Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oh Kiffin... making an impression on Florida players!

Started by wamplers, March 25, 2009, 03:59:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ChicoHog

March 26, 2009, 06:14:24 pm #51 Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 06:16:12 pm by ChicoHog
Quote from: PigParts on March 26, 2009, 07:43:07 am
In my book, Meyer fell a couple of notches on the respect-o-meter when he allowed his team to flub up against ole misses and the motho...
And they lost 4 games in 2007 with a ton of talent.  Unfortunately that talent is almost all back this year.  I hope they slip up a couple of times and lose to inferior players because no one has more talent than UF except USC.

The Hogfather

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 26, 2009, 05:07:31 pm
I belive you... (insert sarcasm) And I thought you said people in Arkansas didnt hate UT?

I know you don't believe me and I don't care.  I said that there are some that hate UT just because they are UT.  Just not as many as you and Realist think there are.  And I certainly am not one of those people.  I just happen to think you have 2 jokes leading your basketball and football teams.  That's all.

TomasPistola

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 26, 2009, 05:11:21 pm
Because many of them understand what Kiff is doing. Rick Neuhiesel even stated on ESPN that Kiff knows exactly what he is doing.

Boy, he's a barn-burner of a coach isn't he? 3 separate 10 win seasons on his resume. I bet he knows what he's talking about...

/sarcasm
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

ALLVOL

Quote from: TomasPistola on March 26, 2009, 08:37:25 pm
Boy, he's a barn-burner of a coach isn't he? 3 separate 10 win seasons on his resume. I bet he knows what he's talking about...

/sarcasm
He knows what Kiff is doing. Just because some fans of other schools are not smart enough to catch on doesnt make it not so. 

Sivad

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 26, 2009, 11:23:30 am
I thought I wanted him.  But, then I found out he's a complete cocky idiot.  Now I'm glad we didn't get him.
Oh, I would have danced a jig to get him at the time, but that would have been largely based on the pure joy of getting rid of "nutt" and replacing him with ANYBODY.
How we got so fortunate to get Petrino I will never fully understand, but will always be eternally grateful.

TomasPistola

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 26, 2009, 11:31:45 pm
He knows what Kiff is doing. Just because some fans of other schools are not smart enough to catch on doesnt make it not so. 

If he delivers wins, then you can say that. Until then, he's just a loudmouth.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Hogsnort

They just haven't had a shot of that kool-aid. It must be good.

The Hogfather

We understand what he is TRYING to do.  We just don't think it's going to work.

oldhawg

March 27, 2009, 08:18:58 am #59 Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 08:58:16 am by oldhawg
Quote from: ALLVOL on March 26, 2009, 05:11:21 pm
Because many of them understand what Kiff is doing. Rick Neuhiesel even stated on ESPN that Kiff knows exactly what he is doing.

The logic of your statement escapes me.  You're saying that many of the ESPN folks understand what Kiffin is doing; but you are also implying that they don't have a clue why Petrino left Atlanta?? 

Most reasonable folks can see that the Atlanta situation was a sewer for Petrino.  That is, most reasonable folks except ESPN and a few other sports jockeys.

Shorttimer

Quote from: Hawg Balling on March 25, 2009, 10:18:08 pm
I'm not so confident in the "young and in-experienced former NFL coach-pedigreed" college coach (See Mike Shula).  The NFL is a totally different ballgame from coaching at the collegiate level.  I've got a cousin who is a Bama alum (and hence, a crazy Bama fan), and he said that Shula's NFL regimen almost destroyed that team (i.e. voluntary weight lifting, non-existent discipline, hands-off coaching style).  Recruiting is one thing, but turning the talent into wins is another.  We'll see if Monte and Laney have what it takes, but I'm betting that they don't. 

Petrino is different because he made his bones in college, not the NFL.  That's good for us. 
Although he spent the better part of two years in the NFL, his pedigree as a college coach is actually more extensive. 

However, Kiff was easily the third or fourth best coach on staff at USC when he left there for the Raiders.

Do not fear the Kiff.

cosmodrum

Anybody else think that the handshake at the end of this game will be just a taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad bit uncomfortable?

Or maybe there won't be one.
Go away, batin'

felixjonesfan

It's a shame Tennessee's program has went so far downhill from what it used to be in the late 90's. Lane Kiffin? I hope Tennessee can become what it once was.

ALLVOL

Quote from: oldhawg on March 27, 2009, 08:18:58 am

The logic of your statement escapes me.  You're saying that many of the ESPN folks understand what Kiffin is doing; but you are also implying that they don't have a clue why Petrino left Atlanta?? 

Most reasonable folks can see that the Atlanta situation was a sewer for Petrino.  That is, most reasonable folks except ESPN and a few other sports jockeys.
I was implying nothing about Petrino.

