Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Losing is one thing, this coaching staff is not competitive

Started by Lanny, October 22, 2017, 08:45:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

It's over for Bielema, no way he returns next season.  Not sure Arkansas will win a conference game, even Missouri is scoring lights out.

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Kevin

that is what I have said. we are not competitive in any phase of the game
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

WilsonHog

Lanny

Al Bundy

lilredheadedlady

I hope you're right, Lanny.  If Long lets him stay after this, I have no words.

Both Long and Bielema need to go.  What a disaster.
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

Pork Ranger

I beg to differ. We are sorta competitive for the first half

Sundog

Quote from: Lanny on October 22, 2017, 08:53:45 am
Bielema needs to call Realtors soon, he's out of here

Wishful thinking?  Betcha they give Bert 2018.  Hope I'm wrong.

elksnort

If he is allowed to return next season then clearly the University of Arkansas has decided that don't care about winning at football. And furthermore, have no pride.
Getting blasted every Saturday night on national tv surely can not be good for the University's overall brand.

chiefhawg

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on October 22, 2017, 08:54:34 am
I beg to differ. We are sorta competitive for the first half
That is the other team sizing us up for the kill in the second half.

Poker_hog

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 22, 2017, 08:49:45 am
The body is dead.

Let the autopsy begin.

Almost but not quite.  The path to 6 wins is still there. Long won't fire bert if he wins 4 out of the last 5. 
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

hogcard1964

Quote from: Lanny on October 22, 2017, 08:45:27 am
It's over for Bielema, no way he returns next season.  Not sure Arkansas will win a conference game, even Missouri is scoring lights out.

I agree, it wouldn't matter if he beats Ole Miss and Missouri.  He's gone.

grayhawg

Our last conference win was November last year, let that soak in.

SemperFi

If BB survives for another year maybe an all out revolt is what is needed to outst him and Long along with anyone that is in support of both men. Am I wrong that they are in fact State of Arkansas employees? This decision needs to be taken out of the hands of Long as he has no desire for the UA to put a winning football team on the field, but instead is more concerned about making us a mirror of Vandy.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

LJHOG

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: grayhawg on October 22, 2017, 09:00:28 am
Our last conference win was November last year, let that soak in.

How is Bielema still the coach.  Why isn't Long doing anything?
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

Torqued pork

No more lazy semi-interested CEO types, please. Arkansas is too tough of a job for that. Give me a hands-on workaholic.

ballz2thewall

i posted this in another thread and it's history at this point

but think back to the preseason media. cbb was not the darling as in years past. the demonstrative excuse is the birth of a child.

thinking back it seems prophetic. as stated in the other thread, it could be that mentally, he'd cashed in.

if true, and other than the obvious lackluster performance to date, i wonder what else may have been present to adjust his outward expression the way that it did.......
The rest of the frog.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Lanny on October 22, 2017, 08:53:45 am
Bielema needs to call Realtors soon, he's out of here

He ain't going this year unless He has had enough. Jeff won't fire him this year.

PRJ

elksnort

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 22, 2017, 09:47:22 am
He ain't going this year unless He has had enough. Jeff won't fire him this year.

PRJ
Answer this. Did Long tell you this or did you hear this from an intermediary?
Simple question and you will not be burning your source.

my3boneheads

I can't imagine the BOT allowing another year when ASU is making progress and going bowling each year.

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Dark Helmet Hog

There is no excuse to keep Bielema after this year. Doing so would be complete incompetence.

Lanny

Al Bundy

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: my3boneheads on October 22, 2017, 09:56:48 am
I can't imagine the BOT allowing another year when ASU is making progress and going bowling each year.

So we have more pressure because ASU is going to a bowl in Mobile or Montgomery?
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Lanny on October 22, 2017, 09:57:37 am
It's over

Hopefully the pro style offense is never at Arkansas again to go along with Bielema. I'm pro Mike Norvelle like most on here

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: elksnort on October 22, 2017, 09:53:45 am
Answer this. Did Long tell you this or did you hear this from an intermediary?
Simple question and you will not be burning your source.

Let me answer it this way. This will play out just like the Pelphrey situation.

You know I haven't heard it from Jeff.

PRJ

Duke of Swine

The team is playing like they know he's gone also......

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 22, 2017, 10:01:14 am

PRJ

That would be another reason Long needs to go too.

porkrindjimmy

hobhog

He has lost the fan base, and more importantly the team. I don't see how he survives...

