Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Hog Logo Disapeared Last Night — Who's Responsible?!

Started by Hoggish1, October 22, 2017, 08:12:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggish1

There was so much to complain about I don't know where to begin.  But let me start with the obvious:

Whose idea was it to make the iconic Hog logo almost impossible to see even on TeeVee?  If that was Nike, why are we OK with something as stupid as that???

I know a bunch of smart arses are going to say that's the least of our worries but SERIOUSLY—whose stupid idea was that?  Jeff Long needs to answer for that and pronto!

And don't come on here and say the idea was so nobody would know it was Arkansas playing out there...

JackTNHogfan

I think it was a good thing the hog logo was hard to see.  Maybe the TV viewers that Aubbie smoked Arkansas State and not Arkansas. 

gangstaback

I bet someone will say they looked good on the field.

But why was it not tested on TV? Are we that incompetent to only realize these things after the fact?

Hoggish1

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on October 22, 2017, 08:22:44 am
I think it was a good thing the hog logo was hard to see.  Maybe the TV viewers that Aubbie smoked Arkansas State and not Arkansas. 

Did you not read my post?  It's a serious question.  Were you not offended that the Hog logo was unrecognizable?  Who is responsible for such an affront?

Hoggish1

Quote from: gangstaback on October 22, 2017, 08:26:51 am

But why was it not tested on TV? Are we that incompetent to only realize these things after the fact?

Right!

What control do we exercise over Nike?  If this was their idea they should be fired immediately.  I don't see that kind of stupid graphic design perpetrated on other conference schools. 

Does Arkansas not have a say in any of what Nike wants to do or must we accept their idiocy?

JackTNHogfan

I'm more offended by the play on the field.  The uniform is irrelevant when the play on the field was high school level. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on October 22, 2017, 08:31:05 am
I'm more offended by the play on the field.  The uniform is irrelevant when the play on the field was high school level. 

Well, that's your business but you are using the play on the field to not answer the question. 

Imagine the play on the field was excellent.  Then answer the question about the logo.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 22, 2017, 08:32:56 am
Well, that's your business but you are using the play on the field to not answer the question. 

Imagine the play on the field was excellent.  Then answer the question about the logo.

If the play was excellent, this thread about the logo wouldn't be here.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Idahog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 22, 2017, 08:32:56 am

I'm thankful to sweet nascar loving baby jesus that the hog logo was hard to see.  Really hate such bad football being associated with Arkansas. 
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 22, 2017, 08:45:10 am

I doubt that. 

Everybody in Hog nation would be screaming about why the logo was dismissed.  It's just common sense that the logo is not to be treated like that regardless of the play on the field.

DoctorSusscrofa

Yawn. I didn't watch. It's no big deal. The Hogs aren't playing.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

The OTR

We spent all our uniform money on CBB's patch with his initials on it in his windbreaker.  In doing so we had to cut back on the size of the hog.   

You can't have it both ways even though some of you think you can

Dummies.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 22, 2017, 09:18:54 am
We spent all our uniform money on CBB's patch with his initials on it in his windbreaker.  In doing so we had to cut back on the size of the hog.   

Dummies.

Finally the voice of reason appears in an otherwise dreadful thread.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 22, 2017, 09:18:54 am

Dummies.

Classic post.  Will go down in the anals of history...

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Hogville's resident uniform designer.

HardCore

Get rid of Nike when the contract is up....PLEASE!  Move to Under Armor.  I cannot stand the way Nike tries to push programs to change their uniforms like Knight's beloved Ducks.  Plus, Oregon is our chief rival in track & field, so we are basically supporting their program by contracting with Nike.....all the while they protest every Walmart that even considers building a store in their precious little state.  Another Great decision by History's Greatest and most Respected AD.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

hobhog

I swear I heard a good loud crowd moan when they came out with those black uniforms. And the two Orange Bowl 78 honorees I spoke to about it just shook their heads.

Cardinal and White.

Hoggish1

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on October 22, 2017, 09:22:01 am
I'm not sure this team deserves to wear the hog logo

Well, that sure is classy.  I'm sure the team enjoys your support...

I continue to be amazed that nobody but me appeared to notice the out of the box slap in Hog nation's face.  And all anybody can say is something lame like I'm glad nobody knew it was us...

Who's responsible for such disrespect, Nike, Long, the You of A or a massive unified cluster frick of all of 'em...?