ALLVOL

Quote from: TomasPistola on March 27, 2009, 02:13:48 am
If he delivers wins, then you can say that. Until then, he's just a loudmouth.
So far he has done everything he said he would do.
1. He said he would bring in a great coaching staff. Done
2. He said he would bring in top recruits. Done
3. He said he would bring fire back to the program. Done

I have said time and again that I expect 7-8 wins this season. But in time we will be very, very good again.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Shorttimer on March 27, 2009, 08:36:18 am
Although he spent the better part of two years in the NFL, his pedigree as a college coach is actually more extensive. 

However, Kiff was easily the third or fourth best coach on staff at USC when he left there for the Raiders.

Do not fear the Kiff.
That makes sense. I mean I guess thats why Carroll made him OC and Recruiting coodinator. Carroll is such a good coach I can see why he put him in those positions...

ALLVOL

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 27, 2009, 09:09:46 am
Anybody else think that the handshake at the end of this game will be just a taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad bit uncomfortable?

Or maybe there won't be one.
I wouldnt be surprised at all if there is no handshake. But I dont think either will have a problem with no handshake.

ALLVOL

Quote from: felixjonesfan on March 27, 2009, 09:14:01 am
It's a shame Tennessee's program has went so far downhill from what it used to be in the late 90's. Lane Kiffin? I hope Tennessee can become what it once was.
The shape the program fell under Coach Fulmer is why there is a new coach and I agree with you on that part. But I like the hire. My first choice was Butch Davis but so far Kiff has done exactly what he said he would do.

broken legs

it must be exhausting to spend most of your time defending your coach on hogville
Quote from: bigpigpimpin on June 06, 2009, 09:48:11 pm
today when Darr got the winning hit me and some buddies went nuts in my living room, and we even dogpiled in the floor. well, I ended up on bottom and my dog, who doesn't like anybody anyways, thought I was being attacked. so the dog rushes and bites my friend from behind right in the sack! he pissed all over himself and another guy whose face was right below his shorts. They get into a fight and end up shattering the front storm door on my house. After this we all just kind of stopped, as the wife was totally pissed. so we went outside and called the hogs. what a day! I just WPS!

ALLVOL

Quote from: broken legs on March 27, 2009, 09:53:55 am
it must be exhausting to spend most of your time defending your coach on hogville
Not really. Its kind of fun watching people make silly comments about something they know very little about. Like I said so far he has done everything he said he would do.

cosmodrum

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 27, 2009, 09:49:18 am
I wouldnt be surprised at all if there is no handshake. But I dont think either will have a problem with no handshake.

I'm actually curious to see if the bad blood between the two programs will spark a friendly brawl or two, by either players or fans.

And yeah, I doubt they'll have a problem not shaking after the game.
Go away, batin'

ALLVOL

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 27, 2009, 10:00:48 am
I'm actually curious to see if the bad blood between the two programs will spark a friendly brawl or two, by either players or fans.

And yeah, I doubt they'll have a problem not shaking after the game.
Who knows about the fighting. The Florida fans are pretty crappy. They are known for throwing cups filled with Miss at other fans. There is almost always a fight between fans at the Dump er I mean swamp.

HawgnCorona

March 27, 2009, 10:12:26 am #72 Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 10:14:49 am by HawgnCorona
Quote from: ALLVOL on March 27, 2009, 09:59:37 am
Not really. Its kind of fun watching people make silly comments about something they know very little about. Like I said so far he has done everything he said he would do.

And you are here to educate us, Right!? With your Phd in all things Kiffin and UT. Please spare us he rhetoric. . .
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

ALLVOL

Quote from: HawgnCorona on March 27, 2009, 10:12:26 am
And you are here to educate us, Right!? With your Phd in all things Kiffin and UT. Please spare us he rhetoric. . .
Per Joe Friday. "Just the facts"

oldhawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 27, 2009, 09:41:34 am
I was implying nothing about Petrino.

Your statement implies that ESPN folks know what they are talking about, which validates your comments about Kiffin. 

My reference to the Petrino situation points out that ESPN does not know what they are talking about (or they choose to follow their own agenda), ergo their comments about Kiffin (whatever they are) are just as unreliable and suspect.

It's all about credibility (or lack thereof).

ALLVOL

Quote from: oldhawg on March 27, 2009, 10:24:47 am

Your statement implies that ESPN folks know what they are talking about, which validates your comments about Kiffin. 

My reference to the Petrino situation points out that ESPN does not know what they are talking about (or they choose to follow their own agenda), ergo their comments about Kiffin (whatever they are) are just as unreliable and suspect.

It's all about credibility (or lack thereof).
They bashed Petrino (wrongly IMO) because of who ownes the Falcons. Home Depot is a major sponsor for ESPN. I have no doubt that played into it heavily. Hell, after all its business.

