Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MathHog, May I have Your Attention Here, Please?

Started by WilsonHog, March 26, 2009, 11:17:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

March 26, 2009, 11:17:19 pm Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 12:42:20 am by WilsonHog
Missouri 102, Memphis 91. Coach A's team, now 31-6, moves on to the Elite Eight.

akp4105

TigerinMemphis as well.. your beloved team is done.

chiefsfan

Dear Tigerwhoclaimstheyareahog in Memphis

OWNED

Signed

The rest of us
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Marshfieldhog

I can't wait for pels 3rd year..better book final four tickets.

upperdeck_hawg

I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

donewithdale

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on March 26, 2009, 11:22:44 pm
I can't wait for pels 3rd year..better book final four tickets.

What does Pelphrey have to do with this?

dougieritch

chiefsfan

Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

The Boar War

Quote from: donewithdale on March 26, 2009, 11:23:50 pm
What does Pelphrey have to do with this?

Surely you haven't missed out on the fact that the third year is the magic year.  Everything turns around.

donewithdale

I would love to pile onto Memphis but my Blue Devils were literally beaten down tonight.  I know most of you watched Mizzou-Memphis.  But man the Big East is impressive physically and defensively.  This isn't some myth like Memphis' D. 

akp4105

TigerinMemphis..Memphis will beat Missouri by double digits. HAHAHAHA Good call. I can't wait to see the excuses.

Pork Twain

Classy, way to lead by example...

I can honestly say I would have been happy for either of these teams to advance
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Oliver

Quote from: The Boar War on March 26, 2009, 11:26:22 pm
Surely you haven't missed out on the fact that the third year is the magic year.  Everything turns around.

It's like clockwork...so much that we don't even need reason to believe it will happen.

passinghog

Quote from: mathhog on March 26, 2009, 11:26:43 pm

1. way to be childish, after all your stupid bannings and goading of other posters like thirty three while in the same breath you banned tablerocker tonight.

2. Sweet!!!! Elite 8 means we should hire someone?

Time to hire this man!

Unless....

somebody else has taken a team to an elite 8................

vvv

vvv

vvv

vvv

vvv

vvv

vvv

vvv

vvv

vvv

vvv

Mike Anderson is a one-hit wonder. YIPPEE!

That's a Stan Heath clone, I tell ya.
This was his FIRST Sweet 16 right?

Hold up, wait a minute....
He went to a sweet 16 @ UAB though?
And then made it to the 2nd round the next year...

Then he cleaned up Mizzou and took them to the Elite 8...

Stand Heath 2 I tell ya...

All FACTS on my part.

High Octane Hog

Sorry Mathog, but there has always been a bunch of Cardinal Red following Anderson around, in fact I had more people in my house tonight to watch this game than I have had in 10 years for a Basketball game, tonight I am proud for Mike, I am also deeply saddened and absolutely sick to my stomach...By the way, compare your statistics between Anderson and Heath and let us know who has the better resume. Hell, I would guess that Anderson has a better resume combined as an assistant and head coach than the majority of Division one coaches. How many trips to the final four will he make as an assistant and head coach after he makes it this year??

The Boar War

Quote from: mathhog on March 26, 2009, 11:26:43 pm

2. Sweet!!!! Elite 8 means we should hire someone?

Time to hire this man!

Unless....

somebody else has taken a team to an elite 8................

vvv

vvv

vvv

vvv

vvv

vvv

vvv

vvv

vvv

vvv

vvv

Exactly, because every coach who makes it to the elite eight is also a failure at their next job.  Just because it happened once doesn't mean it will always happen.

mathhog

Quote from: High Octane Hog on March 26, 2009, 11:33:03 pm
Sorry Mathog, but there has always been a bunch of Cardinal Red following Anderson around, in fact I had more people in my house tonight to watch this game than I have had in 10 years for a Basketball game, tonight I am proud for Mike, I am also deeply saddened and absolutely sick to my stomach...By the way, compare your statistics between Anderson and Heath and let us know who has the better resume. Hell, I would guess that Anderson has a better resume combined as an assistant and head coach than the majority of Division one coaches. How many trips to the final four will he make as an assistant and head coach after he makes it this year??

dunno. 

stan had a ring from michigan state in 2000, and a final four with them as well in 1999. 

i DONT LIKE STAN, im just saying.... mike a's  accomplishments are no greater than... gulp... stan heath

chortle

Quote from: mathhog on March 26, 2009, 11:33:04 pm
nah, we need wilson to feel important about himself, so he gets to insult posters in each thread title, be it me, or thirty-three.

if it helps wilsonhog fell like a man instead of a nancy girl, i'm all for it.

