Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jump Ball & Recruiting Forum...

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 25, 2009, 10:57:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

March 25, 2009, 10:57:31 pm Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 11:02:26 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
If their is a change in the coaching staff at Kentucky this would more than likely set off a chain of events which could effect current signee's and verbals at rival schools. 

Kentucky will once again go after Donavan....guage Calapari's interest and give Mike Anderson a ring....

Our current staff is very aware of this....  this could get very interesting concerning recruits that listed Arkansas as runner-up choice.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Zen_Hog

Kilgor

Could there be anything more annoying than Calamari at Kentucky?

I would absolutely LOATHE them if that came to pass.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Table Rocker

i think they'll end up with travis ford.

Hogtropolis™

COCHISE

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 25, 2009, 11:13:34 pm
http://arkansas.rivals.com/commitlist.asp

Which one of these guys might you be talking about Stewie?
Stewie's referring to basketball recruits considering or committed to those schools that may see a coaching change may now consider Arkansas.

Hogbody

Ummm who would there be that we were also on and could still get except for Cousins?

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: 870 RZR on March 25, 2009, 11:16:22 pm
Stewie's referring to basketball recruits considering or committed to those schools that may see a coaching change may now consider Arkansas.
I got that, I was asking Stewie if there was anyone of those guys that he is talking about in particular.

Wildhog

Quote from: Kilgor on March 25, 2009, 11:11:01 pm
Could there be anything more annoying than Calamari at Kentucky?

I would absolutely LOATHE them if that came to pass.

I know.  God, I HATE squid.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hogbody

Kilgor

Quote from: Wildhog on March 25, 2009, 11:51:13 pm
I know.  God, I HATE squid.

The only good squid is an unemployed squid.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

The Boar War

Does anyone think that Calhoun might leave UCONN high and dry for Kentucky?  I admit it's a stretch but I can see the possibility of him leaving ala Sampson/OU.

Hoggy1

Quote from: The Boar War on March 26, 2009, 09:55:39 am
Does anyone think that Calhoun might leave UCONN high and dry for Kentucky?  I admit it's a stretch but I can see the possibility of him leaving ala Sampson/OU.

Nahhhhhh, UK will snag Coach Cal.

Win about 4-5 NC's while he's there and call it a day
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

Duckhog89

come on stewie give us some names..

donewithdale

No.  He is 66 and has had a couple of fights with cancer and is very established in the New England area. 

brewerhog

Seeing as how we don't know what coaching changes will be made yet, we can't know which players may change their commitments.

ml2200

which recruits had us in second place?

COCHISE

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 25, 2009, 11:47:22 pm
I got that, I was asking Stewie if there was anyone of those guys that he is talking about in particular.
Sorry, you're link to the 2010 football recruiting class threw me off.  ;)

pitbull1

Calapari is not leaving Memphis and the Fed-Ex money!!

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: 870 RZR on March 26, 2009, 12:14:43 pm
Sorry, you're link to the 2010 football recruiting class threw me off.  ;)
No problem.  I linked the 2009 class, but it must have defaulted back to the 2010 class.  I forgot that it does that.  My bad.

The_Bionic_Pig

I wasn't referring to any recruit in particular I was talking in general to recruits who listed Arkansas at one point before said commitment.    I know the coaches haven't discarded contact numbers and can get into their heads the moment a search committee is announced.....   

Baylor, Kentucky, Alabama, Memphis all have commitments I would love to adopt into the Arkansas basketball program.   I am also praying for a certain asst. coach to return to Fayetteville from Oklahoma State (Excellant Recruiter)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hogbody

most of the commitments have already signed for those schools

The_Bionic_Pig

March 26, 2009, 01:57:39 pm #22 Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 02:00:53 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: Hogbody on March 26, 2009, 01:47:45 pm
most of the commitments have already signed for those schools

When their is a coaching change most programs will allow a student/Athlete out of his signed letter of intent without penalty.   Bruce Pearl didn't but its time for Arkansas to gets its Andre Iguodala!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgAdvocate

Looking more and more likely that Calhoun might retire. Especially if he wins it all this year.

Declining health and NCAA sanctions are a lot to handle.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

hawgsav1

Calhoun has been at UConn for a long time.  I dont see why on Earth he would leave for more stress at Kentucky.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

The Hogfather

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 26, 2009, 01:57:39 pm
When their is a coaching change most programs will allow a student/Athlete out of his signed letter of intent without penalty.   Bruce Pearl didn't but its time for Arkansas to gets its Andre Iguodala!