Lanny

Al Bundy

TexArkHogFan

I used to be big Enos fan but now I'm not so sure.  Our play calling sucks in that we don't adjust to what the defense gives us.  That may be on the head coach.  We don't blitz enough and the penalties kill any hopes of keeping a drive going.  That is all on the coaching.  We need to clean house, top to bottom.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hobhog on October 22, 2017, 10:08:19 am
He has lost the fan base, and more importantly the team. I don't see how he survives...

He should want out.  Should have looked after the VT game.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Arthur pigby sellers.

You guys have no idea what JL is going to do because he's not going to show his hand until it's time to take action. You really think he would just go around telling people that CBB is dead man walking before he's fired. What good would that accomplish?  And what if CBB had turned around and beaten AUBBIE by 40 pts and then blown out every team for the rest of the season and in the bowl in similar fashion. Then the AD might have to rethink his decision about firing him which is much more difficult when you've told everyone he's already fired.

elksnort

If Long gives this guy another year then the U of A will have lost a great deal of respect from me and others.

Yeah Rice, you don't need to chime in on this. I already know your response.

ricepig

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 22, 2017, 09:58:24 am
So we have more pressure because ASU is going to a bowl in Mobile or Montgomery?

Yep, lol......

farmhawg

Quote from: Lanny on October 22, 2017, 10:08:19 am
Bielema's not coming back
Tgen let him go today. No sense in waiting and nothing to gain by having him infect the team further.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hawgfan4life

Lanny,

Exactly, what are you saying?  Your vague posts are leaving too many options on the table.

ricepig

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 22, 2017, 10:01:14 am

PRJ

Nope, less than 6 wins and he's gone, or so I heard last night. Of course, this was the same one saying 16 regular season wins over 2017-2018. Losing and being competitive, gives some hope, hope has gone out the door the past 3 weeks.

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 10:14:55 am
Nope, less than 6 wins and he's gone, or so I heard last night. Of course, this was the same one saying 16 regular season wins over 2017-2018. Losing and being competitive, gives some hope, hope has gone out the door the past 3 weeks.
Whatever you heard is probably correct. And you know he isn't winning that 16 game mark now.

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: Poker_hog on October 22, 2017, 08:59:53 am
Almost but not quite.  The path to 6 wins is still there. Long won't fire bert if he wins 4 out of the last 5.
Don't worry that ain't gonna happen.  LSU, Miss State and Missouri  are losses waiting to happen.  Probably Ole Miss as well.  The only win I can see is the cupcake.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

McKdaddy

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 10:14:55 am
Nope, less than 6 wins and he's gone, or so I heard last night. Of course, this was the same one saying 16 regular season wins over 2017-2018.

(crossing fingers)
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Hawgzinbowlz

CBB has checked out. The longer he remains the more long term damage we will see in the program and starting with recruiting. Recruits migrate to winners with the opposite towards losers. The lack of commitment to excellence is clear. At the start of the 3rd quarter the stadium looked like an hour before the spring game. I would have preferred that Jeff, "the negotiator", fire CBB before he entered the locker room tunnel. For the future of Razorback football CBB has to go. "GO HOGS"

Hogvillage Idiot

I agree with PRJ on this.  Its just how Long is.  However, if Brett goes winless in conference for the 2nd time in 5 years then I think it will probably be different.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The NewEra

Quote from: Lanny on October 22, 2017, 10:08:19 am
Bielema's not coming back

I don't see how it could be anything other than this.  Bielema hasn't thrown any life line for Long to save him.  I heard on one of the post game shows last night that several of those who committed to the Loge and Club seating are now backing away from their commitment based on whether Bret is back or not.

ricepig

Quote from: elksnort on October 22, 2017, 10:16:47 am
Whatever you heard is probably correct. And you know he isn't winning that 16 game mark now.

Never say "never".....

ricepig

Quote from: The NewEra on October 22, 2017, 10:27:11 am
I don't see how it could be anything other than this.  Bielema hasn't thrown any life line for Long to save him.  I heard on one of the post game shows last night that several of those who committed to the Loge and Club seating are now backing away from their commitment based on whether Bret is back or not.

Actually, selling the club seating is more important than the Loge seating, the Loge boxes will bring in about $1.2m, the club seating brings in $3m.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hawgfan4life on October 22, 2017, 10:14:39 am
Lanny,

Exactly, what are you saying?  Your vague posts are leaving too many options on the table.

No, Lanny's post are not vague at all. What's hard to understand about "It's over" and "Bielema's not coming back"?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 10:28:23 am
Never say "never".....
This is what my very idealistic grandmother used to say. Not bad advice, but I think this time it's okay to say never.