Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dyer down to 3 already?

Started by Music City Hog, March 25, 2009, 07:07:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Music City Hog

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail

I am sure this has been posted but I didnt immediately see it.  He had a top 5, but now is it just a top 3?

pigz

Who are the 3 listed? I cant click the link.
You guys have a good time frig dancing

berryhog

Alabama, Arkansas, and Auburn.

mj4president

Alabama Crimson Tide, Auburn Tigers, and the Arkansas Razorbacks
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

hardluckrc

arkansas  alabama   auburn

Blutoblutarsky

Kenny Hawgins

those who are close to md, since he's already down to 3, does this mean there could be a decision made within a couple months??
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

pigz

You guys have a good time frig dancing

hog_fan

If Seatrunk(spelling goes with Bama then he goes elsewhere is what has said. It's looking more and more likely it will be Hogs. Thats why I say offer Mosley to help lock him down especially since he isn't a bad player himself.

jrmemphishog

Just out of curiosity, does it hurt having Wingo, Davis, Green, Johnson, and Curtis on campus? I would hate to lose Dyer but I wonder if he's looking at who we have and thinking he might have a better shot elsewhere. Repeat.....I want Dyer! Just curious.

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: jrmemphishog on March 25, 2009, 08:42:46 pm
Just out of curiosity, does it hurt having Wingo, Davis, Green, Johnson, and Curtis on campus? I would hate to lose Dyer but I wonder if he's looking at who we have and thinking he might have a better shot elsewhere. Repeat.....I want Dyer! Just curious.

;)

newera

I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

Bubba's Bruisers

I predict MD will be a Hog, and he'll commit before he begins his senior year.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

NWAREDBUG

That is a non issue.. He isn't worried about that.

mj4president

I think it's us and Auburn. I wouldn't be surprised to see him down there. The gus bus can recruit.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Steef

Quote from: NWAREDBUG on March 25, 2009, 09:33:11 pm

That is really good to hear. Thanks for sharing it.

Please tell him that all of Arkansas wants him to be a Hog. He's the best of our
State and we want him to help us be the best in the Nation.

We know he's got to look for his own future, but there's a bright one available to him in Fayetteville.

There will be competition wherever he goes.

Steef

Quote from: mj4president on March 25, 2009, 09:35:06 pm
I think it's us and Auburn. I wouldn't be surprised to see him down there. The gus bus can recruit.

As good as Gus is, they aren't ever gonna be a National Champion under their current head coach.

We are.

Hogbody

Quote from: NWAREDBUG on March 25, 2009, 09:33:11 pm
What is he worried about?

COCHISE

Nope, but I heard that Wingo, Davis, Green, Johnson, and Curtis are worried about Dyer committing.  ;)

NWAREDBUG

Nothing that I know of... He is just a kid who really enjoyed his visit to a big university.

The only thing I know that he is worried about is when is the next time he is going to get to eat at Burger King!! ;D

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: NWAREDBUG on March 25, 2009, 10:09:11 pm
Nothing that I know of... He is just a kid who really enjoyed his visit to a big university.

The only thing I know that he is worried about is when is the next time he is going to get to eat at Burger King!! ;D

burger king is the shiz. id commit to them on the spot :D

Hogbody

haha nice.

Well I've seen where a some Auburn fans are feeling really confident about this.

One of them said that Dyer stated he would be saving his last official visit for Auburn, because he wanted to save the best for last.

Not sure if that's true or not, but that's what the Auburn guy said.

HamShank

I'm betting he'll be down to three, then back up to a top five or six, then down, then up.  This thing is far from over.  He's said himself that he wants to commit late and "make a big deal out of it."*

*roller coaster included

COCHISE

Quote from: HamShank on March 25, 2009, 10:23:01 pm
I'm betting he'll be down to three, then back up to a top five or six, then down, then up.  This thing is far from over.  He's said himself that he wants to commit late and "make a big deal out of it."*

*roller coaster included
Here's my take, and nwaredbug may laugh at how far off I am, but I think he'll keep it around 3 just to keep the suspense up, but knows which school he will be committing to (Arkansas).  If he's not going to commit early, he's got to keep mentioning a couple of other schools along with Arkansas, even though he knows he won't be going to Bama or Auburn.  Again, just my optimistic opinion.

