Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thank your lucky stars you all did not get BCG as headcoach

Started by BleedsBlue, March 27, 2009, 05:49:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BleedsBlue

I am not going to air dirty laundry over here, but suffice it to say there are reports coming out from locker room and off court actions that would indicate it was time for him to go whether we have a replacement for him or not.  I am sure some of it will be leaked eventually, but I would not want Arkansas to go through what our players had to go through.  We are right back where we were 2 years ago.  Tubby left with no coach ready to step in.  The obvious names are out there:  Donovan, Capalari, and even (gulp) Ford.  Stay tuned.  The circus has come to town in Lexington. 
I did post one instant in the "Hire Gillispie" thread if you want a for instance.  I am sure this is a soap opera for you guys. :(

dhornjr1

Quote from: BleedsBlue on March 27, 2009, 05:49:58 pm
I am not going to air dirty laundry over here, but suffice it to say there are reports coming out from locker room and off court actions that would indicate it was time for him to go whether we have a replacement for him or not.  I am sure some of it will be leaked eventually, but I would not want Arkansas to go through what our players had to go through.  We are right back where we were 2 years ago.  Tubby left with no coach ready to step in.  The obvious names are out there:  Donovan, Capalari, and even (gulp) Ford.  Stay tuned.  The circus has come to town in Lexington. 
I did post one instant in the "Hire Gillispie" thread if you want a for instance.  I am sure this is a soap opera for you guys. :(

I think most people would agree that when Kentucky basketball is good, the SEC and NCAA basketball as a whole benefits.

I hate it for the Kentucky fans. It has been my experience that UK fans are classy, basketball-savvy people and you deserve better.

As do we.

WilsonHog

Could we interest you in an Unforgettable?

Hot_Town_Hog

dhornjr1

BleedsBlue

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2009, 05:58:32 pm

Hang in there WilsonHog.  I am sure UA is keeping a keen eye on Mike Anderson.  If Pel has another season like this year's I am sure the heat will be turned up.  I am not sure anymore what the heck is going on in Lexington.  Some of the leaks coming from within makes you wonder why UK did not perform a due diligence on Gillispie before hiring him in the first place.  Just be glad we hired him instead of UA.  Pel may have issues, but no comparison IMHO.

BleedsBlue

josh_sec33

Quote from: dhornjr1 on March 27, 2009, 05:56:34 pm
It has been my experience that UK fans are classy, basketball-savvy people and you deserve better.

You didn't meet the UK fans at the SEC tournament back in 1995. I still shudder from that final game and their fans throwing stuff at those of us in the Hogwild Band.

But other than that, I agree.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

BleedsBlue

Quote from: josh_sec33 on March 27, 2009, 06:13:47 pm
You didn't meet the UK fans at the SEC tournament back in 1995. I still shudder from that final game and their fans throwing stuff at those of us in the Hogwild Band.

I am sure there are Hog fans just as bad.  However, I have found the great majority of Hog fans to be some of the best in the SEC.  Until you joined the SEC if UK did not play no one showed for the games.  UA and UK fans carry the SEC in basketball.  Love having you guys in the SEC.  I have always been treated well at Hog games...just sayin'.

dhornjr1

Quote from: josh_sec33 on March 27, 2009, 06:13:47 pm

I understand. I was just saying that in my experience thay have always been classy people.

I hate to hear that they did that to you guys. I got nothing but love for the Hogwild Band. Back in the 80's and 90's, that band rocked like no other.

Hogeyeblind

Ah Danielsaan, the answer to UK's problems resides in Fayetteville...........

MNHogFan

PoormansRobbyHampton

For what it's worth, our current coach can win with whatever BCG left behind, if that interests you at all...

CollinsvilleHawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2009, 05:58:32 pm

Good grief!  Do you really think getting rid of Pel is the answer?  GO smoke some more weed...

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: CollinsvilleHawg on March 27, 2009, 06:44:54 pm
Good grief!  Do you really think getting rid of Pel is the answer?  GO smoke some more weed...

I mean it couldn't hurt. Who oversaw 2-15 last year? He's far from safe in my opinion.

CollinsvilleHawg

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on March 27, 2009, 06:47:19 pm
I mean it couldn't hurt. Who oversaw 2-15 last year? He's far from safe in my opinion.
I am not happy with the season, but come on. 
If we dont let him get his player and style going, we will mirror the success of the football team in the 80's after Hatfield.  You cannot build something if you dont give it some time.  And 2 years is not enough time.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: CollinsvilleHawg on March 27, 2009, 06:50:29 pm
I am not happy with the season, but come on. 
If we dont let him get his player and style going, we will mirror the success of the football team in the 80's after Hatfield.  You cannot build something if you dont give it some time.  And 2 years is not enough time.

And I agree. I wasn't crazy with my expectations this year, but I didn't expect the worst Arkansas SEC record in history.

I thought 5 or 6 wins would be a nice year and we'd bring in some good recruits. As it happened, we won 2, one of which occured the day after Alabama fired their coach, and got blown out routinely at home, on the road, wherever we played.

