Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oh Kiffin... making an impression on Florida players!

Started by wamplers, March 25, 2009, 03:59:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ALLVOL

Quote from: HawgnCorona on March 27, 2009, 11:33:40 am
No its not dumb, its being mentioned because you like your coaching are speaking as though you have WON anything, yet. Is winning  the objective of the game? A good coaching staff and recruiting class is just that. No more than that. So until the season starts and you can WIN and prove that your HIGHLY PAID staff and talented recruits can produce  a return on your investment. . .perhaps you should cap it.
No Im making a statement of fact. And putting together a staff and recruiting is part of a Hed Coaches job.
I guarantee you if BP had put together a top 10 class his first year or hell even this year you and all Hog fans (rightly so) would be excited. Now to say he hasnt won anything yet when the season hasnt even started yet is lame. He SO FAR has done everything he said he would do. I dont see why that is such a hard thing to grasp.
I will add this too. He has gotten into the heads of some other coaches in the SEC. Recruits are laughing at Florida right now because when they visited UF and toured their locker room they saw UT all over the place and they thought that was funny and sent UT coaches txt messages and even called while they were on the UF visit to tell the UT staff what they saw.

The Hogfather

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 27, 2009, 11:17:18 am
Not true at all. Is it not the duty of a head coach to put together a staff and recruit? Only a dolt would say he hasnt done that so far very well. So try again. If you want to say he hasnt won a game yet in college as a head coach you can. But that is dumb to because the season hasnt started yet.

Doesn't mean a thing if you can't win with that good staff and great recruits.  Period.  So, it is true.

HawgnCorona

Hahahaha, sir we are very happy with what CBP is doing. Will take our staff over UT. He has a very good class, but not because of ITS ranking, but because we know he can coach the talent he brings in. We have seen proof of that! On the other hand the only thing we have seen from you staff is talk.

No its not lame. Read my last post again, please ALLVOL. Prove yourself first we don't care who you have on staff or who you have recruited. If they don't prove themselves on the field YOUR fans will be call for his head. And with all the cage rattling I don't they will give him much time to do that. All of the talk and nothing to back it up will become an embarrassment.

Yes, I get the psychology part his game plan. But if it was all that great you would think he would have a few more recruits to verbally commit.

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

HawgnCorona

March 27, 2009, 12:04:39 pm #103 Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 12:06:13 pm by HawgnCorona
Quote from: The Hogfather on March 27, 2009, 11:45:08 am
Doesn't mean a thing if you can't win with that good staff and great recruits.  Period.  So, it is true.

yep. And thats a FACT - Jack!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

ALLVOL

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 27, 2009, 11:45:08 am

You said     "He hasn't proven anything as a head coach."  That is not true. Had you said he hasnt won a game yet then that would be true. But he has proven that he can put together a great staff and get great recruits. If you know anything about football you know getting those 2 things in order is a HUGE step in putting a winning program together. So yes he has proven something. Hes proven he can do the first things he needs to be successful. Now we have to wait and see how it turns out on the field. As I have stated I expect a 7-8 win season and that will be a very good start. 

ALLVOL

Quote from: HawgnCorona on March 27, 2009, 12:03:58 pm
Hahahaha, sir we are very happy with what CBP is doing. Will take our staff over UT. He has a very good class, but not because of ITS ranking, but because we know he can coach the talent he brings in. We have seen proof of that! On the other hand the only thing we have seen from you staff is talk.

No its not lame. Read my last post again, please ALLVOL. Prove yourself first we don't care who you have on staff or who you have recruited. If they don't prove themselves on the field YOUR fans will be call for his head. And with all the cage rattling I don't they will give him much time to do that. All of the talk and nothing to back it up will become an embarrassment.

Yes, I get the psychology part his game plan. But if it was all that great you would think he would have a few more recruits to verbally commit.

I agree that if he cant win we will call for his head just like any coach that roams our sidelines. But he will get some time. The fans will give him some time as long as we see progress and the players play hard. Remember he took over a 5-7 team.

If you check you will see there are som verbals already and something like 25 of the top 100 recruits from next year have UT on their list. I fully expect things to get even better.

The Hogfather

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 27, 2009, 12:06:20 pm
You said     "He hasn't proven anything as a head coach."  That is not true. Had you said he hasnt won a game yet then that would be true. But he has proven that he can put together a great staff and get great recruits. If you know anything about football you know getting those 2 things in order is a HUGE step in putting a winning program together. So yes he has proven something. Hes proven he can do the first things he needs to be successful. Now we have to wait and see how it turns out on the field. As I have stated I expect a 7-8 win season and that will be a very good start. 

