Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN says Calipari interested in KY job

Started by mhuff, March 29, 2009, 11:22:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mhuff

Hawgvillain

I don't know about any direct benefits (I don't see their recruits coming to the Hill) but I think anything that makes the SEC better, and an elite basketball program on the border of our state worse, is good for the Hogs. 

The_Bionic_Pig

March 29, 2009, 11:51:54 pm #2 Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 11:53:36 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: mhuff on March 29, 2009, 11:22:55 pm
Can we benefit from this?

The only way Arkansas benefits is if he takes the Kentucky job and a less than desireable candidate replaces him causing recently signed recruiting class wanting out of their LOI 's .....also it would leave the Bluff City wide open once again for recruiting.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Foshodo

He's not coming to the SEC guys... he said a few years back he doesnt want to play the Hogs anymore... he'd have to do it every season if he came to Kentucky...

LuckyGiraffe

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 29, 2009, 11:51:54 pm
The only way Arkansas benefits is if he takes the Kentucky job and a less than desireable candidate replaces him causing recently signed recruiting class wanting out of their LOI 's .....also it would leave the Bluff City wide open once again for recruiting.
Memphis is wide open for recruiting.  The one local knock on Calipari is that he does not take the top talent out of his own backyard.  It is rare for Calipari to recruit the top talent in Memphis.

Happy Hogger

Quote from: mhuff on March 29, 2009, 11:22:55 pm
Can we benefit from this?
In my opinion, it probably will make Memphis harder to recruit. The kids that Calipari wants in Memphis will likely consider Kentucky and the new Memphis coach will focus more on the other Memphis kids.

PIGTAILS INC

The only way we would benefit is start recruiting Memphis like we did when Nolan was here. Ron Hurey(sp), Arlin Bowers, Todd Day, Dwight Stewart, and Cory Beck all came from Memphis. We had a pipeline established, but I can't remember one player we have gotten from there since Nolan left.............what a shame!!
We are a company dedicated to the University of Arkansas. No other company knows the history, traditions, and fans like we do. Give us a chance and see for yourself. Top quality designs and materials.

We design everything we do!  Unique patent pending caps COMING SOON!! Visit us at www.Pigtailsports.biz

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PIGTAILS INC on March 30, 2009, 08:47:35 am
The only way we would benefit is start recruiting Memphis like we did when Nolan was here. Ron Hurey(sp), Arlin Bowers, Todd Day, Dwight Stewart, and Cory Beck all came from Memphis. We had a pipeline established, but I can't remember one player we have gotten from there since Nolan left.............what a shame!!
I think Marlon Townes was last.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

WholeHogSmoker

Quote from: Hawgvillain on March 29, 2009, 11:25:06 pm
I don't know about any direct benefits (I don't see their recruits coming to the Hill) but I think anything that makes the SEC better, and an elite basketball program on the border of our state worse, is good for the Hogs. 

I agree here.  Anything to strengthen the SEC is beneficial and KY is the marquee program in the league whether we like it or not. 

dhornjr1

Not only is Calipari interested in Kentucky, apprently he is meeting with them today.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/11564471

idochog

I smell Sexton, who is Caliparis agent?
I love Jesus!

oldman1015

Quote from: Foshodo on March 30, 2009, 12:17:56 am
He's not coming to the SEC guys... he said a few years back he doesnt want to play the Hogs anymore... he'd have to do it every season if he came to Kentucky...
are you serious?
Arkansas, the left lane state.

John Futrall

Calipari is going to KY (per Rivals and bo's show)

razorbackgolf

Cal does this every year guys there are few better places for recruiting a basketball player than memphis they are around a professional team day in and day out watch them practice talk to the coaches and learn what it takes to be a pro by watching other pros they have an amazing facility and cal can put them in the pros granted i hate memphis but their b ball program has alot of things going for it. he is just trying to get more money from Memphis.

mhuff

One poster said if Cal goes to Ky we would be a position where if the new coach came,let's say Anderson, we would be in a worse position for recruiting. Anderson would recruit those Memphis players hard. I believe that Pel has made some inroads and I hope that we can take advantage of it in 2010. There are several players I would like to see in a Hog uniform. i.e. Wade, Black, Jackson