Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oh Kiffin... making an impression on Florida players!

Started by wamplers, March 25, 2009, 03:59:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wamplers

March 25, 2009, 03:59:23 pm Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 04:03:03 pm by wamplers
Maybe if he keeps this up, all Florida will want to do is beat Tennessee and forget about everyone else ;)

"First, I think it's a neat thing that Tennessee's logo is all over Florida's locker room" -Kiffin-

http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=9012698

TomasPistola

Kiffykins is writing checks his ass can't cover. He's still a season or two away from having anything close to a good team.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

wholehog92

Umm go Kiffin I guess.  If there was a team I would prefer to sneak up on, it would be National Champs returning most of their team.  I don't think I would have the fife and drum corps making a lot of racket to announce my plans.  I guess I'm just old fashion, but I prefer to put a product on the field and let others marvel.  This guy is yelling look at me before they ever step foot on a field under his direction.  I just don't think this will end well for him.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

FeralHogs

The Realist

It's not self absorption.  Listen to what he said on 1st Take today. 
It's about exposure for your program.  Kiffin has over half the SEC talking about him weekly.  People will say thats bad for now.  But it isn't for recruiting...which is where it all begins.  Recruits are hearing TN weekly on the national media.  They dont exactly take things the way die hard fans do of different schools...they are hearing TN mentioned with Florida weekly.  That does nothing but good things for recruiting.  Hell Kiffin had recruits calling him laughing about it after they visited Florida. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

Bigfoot

Urban Meyer is gonna beat the hell out of this guy!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The Realist on March 25, 2009, 05:53:45 pm
It's about exposure for your program.  Kiffin has over half the SEC talking about him weekly.  People will say thats bad for now.  But it isn't for recruiting...which is where it all begins.  Recruits are hearing TN weekly on the national media.  They dont exactly take things the way die hard fans do of different schools...they are hearing TN mentioned with Florida weekly.  That does nothing but good things for recruiting.  Hell Kiffin had recruits calling him laughing about it after they visited Florida. 

Bingo.

I'm confident the guy will be an excellent recruiter.  The obvious question will be coaching.  It'll be interesting to see if he's got the Ed Orgeron syndrom.  O can recruit, but he can't coach his way out of a paper bag.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawg23

Florida will KILL KILL KILL tennesee. I am looking forward to the game already!!
"Was like a full crowd scene at the food lines"

lovethosehogs

how many more days till football??? man i am ready.

The Hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on March 25, 2009, 06:17:55 pm
Bingo.

I'm confident the guy will be an excellent recruiter.  The obvious question will be coaching.  It'll be interesting to see if he's got the Ed Orgeron syndrom.  O can recruit, but he can't coach his way out of a paper bag.
With the staff he has assembled does he have to coach or just manage the coaches and let them do the work? 

O at head coach was not a head coach period.  As a D-line coach he is at home.  Only one responsibility.  Les Miles sure wanted him on his staff.

Remember daddy Kiffin is on the staff and has coached with some of the good ones.

If Tennessee is to have a good season the O has to improve.  The defense can only carry the team so far.  The Tennessee defense was number 3 nationally last year behind Bama, USC, and TCU.  They return most of their players on defense including Eric Berry.

Who will be the QB and can he play without turning the ball over?
Automatic RUN!

JethroB.

Well, I can't stand Florida but, on the other hand.  Kiffin is making a lot of waves already and I know any pub is good pub.  I predict Florida makes an example of them and I want to see it.  Guess i'll have to dvr it or somethin.

go hogues

It wouldn't have been worth it in the long run, but had we hired him last year, it would have been fun listening to him make verbal jabs at the dork. 
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Hogsnort

March 25, 2009, 06:44:19 pm #12 Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 06:49:50 pm by Hogsnort
Quote from: TomasPistola on March 25, 2009, 04:03:40 pm
Kiffykins is writing checks his ass can't cover.
+1
I believe he's acting a fool and it's HIS and UT's ass at stake.

rude1

I am wondering how many others are like me and hoping this loud mouth fails at TN.? I have always respected the Volunteer program, but this guys constant bumping of his gums in lieu of the fact he hasn't accomplished jack as a head coach is enough to want to watch him crash and burn.