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

ALLVOL

Quote from: HawgnCorona on March 27, 2009, 10:35:30 am
Hasnt won anything -"thats a fact"
He has done everything so far that he said he would. Thats a fact.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 27, 2009, 10:48:11 am

Still dont translate to WINS. . ."thats a fact"

HawgnCorona

The Hogfather

Did he explicitly say that he was going to make himself look like an idiot?  Or, was that a covert operation?

Thanks in advance for your insight.  Us Hog fans have been dying to hear your side of things.  We all know you are about as unbiased as they come, regarding Kiffin and his ridiculous antics!

ALLVOL

Quote from: HawgnCorona on March 27, 2009, 10:50:57 am
Still dont translate to WINS. . ."thats a fact"
The season hasnt started has it? But getting great coaches/recruiters and top notch talent is a darned good start. That is a fact.

ALLVOL

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 27, 2009, 10:53:37 am
Did he explicitly say that he was going to make himself look like an idiot?  Or, was that a covert operation?

Thanks in advance for your insight.  Us Hog fans have been dying to hear your side of things.  We all know you are about as unbiased as they come, regarding Kiffin and his ridiculous antics!
Show me where Im wrong in my post.

As per you calling him an idiot. Your opinion of him means a lot less than the recruits who love him and the Vol fans who love him as well.

But I am waiting for you to show me where Im wrong.

ALLVOL

Quote from: HawgnCorona on March 27, 2009, 10:52:01 am
In the words of his old boss - "JUST WIN BABY"
Talk about an idiot. Al Davis is a true idiot. I hope DMAC can find a way to get away from that idiot.

The Hogfather

March 27, 2009, 10:58:11 am #84 Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 11:00:00 am by The Hogfather
Quote from: ALLVOL on March 27, 2009, 10:56:28 am
Show me where Im wrong in my post.

As per you calling him an idiot. Your opinion of him means a lot less than the recruits who love him and the Vol fans who love him as well.

But I am waiting for you to show me where Im wrong.

Didn't say you were wrong (yet), just supremely biased.  You will take the "Kiffin is a god" side of any disagreement regarding Kiffin (and his idiotic, childish antics).  That's all.

cosmodrum

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 27, 2009, 10:10:55 am
Who knows about the fighting. The Florida fans are pretty crappy. They are known for throwing cups filled with Miss at other fans. There is almost always a fight between fans at the Dump er I mean swamp.

LOL...it's funny you say that about UF fans. I have a buddy that was in the Gator Band in 1998 and told me that after the Vols won, a group of UT fans attacked the band - grabbing flutes and hitting girls, drummers were fighting off fans with drumsticks, kids were getting punched and thrown to the ground. Of course, I wasn't there, but my friend isn't a BSer. I believe him. Interestingly, he thought it was funny.
Go away, batin'

ALLVOL

March 27, 2009, 11:07:03 am #86 Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 11:11:35 am by ALLVOL
Quote from: The Hogfather on March 27, 2009, 10:58:11 am
Didn't say you were wrong (yet), just supremely biased.  You will take the "Kiffin is a god" side of any disagreement regarding Kiffin (and his idiotic, childish antics).  That's all.
I dont think he nor any man is a God. I think he is brash and cocky and that makes fans of other schools dislike him but he doesnt care. He is getting the recruits he wants and has a great coaching staff and as I said done everything he said he would do.
Hell most Hog fans hated Fulmer and he NEVER said anything.
And yes Im biased because Im a Vol fan. You are biased (wont admit it) because you dislike the Vols. You are also biased towards the Hogs because you are a Hog fan.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 27, 2009, 10:54:31 am
The season hasnt started has it? But getting great coaches/recruiters and top notch talent is a darned good start. That is a fact.

Then you shouldnt be spout off so much. . .until it starts. Dont care who has coaching or what he has recruited until you can win - you should CAP IT.

ALLVOL

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 27, 2009, 11:03:20 am
LOL...it's funny you say that about UF fans. I have a buddy that was in the Gator Band in 1998 and told me that after the Vols won, a group of UT fans attacked the band - grabbing flutes and hitting girls, drummers were fighting off fans with drumsticks, kids were getting punched and thrown to the ground. Of course, I wasn't there, but my friend isn't a BSer. I believe him. Interestingly, he thought it was funny.
Thats terrible IMO. I really like visiting with other fans and enjoy a good discussion with people who know sports. We dont have to agree but we can still get along be friends and have a good time.

ALLVOL

Quote from: HawgnCorona on March 27, 2009, 11:08:33 am
Then you shouldnt be spout off so much. . .until it starts. Dont care who has coaching or what he has recruited until you can win - you should CAP IT.
Not spouting off. Check my posts as all I did was put up facts. Your hatred of UT and our new coach is on you.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 27, 2009, 10:57:45 am
Talk about an idiot. Al Davis is a true idiot. I hope DMAC can find a way to get away from that idiot.

