Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs recruiting guard Marcus Jordan (Michael Jordan's son)

Started by Hoggy Bear, March 30, 2009, 07:51:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggy Bear

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-sports-son-of-nba-icon-michael-jordan-visits-u,0,2297586.story

http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=56772

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3722989

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=43449&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d43449

TRUHOG718

He's a 6'2 combo guard.   Would that make half our team 6'2 or shorter?
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

hawgsav1

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't see where we had offered him a schollie or even were interested...
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

chitownhog

Marcus is a decent player, he just led his team to the Ill state championship, but the Hogs have a few things working against them:

1) Bruce Weber at the UofI gave Marcus's younger brother a scholarship, he currently is like the 10th man on the team.

2) Micheal Jordan will never let his kid go to a non-Nike school.

If UofILL wants him, he is theirs.......I think even if UNC came calling Illinois would have first dibs...becauseWeber took the younger Jordan, academics a very important to them, and I think going to UNC would cause to many unfair comparisons.

TomasPistola

Quote from: hawgsav1 on March 30, 2009, 08:15:23 pm
Maybe it's just me, but I didn't see where we had offered him a schollie or even were interested...

I missed it too I guess...
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

northsidegrizzly06

Hoggy Bear

Quote from: northsidegrizzly06 on March 30, 2009, 08:22:46 pm
where did it say that we were recruiting him

Toledo and Iowa have offered Jordan scholarships, while Arkansas is among the other big-name schools that have recently taken an interest in him.

Razorvet

He is one of the top 150 players in the country. I dont think we are in a position to be turning away players of that caliber. His name could be both a blessing and a curse. I think you have to look at our needs and his skills and ask if he could contribute. And if 6'2" is too short for a guard we are in some trouble. Id love to see him in a Hog uniform. He could grow into a stud since he wont be one and done.

oklahogjr

he's micheal jordans freakin son i would have offered him 17 years ago
lets go bowlin

TomasPistola

Quote from: oklahogjr on March 30, 2009, 08:39:42 pm

Is it legal to offer a fetus? I mean...it's MJ's kid! ;)
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

oklahogjr

Quote from: TomasPistola on March 30, 2009, 08:56:55 pm
i'm sure the ncaa would frown upon it but i wouldn't blame anyone who tried it
lets go bowlin

sickboy

Yeah, this is a no brainer. If nothing else think about the media attention and ample marketing opportunities this will draw. Then think about the fact that Michael Jordan would be a fan and supporter of our school.  What if he donated money? At least Long would have Michael Jordan in his roladex.

big john

john goodwin

navyhog24

hell while we're offering fetuses. let's go find all of dmac's kids and offer them schollies too . lol

oklahogjr

Quote from: navyhog24 on March 30, 2009, 09:41:35 pm
hell while we're offering fetuses. let's go find all of dmac's kids and offer them schollies too . lol
lol that might fill a recruiting class...but damn that would be a recruiting class
lets go bowlin

sp84hogs

Maybe they could make an exception and let the basketball team wear Jordan brand or Nike apparel. If nothing else the team could get some sweet gear! :D
"When we add up all those inches, that's gonna make the ****** difference between winning and losing, between living and dying" - Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting different results.

mhuff

sp84hogs

"When we add up all those inches, that's gonna make the ****** difference between winning and losing, between living and dying" - Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting different results.

The_Iceman

Ive always wondered:

how are the sons of michael jordan not alot better at basketball?

dddollars

this it least if you treat him right youll have a booster down the road....but how sweet would that be having MJ at razorback games!!!!now that would sell Jeff long some tixs!!!!!ohh wait lets not offer him then there would be a price increase....fun while it lasted though

newera

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 30, 2009, 10:33:13 pm
Ive always wondered:

There aren't many sons of the BEST PLAYER EVER TO PLAY THE GAME that are as good as their dad...
I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

Erockster20

Can MJ afford some contacts for the kid?  Maybe some Lasik? 

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

HawgAdvocate

Ive always wondered:

My guess would be a very different upbringing than what Michael had.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

3kgthog

Well, one could ask how was Michael Jordan any good at basketball? None of his brothers were overly amazing athletes. Neither was his father. In fact, no one else in his family is taller than 6 feet. Sometimes it just happens that way.

I'd take him because if he has his dad's work ethic then he would be a plus over some that we have right now.

