Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I open the Commercial Appeal Sports section today

Started by HognotinMemphis, March 28, 2009, 09:47:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

and there is a short article on Ole Miss' first spring football practice that occured on Friday.

Nutt is briefly quoted in it. You can guess what he said:

"It was a good first day. There was a lot of enthusiasm and a lot of guys jumping around out here."

Wow. Just wow. How does the most stupid millionaire coach in the country do it?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Boarcephus

One more year of the good times and then reality hits that sucker square in his jaw.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

oklahogjr

lol...i wanna make millions to say stupid crap and stumble into dumb luck victories
lets go bowlin

oldbear

Your first mistake was paying money for the Comical Appeal.

Big Papa Satan

I refuse to honor the Slander Appeal by using it to housetrain dogs.

jdhogster

I think what I found most interesting, after watching the recap of the Hogs practice this Saturday was CBP saying "Last year, it was like pulling teeth trying to get these guys to hit" .....that must have been b/c they are used to "jumping around with enthusiasm" instead of hitting with enthusiasm in the years leading up to BP's hire

Albert Einswine

March 29, 2009, 01:36:37 am #6 Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 01:42:31 am by Albert Einswine
Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 28, 2009, 09:47:34 pm

"It was a good first day. There was a lot of enthusiasm and a lot of guys jumping around out here."

Examine the two sentences.  There are 16 different words in the two sentences. A few of them are repeated.

Now, add these 13 words:  1.heart 2.love 3.helmet 4.energy 5.chinstrap 6.buckle 7.down 8.up 9.bounce 10.fumble 11.block 12.tackle 13.run

There it is... the entire 29 word vocabulary of Houston Dale.

He just mixes these 29 words up into various sentences that he has on a loop and spits them out when he deems them to be appropriate for whatever conversation he happens to be in.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

oldbear

It is a great stretch of the English language to consider some of the statements Nuttless makes sentences. Other than that we agree.

knowholesbarred

March 29, 2009, 08:29:59 am #8 Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 08:31:55 am by knowholesbarred
Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 29, 2009, 01:36:37 am
Examine the two sentences.  There are 16 different words in the two sentences. A few of them are repeated.

Now, add these 13 words:  1.heart 2.love 3.helmet 4.energy 5.chinstrap 6.buckle 7.down 8.up 9.bounce 10.fumble 11.block 12.tackle 13.run

He just mixes these 29 words up into various sentences that he has on a loop and spits them out when he deems them to be appropriate for whatever conversation he happens to be in.

You forgot rope ?

Steef

Quote from: jdhogster on March 29, 2009, 01:25:22 am
I think what I found most interesting, after watching the recap of the Hogs practice this Saturday was CBP saying "Last year, it was like pulling teeth trying to get these guys to hit" .....that must have been b/c they are used to "jumping around with enthusiasm" instead of hitting with enthusiasm in the years leading up to BP's hire

This has probably been posted before, but it's always fun to view your own future...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgFv0ObK_C4

As for Ole Miss.....they can look at our 08 season and see their future.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: oldbear on March 28, 2009, 10:35:25 pm
Your first mistake was paying money for the Comical Appeal.

Oh yeah!!!  That is quite possibly the worst news rag in America.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

Hawgrox

14.Winner 15.Fighter 16.Called 17.Play 18.Brotha

HoopS

"boy, you take a Devin MAC Cluster and a Jevaughn Snead and you feel good bout your chances.  Real good, Yancy.   I remember bringing those boys in and the look in their eyes, I knew what I was signing.   These boys have heart, lotta heart.  And both come from great families.  Great families.  I still thank their momma's and grandmomma's for trusting me to bring these boys up right.  I won't forget that.   Jevaughn needs to make better decisions."

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on March 29, 2009, 08:59:35 am
It is all we have. After all, it's Memphis.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HamShank

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 28, 2009, 09:49:41 pm
One more year of the good times and then reality hits that sucker square in his jaw.

I think his good times end this year.  Despite having (by far) the easiest schedule in the conference, he has never NOT underachieved when he was expected to succeed.  Oh, and we beat them in Oxford this year, and I'll be there to heckle the b*stard.

rzrbackrob

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on March 29, 2009, 08:59:35 am

and it just went up to 75 cents daily
Good is the enemy of great

Pecos Hog

Now give nuts a little more credit.   He knows a few more big words and phrases like:  "special", "so close", "wish I could have that one back",  "messes you up",   and "one heartbeat".    He even repeats most of the big words that he uses for the benefit of those who aren't as literate.       But we cannot give him extra credit for the repeated words.   So, it's actually more like about 50 words.    But can he actually spell them?    Maybe not.   We know that Danny boy writes all his letters for him.     

