Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Memphis up by 20 with 14 min left in the game vs. Maryland

Started by HognotinMemphis, March 21, 2009, 03:47:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dougieritch

Apparently TigerinMemphis isn't man enough to come on the board and eat his crow after hyping up Memphis.

I'll Say it again...How may Championships does Memphis have?  How about Coach Cal, how many championship does he have?  Oh that's right...ZERO...maybe he should focus on free throw shooting, that would be a great starting point for next year's tear through Conference USA!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: dougieritch on March 26, 2009, 11:58:49 pm
Apparently TigerinMemphis isn't man enough to come on the board and eat his crow after hyping up Memphis.

I'll Say it again...How may Championships does Memphis have?  How about Coach Cal, how many championship does he have?  Oh that's right...ZERO...maybe he should focus on free throw shooting, that would be a great starting point for next year's tear through Conference USA!
I went to bed after the game ended at 11:15 rather than get on the internet like the rest of you dips. I'm here...I've always been here...I'll be here long after you are not.

Maybe Memphis should do a lot of things...like not allow the other team to bank in 3 pointers and hit 65 ft contested bombs at the buzzer. Missouri was on fire last night...there was no stopping them on that night. Good luck to Missouri the rest of the way. I hope they win it all.

As for Memphis, they had a great season. Sweet 16 for 4th year in a row. I wish the Hogs could get anywhere near that soon.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

The Hogfather

March 27, 2009, 07:55:26 am #52 Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 07:57:23 am by The Hogfather
Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 27, 2009, 07:41:32 am
I went to bed after the game ended at 11:15 rather than get on the internet like the rest of you dips. I'm here...I've always been here...I'll be here long after you are not.

Maybe Memphis should do a lot of things...like not allow the other team to bank in 3 pointers and hit 65 ft contested bombs at the buzzer. Missouri was on fire last night...there was no stopping them on that night. Good luck to Missouri the rest of the way. I hope they win it all.

As for Memphis, they had a great season. Sweet 16 for 4th year in a row. I wish the Hogs could get anywhere near that soon.

This isn't about the Hogs.  It's easy to make the Sweet 16 when you get an inflated seed, due to your gaudy record.  You have to beat a 16 or 15 and then an 8/9 or 7/10.  That's not that tough.

Ok.  Take away the banked 3 and the buzzer beater before half.  That leaves Missouri at 4-14 from 3 and a 5-point win.

They weren't on fire from 3 (they shot 6-16---37%).  They averaged 36% over the entire season.  They shot 53% from the field because Memphis didn't play any defense and Missouri got a lot of layups, dunks, and shots inside 10 feet.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 27, 2009, 07:55:26 am
This isn't about the Hogs.  It's easy to make the Sweet 16 when you get an inflated seed, due to your gaudy record.  You have to beat a 16 or 15 and then an 8/9 or 7/10.  That's not that tough.

Ok.  Take away the banked 3 and the buzzer beater before half.  That leaves Missouri at 4-14 from 3 and a 5-point win.

They weren't on fire from 3 (they shot 6-16---37%).  They averaged 36% over the entire season.  They shot 53% from the field because Memphis didn't play any defense and Missouri got a lot of layups, dunks, and shots inside 10 feet.
I thought Memphis had a cakewalk to the Elite Eight...that was so according to many here. You mean having to play a 3 seed should be an easy thing for a 2 seed?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

heathtits

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 27, 2009, 11:16:51 am
I thought Memphis had a cakewalk to the Elite Eight...that was so according to many here. You mean having to play a 3 seed should be an easy thing for a 2 seed?

Stupid me for not taking that bet.

Cal will never win on the biggest stage. Kharma will not allow it.

Mike got good Kharma, Cal got bad kharma.

The Hogfather

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 27, 2009, 11:16:51 am

Do you read what I post?  Or, are you too busy thinking how smart you are to respond to my comments?

I was simply talking about their road to the Sweet 16 being very easy (hence me saying that they only have to beat a 15/16 and then an 8/9 or 7/10).  Thus, the 4 straight Sweet 16s is not that impressive.

They benefit mightily from playing in a horribly weak conference that allows them to produce gaudy records and acquiring higher seeds (thus, an easier road) than they actually deserve.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 27, 2009, 11:41:58 am
Do you read what I post?  Or, are you too busy thinking how smart you are to respond to my comments?

I was simply talking about their road to the Sweet 16 being very easy (hence me saying that they only have to beat a 15/16 and then an 8/9 or 7/10).  Thus, the 4 straight Sweet 16s is not that impressive.

They benefit mightily from playing in a horribly weak conference that allows them to produce gaudy records and acquiring higher seeds (thus, an easier road) than they actually deserve.
Your posts are resembling a bunch of jibber jabber. I can't continue reading your posts.

rzrbackrob

HoginMemphis I give you credit for coming on the board and posting after your team laid an egg.
+1 to you
Good is the enemy of great