If you feel the need to let him single you out and b!tchslap you around, so be it.

Oliver

Quote from: BeoPig™ on March 26, 2009, 11:33:27 pm
Nice thing about the military.  Those with power are held to a higher standard and expected to lead.

Nicer thing about the military.  Jackasses (especially ignorant jackasses) whom question the authority of those with power aren't around to do it a 2nd time.   

vandybuff

.... yes, this is titillating internet banter, but I am still wanting to know it the first fellow ate that duck?
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

WilsonHog

Quote from: mathhog on March 26, 2009, 11:34:12 pm
dunno. 

stan had a ring from michigan state in 2000, and a final four with them as well in 1999. 

i DONT LIKE STAN, im just saying.... mike a's  accomplishments are no greater than... gulp... stan heath

Wait here just a minute.

Don't leave.

Oliver

As an assistant coach!!!  Gosh your dense.

chortle

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 26, 2009, 11:37:38 pm
As an assistant coach!!!  Gosh your dense.

That was kinda his point about Anderson under Richardson. Just sayin'.

chiefsfan

Oliver

Quote from: mathhog on March 26, 2009, 11:38:29 pm
are you a tool?

the poster i responded to said "MIKE A HAS 3 FINAL FOURS AND A RING AS AN ASSISTANT NYAH NYAH"

i said "i dont like stan but he has the same resume"

are YOU an idiot?

I saw another post which said Mike has been to 2 Sweet 16's, one Elite 8, and 4 NCAAT appearances since being a head coach as opposed to Stan Heath's one tournament appearance when we hired him.  But you didn't bother responding to that with your ignorant banter.

secfan30

dunno. 

Anderson did build Mizzo back up, something Heath could not do with us and we have a "Richer" Tradition than Mizzo. Heath could not do in 5 years what Anderson did in 3.

donewithdale

Quote from: High Octane Hog on March 26, 2009, 11:33:03 pm

math doesn't hate Mike Anderson.  He is being extreme with his opinions and making his points because he sick of our fans whining about Coach A not being the coach at the UA and for our 'fans' using his success to bash our program.  Nolan had to deal with that crap in regards to Eddie. 

Ark fans should be happy for Mike.  I'll repeat again- he is a good guy and a good coach.  But we need to stop the bashing of our own program and move on and give whomever is our coach the respect of not whining and crying and desiring to have Mike back.  To some of us, its sickening and tiresome.  Almost as bad as Hog fans using Memphis to bash ourselves.

mathhog

Quote from: secfan30 on March 26, 2009, 11:41:06 pm
Anderson did build Mizzo back up, something Heath could not do with us and we have a "Richer" Tradition than Mizzo. Heath could not do in 5 years what Anderson did in 3.

agreed, but we had a lower starting point than mizzou did.  probation or not, it's really hard to start recruiting and getting love from 5 stars when your hall of fame coach iis fired saying the school is racist and screaming about slave ships.......  look at the 2003 roster.  read those names.

and then cry.

Pork Twain

March 26, 2009, 11:43:20 pm #28 Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 12:05:20 am by BeoPig™
Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 26, 2009, 11:35:24 pm
Nicer thing about the military.  Jackasses (especially ignorant jackasses) whom question the authority of those with power aren't around to do it a 2nd time.   
I did not realize you were military.

WRONG!!!  We have this thing called the IG and it works great.  We also have the chain of command and if your boss is a dumbass you just take it up a level.  If someone does something stupid and you don't question it then you are spineless and don't deserve your rank.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

mathhog

Quote from: donewithdale on March 26, 2009, 11:42:07 pm
math doesn't hate Mike Anderson.  He is being extreme with his opinions and making his points because he sick of our fans whining about Coach A not being the coach at the UA and for our 'fans' using his success to bash our program.  Nolan had to deal with that crap in regards to Eddie. 

