the next year "Superman." You CAN say that about
a team thats won the national Championship 2 years in a row and is likely
to win a third in a row this year However (Florida).

drivetimeporks

Quote from: GUVHOG on April 06, 2009, 12:39:56 pm
I'm not sure you can call someone who gets beat by Stanford one year
and Oregon St. the next year "Superman." You CAN say that about
a team thats won the national Championship 2 years in a row and is likely
to win a third in a row this year However (Florida).
love to wave my magic wand and have them line up and play ten games.. id take usc everytime..why the man love for FLORIDA? i freaking hate them, and dont want to have to beg some of their glory for my own 2nd tier program

GuvHog

April 06, 2009, 12:53:56 pm #79 Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 12:57:46 pm by GUVHOG
Quote from: drivetimeporks on April 06, 2009, 12:42:55 pm
love to wave my magic wand and have them line up and play ten games.. id take usc everytime..why the man love for FLORIDA? i freaking hate them, and dont want to have to beg some of their glory for my own 2nd tier program

It's not a man love. I'm a died in the wool Hog fan first and an
SEC fan second. I'll pull for any SEC team over any other conference.

By the way, Starting this year Arkansas isn't a second tier Football
program any more.

MS_HogFan

Quote from: drivetimeporks on April 06, 2009, 12:42:55 pm
love to wave my magic wand and have them line up and play ten games.. id take usc everytime

I agree. USC is a machine. They overlook some lesser teams, but they show up for big games. They not only win the big games, they dominate them.

USC gets my vote because it is the least likely to happen.
SOOIE

drivetimeporks

Quote from: GUVHOG on April 06, 2009, 12:53:56 pm
It's not a man love. I'm a died in the wool Hog fan first and an
SEC fan second. I'll pull for any SEC team over any other conference.

By the way, Starting this year Arkansas isn't a second tier Football
program any more.
thats the whole point... one season wont make a dent in  being  in "the big boys" maybe a decade

GuvHog

April 06, 2009, 01:28:40 pm #82 Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 01:36:33 pm by GUVHOG
Quote from: MS_HogFan on April 06, 2009, 01:16:46 pm
I agree. USC is a machine. They overlook some lesser teams, but they show up for big games. They not only win the big games, they dominate them.

USC gets my vote because it is the least likely to happen.

Exactly, and THAT'S why they haven't been in the National Chamionship
game in a few years. When you're playing for a National Championship you
can't overlook anybody. A loss to a lesser team in the Pac 10 hurts USC
far more than it hurts Florida in the SEC.

drivetimeporks

Quote from: GUVHOG on April 06, 2009, 01:28:40 pm
Exactly, and THAT'S why they haven't been in the National Chamionship
game in a few years. When you're playing for a Nation Championship you
can't overlook anybody. A loss to a lesser team in the Pac 10 hurts USC
far more than it hurts Florida in the SEC.
florida overlooked a houston nutt coached team didnt they .. har har har...

deshahawg

Looks like the Pisser is running away with it.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: The Strong Silent Type on April 06, 2009, 04:07:43 pm
How sad that we have so many fans that let their hatred for Nutt over rule their thirst for revenge against USC.

And what exactly would hanging 70 on OM prove? That we can beat up on one of the weaker teams in the SECW? Big deal, hanging 70 on USC would mean that our faith is Petrino was rewarded.

I really question if some people are even fans of the UA anymore, or i they are simply Nutt haters.

What is wrong with wanting to stomp what has become a very heated rival of many into the ground?

Rivalries come about in many different ways depending on the situation. Just like some older hog fans would rather beat Texas than any other SEC team, there are quite a few fans that feel the same way about Ole Miss. Whether it is their hatred of Nutt or a dislike of the weather patterns in Oxford, what does it really matter? I think I voted to beat bama by 70, followed closely by USC. That is based solely on rankings and quality of wins.

However, if we were allowed 1 loss to any team without hurting our standings, I'd take a win over ole miss over ANY bcs school this season, while taking the loss to any team on the schedule. I know it's a made up scenario, but I think you'll get the point.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: The Strong Silent Type on April 06, 2009, 04:23:32 pm
Again, I think it's sad that many of our fans want our "rival" to be a OM. Historically OM is on par with us as a program, is that what we want as our rival or do  we want to go after the big guns of Alabama, or LSU in the SECW? or the even bigger guns (currently) of USC.

I know what you are saying SST, I guess it just depends on one's definition of what makes a good rivalry. Heck, I would love to have something like OU-Texas, but I don't see that happening with one of the current SEC powerhouses as they all seem to have a rivalry at the moment.

