Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cats got a link that they're getting Donovan...

Started by spehog, March 27, 2009, 02:47:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dhornjr1

FWIW, I just got a text from ESPN Text alerts that quotes Billy Donovan as saying he is committed to the University of Florida and is not interested in any other jobs.         

WilsonHog

Quote from: donewithdale on March 27, 2009, 04:04:09 pm
Will we get a public "no" from Calipari tonight as well?   

This will get interesting now and I do love a good hiring circus.  Hope this is an entertaining one but UK ends up with someone good as the SEC needs them to be good.

I hope Donovan, Cal, and Ford turn them down and they have to call Pel.

'Course, Pel winding up as HC at his alma mater next year is about as likely as us making the Final Four next year. 

dhornjr1

Damn, should have refreshed before posting.       

kingofdequeen

donewithdale

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2009, 04:06:22 pm
I hope Donovan, Cal, and Ford turn them down and they have to call Pel.

'Course, Pel winding up as HC at his alma mater next year is about as likely as us making the Final Four next year. 

I think they would have a few more names between Ford and Pelphrey to get through for your dream to happen. 

WilsonHog

March 27, 2009, 04:14:55 pm #55 Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 04:16:33 pm by WilsonHog
Quote from: donewithdale on March 27, 2009, 04:11:34 pm
I think they would have a few more names between Ford and Pelphrey to get through for your dream to happen. 

I don't care if he's Adolph Rupp's love child.

Kentucky will call me or you before they call Pel after a 2-14 season.

And if they hire Mike Anderson...well, I'll make FCJ look like a ray of sunshine for about the next 9 months.

donewithdale

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2009, 04:14:55 pm

I've turned them down.  I'm holding out for the Duke job. 

lovetthog1

And if they hire Mike Anderson...well, I'll make FCJ look like a ray of sunshine for about the next 9 months.

But FCJ IS a ray of sunshine.

donewithdale

Crowley's Ridge may be ablaze if that happens.

WMHawgfan

My guess is now that Donovan has shot them down they will go after Calipari and maybe Rick Barnes or Jay Wright. If they don't take the job they may go after Billy Gillispie.

rude1

Ut oh, looks like the big blue might have overestimated again on their ability to get anyone they want. I don't get this trend today of always needing to hire away someone else top coach. Most of the top guys today were just up and comers before making their mark. Who was Donavan before Fl.? Who was Calipari before UMass?Who was Coach K before Puke? Who was Roy Williams before Kansas? Pitino was no household name before getting the KY job.

Maybe it's time they took a step back and try and make another Pitino hire and drop the arrogant idea that they can just walk in and sign up who they want.  I think it takes a more skilled AD to spot the next big thing, than it does for one to just load the dump truck with money and try dumping it on somebody else's good hire.

kingofdequeen

Sorry...i don't see UK ever hiring another black head coach.  period.