Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MathHog, May I have Your Attention Here, Please?

Started by WilsonHog, March 26, 2009, 11:17:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeathWimp

Quote from: donewithdale on March 26, 2009, 11:44:19 pm
Heath built us back up from where Nolan and Mike left us.  He didn't get us to E8 level. 

Heath didn't build anything except for a half-empty arena.  He sucked.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

The Hogfather

Quote from: hoglady on March 27, 2009, 12:31:29 am
I wish we could figure out how to fail like Memphis.
That would make me very happy.

Put us in CUSA and we can fail just like Memphis in a couple years.  You want to make that move?  I don't.

AuburnHog

Quote from: YABBBUF on March 27, 2009, 12:23:46 am
I am not sure many people are arguing that we should have hired Mike Anderson over Stan Heath???

I am sure most people here know that Mike Anderson was not an option when his mentor was in the process of getting himself fired, getting his assistants fired, and the BIGGEST issue: getting a great? coach hired!!!

I have very little problems with Nolan, he was in the situation he was in. 

You can not blame anyone posting here for Mike Anderson not getting Hired; Hell;you can't blame anyone left on the hill with Mike Anderson not getting hired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you continue to post sarcastic posts about why we don't have Mike Anderson or a better coach than Pel...

Ban me if you must.  Delete this post if you must.. But you told someone to eat a D*ck, so I am assuming this is OK for now.. 

I hope Pel and his players and new recruits do great next year.  Mike Anderson is not our coach; I hope he has great success, unless he is playing us...

+1  Not that my opinion matters but I'm a little disappointed in WilsonHog.  I usually enjoy reading his posts.

The_Bionic_Pig

March 27, 2009, 09:51:37 am #103 Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 09:54:23 am by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: AuburnHog on March 27, 2009, 09:34:22 am
+1  Not that my opinion matters but I'm a little disappointed in WilsonHog.  I usually enjoy reading his posts.

These 48 hrs were commissioned "FREE FOR ALL" You can say what you want, anything opinion goes... nothing will be taken personal as if were all sitting around with a cold "Brusky"   shooting from the hip.   

Over the past couple of weeks everyone had become too sensitive - men were sounding feminine and personal attacks kinda ran ramp-id instead of attacking the points of the post itself...so Wilson is allowing everyone to just shoot from the hip and relax without worry of being politically correct. 

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

AuburnHog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 27, 2009, 09:51:37 am
These 48 hrs were commissioned "FREE FOR ALL" You can say what you want, anything opinion goes... nothing will be taken personal as if were all sitting around with a cold "Brusky"   shooting from the hip.  

Over the past couple of weeks everyone had become too sensitive - men were sounding feminine and personal attacks kinda ran ramp-id instead of attacking the points of the post itself...so Wilson is allowing everyone to just shoot from the hip and relax without worry of being politically correct. 

Then why is he deleting the posts of the people that disagree with him.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: mathhog on March 27, 2009, 12:23:52 am
ok, in all seriousness, what would mike a have done differently this year with this bunch?  would he have a 12-1 noncon record?  how would he have beaten anyone in the sec?  we DID RUN AND GUN in starkville, for a half.... got a 15 pt lead.... and then we got gassed.  how on earth would mike have a 10 win sec season this year?

By substitutions in the second half. By playing his young players more minutes earlier in the year to get them comfortable with game time situations. By not playing 6 players. That's how.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

WilsonHog

Quote from: AuburnHog on March 27, 2009, 10:23:42 am
Then why is he deleting the posts of the people that disagree with him.

Not necessarily posts of people who disagree with me.

More like posts that, in my estimation as an admin, don't need to be on the board.

Hogbody

I'm still skeptical that I wont get banned during this free for all.....

WilsonHog

Quote from: Hogbody on March 27, 2009, 11:01:47 am
I'm still skeptical that I wont get banned during this free for all.....

Keep your avatar and all is cool.

heathtits

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2009, 11:02:42 am
Keep your avatar and all is cool.

HAHAHAHA.

This is the true definition of pathetic. Since we have no team in the tournament, no late period signings to speak of, and a basketball program run into the ground by none other than a KY ginger, even our mods are losing their heads.

