Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hire Billy Gillispie...

Started by SpringTxHOG, March 27, 2009, 02:46:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SpringTxHOG

If you can win at a$m, you can win anywhere.  I live about 1.5 hours from College Station...it's not a town I'd call basketball friendly.  Billy was doomed from the start at UK.  Give this guy 3 yrs on the Hill and the Hogs will be back in the top 10.  Hell a$m is still going to the tourney with the players Billy left in B/CS.

It's time to get a big time coach back in Ark!  :razorback:

Wild Bill Hog

I wouldn't mind having BCG on the Hill.

SpringTxHOG

I was really upset that we did not get him the first time. 

spehog

I was really upset when he said F' us for UK. That is the only reason Stan was fired cus papa thought we had BCG in the bag without actually talking to the man. I'm down w/ Mike Anderson coming back but BCG had his shot here and I doubt he'd get a second chance.
Woo Pig.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: spehog on March 27, 2009, 02:55:14 pm
I was really upset when he said F' us for UK. That is the only reason Stan was fired cus papa thought we had BCG in the bag without actually talking to the man. I'm down w/ Mike Anderson coming back but BCG had his shot here and I doubt he'd get a second chance.

I've heard that too, that we fired Heath because we thought we'd be upgrading with BCG.

Looking back now, we probably downgraded from SH to JP.

MaxMaloney

And when BCG fails to produce results after 2 years, are we going to fire him and pick up his tab too?  If Pelphrey leaves on his own, I'd go after him, but otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

kingofdequeen

no.

hire mike anderson, if anyone.

linze82

no freakin way
enough snail ball
smite me bishes

Supermark101

solitons

yes, hope UK hire pel from us.

The_Bionic_Pig

March 27, 2009, 03:05:50 pm #10 Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 03:09:01 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
I understand that this board as well as others are made up of opinions but The Hire Gillespie, Hire Mike Anderson post are just a waste of bandwith when its obvious that their is NO CURRENT VANCANCY!

You might as well campain for Labron James to be the next asst. coach....  post something valid that has someway of touching reality!

Otherwise post like these which in due time lead to posters attacking the current coaching staff while others defend the current staff...then it gets personal then...blah...blah

Listen I would love to have Mike Anderson or Billy Clyde but starting 20 post a day reaffirming the same thought gets old!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ruarealhogfan

Hire BCG, how ridiculous would that be.  The guy wasn't fired just because of his record.  He turned out to be an incompetent PRI*K (with the emphasis on the latter)

The_Bionic_Pig

Let me explain Phil Jackson could right a heartfelt personal letter informing AD Long of his want to get back into college basketball but until their is a VACANCY!!! 

Listen I am not a fan of this past season's results and it is very well known that unless the 09'-10 team shows a vast improvement that nothing short of post season play in the NCAA Tourney that his seat will be hotter than  Phillip Fulmer at a Alabama Booster Club meeting!

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

revolution

I never wanted Gillispie.  Acie Law carried him at A&M.  He couldn't win more than 8 SEC games with Meeks and Patterson and a decent roster filled with good talent.  He underachieved at Kentucky and needs to go back down to a lower tier program. 

Give Pel just one more year, make it plain he must win 10 SEC games, give him a little room if we have a lot of injuries, and if he can't get it done, then get us a proven ballcoach.

dougieritch

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 27, 2009, 02:49:15 pm

EFF THAT...he used Arkansas for a raise at A&M then bolted for KY, would rather keep Pel or if you are going to hire anyone hire Anderson.

SpringTxHOG

Stewie...I like threads like this.  Threads like this got HDN removed...maybe it will help Pel and his staff follow.

Acie was a very good college point.  However, Billy can coach. 

fearless_leader

Billy Clyde is an excellent coach and would represent a substantial upgrade over our current HC.

I mean substantial.   Big Time.

savimbi2002

No, he has too many off-court problems.

Fort Swine

I am one that is not for a quick firing of JP, but it is time to win.  A decent season with an experienced team is one thing, but 2-14 is not acceptable at UA.  With every school around us taking it to the next level, I am afraid we will be stuck at the mid-major level for the next five years. 

It just looks like we are on a track to being stuck in the middle of the conference.  Cap. was right - why play Arkansas?  Nothing to gain.  This is the fence year for JP - either win or let's move on.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

BleedsBlue

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 27, 2009, 02:49:15 pm

You had better reconsider that move.  There are some very 'in the locker room' and off court stuff that you do not know about Gillispie.  I will give you one tidbit.  During half time of the Notre Dame game Wednesday Gillispie told Meeks that he was the most selfish player he ever coached and that he was off the team and not to come out for the 2nd half.  This was said to the nation's 6th leading scorer and 90% FT shooter.  The Assistant Coaches brought Meeks out to play the second half.  I am not trying to hang dirty laundry, but there is more to the story than you know.