Hogbody

My take is that Dyer is still open.  We still have a lot of work to do to seal it up, but I hope we do it.

Pork Twain

March 25, 2009, 10:57:59 pm #25 Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 11:00:21 pm by BeoPig™
I agree that this is a non-issue because it is not like our roster is stacked and the other guys after him have nothing.

Bama
09 - Trent Richardson 5*
09 - Eddie Lacy 4*
07 - Demetrius Goode 4*
06 - Mike Ford 5*
06 - Terry Grant 4*

Arkansas
09 - Ronnie Wingo 4*
09 - Knile Davis 4*
08 - De'Anthony Curtis 4*
08 - Dennis Johnson 3*
07 - Broderick Green 4* (I know we got him this year)

Auburn
09 - Dontae Aycock 4*
09 - Reggie Hunt 3*
09 - Eric Smith 3*
08 - Onterrio McCalebb 4*
08 - Eric Smith 3*
07 - Enrique Davis 4*
07 - John Douglas 3*
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

z-pak

Quote from: BeoPig™ on March 25, 2009, 10:57:59 pm
I agree that this is a non-issue because it is not like our roster is stacked and the other guys after him have nothing.

Bama
09 - Trent Richardson 5*
09 - Eddie Lacy 4*
07 - Demetrius Goode 4*
06 - Mike Ford 5*
06 - Terry Grant 4*

Arkansas
09 - Ronnie Wingo 4*
09 - Knile Davis 4*
08 - Dennis Johnson 3*

Auburn
09 - Dontae Aycock 4*
09 - Reggie Hunt 3*
09 - Eric Smith 3*
08 - Eric Smith 3*
07 - Enrique Davis 4*
07 - John Douglas 3*
I'm pretty sure that Mike Ford doesn't play/ has never played for Bama. He's at South Florida I think.
Gentle Ben...sad

The hairy one can kiss my chicken skin.

Hogbody

Enrique Davis is at Ole Miss

Pork Twain

March 26, 2009, 03:43:33 am #28 Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 03:47:26 am by BeoPig™
I am just going by what Rivals has listed
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hawgsav1

Quote from: BeoPig™ on March 25, 2009, 10:57:59 pm

Bama
09 - Trent Richardson 5*
09 - Eddie Lacy 4*
07 - Demetrius Goode 4*
06 - Mike Ford 5*
06 - Terry Grant 4*

Arkansas
09 - Ronnie Wingo 4*
09 - Knile Davis 4*
08 - Dennis Johnson 3*

Auburn
09 - Dontae Aycock 4*
09 - Reggie Hunt 3*
09 - Eric Smith 3*
08 - Eric Smith 3*
07 - Enrique Davis 4*
07 - John Douglas 3*

Don't forget Upchurch at Bama and Mark Ingram as well.  They are 4* and 5* players respectively.  So really, the team with the weakest depth at that position (as rated by Rivals) is Auburn.  However, Dyer has already stated that competition is a non-issue.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

oldhawg

And that's all he should be worried about.

mhuff

Dyer told Arkansas fans to pray about it and it will happen. Not bad advice. I do not think he would have stated that if he were going elsewhere.

MJ2

Gus needs to point him to Ark since he will be the HC here during the last parts of Dyer's career.

mhuff

Dyer told Arkansas fans to pray about it and it will happen. Not bad advice. I do not think he would have stated that if he were going elsewhere.

Hogbody

Quote from: MJ2 on March 26, 2009, 07:39:01 am
Gus needs to point him to Ark since he will be the HC here during the last parts of Dyer's career.

bahahahah

Hawg Balling

I agree.  Word on the curb was that he wasn't happy that Wingo committed, and started taking a look at Alabama, but realized that they had two very good young backs in Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson.  He'd probably be much more of a lock for PT at Auburn than Bama, but I think he'll be a Hog. 