Justifiable Hogicide

Does this loose lips rookie not realize he is eventually going to have to tee it up and actually play football games against these guys?

The Realist

"I love Coach Kiffin," Brown said. "A lot of people don't think Tennessee is going to turn around instantly. But that's what is going to happen. Coach Kiffin thinks it's going to be turned around by tomorrow. He's pushing his coaches. He's pushing his players. I think he has a lot of energy, and it's contagious."
That from Bryce Brown. 

Btw, Florida won 30-6 last year.  Tennessee held them to their lowest offensive point total of the season at 17...the rest were ST's and turnovers.  Monte will only improve that and they have talent...it just wasn't used properly. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

razorbackmkh

Florida, South Carolina (yes South Carolina) and Bama are going to crush the coon dogs this year. Man oh man. I think Kiffin is just writing a few checks his a$$ can't cash, regardless of negative attention being good attention.

I think he has yet to realize he is coaching in the S.E.Freaking.C.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

JethroB.

Quote from: razorbackmkh on March 25, 2009, 07:41:43 pm
Florida, South Carolina (yes South Carolina) and Bama are going to crush the coon dogs this year. Man oh man. I think Kiffin is just writing a few checks his a$$ can't cash, regardless of negative attention being good attention.

I agree, as much as I dislike SEC teams that we play or might play (unless they're playing OOC games) I am really wanting to see some of those guys put a beat down on TN.  It looks like Lane thinks he's gonna just walk right in and start winning right off the bat....

Hawghiggs

You can talk a lot of crap as long as you win,but if you lose it will destroy recruiting. This is why most coaches avoid talking smack about rivals and just try to promote thier school. If he loses next season it could very well open up more recruiting areas for us,not to mention what it will do for Kentucky,North Carolina,Virginia Tech. Which have been prime recruiting areas for Tennessee in the past. He could very well destroy his ability to recruit Georgia and Florida also. If he allows himself to become a laughing stock it will only hurt their program which is fine by me.

ChicoHog

Quote from: bigfoot on March 25, 2009, 06:00:14 pm
This will be a tough game to watch and who to root for.  Nobody i hate worse than UF and meyer but now UT and Kiffin are awful close. 

Hawg Balling

March 25, 2009, 10:18:08 pm #20 Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 10:19:39 pm by Hawg Balling
Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on March 25, 2009, 06:17:55 pm
Bingo.

I'm not so confident in the "young and in-experienced former NFL coach-pedigreed" college coach (See Mike Shula).  The NFL is a totally different ballgame from coaching at the collegiate level.  I've got a cousin who is a Bama alum (and hence, a crazy Bama fan), and he said that Shula's NFL regimen almost destroyed that team (i.e. voluntary weight lifting, non-existent discipline, hands-off coaching style).  Recruiting is one thing, but turning the talent into wins is another.  We'll see if Monte and Laney have what it takes, but I'm betting that they don't. 

Petrino is different because he made his bones in college, not the NFL.  That's good for us. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: hawg23 on March 25, 2009, 06:21:26 pm
Florida will KILL KILL KILL tennesee. I am looking forward to the game already!!

That might be the point.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: The Hog on March 25, 2009, 06:30:03 pm
The Tennessee defense was number 3 nationally last year behind Bama, USC, and TCU. 

How could they be third if they were behind three teams?  Were they tied with TCU?

Hogsnort

Lane Kiffin is young and IMO is making some choices that could haunt him but who knows what will happen? His dad is a proven coach. Their defense will be good and Tennessee will definitely be interesting to watch. One thing I do like about them is that coonhound and I hope they put it to Ole Miss.

Kenny Hawgins

he better win immediately then.  if he keeps talking crap but doesn't win, he'll be a joke.  it's all about timing.  can he win before recruiting takes a hit??
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

B-mark Hog

I think the best thing we can do is egg them on, maybe if they focus so much on slaughtering one another we can sneak one up on Florida and if Florida has already beaten Tenn and we beat Florida. . . well that might just help us get the publicity instead of either one of those teams. Woo Pig Sooie :razorback:
Live life to its' fullest because once it is over you have no second chance. I live life to the fullest by loving the times I get to spend as a Razorback. There is nothing better than looking out over the field and knowing that you are apart of one of the most unique colleges in all of America.