Ark fans should be happy for Mike.  I'll repeat again- he is a good guy and a good coach.  But we need to stop the bashing of our own program and move on and give whomever is our coach the respect of not whining and crying and desiring to have Mike back.  To some of us, its sickening and tiresome.  Almost as bad as Hog fans using Memphis to bash ourselves.

this. 

i like mike, i wish him well.

i also want this board to go back to "hogville" instead of being "tigerville".  if that means mike has to lose, so be it.

The_Bionic_Pig

You guys are entertaining...this is how a board should be no-one taking opinions, insults...etc personally.   By the way my Miami Heat lost again tonight so all of you can go to Hell!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

donewithdale

Quote from: secfan30 on March 26, 2009, 11:41:06 pm

Heath built us back up from where Nolan and Mike left us.  He didn't get us to E8 level. 

The Boar War

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 26, 2009, 11:40:11 pm
I saw another post which said Mike has been to 2 Sweet 16's, one Elite 8, and 4 NCAAT appearances since being a head coach as opposed to Stan Heath's one tournament appearance when we hired him.  But you didn't bother responding to that with your ignorant banter.

Why should he?  It doesn't fit the agenda of Mike Anderson is a terrible coach who will fail like Heath because he made it to the elite eight.  As a result of Anderson's failure John Pelphrey is a great coach.

chortle

Agreed. We should just bash Pelphrey because any way you slice it 2-15 in the SEC should get your ass run, regardless of what any other coach does.

Razorbacks_77

Oh my God, thank you.

donewithdale

Quote from: chortle on March 26, 2009, 11:45:08 pm

Agreed. We should just bash Pelphrey because any way you slice it 2-15 in the SEC should get your ass run, regardless of what any other coach does.

Pel definitely deserves criticism for 2-15 and for some recruiting decisions.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 26, 2009, 11:44:08 pm
You guys are entertaining...this is how a board should be no-one taking opinions, insults...etc personally.   By the way my Miami Heat lost again tonight so all of you can go to Hell!!!
You're a Heat fan too?

passinghog

I've disagreed with you on many points on different subjects, but respect your hoops knowledge.
But how would you consider going 2-14 in the SEC to the way Nolan struggled in his first years in the SWC?

mathhog

Quote from: The Boar War on March 26, 2009, 11:44:36 pm
Why should he?  It doesn't fit the agenda of Mike Anderson is a terrible coach who will fail like Heath because he made it to the elite eight.  As a result of Anderson's failure John Pelphrey is a great coach.

that's a bridge too far.  i dont have an agenda against mike.  i just want this board, starting at the top, to stop wishing on stars that pel will be fired and mike a will ride in and save the day.

i was in bud walton every game for the height of the "nolan decline" era.  i saw mike's recruiting firsthand.  it ain't pretty.  you and i both know that handcheck-like defense would be called murderously in the sec.  we'd limp along 6-10, 8-8, 10-6, then 8-8 again in the sec for years, and maybe make the second round of the ncaa once every 4 years. 

mike is a great coach and a great motivator, but he's NOT THE RIGHT FIT for arkansas anymore.  much like billyg at kentucky.

that ship has sailed, i wish him well,l and i'm only "antimike" right now because i want this board to get backto HOG ball instead of MIZZOU ball.  it's sad i have seen more discussion of missouri's record than our own

mathhog

Quote from: passinghog on March 26, 2009, 11:47:51 pm
I've disagreed with you on many points on different subjects, but respect your hoops knowledge.
But how would you consider going 2-14 in the SEC to the way Nolan struggled in his first years in the SWC?

as has been said repeatedly, we had what, 5 or 6 close losses, 2 in ot that were bogusly called, that should have had this team at closer to 4-12 or 5-11 -- which is a typical "low point" for a coach

nolan was 4-12 his first year
stan was 4-12 his first TWO years
pel is 2-14 his technically "first" year, thanks to the lousy scholarhips projections + beverley's dna test

not much difference.... until pel has HIS guys that can run and play man to man defense, we'll be bad.  hence, look at powell and farmer coming in.  these are pel's kinda guys, not some nate rakestraw.

chortle

Quote from: mathhog on March 26, 2009, 11:48:04 pm
that's a bridge too far.  i dont have an agenda against mike.  i just want this board, starting at the top, to stop wishing on stars that pel will be fired and mike a will ride in and save the day.

i was in bud walton every game for the height of the "nolan decline" era.  i saw mike's recruiting firsthand.  it ain't pretty.  you and i both know that handcheck-like defense would be called murderously in the sec.  we'd limp along 6-10, 8-8, 10-6, then 8-8 again in the sec for years, and maybe make the second round of the ncaa once every 4 years. 

mike is a great coach and a great motivator, but he's NOT THE RIGHT FIT for arkansas anymore.  much like billyg at kentucky.

that ship has sailed, i wish him well,l and i'm only "antimike" right now because i want this board to get backto HOG ball instead of MIZZOU ball.  it's sad i have seen more discussion of missouri's record than our own

So defend 2-15 in the SEC, off the court meltdowns, a total lack of control over the program, an incoming recruiting class that is suspect at best.

