Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gundy says his famous "I'm 40" rant has helped recruiting

Started by The Phoenix, March 19, 2009, 02:20:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hogfather

The guy he was "defending" says the rant was a joke and fake.  Doesn't surprise me that it helped, but it really shouldn't have.

hawgsav1

Bobby Reid wasn't very happy about it.  I don't know who or waht to believe.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Hawgvillain

Gundy did that crap just to make a name for himself.  He knew he would be able to bring it up to parents later... "look at how I take care of my players."

Ask the player that he was defending how he feels about it - or his parents for that matter. 

Gundy is trash.

FSguy38

Quote from: hawgsav1 on March 19, 2009, 06:45:29 pm
Bobby Reid wasn't very happy about it.  I don't know who or waht to believe.

I'm no fan of Gundy, but Reid isn't any more credible than him.
Reid's whole problem with the rant boiled down to, he wasn't the starter anymore, so he didn't believe it.

Wooderson

Yeah Bobby Reid has been a problem anywhere he's went.  Even when he transferred there were problems.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Hog-Corleone

Just think of how good that would have been if he had ripped his shirt off while ranting. 
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Hawg Balling

I seem to remember him being on the hotseat that season, because I remember people saying that Nutt might leave us for his real alma mater.  He did it just to make a name for himself, and made himself look like an idiot in the process.  Never heard the word "downgrade" so much in my life. 

hawgsav1

Quote from: Hawg Balling on March 20, 2009, 09:28:45 pm
I seem to remember him being on the hotseat that season, because I remember people saying that Nutt might leave us for his real alma mater.  He did it just to make a name for himself, and made himself look like an idiot in the process.  Never heard the word "downgrade" so much in my life. 

I think a condescending remark towards the reporter or a nice string of curse words would do the trick.  A 2-3 minute rant was just over the top.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

felixjonesfan

ill respect a coach who stands up for me no matter what

i want my coach to get physically violent and scare the reporters into saying omg omg and stuff like that...yeah that sounds like a real coach

DeltaBoy

I enjoyed Gundy's Rant the reporter was out of line and got blasted!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

wholehog92

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 23, 2009, 10:30:32 am
I enjoyed Gundy's Rant the reporter was out of line and got blasted!

I agree with you Delta, I did think it was over the top, but I enjoyed it.  I also thought the reporter was the real pile of crap in the scenario.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

blunt_hawg

I don't know if it helped his recruiting or not, but any time I'm having a bad day, I pull up the Youtube video of this and it just perks me up...

BigSexyHog

Gundy is a wothless piece of dung.  Him and Hootie deserve each other.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Hawg Balling

Quote from: blunt_hawg on March 24, 2009, 06:50:52 am
I don't know if it helped his recruiting or not, but any time I'm having a bad day, I pull up the Youtube video of this and it just perks me up...

Don't forget that the reporter that he was ranting about and to was a woman.  Take that, gentility!