Ok.  He's proven, to you, that he can put together a good staff and sign some elite recruits.

He hasn't proven that he can satisfy the main objective of the head coach of any football team, to WIN.

I'll believe it when I see it.  Until then, he's just a cocky, brash, idiotic, childish, immature, pot-stirring, unproven head coach.

ALLVOL

March 27, 2009, 12:20:36 pm #107 Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 12:24:53 pm by ALLVOL
Quote from: The Hogfather on March 27, 2009, 12:11:21 pm
Ok.  He's proven, to you, that he can put together a good staff and sign some elite recruits.
He hasn't proven that he can satisfy the main objective of the head coach of any football team, to WIN.

I'll believe it when I see it.  Until then, he's just a cocky, brash, idiotic, childish, immature, pot-stirring, unproven head coach.
I think anyone who isnt biased by hate would have to admit so far he has put together a great staff and recruiting class not just me. Rivals has his recruiting class at #8. But hey what do they know....

The Hogfather

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 27, 2009, 12:20:36 pm
I think anyone who isnt biased by hate would have to admit so far he has put together a great staff and recruiting staff. Rivals has his recruiting class at #8. But hey what do they know....

I have given him credit for those things.  However, a good head coach, those do not make him.

The Hogfather

He has good friends and family to put on his staff.  That's great.  Now win.

ALLVOL

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 27, 2009, 12:23:21 pm
He has good friends and family to put on his staff.  That's great.  Now win.
Belittle him all you want. He has done it. If you new anything most coaches hire who they know. Doesnt Bobby P have a relative on his staff? Just sayin...

wamplers

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 27, 2009, 08:09:40 am
We understand what he is TRYING to do.  We just don't think it's going to work.

haha +1

Can we start calling them "Cocky Top"?

The Hogfather

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 27, 2009, 12:26:37 pm
Belittle him all you want. He has done it. If you new anything most coaches hire who they know. Doesnt Bobby P have a relative on his staff? Just sayin...

Take my comment about friends and family however you want.  He has some good friends and family that agreed to be on his staff.

So does Bobby Petrino.  So what?

Bobby Petrino has proven that he can win as a head coach.  Kiffin hasn't.
Bobby Petrino acts like a professional, with class and dignity.  Kiffin doesn't.

All he has to do is win and nobody will care.

The Hogfather

March 27, 2009, 12:34:34 pm #113 Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 12:49:04 pm by The Hogfather
Quote from: wamplers on March 27, 2009, 12:31:59 pm
haha +1

Can we start calling them "Cocky Top"?

It's funny that he keeps trying to imply that we just can't comprehend the strategy that Kiffin is trying to implement at UT.

It's not as sneaky or intelligent as these Tenner fans think it is.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 27, 2009, 12:11:02 pm
I agree that if he cant win we will call for his head just like any coach that roams our sidelines. But he will get some time. The fans will give him some time as long as we see progress and the players play hard. Remember he took over a 5-7 team.

If you check you will see there are som verbals already and something like 25 of the top 100 recruits from next year have UT on their list. I fully expect things to get even better.

Yes, I know the record. . .but didnt UT fork over big $ for your staff? Yes, then the expectations would or should be to take the remnants of the 5-7 team and produce. But the kiss of death is in your expectations, and I quote, "I expect a 7-8 win season. . ." My point here is because your of high profile staff, and incoming top 10 talent your fans will not settle for anything less, the expectations are off the chart for your fan base. And throw on top of that all the talk and stuff he Kiffin is stirring he wont have awhole lot time to get it right.  JMHO!

Those 25 that are listing you dont translate into verbals let alone signing, but a good start nonetheless.

cbjagman

March 27, 2009, 01:56:21 pm #115 Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 01:59:53 pm by cbjagman
Quote from: wamplers on March 25, 2009, 03:59:23 pm
Maybe if he keeps this up, all Florida will want to do is beat Tennessee and forget about everyone else ;)

"First, I think it's a neat thing that Tennessee's logo is all over Florida's locker room" -Kiffin-

http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=9012698
Well if LK keeps it up then I do think that Florida will make an impression on UT-all over the players in the orange and white.
BTW I get the impression that for some reason Kiffin believes that he's somehow paid per word that he speaks or posts. Only HDN gets that priviledge.