HawgG

Quote from: navyhog24 on March 30, 2009, 09:41:35 pm

pitbull1

I would be totally surprised if he came to Arkansas!!

oklahogjr

Ive always wondered:

well heres what i figure...if they are 1/4 as good as their dad then they will probably turn into all americans....jordan is the best basketball player in the history of the sport after all
lets go bowlin

hogluv

Have Neal Barlow tell his dad, Jeb, to talk to MJ when they play golf out in North Carolina every year. We can use the help

HawgG

Quote from: oklahogjr on March 31, 2009, 07:59:26 am
well heres what i figure...if they are 1/4 as good as their dad then they will probably turn into all americans....jordan is the best basketball player in the history of the sport after all

Jeffrey Jordan had to walk-on at Illinois. Marcus Jordan started the last summer without any real interest from any high major schools. He has really busted his butt the last 10 months to earn the attention he is now getting from the High Majors.

hogster23

Is it just me or did only one of those links even mention arkansas? The scouting websites dont even list arkansas as potential suitors.....

heathtits

Does anyone else wonder what this staff's actual definition of "recruiting" is?

Kenny Dowell Loggains

yeah... and jeff jordan is doing so well at Illinios... pfffff!

Huds_HawgTide

well if anything at least it has given us something to talk about...i believe this would be an unbelievable time to switch back to nike in all sports and have bball be jordan brand....i have wanted us to go back to nike or go to under armour...but jordan logo in bball is the crown jewels of logos!!!anyway if phel thinks he needs another hardworkin guard that he can mold into the future than i think offer him and see what happens...
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

The_Bionic_Pig

Their are probably going to be a lot of recruits mentioned until 4/15/09.  Arkansas is recruiting (but not offering). 

You see once the dust settles on these coaching changes and the domino effect it may have recruits wanting out of their LOI's. You don't want to use a 09' scholarship that could have been used on a Elite prospect that is looking for a new home. 

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Smokehouse

looks like we could at least count on him being a good kid and having good work ethic (which sells me on him immediately when you combine it with his talent, which seems to be, at the least, decent.)

But aren't we getting on him pretty late to stand a chance?
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Smithian

If we're offering fetuses, offer one to Candace Parker's. Her and Shelden William's child would equal atleast a championship for two for one of our BBall teams.

regi

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 31, 2009, 04:53:30 pm
Their are probably going to be a lot of recruits mentioned until 4/15/09.  Arkansas is recruiting (but not offering). 

You see once the dust settles on these coaching changes and the domino effect it may have recruits wanting out of their LOI's. You don't want to use a 09' scholarship that could have been used on a Elite prospect that is looking for a new home. 

Give Ostrum a call, he may not be aware of this theory of yours.

regi

What is up with the Rivals writer? " When your father is ONE of the best....." Uh, his father IS the best to ever lace them up.

oklahogjr

Quote from: Smithian on March 31, 2009, 09:42:36 pm
If we're offering fetuses, offer one to Candace Parker's. Her and Shelden William's child would equal atleast a championship for two for one of our BBall teams.
this brings an idea to mind...could we have past razorback greats breed with other past razorback greats to create a built in recruiting for all sports
lets go bowlin

oklahogjr

Quote from: gguillo on March 31, 2009, 04:21:55 pm
yeah... and jeff jordan is doing so well at Illinios... pfffff!
i'm just sayin you take the risk of him turning out to be pretty average....but still yet you also might grab another all time great its a risk worth taking if you ask me especially if your basketball team isn't unstoppable
lets go bowlin

R-VilleHog

Ive always wondered:

Because your mitochondria count is determined by your mother's genes.  Want athletic kids then you need an athletic wife to help in their creation.  Sometimes there are exceptions, but that Horse breeding

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: Tomhog™ on April 01, 2009, 07:25:45 am
Interesting discussion, but there's <5% chance of even being a finalist with him.

I agree our chances are probably pretty low, but he is a high profile player (even if in name only) & keeping our name out there can only help in our future recruiting efforts...

ua_hogs

i say we offer his dad a job on the staff to increase our chances.  im sure they could use the money and he might know something about basketball.

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Zen_Hog

He's going to be playing alongside my friend at UCF.

dhornjr1

Quote from: TomasPistola on March 30, 2009, 08:56:55 pm

If Billy Gillispie had known about him 18 years ago I guarantee he would have.

OahuHawg

even though he has already commited and doesn't have supernatural stats. I'd still offer him.  I'd risk a scholly on a chance that he's the real deal.  Remember MJ didn't really shine until he was at UNC.  I think he was only moderatly recruited by the big time schools.  He was a heck of a high school player but wasn't recruited to the effect that he was going to be the best to ever play the game.  That came later