Then, recruiting has been ok at best, certainly not enough to keep up with the rest of the SEC.

Then you throw in the fact that the SEC was as bad as it's been since we joined up. Add all of that together, and you've got a lot of unhappy people in Hogland, and justifiably so.

Now, I'd be ok with hiring BCG, because I think he's better than Pelphrey. Built UTEP and A&M into good programs, and as bad as he "underperformed" for lack of a better term at Kentucky, he still won 12 SEC games last year, and 8 this year, with an NIT bid.

There's no question that BCG would be an upgrade over Pel, just depends on whether we have the ability, or the motivation to make such a move.

Hawghiggs

This from a Kentucky fan.  I'll bet Louisville fans would tell us that we don't want Coach Petrino either. I would have taken Billy G. two years ago before he screwed us to go to Kentucky and I'd take him now over what we got. I'd rather have Mike Anderson but I'd take Billy G. sometimes the pressure of a place will get to you.

HogBreath

You and Pel have some things in common, another season by Pel like his last, and more post by you like this one, and neither one of you will be around here much longer.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Big Papa Satan

I am sure this is a soap opera for you guys. :(

Don't feel bad - we're very familiar with soap operas.

happyhawgal

Oh yeah out former football was a soap opera to end all.
WPS!!
NewDay
NewAttitude
NewIdentity
NewYear

donewithdale

We dealt with the Nutt family for 10 years.  You Cat fans didn't pay your dues only dealing with it for 2. 

94 Hawg

memfuss & calipari are eliminated last night and kentucky creates an opening the next day. coincidence?
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

BleedsBlue

Quote from: Hawghiggs on March 27, 2009, 06:57:58 pm
This from a Kentucky fan.  I'll bet Louisville fans would tell us that we don't want Coach Petrino either. I would have taken Billy G. two years ago before he screwed us to go to Kentucky and I'd take him now over what we got. I'd rather have Mike Anderson but I'd take Billy G. sometimes the pressure of a place will get to you.

Trust me no you would not want Gillispie.  Mike Anderson, yes.

Luke Duke

So you're saying you shouldn't sleep with one of your player's girlfriends?
I remember I caught tons of hell on this board for saying Peterson was faster than McFadden.  That's one reason I was looking forward to the combine.  If McFadden ran a legit 4.28, you bet he'd be there.

-NWASooner

heathtits

Quote from: Luke Duke on March 28, 2009, 12:35:23 pm
So you're saying you shouldn't sleep with one of your player's girlfriends?

You're thinking of Snyder. Rumor has it that BG putts from the rough.

Boarcephus

Quote from: BleedsBlue on March 27, 2009, 11:30:16 pm

Trust me no you would not want Gillispie.  Mike Anderson, yes.

Wonder if UK would make a run at Mike?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

deshahawg

I'm loving all of UKs problems. I hope they see another 2 years and fire the next guy.

bcdeputy

Quote from: HogBreath on March 27, 2009, 07:36:53 pm
You and Pel have some things in common, another season by Pel like his last, and more post by you like this one, and neither one of you will be around here much longer.

SHEEZ,  Chill out...

WMHawgfan

Quote from: heathtits on March 28, 2009, 12:51:46 pm
You're thinking of Snyder. Rumor has it that BG putts from the rough.
you sayin he's into playin tummy sticks?

hawginitall

Quote from: BleedsBlue on March 27, 2009, 06:03:56 pm
Hang in there WilsonHog.  I am sure UA is keeping a keen eye on Mike Anderson.  If Pel has another season like this year's I am sure the heat will be turned up.  I am not sure anymore what the heck is going on in Lexington.  Some of the leaks coming from within makes you wonder why UK did not perform a due diligence on Gillispie before hiring him in the first place.  Just be glad we hired him instead of UA.  Pel may have issues, but no comparison IMHO.

What do you mean due diligence? Barnhart knew about Billie G's two DUI's when he called for the interview!

Ouachihog

Quote from: rob99SS on March 27, 2009, 06:39:49 pm
I dont think a team thats 2-15 should be counting any "lucky stars".

I agree, that was my thought.  Almost like "yeah if we had hired BCG we might have had one of the most terrible years in SEC basketball history." 

Oh wait...
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

donewithdale

Quote from: opineonswine on March 29, 2009, 03:04:44 pm
UK is dillusional per Ft Worth Star-Telegram.  I tend to agree.  BCG didn't wake up weird in Lexington.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/columnists/gil_lebreton/index.html

Typical blame the fans for the coach's failure. 

want2be

BG will get back to a predominant football school where he does not have to be in the limelight 24-7.......probably T. Tech..........and he will have a chip on his shoulder to prove himself again.

I think Kentucky is going to throw a potfull of money to Izzo

CollinsvilleHawg

Quote from: HogBreath on March 27, 2009, 07:36:53 pm
Oooh, okay.  I have no retort other than to dismiss it as ignorant.  Thanks.