ALLVOL

Quote from: HawgnCorona on March 27, 2009, 12:35:46 pm
Yes, I know the record. . .but didnt UT fork over big $ for your staff? Yes, then the expectations would or should be to take the remnants of the 5-7 team and produce. But the kiss of death is in your expectations, and I quote, "I expect a 7-8 win season. . ." My point here is because your of high profile staff, and incoming top 10 talent your fans will not settle for anything less, the expectations are off the chart for your fan base. And throw on top of that all the talk and stuff he Kiffin is stirring he wont have awhole lot time to get it right.  JMHO!

Those 25 that are listing you dont translate into verbals let alone signing, but a good start nonetheless.
Actually most fans I talk to and most Ive heard on the radio and read on the UT boards expect about the same. There are a few that are expecting more wins but all fan bases have those. Hell I remember last year there were some on this site who thought BP would win 10 games. But most thought it would be a tough season. So he has a ton of fan support. And per the $ for the coaches you are right. Kiff took less than he was offered if UT would match it to help with getting the staff in. That got him HUGE points with the BOT

TomasPistola

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 28, 2009, 10:05:52 am
Actually most fans I talk to and most Ive heard on the radio and read on the UT boards expect about the same. There are a few that are expecting more wins but all fan bases have those. Hell I remember last year there were some on this site who thought BP would win 10 games. But most thought it would be a tough season. So he has a ton of fan support. And per the $ for the coaches you are right. Kiff took less than he was offered if UT would match it to help with getting the staff in. That got him HUGE points with the BOT

I guess if you know you're a lousy coach you can take a little less money to get an awesome staff so that if you fail you can just fire them off one by one. Pretty smart move by Kiffykins. I wonder if the old man taught him that?
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: wamplers on March 25, 2009, 03:59:23 pm

"First, I think it's a neat thing that Tennessee's logo is all over Florida's locker room" -Kiffin-

It's not as "neat" as you think Lane.

"Cocky Top...you'll always be...one big loudmouth to me;
When ole Cocky Top plays Florida...then we'll see."

HogBreath

Quote from: hawg23 on March 25, 2009, 06:21:26 pm
Florida will KILL KILL KILL tennesee. I am looking forward to the game already!!
The Gators were already killing UT.  Kiffin is smart enough to see that, if someone is already kicking your ass, you might as well fight back.  Kiffin will get the Vols back on top, they might not ever depose the Gators, but hey, who can?  The Gators have pretty much all things clicking for them in today's world of big time college football. 

All of ya whining about Kiffin need to wake up, he knows exactly, EXACTLY, what he is doing.
Y'all do not.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Sivad

March 28, 2009, 04:04:21 pm #120 Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 04:10:57 pm by Sivad
I'm not so sure.

ALLVOL

Quote from: TomasPistola on March 28, 2009, 01:10:23 pm
I guess if you know you're a lousy coach you can take a little less money to get an awesome staff so that if you fail you can just fire them off one by one. Pretty smart move by Kiffykins. I wonder if the old man taught him that?
Yep thats it... Damn you figured it out...

ALLVOL

This is the first time in a LONG time that I have read a report like this about a VOLS spring practice.

http://blogs.knoxnews.com/knx/askgriff/2009/03/power_football_returns_to_ut.html

dddollars

TomasPistola

You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

OTTER

It's really quite simple.  Kiffin will be fired within 3 years, most likely after two.  If Vegas had odds on it, I'd place a bet.  His ego will get him eaten alive by Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina, and it will not matter who his assistants are.(they are good, not great hires).  So Tennessee will need to open their pocket books once again within three years and you can bank on that.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

ALLVOL

ALLVOL

Quote from: OTTER on March 28, 2009, 06:02:00 pm
It's really quite simple.  Kiffin will be fired within 3 years, most likely after two.  If Vegas had odds on it, I'd place a bet.  His ego will get him eaten alive by Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina, and it will not matter who his assistants are.(they are good, not great hires).  So Tennessee will need to open their pocket books once again within three years and you can bank on that.
Quote from: OTTER on March 28, 2009, 06:02:00 pm
Funny how most around the country say he put together a great staff. I think you are wrong on ur assumption.