Wake me up when it is over.

mathhog

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on March 27, 2009, 10:36:43 am
By not playing 6 players. That's how.

so fortson shouldn't have sat out at the ky game, and brandon moore should have played right after the dwi, and jason henry should have played the game after walmart, and....

(you see where im gong.  pel chose to be a disciplinarian.  when he does it, we dont have enough bodies and we get tired.  when he doesnt, like welsh at ole miss, then he's a "poor manager of off the court" issues)

so are you saying mike a would allow the dwi and suspended types to have played those games, to be able to rotate out 5 and 5?  or would mike still suspend kids for their screwups?  again, not picking, just asking.

WilsonHog

March 27, 2009, 12:49:18 pm #111 Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 12:58:46 pm by WilsonHog
Quote from: mathhog on March 27, 2009, 12:43:57 pm
so fortson shouldn't have sat out at the ky game, and brandon moore should have played right after the dwi, and jason henry should have played the game after walmart, and....

(you see where im gong.  pel chose to be a disciplinarian.  when he does it, we dont have enough bodies and we get tired.  when he doesnt, like welsh at ole miss, then he's a "poor manager of off the court" issues)

so are you saying mike a would allow the dwi and suspended types to have played those games, to be able to rotate out 5 and 5?  or would mike still suspend kids for their screwups?  again, not picking, just asking.

You do realize that we played 30 games, correct?

Yet you cherry-pick three or four and set that up as an excuse for why we didn't cultivate the depth here that Mike has at Mizzou this year.

Does your guardian know you post this nonsense?

(BTW, we're drawing straws again at 3:00.)

WilsonHog

Quote from: mathhog on March 27, 2009, 12:53:10 pm
what? who's drawing straws for what?

To see who else gets voted off Hogville today.

We have a Hogville Admin Tribal Council meeting every Friday at 3:00.

Your name is on the list.

mathhog

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2009, 12:57:42 pm

you've GOT to be kidding me. 

for what?  because i believed your "open forum" rule last night after you told me to "eat a d$ck"?   or is it just because you "don't like me around here" (as you posted last night).

let me get this straight....... instead of just ignoring me (as i do with oliver miller as we disagree on EVERYTHING), instead of ignoring me...... you're going to VOTE on kicking me off of hogville....... because you disagree with me......     

i haven't broken any rules, or bashed players, or anything like that.... but i'm going to be "voted off"..... because you just don't like me.

you're joking right?

cdclark09

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2009, 12:57:42 pm

is there going to be an announcement/press release?

WilsonHog

Quote from: cdclark09 on March 27, 2009, 01:02:18 pm
is there going to be an announcement/press release?

No, we don't do pressers.

Someone just sleeps with the fishes.

WilsonHog

Quote from: mathhog on March 27, 2009, 01:02:03 pm

for what?  because i believed your "open forum" rule last night after you told me to "eat a d$ck"?   or is it just because you "don't like me around here" (as you posted last night).

let me get this straight....... instead of just ignoring me (as i do with oliver miller as we disagree on EVERYTHING), instead of ignoring me...... you're going to VOTE on kicking me off of hogville....... because you disagree with me......     

i haven't broken any rules, or bashed players, or anything like that.... but i'm going to be "voted off"..... because you just don't like me.

you're joking right?

No. I never joke about admin matters.

Okay, look. I'm not suppose to do this but I feel bad about last night.

You have a 1 in 4 shot of still being here at 3:01. It's between you, thirtythree,ruarealhogfan, and Hogfather. You had a 1 in 5 shot, but Table Rocker couldn't even make it to the vote.

Hey, your name came up. It's out of my hands.

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: mathhog on March 27, 2009, 01:02:03 pm

you're joking right?

Please be the better man & stop.  The power trip is getting to be too much to take...

The Hogfather

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2009, 01:09:10 pm

You have a 1 in 4 shot of still being here at 3:01. It's between you, thirtythree,ruarealhogfan, and Hogfather. You had a 1 in 5 shot, but Table Rocker couldn't even make it to the vote.

All people who stick up for Pelphrey, I see.  What have I done to be worthy of such a list?

The Hogfather

Oh, nevermind.  I remember by exchanges with HoginMemphis.  I guess he nominated me.

