Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

this page can't be displayed

Started by Tyro3, May 02, 2017, 04:18:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyro3

I don't know if anyone else is seeing this but this website is the only one I ever see this happen, on average it seems to happen about every sixth click, it is pretty random, but when it happens it sits there and grinds for about 30 seconds and then says this page can't be displayed.

Lanny

Yes, I have noticed and I'm trying to find the problem
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Lanny

Let me know if you are having anymore problems

Al Bundy

Tyro3

Quote from: Lanny on May 03, 2017, 08:19:02 am
Let me know if you are having anymore problems

Ironically I just logged on and went to this subject and clicked and, up came this page can't be displayed.
It is not a deal breaker, just a minor annoyance.

Augustus

Lanny -  I've seen similar behavior... it always happen when I get to the homepage of the site, go to "Forums", and select a board (it doesn't matter which board, it's happens in MMQB, Jumpball, OmaHogs, politics)... it's always whateever the 1st thread I click on to view, that's when it always happens to me...

browser will churn & eventually time out.  While the browser is churning, if I click on a different thread to view, that thread will come up as expected.

The behavior somewhat reminds me of the traffic being load balanced to an app server in the VIP pool, that isn't available... and then subsequent traffic gets load balanced to an app server that is online.  I'm not suggesting that's the problem, just saying that's what the behavior reminds me of.

Lanny

Al Bundy

Tyro3

Lanny

Al Bundy

Lanny

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 22, 2017, 12:35:31 pm
Although I'm sure traffic here increases over the lunch hour, did want to say I'm seeing this now too.

FWIW: I had NOT seen this prior to today BUT previously I had several occasions where pages were slow to load (just never producing the page can't be displayed message).

If these two problems are related, then kindly ignore this but on the possibility this might help shed light on the issue I thought I'd share too.
It's grown over the past week.  It's a cache problem

Al Bundy

hawginbigd1

I don't have enough cash either ;) seriously every other click

Augustus

Quote from: Lanny on June 22, 2017, 01:15:06 pm
It's grown over the past week.  It's a cache problem

It must be nice to have a "cash" problem... (sigh)

;) ;) ;)

Lanny

Al Bundy

Tyro3

Quote from: Lanny on June 23, 2017, 11:08:55 pm
Fixed

Just spent 30 minutes on the forums and indeed it does appear to be gone!

Good job Lanny!!!!!!

Tyro3

Lanny

Al Bundy

Tyro3

Starting to get page can't  be displayed again.

Tyro3

Tyro3

Just had it happen 3 times in the first couple of minutes.

Tyro3

It is still happening on this site, and this is the only site that it occurs, so I think there is something going on, had this happen a few months ago and someone acknowledged that it was a problem and fixed it.

Lanny

Al Bundy

Tyro3

Doug

Tough it out for a couple more days... we've got a few things going on with the site itself (main site and forums) that will help us eliminate a few things as the problem child. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Tyro3

Quote from: Doug on August 18, 2018, 06:23:50 pm
Tough it out for a couple more days... we've got a few things going on with the site itself (main site and forums) that will help us eliminate a few things as the problem child. :)

I appreciate the effort, I am loving the changes in the website.

Doug

Trust me... I haven't even *begun* the changes to the site, yet. It's all being done behind the scenes, but should be launching (main site first, then the forums a couple days later) in the next day or two. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Tyro3

This is back worse than ever, just tried to post this and up popped this page can't be displayed. (ironic)

Lanny

Quote from: Tyro3 on September 01, 2018, 10:46:24 am
This is back worse than ever, just tried to post this and up popped this page can't be displayed. (ironic)
What browser are you using?

Al Bundy

Tyro3

Quote from: Lanny on September 04, 2018, 07:01:27 am
What browser are you using?

Internet explorer version 11.0.9600

when I tried to reply it took me to a different page.