I agree with you here. . .but you still need to win!

cosmodrum

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 27, 2009, 11:08:51 am
Thats terrible IMO. I really like visiting with other fans and enjoy a good discussion with people who know sports. We dont have to agree but we can still get along be friends and have a good time.

Yeah, I agree. I mean, that story is almost unbelievable, but I trust the source. Again, I think it will be interesting to see if the two sides play nice given what stirring Kiffin has done to the pot. I hope nothing gets out of hand.
Go away, batin'

HawgnCorona

Has he said he's going to WIN?

The Hogfather

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 27, 2009, 11:07:03 am
I dont think he nor any man is a God. I think he is brash and cocky and that makes fans of other fans dislike him but he doesnt care. He is getting the recruits he wants and has a great coaching staff and as I said done everything he said he would do.
Hell most Hog fans hated Fulmer and he NEVER said anything.
And yes Im biased because Im a Vol fan. You are biased (wont admit it) because you dislike the Vols. You are also biased towards the Hogs because you are a Hog fan.

I won't admit that I hate or dislike the Vols because I don't.  I am biased towards the Hogs.  But, if Petrino was out there doing the things that Kiffin has done since he was hired at UT, I would be candid about the fact that I think his actions were embarrassing, idiotic, and immature (as well as cocky and brash).

I know you won't believe any of that and that's fine.  I don't believe for a second that you think all of these antics by Kiffin are what's best for UT or that you think he is simply being "cocky and brash", rather than idiotic and immature.

He hasn't proven anything as a head coach.  That's a fact.

ALLVOL

Quote from: HawgnCorona on March 27, 2009, 11:12:16 am
Has he said he's going to WIN?
Yes he has but he said it will take some time to get things going. But if you notice I said SO FAR. He hasnt won a game yet because the season hasnt started hence the statement SO FAR.

ALLVOL

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 27, 2009, 11:12:57 am
I won't admit that I hate or dislike the Vols because I don't.  I am biased towards the Hogs.  But, if Petrino was out there doing the things that Kiffin has done since he was hired at UT, I would be candid about the fact that I think his actions were embarrassing, idiotic, and immature (as well as cocky and brash).

I know you won't believe any of that and that's fine.  I don't believe for a second that you think all of these antics by Kiffin are what's best for UT or that you think he is simply being "cocky and brash", rather than idiotic and immature.

He hasn't proven anything as a head coach.  That's a fact.

Not true at all. Is it not the duty of a head coach to put together a staff and recruit? Only a dolt would say he hasnt done that so far very well. So try again. If you want to say he hasnt won a game yet in college as a head coach you can. But that is dumb to because the season hasnt started yet.

HawgnCorona

Then he hasnt really done anything SO FAR. . .so cap it until the season starts.

ALLVOL

Quote from: HawgnCorona on March 27, 2009, 11:21:30 am
Then he hasnt really done anything SO FAR. . .so cap it until the season starts.
1. He siad he would put together a great coaching staff. Done
2. He said he would get great players. Done

So as I stated he has done everything he said he would do SO FAR.

I know some of you will bash him when we go 7-8 wins this year. But that is exactly where we will finish and that will be a good start. 

HawgnCorona

March 27, 2009, 11:33:40 am #98 Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 11:42:04 am by HawgnCorona
Quote from: ALLVOL on March 27, 2009, 11:17:18 am
Not true at all. Is it not the duty of a head coach to put together a staff and recruit? Only a dolt would say he hasnt done that so far very well. So try again. If you want to say he hasnt won a game yet in college as a head coach you can. But that is dumb to because the season hasnt started yet.
No its not dumb, its being mentioned because you like your coach are speaking as though you have WON anything, yet. Is winning  the objective of the game? A good coaching staff and recruiting class is just that. No more than that. So until the season starts and you can WIN and prove that your HIGHLY PAID staff and talented recruits can produce  a return on your investment. . .perhaps you should cap it.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 27, 2009, 11:26:04 am
1. He siad he would put together a great coaching staff. Done
2. He said he would get great players. Done

So as I stated he has done everything he said he would do SO FAR.

I know some of you will bash him when we go 7-8 wins this year. But that is exactly where we will finish and that will be a good start. 

ok, we get your talking points. . .but none of that is worth much until you WIN. And as you so astutely pointed out - the season hasnt started yet.

Oh you can save yourself the disclaimer of how many you might win. . .do think anybody cares how many you win so long as we are one of them that you beat. However, how EXACTLY do you know how many you will WIN. Psychic arent very accurate. . .and frauds arent very fashionable these days.