WilsonHog

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 27, 2009, 01:12:54 pm
Oh, nevermind.  I remember by exchanges with HoginMemphis.  I guess he nominated me.

I'm not permitted to reveal the nominating process. I can tell you, however, that it involves neither a goat nor incense.

The Hogfather

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2009, 01:15:13 pm
I'm not permitted to reveal the nominating process. I can tell you, however, that it involves neither a goat nor incense.

Tiki torches?

WilsonHog

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 27, 2009, 01:16:42 pm
Tiki torches?

It's bad karma to insult the process.

Just be patient and please do not whine. It's unbecoming in the face of being exiled.

Now let us speak no more of it.

chiefsfan

So whaat happens if there is a tie?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

WilsonHog

Quote from: chiefsfan on March 27, 2009, 01:19:34 pm
So whaat happens if there is a tie?

Do I even have to say it?

If one's good, two is better.

You actually received mention, but I went to bat for you.

This time.

mathhog

So basically i'm banned for life.....  for reasons that I can't know....

how about i just quit posting here altogether and save you the trouble of having to have a 'ban meeting'?  and the whole "duh duh duleted" label?

The Hogfather

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2009, 01:18:44 pm
It's bad karma to insult the process.

Just be patient and please do not whine. It's unbecoming in the face of being exiled.

Now let us speak no more of it.

I'm not worried about it.  If I'm gone, I'm gone.

I'd rather stay.  But, I know how Hogville works.  If some of the PTB want you to cease existence on Hogville, you're basically done.

cardinalhawg

There have been good arguments on both sides of the Anderson/Pelphrey debate and hopefully it can be left at that, even though the name calling and such goes to far at times.

mathhog

and another thing, why is it 1 in 4 or 1 in 5?

so you 'have' to vote everyone off except one person on the list?

mathhog

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 27, 2009, 01:22:01 pm
I'm not worried about it.  If I'm gone, I'm gone.

I'd rather stay.  But, I know how Hogville works.  If some of the PTB want you to cease existence on Hogville, you're basically done.

yep.  i hear ya.  it's a shame, too, i really liked this place.

chiefsfan

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 27, 2009, 01:16:42 pm
Tiki torches?

I heard they shot flaming arrows through gasoline.   Whichever name the fire gods came up with was banned.   Before that they had to dance around the flaming arrows in an ancient dance first perfected by the ancient myan indians wearing nothing but 10th century garb

Hence why no camera's are allowed...No one wants to see that
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

The Hogfather

Quote from: mathhog on March 27, 2009, 01:23:05 pm
and another thing, why is it 1 in 4 or 1 in 5?

so you 'have' to vote everyone off except one person on the list?

You have a 1 in 4 shot of being banned.  3 in 4 shot of staying.  Odds are good!

mathhog

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 27, 2009, 01:24:45 pm
You have a 1 in 4 shot of being banned.  3 in 4 shot of staying.  Odds are good!

ah i see.  i thought me meant "EVERYONE IS BANNED EXCEPT FOR 1 PERSON"

gotcha.

The Hogfather

Quote from: mathhog on March 27, 2009, 01:25:35 pm

gotcha.

There will probably be a 4-way tie.  You know what that means....

:)

WilsonHog

Quote from: mathhog on March 27, 2009, 01:25:35 pm

gotcha.

Dude! Have you never heard of Charles Darwin?? You ain't helping yourself.

The Hogfather

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2009, 01:28:53 pm

There are many currently posting on Hogville that would be banned before me, if evolution was alive and well on Hogville.

mathhog

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2009, 01:28:53 pm

Wilson, let's be honest.  Would you really 'go to bat for me' at this said meeting?  you told me last night you "don't want me around here", and "to eat a d$ck".  Do i honestly think you'll fight for me tooth and nail in said meeting?

WilsonHog

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 27, 2009, 01:30:11 pm
There are many that would've been banned before me, if evolution was alive and well on Hogville.

I suspect you've done enough quality work to survive the cut.

