Reality Check: Mizzou was 16-16 last year in MA's 2nd season

Started by NWARazor, March 27, 2009, 09:30:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbacksR4ever

Quote from: midwestcityhog on March 28, 2009, 05:06:48 pm
considering nolan's first year he was 4-12
considering stan's first year he was 4-12
considering stan's SECOND year he was 4-12
considering the "consensus last in the west" since we joined the sec has ranged from 2-14 to 4-12
considering the hogs were picked "consensus last in the west" -- BEFORE beverley and mcdonald left i believe

it's not "satisfactory", but we're not crazy fans that expect championships out of an average situation either.

Ya and its that way of thinking thats got us into this mess but yet Your ok with giving pel another years geeeeezzzzz

midwestcityhog

Quote from: razorbacksR4ever on March 28, 2009, 05:23:11 pm
Ya and its that way of thinking thats got us into this mess but yet Your ok with giving pel another years geeeeezzzzz

this is my last comment, per wilson's request.  "that way of thinking" of allowing a new coach a bad year to rebuild also includes nolan, who had 3 final fours, a ring, and is a hall of fame coach.

razorbacksR4ever

Quote from: midwestcityhog on March 28, 2009, 05:07:54 pm
good answer. 

so yes, two shots are responsible for pel being on the "hot seat", and a 14-16 record is only fire-worthy if you win 2 sec games instead of 4.  gotcha.

No its not two shots its 2-15 its losing 15 out of 17 conf games after beating texas and ou. Its loosing control of your basketball team. ITs making excuse after excuse after excuse and doing the same thing week end and week out. If it wasn't for the 94 team he would have been 1-16 in the conf.

i am sorry Wilson that i am giving you a head ache but these excuses that we keep making for these second tear coaches that have done absolutely nothing makes me sick.

GuvHog

Quote from: razorbacksR4ever on March 28, 2009, 03:16:08 pm
i knew last year going into this year that we was not going to be very good. My tickets were for sale and i wasn't really going to attend any of the games except for OU and Texass. That team that beat texas and ou is not even remotely close to the team that went 2-15 ..........After you start 12-1 beating up on cup cakes and texas and ou....... well how in the hell do you go 2-15 ?????? jebus was houston nutt running our basketball team ? It was the same story week end and week out and as a head coach you are responsible to hold the ship right when its going to hell and pel failed at that. Not only that he lost control of his basketball team. I am not sure if he even had it. If (and i am still hold on to hope) he gets another year then possibly (with some of these players) then you could see the NCAA step in for lack of institutional control at the rate he is going.

It's very Elementary IF you take the time to think about it. You graduate 7
players all of who played a lot, Then you lose your best returning player
when he jumps ship to play pro ball over seas, Then you are forced to
kick one of your best freshmen off of the team because he can't behave
himself, then to top it all of you lose Monk because he messed his eligibility
up! That's why the Hogs went 2-15! With all of that happening the man
didn't have a prayer. the wins over Texas and Oklahoma were just flukes
that's all.
                              Predicting the Hogs to Win 30 and make the Elite 8
this coming season is too optimistic. 22 wins and a Sweet Sixteen appearence
is very doable though because the Hogs return everybody and have some very
good players joining the team.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

razorbacksR4ever

Quote from: midwestcityhog on March 28, 2009, 05:24:40 pm
this is my last comment, per wilson's request.  "that way of thinking" of allowing a new coach a bad year to rebuild also includes nolan, who had 3 final fours, a ring, and is a hall of fame coach.

nolan also won a naia and a jr co championship maybe wilson is right its like comparing apples to oranges.

razorbacksR4ever

Quote from: GUVHOG on March 28, 2009, 05:29:02 pm
It's very Elementary IF you take the time to think about it. You graduate 7
players all of who played a lot, Then you lose your best returning player
when he jumps ship to play pro ball over seas, Then you are forced to
kick one of your best freshmen off of the team because he can't behave
himself, then to top it all of you lose Monk because he messed his eligibility
up! That's why the Hogs went 2-15! With all of that happening the man
didn't have a prayer. the wins over Texas and Oklahoma were just flukes
that's all.
                              Predicting the Hogs to Win 30 and make the Elite 8
this coming season is too optimistic. 22 wins and a Sweet Sixteen appearence
is very doable though.
i was with you until the fluke and that this team could win 22 and the sweet 16 next year.