WilsonHog

I guess that's why Meeks didn't take a shot the first 10 minutes of the second half.

ironside

Your memory is short. BG played us to get to Kentucky and a bigger offer. That man is not welcome in Arkansas on his way back to Texas !

BleedsBlue

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2009, 06:01:55 pm
I guess that's why Meeks didn't take a shot the first 10 minutes of the second half.

Not to mention Meeks told one of the South Carolina players that BCG told him not to shoot in the 2nd half of that game so there was no need to guard him.  It gets worse.  It was just not Meeks.

ironside

Quote from: BleedsBlue on March 27, 2009, 06:08:19 pm
Not to mention Meeks told one of the South Carolina players that BCG told him not to shoot in the 2nd half of that game so there was no need to guard him.  It gets worse.  It was just not Meeks.

If Meeks said that, he IS a selfish player. Wouldn't have him on my team either. With that said, I still have no respect for BCG

lockmaster

BleedsBlue

Quote from: ironside on March 27, 2009, 06:10:05 pm
If Meeks said that, he IS a selfish player. Wouldn't have him on my team either. With that said, I still have no respect for BCG

Before you trash Jodie you need to know the kid.  He was not a selfish player.  When you only have two scorers on the team (Patterson and Meeks) what do you do?  You would find a spot for Meeks on your team trust me.

40MINSOFHELL

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it would be the worst move arkansas has ever made....if pel can't get it done here, WE HIRE MIKE ANDERSON

josh_sec33

Right now BCG is NOT on my short list of coaches that I could see replainc JP regardless of the situation that he leaves.

That short list would be:

1. Mike Anderson
2. Jeff Capel
3. Dixon from Pitt
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Mason

I honestly can't believe that anyone would want someone like this bafoon.  He is Kentucky's version of Houston Nutt.  At least Kentucky was smart enough to dump the jerk after only two years, not put up with his crap for 10 years.

We may not have a hot shot coach experienced coach right now, but we haven't given him a chance to succeed.  He inherited a mess and it won't be undone in just two years.  We were warned at SEC media days about this year.  Go back and listen to Pelphrey's presser. Sure there are issues right now but nothing like the soap opera our Athletics Programs have witnessed over the last 15 years.

I for one am sick and tired of Arkansas drama.  Immoral coaches running off student athletes because their ego couldn't take it.  Administrators that stayed in power way too long and becoming a liability to the program.  Coach crying racism, filing lawsuits, and predicting tanks in the streets.

We finally have professional individuals running our Athletics.  We need to trust their decision making.  If they say give Pelphrey more time then we support the decision and cheer our team.  Hire a jerk like Gillispie and we take a major step back.
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading.  The few who learn by observation.  The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.----Will Rogers

MNHogFan

I had rather have Dickie Nutt on the Hill as BCG.

Banx32

Quote from: josh_sec33 on March 27, 2009, 06:16:00 pm
Right now BCG is NOT on my short list of coaches that I could see replainc JP regardless of the situation that he leaves.

That short list would be:

1. Mike Anderson
2. Jeff Capel
3. Dixon from Pitt
I mean thats a nice list and all but y in the world would those last 2 coaches with no arkansas ties cum here?
Rad Morris

Hogbody

Who is Labron James?  Does he know Ryan Mallet?  :)

Hoggish1

Quote from: SpringTxHOG on March 27, 2009, 02:46:46 pm
If you can win at a$m, you can win anywhere.  I live about 1.5 hours from College Station...it's not a town I'd call basketball friendly.  Billy was doomed from the start at UK.  Give this guy 3 yrs on the Hill and the Hogs will be back in the top 10.  Hell a$m is still going to the tourney with the players Billy left in B/CS.

It's time to get a big time coach back in Ark!  :razorback:

This is perhaps the most insane post I have ever read.

ironside

Quote from: BleedsBlue on March 27, 2009, 06:13:54 pm
Before you trash Jodie you need to know the kid.  He was not a selfish player.  When you only have two scorers on the team (Patterson and Meeks) what do you do?  You would find a spot for Meeks on your team trust me.

He should have pulled a Willie Cutts; went to the locker room, put on his street clothes and  watch the 2nd half from the stands.

fearless_leader

From the perspective of putting together a basketball team and then coaching it, Billy Clyde is phenomenal.

So he stinks at fan relations - who cares?   Give me wins!

Maybe we can get Bill Self - KU lost in the Sweet 16 tonight for cryin' out loud!

jackflash

Billy had his chance and didn't take it. Maybe a great coach, but this boat has sailed? Like to read all these post, last time I checked  WE HAVE A HEAD COACH.

no3putts

thats the prob, we do have one but not a good one. it wont be hard to upgrade when we do. and we will. Pel doesnt have it. But i guess we can sit and wait till be go 0fer in leauge play before some of you want him gone