TomasPistola

I think Kiffykins is a decent coach. I don't want you thinking that I think he's terrible Allvol. And I certainly apprecaite and applaud your enthusiasm. But be honest. The man has not proven any ability to be a successful head coach anywhere. His first head coaching job may have been in the dysfunctional world of Al Davis, but I think most people would agree that Kiffy mishandled the situation some too.

There is NO evidence to support the idea that Kiffy will be successful. But like many, I will be interested to see how he does. Surrounding himself with good Assistant coaches is a start, but if he doesn't prove successful early with his mouth running like it is, he's gonna look like a jackass.
You were right.
You did a great job.

OTTER

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 28, 2009, 06:05:31 pm
Funny how most around the country say he put together a great staff. I think you are wrong on ur assumption.
We will see.  I will say, hiring his dad was a great hire--the rest I consider good hires but he will fail under his own merits.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

ALLVOL

Quote from: TomasPistola on March 28, 2009, 06:30:41 pm
I think Kiffykins is a decent coach. I don't want you thinking that I think he's terrible Allvol. And I certainly apprecaite and applaud your enthusiasm. But be honest. The man has not proven any ability to be a successful head coach anywhere. His first head coaching job may have been in the dysfunctional world of Al Davis, but I think most people would agree that Kiffy mishandled the situation some too.

There is NO evidence to support the idea that Kiffy will be successful. But like many, I will be interested to see how he does. Surrounding himself with good Assistant coaches is a start, but if he doesn't prove successful early with his mouth running like it is, he's gonna look like a jackass.
Most UT fans see this coming season as a 7-8 win season. And you are correct that he has not won yet. But you are also correct in that he is off to a good start with his staff selection. I would add that the class he and his staff put together will help in years to come as well.

ALLVOL

Quote from: OTTER on March 28, 2009, 06:34:04 pm
We will see.  I will say, hiring his dad was a great hire--the rest I consider good hires but he will fail under his own merits.
Ed Orgeron is considered nation wide as a very top notch D line coach. He failed as a HC but was a great Dline coach at Miami and USC.

HuntingtonBeachHawg

Dammit!  I thought the board had agreed that any post involving Lane Kiffin would necessarily include a picture of his wife.  This thread is useless without said photo........

ALLVOL

Quote from: HuntingtonBeachHawg on March 29, 2009, 10:27:13 am
Dammit!  I thought the board had agreed that any post involving Lane Kiffin would necessarily include a picture of his wife.  This thread is useless without said photo........
Brother I agree!

razorbackmkh

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 28, 2009, 07:08:23 pm
Ed Orgeron is considered nation wide as a very top notch D line coach. He failed as a HC but was a great Dline coach at Miami and USC.

This I agree with, I believe Orgeron has put a great deal of players in the NFL. However, it is his recruiting prowess that makes him scary. Well that and the fact that he is one crazy Cajun. I just don't know if the chemistry will be there for that staff. A lot of egos. Orgeron would have done better to work under a more mature, self assured head coach like a Mack Brown. Kiffin and Coach O on the same staff without a Pete Carroll type coach is very unstable mix IMO. We shall see. I think it's best to table this topic until December, then we can see how "great" this staff really is.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

ALLVOL

Quote from: razorbackmkh on March 29, 2009, 11:48:51 am
This I agree with, I believe Orgeron has put a great deal of players in the NFL. However, it is his recruiting prowess that makes him scary. Well that and the fact that he is one crazy Cajun. I just don't know if the chemistry will be there for that staff. A lot of egos. Orgeron would have done better to work under a more mature, self assured head coach like a Mack Brown. Kiffin and Coach O on the same staff without a Pete Carroll type coach is very unstable mix IMO. We shall see. I think it's best to table this topic until December, then we can see how "great" this staff really is.
I can see that and it may happen. But as of now (I know its early) they seem so intent on thier job at hand and O seems very happy to be there. They opened up the practices to the public and its there for all to see. There seems to be no rumor of issues with the coaches.
But time will tell. I know myself and Vol fans are more excited than I can remember in a long time. 

Justifiable Hogicide

You have to wonder what his dad thinks about him running his mouth so much and just how excited Monte is to be back in the college game, from his looks, not so much.....