Tejano Jawg

"Jumping around" occurs when your practice is in shorts and helmets. When Nutt is quoted after a full-pads practice, they'll move up to "bouncing around."

(I had to consult the Houston Dale Glossary for clarification.)
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Root66

Then there's Donna and sext and hotel. And Teresa.

Justifiable Hogicide

You can guess what he said:

No kidding.
Every interview, every coach's show, it's always the same repetitive cliches and drivel from him.
All you learn is just how incredibly stupid he is.

tusksincolorado

Classic.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Hawg Balling

Don't forget that he also wore out the phrase "a lot of guys bouncing around" when talking about spring and fall practice. 

hawgsav1

March 29, 2009, 08:26:16 pm #22 Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 11:35:31 pm by hawgsav1
I love the way Houston just sits at the press conference with his elbows on the table and his head either cocked to the side or just shaking his head.  I'm so glad he's at Ole Pissy now.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Chief Hog

His word bank may be small but he can text with the best of them.

farmhawg

With his limited vocabulary and incomplete sentences he sounds like a genius to the people of Mississippi.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Pecos Hog

From an Dave Brandt article published a couple of days ago in the Claironledger.......

In reference to his team for the upcoming year, "Nutt also admitted that this team could be special."

I kid you not.   

Sivad

Quote from: Pecos Hog on March 29, 2009, 09:12:31 pm

In reference to his team for the upcoming year, "Nutt also admitted that this team could be special."

I kid you not.   

And Danny's brain is supposed to be the leaky one.

OTTER

When he speaks--no one listens!!  I am so glad the Mississippi Moron is outa here.  We could save the reporters at the Comical Appeal a lot of time by e-mailing them ole articles from our papers, then they could just cut and paste the quotes part.  We have a 10 year archive!! ;)
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 29, 2009, 10:40:00 am
It is all we have. After all, it's Memphis.

Just be thankful you aren't stuck with the Demozette.   :puke:

Trottsky

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 30, 2009, 07:53:40 am
Just be thankful you aren't stuck with the Demozette.   :puke:

Rather have the Democrat than the Cursed Appeal or the Moron Daily News. Not to mention the ridiculously reduced Clarion Lecher.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Trottsky on March 30, 2009, 09:25:13 am
Rather have the Democrat than the Cursed Appeal or the Moron Daily News. Not to mention the ridiculously reduced Clarion Lecher.

Agree with you on the Clarion Liar as we used to call it.

SpareRib

I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

SpareRib

Just be thankful you aren't stuck with the Demozette.   :puke:

WB - The Demozette ain't Pulitzer stuff, but it's head and shoulders over the CA.  (JMHO -  :) )
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: SpareRib on March 30, 2009, 09:41:44 am
WB - The Demozette ain't Pulitzer stuff, but it's head and shoulders over the CA.  (JMHO -  :) )

Haven't read the CA in a few years so I'll take your word on it.  Too bad, it used to be a pretty good paper at one time except there was way too much Ole Miss coverage, and they were a little too happy to trash the Hogs.

cosmodrum

and there is a short article on Ole Miss' first spring football practice that occured on Friday.

Nutt is briefly quoted in it. You can guess what he said:

Well, we knew that 'flying' and 'bouncing' were interchangeable. Apparently 'jumping' has been added to that mix - maybe House of Pain ran practice this time?
Go away, batin'

SpareRib

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 30, 2009, 10:15:45 am
Haven't read the CA in a few years so I'll take your word on it.  Too bad, it used to be a pretty good paper at one time except there was way too much Ole Miss coverage, and they were a little too happy to trash the Hogs.

Sports in the CA is Memphis, Ole Miss, and some UTenn or Alabama.  The Hogs are on the other side of the culture curtain called the Big Muddy.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Trottsky

The Ape Peel doesn't even go statewide anymore, but has readership in NorMiss.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: Chief Hog on March 29, 2009, 08:57:43 pm
His word bank may be small but he can text with the best of them.

I wonder if he short texts, using words like ur, luv, lol, prolly, r, and stuff like that. 

"Donna, u & me 2gether 4eva." 

havok

I have a feeling either this year or next will be his last at Ole Miss.  He probably learned that he can't do his con-man routine for such a long period, or else people will catch on and expose him.