Please tell me how we go up from here?

N HOG

Quote from: mathhog on March 26, 2009, 11:48:04 pm
  it's sad i have seen more discussion of missouri's record than our own

You're complaining that people aren't discussing our record??!!!!

donewithdale

Quote from: passinghog on March 26, 2009, 11:47:51 pm

That is a stretch to get that from my post.  I didn't compare Pel's record to Nolan.  Many Hog fans criticized Nolan and used Eddie to do so in Nolan's early time at Ark(some all through Nolan's time at Ark and came out of the closet towards the end especially when we played Ok St).  I'm not going to use the racial terms here but how many fans compared Nolan's style compared to Eddie's is embarrassing still 20 years later.

donewithdale

Quote from: chortle on March 26, 2009, 11:50:43 pm

So defend 2-15 in the SEC, off the court meltdowns, a total lack of control over the program, an incoming recruiting class that is suspect at best.

Please tell me how we go up from here?

Where do you see anyone defending Pelphrey and our season? 

The Boar War

Quote from: mathhog on March 26, 2009, 11:42:53 pm
agreed, but we had a lower starting point than mizzou did.  probation or not, it's really hard to start recruiting and getting love from 5 stars when your hall of fame coach iis fired saying the school is racist and screaming about slave ships.......  look at the 2003 roster.  read those names.

and then cry.

We got a McDonalds All American and Ronnie Brewer in 2003-2004.

chortle

Quote from: mathhog on March 26, 2009, 11:53:44 pm
you're joking, right?

again, this is the downside of hogville.... have you ever even seen as much as a youtube clip of marshawn powell?  the kid is a freaking BEAST.  he will START from DAY 1.  how about the juco farmer?  check out his length compared to the midgets we start at guard right now.  heck, search the web for borden, if you never saw him in person this year.

once again, the "MOB" just defames our recruits like they are crap without ever even taking the time to realize they are GOOD PLAYERS coming in that FIT THE SYSTEM of pressing, man defense and up-tempo offenses...

I'm not talking about on the court. I'm talking about in the classroom.

donewithdale

Quote from: The Boar War on March 26, 2009, 11:53:57 pm

Heath didn't do that bad all things considered.

Oliver

F$ck it.  The bottom line is Pel is a joke of a basketball coach.  He has about as much control over this program as the Hilton's have over Paris.  Our basketball program is in the darn ter and it's not crawling it's way out of it anytime soon until a change is made. 

Meanwhile, we'll have coaches like Mike Anderson continuing to bring nowhere programs into success, other SEC schools making necessary adjustments to try and rediscover relevancy, a bunch of blind optimistic bullsh!t about how everything will be better if we just give Pelphrey more time...all the while putting up another stellar conference record next year while battling more discipline problems due to a lack of respect of Pelphrey from the players. 

But fine, rally around your savior of the Arkansas basketball program.  Build a shrine of him.  Name your children after him.  I just hope that at some point during his ultimate failure you will be as pis sed off as I am right now about what our basketball program has become.

I'm done with this freaking forum.  I should be spending time in Monday Morning Quarterback or Extra Innings...forums that discuss sports, players, and coaches that I'm not ashamed are associated with the University of Arkansas.

N HOG

mathhog

Quote from: The Boar War on March 26, 2009, 11:53:57 pm

um, that "all american" had massive knee replacement surgery AFTER he was named all american... surely we can't compare 2 seasons of a gimp olu to some blake griffin, or corliss?

yes, we had ronnie.  we also played him at a bizzare position because stan wanted him to play point and daddy brewer said "h$ll no." beacuse ron sr thought ronnie would never make it in the nba if he was a point guard.   

but brewer only came in that second year of stan's.  look at stan's first year.  just awful.  and even with ronnie, we were still 4-12 in the league.