Is he eligible to come back from the league?  C'mon, give us some hints....

Hogdomer

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 26, 2009, 02:58:22 pm
Is he eligible to come back from the league?  C'mon, give us some hints....

I think he was referring to the fact that Iguodala had signed an LOI with us, then the University let him out of it when Nolan was fired. 

Let's hope that will work in our favor this time.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hogdomer on March 26, 2009, 04:47:17 pm
I think he was referring to the fact that Iguodala had signed an LOI with us, then the University let him out of it when Nolan was fired. 

Exactamundo! +1 I must apologize concerning my response time... I have been using my cell phone over the last few months to access/respond to the board.  (G1 Android)

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Razorod

Daniel Orton would be a nice pick-up.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hogdomer on March 26, 2009, 04:47:17 pm

I understand.  I waas just joking.

bosshawg38

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 26, 2009, 01:21:14 pm
I am also praying for a certain asst. coach to return to Fayetteville from Oklahoma State (Excellant Recruiter)

There is no coach on OSU's staff with any history at the U of A.

At least, there is none listed here:
http://www.okstate.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=1464&SPID=145&DB_OEM_ID=200&Q_SEASON=2008

The_Bionic_Pig

March 26, 2009, 09:10:28 pm #31 Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 09:15:35 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Maybe I should have stated Arkansas (James Dickey & Scott Sutton) I thought they had some affiliation - maybe not directly to the University of Arkansas.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Foshodo

anybody think one of these schools might look at the guy at Baylor to fill a coaching void? maybe that would help us bring a few guys back to having interest in us...

also, been meaning to ask, this guy thats interim coach at Arizona, from Arkansas... if Pel doesnt work out after next year, would he be a good option here if say Arizona wants to try for someone bigger? I havent paid too much attention to the Wildcats and how they play, just wondering.

heathtits

I hear VCU and some other mid majors will have coaching changes.

Those recruits might be a little bit more down our path judging by the current trend.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: heathtits on March 27, 2009, 03:09:35 pm
I hear VCU and some other mid majors will have coaching changes.

Those recruits might be a little bit more down our path judging by the current trend.
Anthony Grant is a GREAT coach and I wouldn't be suprised if he finds himself in the SEC in a year or two.
ched come back pls

southeasthog

Quote from: HogsnCards on March 28, 2009, 09:55:56 am
Anthony Grant is a GREAT coach and I wouldn't be suprised if he finds himself in the SEC in a year or two.
Hired by Alabama.

HawgG

Try like now, he's been hired by Alabama.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4022289

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: southeasthog on March 28, 2009, 10:12:44 am
Hired by Alabama.
yeah prolly i should have checked the jump ball forum first lol
ched come back pls

ChicoHog

He's been a HC for 3 years.  No one is a great HC in 3 years.  What is all the infatuation with this guy?  I'll take Sean miller at Xavier over him any day. 
Maybe he'll do great at Bama.  I don't know but it's way too early to call anyone a great coach 3 years into the job. 

chiefsfan

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 26, 2009, 01:21:14 pm
I wasn't referring to any recruit in particular I was talking in general to recruits who listed Arkansas at one point before said commitment.    I know the coaches haven't discarded contact numbers and can get into their heads the moment a search committee is announced.....   

Baylor, Kentucky, Alabama, Memphis all have commitments I would love to adopt into the Arkansas basketball program.   I am also praying for a certain asst. coach to return to Fayetteville from Oklahoma State (Excellant Recruiter)

I think the point is that Kentucky isnt going to hire a nobody,  they are going to steal a coach from another program who has to steal a coach from someone else.   eventually it may hit some schools that we finished 2nd to on key recruits, which could cause them to change their mind

no one really will know who, till it actually happens
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

heathtits

Why don't we focus on landing guys who haven't committed anywhere yet rather than hoping we can somehow pry guys up from a school where they are already committed?

I can't decide what pisses me off more, the season John Pelphrey gave us this year, the recruits he hasn't given us or the fact that he has let the Houston Nutt "hope" attitude completely engulf our fan base.

Just keep praying and hoping for those winners and fighters and hopefully things will work out.

donewithdale

Quote from: heathtits on March 29, 2009, 04:57:10 pm
Why don't we focus on landing guys who haven't committed anywhere yet rather than hoping we can somehow pry guys up from a school where they are already committed?