3kgthog

Recruits may not take what he says the way the media does, but I bet the parents of those recruits can see through his b.s. The guy is a punk.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: B-mark Hog on March 26, 2009, 02:33:17 am
I think the best thing we can do is egg them on, maybe if they focus so much on slaughtering one another we can sneak one up on Florida and if Florida has already beaten Tenn and we beat Florida. . . well that might just help us get the publicity instead of either one of those teams. Woo Pig Sooie :razorback:

I wouldn't count on that.  Urban Meyer is a master at getting his team ready for any game against any opponent.  He's probably one of the greatest coaches at the collegiate level right now (luckily we have one of them too).

GBoling5000

Quote from: Hawg Balling on March 26, 2009, 07:31:34 am
I wouldn't count on that.  Urban Meyer is a master at getting his team ready for any game against any opponent.  He's probably one of the greatest coaches at the collegiate level right now (luckily we have one of them too).

In my book, Meyer fell a couple of notches on the respect-o-meter when he allowed his team to flub up against ole misses and the motho...

Hawg Balling

Quote from: PigParts on March 26, 2009, 07:43:07 am
In my book, Meyer fell a couple of notches on the respect-o-meter when he allowed his team to flub up against ole misses and the motho...

Yeah I have to agree with that.  I think he's a great coach, but he's not the best playcaller in the world.  He does tend to get a little predictable with his playcalls, especially with that shotgun QB draw with Tim Tebow.  I personally think it's a stupid call for a 4th and 1 situation, because the QB has to run about 5 yards. 

The Hogfather

Quote from: rude1 on March 25, 2009, 06:57:59 pm
I am wondering how many others are like me and hoping this loud mouth fails at TN.? I have always respected the Volunteer program, but this guys constant bumping of his gums in lieu of the fact he hasn't accomplished jack as a head coach is enough to want to watch him crash and burn.

I feel exactly like you.  I have NEVER had a problem with Tennessee and never understood why Arkansans hated everything Tennessee, even after the "Stoernover".  But, this guy sucks as a person.  It just makes me want to cheer against him. 

Realist will probably chalk this up to me being jealous of Tennessee and their coach or an "irrational hatred" of everything Vol, but that is simply not true.  They just happen to have 2 of the biggest jacka$$es in the world coaching their basketball and football teams.

I have a feeling Kiffin will be gone in 5 or less years.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 25, 2009, 11:31:31 pm
How could they be third if they were behind three teams?  Were they tied with TCU?
They were tied for 3rd with the Bummers.

Rank   Name Games  Plays   Yds   Avg   TDs   Ydspgm   Record
3   Alabama      14   858   3689   4.30   25   263.50   12   2   0
3   Tennessee   12   776   3162   4.07   20   263.50     5   7   0

Not bad for a team that went 5 - 7 with absolutely no offensive passing game.  I don't know how many of the TDs were given up by the offense and how many more they gave the ball to the opponent inside their own 20.  I know Auburn scored on a fumble in the end zone and Vandy had a pick for a touchdown.  I wonder how many more the offense gave up or set up.

pitbull1

At least Florida plays Tenn before they play us.  They'll get all their aggression out on them and maybe over look us.  Chance for an upset....lol

old hog

I trust the business like approach of Petrino over the "pop off" attitude of Kiffin. Makes for entertaining news, though. Wonder if his team is taking this cocky attitude. Love to see them have to eat crow.

Hawg Balling

It's a head-scratcher that ESPN hates Petrino with a passion even though he's never said an emotional word off the field about anyone or any team, but Kiffin is popping off about every other team in the SEC and ESPN turns the other way. 

DEVIL DOG HOG

How soon some of you forget! Kiffin was the choice for the Arkansas HC job by a lot of the posters on Hogville.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

The Hogfather

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on March 26, 2009, 11:13:51 am
How soon some of you forget! Kiffin was the choice for the Arkansas HC job by a lot of the posters on Hogville.

