Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Video of Gillespie running from reporters this afternoon . . .

Started by WizardofhOgZ, March 27, 2009, 05:11:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

casken

"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

hawgswinn

WizardofhOgZ

I love the exchange . . .

Billy G (to reporter behind him) "Are you in shape?"

Reporter "I can do this all day".

WizardofhOgZ

Reporter . . . "you aren't really going to run from me, are you?"

spehog

While funny that is absolutely shameful of the UK press. Jeez the man just got fired for goodness sake, cut him a dang break. In the words of Sir Charles, Terrible Terrible, Terrible.
Woo Pig.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I think that receptionist could have whipped that news guys a$$.

I also watched the other video and think Barnhart is a tool.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

RedSatinHog

It goes to show how ignorant reporters really are.  If BCG didn't want to talk to them, he's in no way obligated to do so.

They wanted him out so badly, let him go with at least a shred of dignity intact.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

riccoar

People thought Billy was running from the reporter.  He just simply got a text that his favorite dancer was about to go on stage.

ekyle1

Billy must have been on the phone with Arkansas officals, wondering if that job offer was still good...

HatfieldHawg

What a classless reporter.  I hope he gets canned from his $20K a year newspaper job. 

rlreev01

SpareRib

When you pull up the link, don't miss the interview with the Athletic director and the President of the University.  That's where the info is - a huge gap between Gillispie and the administration.  I think Kentucky has an unreal sense of entitlement to forever for the Rupp glory days, but nevertheless, Gillispie's behavior and his attitude are what sank his ship.

(It's Gillispie)
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

TomasPistola

I does show one thing that most of us already know. Stan Heath was a classy, classy guy. That dude answered every reporter's question when he got canned and if anyone didn't see it coming it was him. Bravo to him once again and it shows that we had no clue what we were doing trying to hire BG.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Wild Bill Hog

Actually it was more of a trot than a run, truth be known.  Was probably on his way to the bank to make a deposit.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: TomasPistola on March 27, 2009, 09:25:10 pm
I does show one thing that most of us already know. Stan Heath was a classy, classy guy. That dude answered every reporter's question when he got canned and if anyone didn't see it coming it was him. Bravo to him once again and it shows that we had no clue what we were doing trying to hire BG.

I'd take BCG today.

midwestcityhog

Quote from: TomasPistola on March 27, 2009, 09:25:10 pm

very good point. i remember that.  he was blindsided (and blinded--the interviews i saw were straight into the sun and he was squinting) because apparently john white rushed into the locker room and told him after he beat mississippi state that his job was safe.  no wonder he was so happy in the post-game sec interview with all the daves.  stan will probably build up south florida into a nice program, considering they never finished anywhere better than 14th in the big east.  he wasn't the right guy for arkansas, but he did put up with a lot.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 27, 2009, 09:34:55 pm
I'd take BCG today.

I wonder - honestly - whether he'd have been much better considering how he did at Kentucky. Maybe a couple extra victories. But I'm not sure after the stories we are hearing if last years team would have done anything with him at the helm.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

NuttinItUp

He is getting a $6 million buyout; I don't feel too sorry for him.

blunt_hawg

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 27, 2009, 09:41:18 pm
He is getting a $6 million buyout; I don't feel too sorry for him.

I don't care how much money is involved.  Getting fired sucks, and it's never a good feeling to be told you aren't good enough for us...

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: blunt_hawg on March 28, 2009, 01:48:27 am
I don't care how much money is involved.  Getting fired sucks, and it's never a good feeling to be told you aren't good enough for us...

Not so fast, my friend.  This was in an article on ESPN.com . . . .

Gillispie signed a memorandum of understanding in Barnhart's house following a whirlwind courtship that lasted less than a day. Yet he never signed a formal contract as his lawyer and the university fought over the wording.

In the end, that decision may end up costing him millions. Barnhart said the university did not plan to pay Gillispie a $6 million buyout that was to be part of his seven-year deal that remains unsigned.

"Suffice it to say it will be less than that," Barnhart said.

Barnhart said the school would abide by the memorandum of understanding, but he considers it to be a year-to-year contract. Gillispie made $2.3 million annually.

Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

dfwsuidae

Ah! The old "pretend like you're on the phone" trick!!"  I've used it many times with great success.

Speedracer

While wildly funny, the reporter is pretty classless. 
Like smites bother me.

dddollars

Wow i thought this was going to be really lame but that was pretty awesome!!

The Boar War

That reporter wasn't going to give up was he?  Thats what gives some of the media a bad name.  Running into a private office to conduct an ambush interview is pretty low.  Honestly the only thing that would have been more funny is if Billy Clyde's security card had been rejected.

WMHawgfan

would have been funny if BCG pulled out a pint whiskey bottle and cracked him upside the head with it.

donewithdale

Not funny.  That reporter should head to Hollywood and join the rest of the paparazzi. 

solitons

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

jbcarol

Same guy asked Coach Calipari a question this morning and Coach Cal asked him if he had his running shoes on.

Calipari knew the guy (Alan Cutler, sports anchor on a Lexington TV station that does not have the UK contract) from way back.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hoggish1

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on March 27, 2009, 09:01:39 pm
It goes to show how ignorant reporters really are.  If BCG didn't want to talk to them, he's in no way obligated to do so.

They wanted him out so badly, let him go with at least a shred of dignity intact.

If you knew the way Billy Clyde Gillispie treated everybody at UK, you might not feel that way.