VolFan44

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 29, 2009, 01:22:40 pm
I can see that and it may happen. But as of now (I know its early) they seem so intent on thier job at hand and O seems very happy to be there. They opened up the practices to the public and its there for all to see. There seems to be no rumor of issues with the coaches.
But time will tell. I know myself and Vol fans are more excited than I can remember in a long time. 
Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on March 29, 2009, 03:09:33 pm
You have to wonder what his dad thinks about him running his mouth so much and just how excited Monte is to be back in the college game, from his looks, not so much.....
Really?
http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/mar/25/adams-monte-kiffin-loves-being-back-school/

VolFan44

I agree with some of what has been said on this thread. Even though we have a coach who has came out with guns a blazing (good or bad), Are we not in the same boat as a fan base? Petrino had some success at Louisville, but that really does not say much coming from Conference USA and a Big Conference who has not done much during the switch. I think Coach Petrino will do well at Arkansas. You have tremendous facilities and a great stadium. I was born and raised in Arkansas, but decided to attend UT for academic reasons. I like both teams and hate Florida. I just not sure why all the hate for Tennessee. All I hear is the win 10 years ago in Fayetteville and your team has upset some quality opponents since then.

ar_sports_talk

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 27, 2009, 10:48:11 am
He has done everything so far that he said he would. Thats a fact.

At least he's classy.  Who doesn't tell 18 year old kids that they'll end up pumping gas if they don't attend a certain college?
Need a good laugh?  Click below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVr8nvs6re0

TomasPistola

Quote from: VolFan44 on March 29, 2009, 07:56:55 pm
I agree with some of what has been said on this thread. Even though we have a coach who has came out with guns a blazing (good or bad), Are we not in the same boat as a fan base? Petrino had some success at Louisville, but that really does not say much coming from Conference USA and a Big Conference who has not done much during the switch. I think Coach Petrino will do well at Arkansas. You have tremendous facilities and a great stadium. I was born and raised in Arkansas, but decided to attend UT for academic reasons. I like both teams and hate Florida. I just not sure why all the hate for Tennessee. All I hear is the win 10 years ago in Fayetteville and your team has upset some quality opponents since then.

1998. You still owe us a National Championship.
You were right.
You did a great job.

VolFan44

Quote from: TomasPistola on March 29, 2009, 11:35:28 pm
Well..... Stoerner and the defense owes you a championship. The fumble allowed for a chance to win with over a minute to play, but remember the defense gave up 44 yards in 4 plays for the score. Not to mention you lost a couple of games after that and did not go to Atlanta. I had a couple of friends on that Arkansas team and they took that loss pretty hard. As for Clint, I saw him at a concert at Alltel Arena couple months back. Drunk as hell, but had three blondes following him around. Good Times.

VolFan44

Quote from: ar_sports_talk on March 29, 2009, 09:16:51 pm

At least he's classy.  Who doesn't tell 18 year old kids that they'll end up pumping gas if they don't attend a certain college?

Kiffin called the recruit out and the recruit even said he did not know where that came from.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: TomasPistola on March 29, 2009, 11:35:28 pm
Clint is the only Hogs football player to receive a championship ring.  Courtesy of Tennessee and Fulmer.  Tennessee purchased an extra ring for Clint.   ;)

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on March 30, 2009, 08:31:18 am
Clint is the only Hogs football player to receive a championship ring.  Courtesy of Tennessee and Fulmer.  Tennessee purchased an extra ring for Clint.   ;)

Should have bought one for Brandon Burlsworth instead since he tripped Clint causing him to fumble.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 30, 2009, 09:32:54 am
Should have bought one for Brandon Burlsworth instead since he tripped Clint causing him to fumble.

Clint tried to stop his fall with the football though.
You were right.
You did a great job.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: TomasPistola on March 30, 2009, 10:01:22 am
Clint tried to stop his fall with the football though.

Yes, in retrospect he should have just gone down and then we would have punted on 4th down.  If he hadn't been tripped, or if he could have regained his balance, we had an easy first down though and could have run the clock out.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 30, 2009, 10:06:41 am
Yes, in retrospect he should have just gone down and then we would have punted on 4th down.  If he hadn't been tripped, or if he could have regained his balance, we had an easy first down though and could have run the clock out.
Clint and Brandon botched an easy play so I don't think it would have been an easy first down.  We would have dropped the pass, over thrown and intercepted, etc.  It was not in the cards for us to win.  Bad Karma.

Hawg Balling

Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but why are there Tennessee fans posting on a Razorback forum?  I'm not going to go to Alabama's forums and see what they're saying about us.  Kind of ridiculous...