I thought I wanted him.  But, then I found out he's a complete cocky idiot.  Now I'm glad we didn't get him.

oldfart

i will have to say that i was one of those who thought kiffin might be the person we needed.. but im sure glad to say that i am glad with our selection of petrino!!

Wild Bill Hog

Thank you for those words of humor from the Vol Network.  Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on March 26, 2009, 11:13:51 am

and NOT the choice of a lot of other posters on Hogville.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 25, 2009, 11:31:31 pm
tied with bammer

Dances With Hogs

They should get rid of this clown.
Quote from: wholehog92 on March 25, 2009, 04:10:38 pm
Umm go Kiffin I guess.  If there was a team I would prefer to sneak up on, it would be National Champs returning most of their team.  I don't think I would have the fife and drum corps making a lot of racket to announce my plans.  I guess I'm just old fashion, but I prefer to put a product on the field and let others marvel.  This guy is yelling look at me before they ever step foot on a field under his direction.  I just don't think this will end well for him.

ALLVOL

Quote from: bigfoot on March 25, 2009, 06:00:14 pm
Maybe, but it wont last long. I think Meyer the cry baby better get his shots in this year.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Hogsnort on March 25, 2009, 06:44:19 pm
+1
I believe he's acting a fool and it's HIS and UT's ass at stake.
We like it. This year maybe rough but in the long run we will be fine. This year I think 7-8 wins would be very good. Then it will go up from there.

ALLVOL

Quote from: razorbackmkh on March 25, 2009, 07:41:43 pm

They better get their beatings in this year. I expect a 7-8 win season. The beatings wont last long.

ALLVOL

Quote from: JethroB. on March 25, 2009, 08:39:40 pm
I agree, as much as I dislike SEC teams that we play or might play (unless they're playing OOC games) I am really wanting to see some of those guys put a beat down on TN.  It looks like Lane thinks he's gonna just walk right in and start winning right off the bat....
He is going to do pretty good his first year. Then things will start hopping.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Hawg Balling on March 25, 2009, 10:18:08 pm
I'm not so confident in the "young and in-experienced former NFL coach-pedigreed" college coach (See Mike Shula).  The NFL is a totally different ballgame from coaching at the collegiate level.  I've got a cousin who is a Bama alum (and hence, a crazy Bama fan), and he said that Shula's NFL regimen almost destroyed that team (i.e. voluntary weight lifting, non-existent discipline, hands-off coaching style).  Recruiting is one thing, but turning the talent into wins is another.  We'll see if Monte and Laney have what it takes, but I'm betting that they don't. 

Petrino is different because he made his bones in college, not the NFL.  That's good for us. 
There has been more intensity and hands on since Kiff got there. The players talk about how much more is expected of them and how much more intense the practices and workouts are.

ALLVOL

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 26, 2009, 03:10:00 am
Recruits may not take what he says the way the media does, but I bet the parents of those recruits can see through his b.s. The guy is a punk.
I guess you are right. I mean he only singed the #8 class this year in about 2 months worth of recruiting....

ALLVOL

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 26, 2009, 07:50:40 am
I feel exactly like you.  I have NEVER had a problem with Tennessee and never understood why Arkansans hated everything Tennessee, even after the "Stoernover".  But, this guy sucks as a person.  It just makes me want to cheer against him. 

Realist will probably chalk this up to me being jealous of Tennessee and their coach or an "irrational hatred" of everything Vol, but that is simply not true.  They just happen to have 2 of the biggest jacka$$es in the world coaching their basketball and football teams.

I have a feeling Kiffin will be gone in 5 or less years.
I belive you... (insert sarcasm) And I thought you said people in Arkansas didnt hate UT?

ALLVOL

Quote from: Hawg Balling on March 26, 2009, 08:34:28 am
It's a head-scratcher that ESPN hates Petrino with a passion even though he's never said an emotional word off the field about anyone or any team, but Kiffin is popping off about every other team in the SEC and ESPN turns the other way. 
Because many of them understand what Kiff is doing. Rick Neuhiesel even stated on ESPN that Kiff knows exactly what he is doing.