Like a Grifter.. he will do his thing....get some coin, and move on to the next Sucker.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: havok on March 30, 2009, 01:59:48 pm
I have a feeling either this year or next will be his last at Ole Miss.  He probably learned that he can't do his con-man routine for such a long period, or else people will catch on and expose him.

Like a Grifter.. he will do his thing....get some coin, and move on to the next Sucker.

I'll have to disagree with that.  You can take 6-6 to the bank for 20 years at Ole Piss.  Their glory days are long gone.  That was proven when they were celebrating like crazy the fact that they "nabbed" HDN. 

Funny story, my girlfriend and I went to NYC over Christmas, and we got tickets to be in the audience for the Late Show with David Letterman.  As we're waiting in line in the hall outside of the Ed Sullivan Theater, I noticed that the guy and girl behind me are talking with very southern accents.  I asked where they were from and they said Memphis.  I replied that I grew up near Memphis in East Arkansas.  For some reason, we then started talking about the bowl games, and he asked me where I went to school.  I said Arkansas.  This goofy grin passed over his face, and he said "We went to Ole Miss.  We're really fired up about our football coach."  I then said "We're really fired up about ya'll taking him off our hands too."

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Sivad on March 29, 2009, 11:32:53 pm
And Danny's brain is supposed to be the leaky one.

That depends on if Darth Dork even has a brain.

Hogsnort

March 31, 2009, 04:02:26 am #42 Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 04:06:35 am by Hogsnort
Check out this writer's comment re: Hootie at Monday's practice:
http://www.redcuprebellion.com/

11th paragraph down:
"Houston Nutt don't do stuff at practice"

Sivad

Quote from: Hogsnort on March 31, 2009, 04:02:26 am

11th paragraph down:
He never did.
Except play with his cell phone. And we know what that was about.

oldbear

Just be thankful you aren't stuck with the Demozette.   :puke:

You obviously have never lived in Memphis or West Tennessee at all.  The Comical Appeal has no sports on a national or really even statewide level.  The Demzette is so far beyond that it is not even the same class.  I was looking at the Demzette sports this morning and noticed the article about Pelini getting an extension.  That would never be mentioned in West Tennessee.  If you go to Jackson, Tenner, you have the Jackson Sun.  In that one you barely even get college news.  It is minimal even on high school sports outside the Jackson area.  When I lived in Memphis there were times I would drive across the river just to get the Demzette and usually relied on USA Today for most sports.

SpareRib

Quote from: oldbear on March 31, 2009, 09:59:33 am
You obviously have never lived in Memphis or West Tennessee at all.  The Comical Appeal has no sports on a national or really even statewide level.  The Demzette is so far beyond that it is not even the same class.  I was looking at the Demzette sports this morning and noticed the article about Pelini getting an extension.  That would never be mentioned in West Tennessee.  If you go to Jackson, Tenner, you have the Jackson Sun.  In that one you barely even get college news.  It is minimal even on high school sports outside the Jackson area.  When I lived in Memphis there were times I would drive across the river just to get the Demzette and usually relied on USA Today for most sports.

Truth.

rebelbruiser

Quote from: HamShank on March 29, 2009, 10:53:13 am
I think his good times end this year.  Despite having (by far) the easiest schedule in the conference, he has never NOT underachieved when he was expected to succeed.  Oh, and we beat them in Oxford this year, and I'll be there to heckle the b*stard.

I'm sure you meant to say, "along with Alabama" at the end of that statement.  The only difference between their conference schedule and ours is that they play Kentucky instead of Vanderbilt, and that's pretty much a wash.

hog_fan

Quote from: rebelbruiser on March 31, 2009, 10:41:18 am
I'm sure you meant to say, "along with Alabama" at the end of that statement.  The only difference between their conference schedule and ours is that they play Kentucky instead of Vanderbilt, and that's pretty much a wash.

I'm guessing Ole Piss's toughest games are home while Bama's toughest games aren't. Your non-conference schedule is a damn joke. Dork got him 4 easy wins

And once again thanks for taking that moron away from us. it will be oh so sweet when you and others turn on dork if he doesn't bolt first.

HogDom

Quote from: Hogsnort on March 31, 2009, 04:02:26 am

11th paragraph down:

My favorite paragraph was the little bit down at the bottom in regards to the best trash talking of the day hahaha

hogfanwp

So I guess it is to early for him to use words like charactor, pride, and love that helmet?