The Hogfather

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2009, 01:31:16 pm

I hope so.  I would like to continue to keep HiM in check re: his Memphis obsession and their alleged superiority to every other college basketball team.

mathhog

March 27, 2009, 01:33:26 pm #139 Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 01:36:14 pm by mathhog
Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2009, 01:31:16 pm

and i haven't?  i kept a ridiculous list of houston nutt's record failings game in game out all of 07.  i supported jump ball in its young years (see the author of "add your must visit bball sites here!" stickied on THIS board) and hung here through the last year or so.  i still am not sure if pel is "the best coach evah!" but i dont want him fired yet.

but somehow, because i've made you angry in the last 4 weeks, because i dont want mike anderson back and do want pel back, i'm banned?

that seems to be the story to me. 

WilsonHog

Quote from: mathhog on March 27, 2009, 01:33:26 pm
and i haven't?  i kept a ridiculous list of houston nutt's record failings game in game out all of 07.  i supported jump ball in its young years (see the author of "add your must visit bball sites here!" stickied on THIS board) and hung here through the last year or so.  i still am not sure if pel is "the best coach evah!" but i dont want him fired yet.

but somehow, because i've made you angry in the last 4 weeks, because i dont want mike anderson back and do want pel back, i'm banned?

Get ahold of yourself, man. This is unseemly.

chiefsfan

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2009, 01:21:25 pm
Do I even have to say it?

If one's good, two is better.

You actually received mention, but I went to bat for you.

This time.

I dont think it would be a very good idea to consider banning me.   just saying.   

The Hogfather

Quote from: mathhog on March 27, 2009, 01:33:26 pm

You haven't been yet.  I'd suspect that you don't get banned at all.

mathhog

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2009, 01:40:08 pm
Buck up, man. This is unseemly.

Whatever.  You try posting 3,000 times at a place and then getting axed for no reason.

The Hogfather

I think you might be taking Wilson a little too seriously, math.  Not sure.  But, I think so.

mathhog

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 27, 2009, 01:41:31 pm
I think you might be taking Wilson a little too seriously, math.  Not sure.  But, I think so.

I assumed it was a joke the previous page, and yet he responded with "I dont joke about admin matters".

sure, it could be like the 'open forum', where it was all just a ruse, but who knows.

plus, tablerocker is gone, so there's one down....

chiefsfan

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 27, 2009, 01:41:31 pm

no one will find out till 3:00

BrooklynRoss

The fiscal aspects of message boards is 100% related to page views, which is related to number of posts, which is completely tied to "arguments."

By arguments, I mean the practice of an issue being  presented that has sides to be taken, members grouping up on either side to develop arguments, and then hashing it out (usually friendly, sometimes hateful) in a series of posts and counter posts.

If you're thinking "hey, that seems familiar" it's because that's how politics works (in a democracy, at least) and it's pretty much an inborn trait for all humans.

Without the arguments, the popularity of the message board wanes because there is nothing to talk about and opinions become homogeneous, people get bored and stop posting, and so on (see all competing razorback message boards.)

Eventually, posters move on to another board and the boring one dies.

Another thing to consider is that online, leaders serve rather than preside. If I may quote Gary Hamel (Fortune magazine just called him "the world's leading expert on business strategy.")  in the Wall Street Journal,

"On the Web, every leader is a servant leader; no one has the power to command or sanction. Credible arguments, demonstrated expertise and selfless behavior are the only levers for getting things done through other people. Forget this online, and your followers will soon abandon you."

Full article: http://blogs.wsj.com/management/2009/03/24/the-facebook-generation-vs-the-fortune-500/

To sum it up, whether you like him or not, it would be a stupid mistake to ban Mathhog from Hogville.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Coondog Hog

March 27, 2009, 01:51:07 pm #148 Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 02:01:20 pm by Coondog Hog
Quote from: mathhog on March 27, 2009, 01:41:07 pm
Whatever.  You try posting 3,000 times at a place and then getting axed for no reason.

Whoa dude take a vacation away from the internet you are getting a little overwhelmed today don't you think.  i dont figure that you will be banned, but sounds like you could use a day or two in the fresh air
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

chiefsfan

Quote from: Coondog Hog on March 27, 2009, 01:51:07 pm
Whoa dude take a vacation away from the internet you are getting a little overwhelmed today don't you think.  i dont figure that you will be banned, but sounds like you could use aa day or two in the fresh air

he probably could use some fresh air but you are right he doesnt deserve to be banned. 

then again fi this was chiefsfanville as I really do envision.   id ban half the members of the site just because they looked at me wrong one day