Its just hard for me to hate teams that have whipped up on us over the years due to superior talent and coaching. Hopefully now that we are gaining momentum and "on the rise" as a program (facilities, coaches, recruiting),  it will translate into more respect within the league. IMO, this could translate into a bigger LSU-AR rivalry, especially if that game remains towards the end of the regular season.

hoggystyle78

April 06, 2009, 04:44:26 pm #87 Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 04:46:42 pm by hoggystyle78
1. USC, we owe them a butt whippin!
2. Florida, would be great to hear all those with their head up Fla.'s butt try to explain that away.
3. Texas, just cause they're Texas and it would look very good nationally same as Fla. and the condoms.
4. Ole Myth, cause hootie's time is coming.
5. LSU, see USC,Texas and Fla.
6. anybody else in the SEC or Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio St., Oklahoma, Florida St., Miami, etc. etc.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: The Strong Silent Type on April 06, 2009, 04:38:08 pm
IMHO that is THE rivalry right there. Lots of recruis,a border state, in our own division. I hope they NEVER move the game from the day after Thanksgiving either, that gives us a prime national broadcast every year. LSU should be our rivals, or we could continue to show the world that Nutt is at the top of our agenda by forming a "rivalry" with a program that has won exactly 50% of its games since 2000.

When the LSU game becomes THE game to win the SECW, which could happen in the next 2-4 years, I predict it will be around the same time Nutt leaves Ole Miss for one reason or another. I believe that's when the transition will occur, but not until we regularly compete with LSU. I know we've beat them 2 years in a row, but we weren't contending for the West in either game.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: The Strong Silent Type on April 06, 2009, 04:50:56 pm
Actually, in 2002 we beat them to win the West.

yeah, I remember, I was there.

I said on a consistent basis which I would think at least every 2 or 3 years.

HoopS

Why are you so hellbent on telling everybody why we shouldn't want to beat Ole Miss?   Why do you give a crap?   Really?   Do all Hog fans have to feel the same way as you to be right?

I want to beat Ole Miss because I can't stand HDN and I know that he is bound and determined to recruit the same kids we recruit.  His choice was to coach as close as he could to us so my goal is to whip his sorry but for not going to Baylor and staying in the West.  And the jackass probably wouldn't give you the time of day yet you argue and argue on his behalf. 

HoopS

Here's the thing....

We don't play USC...not unless we somehow meet in a bowl.   And we won't be playing Texas again soon.   But Ole Miss will always be on our schedule.   They will, at least with him there, try to challenge for many of the same recruits we are on.  I swear, sometimes I really believe he sits there and watches who we offer and then jumps in with an offer. 

I would also love to beat Florida by 70.  LSU, Auburn and Bama?   Yup.  I'll take them all by 70 if you let me.   Realistically, of all of those mentioned, OM is a team we may bend over a tree stump and maybe soon. 

But about USC...that 70 point lashing was embarrassing.   I've never been more disappointed in a team and completely convinced we had a bunch of clowns in charge.   Pete called the dogs off of us too.  He could have scored at least 84 and possibly more.   I could have hit Bush on the wheel route that night.  Ill-prepared doesn't even do that masterpiece justice.  Pathetic.  Absolutely pathetic.
No, I think I would like to see us beat him for allowing that atrocity.  Then I'd like to see USC put 3 bills on them the next week.

HoopS

Thanks for the advice.   When his recruits are there and Petrino has us stocked his way, then we'll revisit that notion. 

UT comes back on, maybe in.....12 or 14.  Not positive.  And I can't stand them either.   I'll take 70 there for sure.

HoopS

No Texas hate?    How old are you?

HoopS

You really missed out on some fun & frustrating games.

SupaCrawf

USC, b/c we won't be seeing them again until a BCS bowl...
I'm kind of a big deal.

Boss Hawg

I would prefer to drop 70 on Florida since they're probably going to be the best team in the SEC. My only fear is that we would lose by a field goal. >:(

Boss Hawg

How sad that we have so many fans that let their hatred for Nutt over rule their thirst for revenge against USC.

And what exactly would hanging 70 on OM prove? That we can beat up on one of the weaker teams in the SECW? Big deal, hanging 70 on USC would mean that our faith is Petrino was rewarded.

I really question if some people are even fans of the UA anymore, or i they are simply Nutt haters.

I don't hate Nutt, I hate ole mss, living in Memphis you more than you can stand about the Rebs...

BroyledNutts

Ole Priss...In their yard...Beaten like a redheaded step-child...

As a matter of fact I'll say this...I no longer consider LSU our conference rival...
Bring the 2x4 to the Albatross every year, and the rest is gravy...