DoggtownHog

MD doesn't need to worry about Wingo. I'm still not sold on him(Wingo) being a great RB. He is a great athlete who played RB in HS, but I could see him maybe playing free safety. Who knows, he isn't even on campus yet. I hope he ends up being better than Dmac and that I'm completely wrong. But my insticts have me feeling like he will be moved. Dyer is a RB. Looks a lot like Barry Sanders when I watch him.
How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

cosmodrum

Quote from: MJ2 on March 26, 2009, 07:39:01 am

So did you start drinking early in the morning, or are you still hammered from a wild Wednesday?
Go away, batin'

NWAREDBUG

I want to say this one more time....

DYER ISN'T WORRIED ABOUT WHO IS AT RUNNING BACK AT ANY SCHOOL.

He has no reason to be.... if he is healthy he will start at any university he signs with immediately! If you want to bet I will gladly take your money  ;D

The Hogfather

Quote from: NWAREDBUG on March 26, 2009, 10:48:31 am
I want to say this one more time....

DYER ISN'T WORRIED ABOUT WHO IS AT RUNNING BACK AT ANY SCHOOL.

He has no reason to be.... if he is healthy he will start at any university he signs with immediately! If you want to bet I will gladly take your money  ;D

I'm not going to bet with you.  But, if I did, I'd say that he probably wouldn't start at Arkansas next year.  He might get early playing time.  You usually try to get elite talents like him on the field in some way.  But, I doubt he starts next year if he comes to the U of A.

MJ2

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 26, 2009, 10:43:13 am
So did you start drinking early in the morning, or are you still hammered from a wild Wednesday?

When it comes to drinking, exactly when is too early?   The "early" and the "late" seem to run together.

cosmodrum

Quote from: MJ2 on March 26, 2009, 11:29:15 am
When it comes to drinking, exactly when is too early?   The "early" and the "late" seem to run together.

If it's past 12:00, you can start drinking. AM/PM is irrelevant.
Go away, batin'

MJ2

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 26, 2009, 01:16:11 pm
If it's past 12:00, you can start drinking. AM/PM is irrelevant.

Now I know why clocks are round.......

Hog-Corleone

At least he isn't worried about Ice Cream at Sonic.  If he was, I'd say no chance.  Danny has that on lock down.
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

SDZ_Hog

Still waiting for the Yancy spin.

I hope he takes all the time in the world and then commits. I hate seeing decomits.

pigzwillrise

Quote from: 870 RZR on March 25, 2009, 10:03:27 pm
Nope, but I heard that Wingo, Davis, Green, Johnson, and Curtis are worried about Dyer committing.  ;)
if you think about it... green only has 2 years of eligiblity, right? and curtis and johnson are both good but neither have proved to be great yet.. then davis is a beast but i could see him being more like a lendale white (used most on short yardage downs), and how sure are we that wingo will be a RB? and why do so many people assume Wingo will redshirt?

cbjagman

While Michael has listed the three "A" schools as his current favorites, let's all keep in mind that this list to change at any time until signing day. I would think, however, the Hogs would have an excellent chance of staying on the list throughout.

AnthroHog

It's weird that on Dyer's profile on Rivals that Georgia Tech is the only school listed with high interest, yet they haven't offered him?

http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=72082&Sport=1

NWAREDBUG

Georgia Tech offered him Saturday

Steef

Quote from: NWAREDBUG on March 31, 2009, 01:33:08 am
Georgia Tech offered him Saturday

He's a 5*, 'real deal', #9 recruit in the nation, possible-franchise-making running back.

He's probably gonna get exactly 119 D1 offers. He'd get 120 if there were 120 schools.

I would be surprised if Ga.Tech DIDN'T offer him a schollie.

We've got competition for him. Just like he'll have competition for his position on any premium program's roster.

Hope we get him. Hope he's a Hog. But if he isn't, then Ga. Tech sounds good from a Hog perspective. We won't have to play against him and he won't ever have to score TD's against us.