I can't decide what pisses me off more, the season John Pelphrey gave us this year, the recruits he hasn't given us or the fact that he has let the Houston Nutt "hope" attitude completely engulf our fan base.

Just keep praying and hoping for those winners and fighters and hopefully things will work out.

This is not a Nutt situation. 

hawgsav1

Quote from: donewithdale on March 29, 2009, 05:11:25 pm
This is not a Nutt situation. 

Completely agree.  Again, while I"m still on the fence with John Pelphrey, I don't understand how people can compare JP to Nutt.  Nutt was an incompetent coach who was a master of self-promotion in order to win himself favor with others and keep his job.  What made him even more maddening was the fact that he did just the bare minimum in order to keep his job. 

JP at least takes the blame for his mistakes. 

heathtits

Quote from: hawgsav1 on March 30, 2009, 02:03:08 am
Completely agree.  Again, while I"m still on the fence with John Pelphrey, I don't understand how people can compare JP to Nutt.  Nutt was an incompetent coach who was a master of self-promotion in order to win himself favor with others and keep his job.  What made him even more maddening was the fact that he did just the bare minimum in order to keep his job. 

JP at least takes the blame for his mistakes. 

I didn't mean it like that, I should have said a hugger situation.

I was poking fun at the fact that it seems like the only recruiting we are doing is "hypothetical recruiting" rather than actually landing players who visit.  For example "If Memphis has an earthquake and falls into the River, and Rupp arena caves in would we have a shot at John Wall?"

I get the feeling some will start to say these guys "just don't love that court logo enough" and "were never meant to be hogs".

I haven't bashed JP specifically or personally on here in months, regardless of how he does, and barring some sketch scandal which would be absurd, I'd never honestly compare him to HDN.

pigzwillrise

Quote from: pitbull1 on March 26, 2009, 12:38:10 pm
Calapari is not leaving Memphis and the Fed-Ex money!!
i think he's going for the bluegrass money

hawgsav1

Quote from: heathtits on March 31, 2009, 01:11:29 pm
I didn't mean it like that, I should have said a hugger situation.

I was poking fun at the fact that it seems like the only recruiting we are doing is "hypothetical recruiting" rather than actually landing players who visit.  For example "If Memphis has an earthquake and falls into the River, and Rupp arena caves in would we have a shot at John Wall?"

I get the feeling some will start to say these guys "just don't love that court logo enough" and "were never meant to be hogs".

I haven't bashed JP specifically or personally on here in months, regardless of how he does, and barring some sketch scandal which would be absurd, I'd never honestly compare him to HDN.

I should have also been more specific.  I've read a few people compare JP to Nutt, and my post was referring to those posters.

I will admit I am worried about how things are going down with JP however.

jbcarol

Well Calipari has made his move.

His first issue is that Coach Gillispie is the gift that keeps on giving. He has offered questionable prospects down to the eighth grade.  Their President Todd is "an honourable man" who wants to stand by these commitments.

I think Calipari is over 13 if all come back and he has to contend with Gillispie's signees.

He said in his presser he will have a heart to heart with players who he thinks will not make it in his system.

We'll see if the Hogs can gain some residual benefit.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hoggle

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 26, 2009, 09:10:28 pm
Maybe I should have stated Arkansas (James Dickey & Scott Sutton) I thought they had some affiliation - maybe not directly to the University of Arkansas.

James Dickey was an assistant coach under Eddie Sutton at Arkansas.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on April 01, 2009, 07:59:44 pm
Well Calipari has made his move.

His first issue is that Coach Gillispie is the gift that keeps on giving. He has offered questionable prospects down to the eighth grade.  Their President Todd is "an honourable man" who wants to stand by these commitments.

I think Calipari is over 13 if all come back and he has to contend with Gillispie's signees.

He said in his presser he will have a heart to heart with players who he thinks will not make it in his system.

We'll see if the Hogs can gain some residual benefit.

Kentucky signee G.J. Vilarino of McKinney and verbal Konner Tucker of Jacksonville have "opened up their recruitment". 

That leaves Calipari with signees Daniel Orton and Kentucky's Mr. Basketball Jon Hood (who claims to be close with John Wall).

Kentucky returns 12 scholarship players (before Coach Cal gets a chance to have a heart-to-heart with at least half).
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net