RedyorNot

Quote from: gangstaback on October 22, 2017, 08:26:51 am

They looked good on the field. The logo had a nice, electric blue shimmer when the lights hit it just right...

LRRandy

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 22, 2017, 09:21:11 am
wrong forum. That which shall not be named is more appropriate.

I don't like the alternative uniforms as much as my college age boys do. Generational thing I guess. Was the logo more visible from the stands? A contrasting color hog would have been much better. I don't think it's slap to the Razorbacks as much as it is uniform experimentation run amok and getting it wrong.
This is fun, isn't it.

jswineberiaskirk

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 22, 2017, 09:21:11 am

Annals as well; but I think I see what you did there

Qbackinman

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 22, 2017, 08:45:10 am
Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 22, 2017, 09:15:10 am
I doubt that. 

Nope I said it when the game started. "You can't even see the Hogs on the helmets!" Wear the proper uniform!!!

Everybody in Hog nation would be screaming about why the logo was dismissed.  It's just common sense that the logo is not to be treated like that regardless of the play on the field.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 22, 2017, 09:26:21 am
Well, that sure is classy.  I'm sure the team enjoys your support...

I continue to be amazed that nobody but me appeared to notice the out of the box slap in Hog nation's face.  And all anybody can say is something lame like I'm glad nobody knew it was us...

Who's responsible for such disrespect, Nike, Long, the You of A or a massive unified cluster frick of all of 'em...?

Ever thought about just calling Jeff Long's office & asking?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hoggish1

Quote from: LRRandy on October 22, 2017, 09:30:13 am
A contrasting color hog would have been much better. I don't think it's slap to the Razorbacks as much as it is uniform experimentation run amok and getting it wrong.

That's my fundamental question.  Who's responsible for such stuff.  Do they not check out if it can be seen on TeeVee (I'm sure there are ways to do that) or do they just throw stuff against the wall, during the week, and wait till Sunday to see if it stuck...?

Hoggish1

hogcard1964

Awful uniforms.  Worse than the Boise St. lookalikes.

woodhog14

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 22, 2017, 08:12:09 am
There was so much to complain about I don't know where to begin.  But let me start with the obvious:

Whose idea was it to make the iconic Hog logo almost impossible to see even on TeeVee?  If that was Nike, why are we OK with something as stupid as that???

I know a bunch of smart arses are going to say that's the least of our worries but SERIOUSLY—whose stupid idea was that?  Jeff Long needs to answer for that and pronto!

And don't come on here and say the idea was so nobody would know it was Arkansas playing out there...

You do know that those were the EXACT same helmets and uniforms we wore against Florida last year right? Where were you last year complaining?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 22, 2017, 09:34:44 am
That's my fundamental question.  Who's responsible for such stuff.  Do they not check out if it can be seen on TeeVee (I'm sure there are ways to do that) or do they just throw stuff against the wall, during the week, and wait till Sunday to see if it stuck...?

After you call JL tomorrow morning, will you please come back and share their response? We'd love to hear it. 🙄
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hoggish1

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 22, 2017, 09:34:07 am
Ever thought about just calling Jeff Long's office & asking?

I'll dial the number and see if anybody there has a clue...

Hoggish1

Quote from: woodhog14 on October 22, 2017, 09:39:55 am
You do know that those were the EXACT same helmets and uniforms we wore against Florida last year right? Where were you last year complaining?

Uh, maybe because it was a day game? 

That design/color scheme does not work at night.  But I guess that's not relevant to the powers that be.

010HogFan

Quote from: HardCore on October 22, 2017, 09:22:55 am
Get rid of Nike when the contract is up....PLEASE!  Move to Under Armor.  I cannot stand the way Nike tries to push programs to change their uniforms like Knight's beloved Ducks.  Plus, Oregon is our chief rival in track & field, so we are basically supporting their program by contracting with Nike.....all the while they protest every Walmart that even considers building a store in their precious little state.  Another Great decision by History's Greatest and most Respected AD.

No! Under Armour is terrible. That would be worse than switching to Pepsi.

Redhogs

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 22, 2017, 09:39:01 am
Awful uniforms.  Worse than the Boise St. lookalikes.
Agreed...thought I was watching Okie ST.  no wait....they win their games.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Hoggish1

Quote from: HardCore on October 22, 2017, 09:22:55 am

HardCore, thanks for taking this seriously.  I agree.  Nike has pushed stupid on us before and did it again last night.

I will note that Bama is supplied by Nike but they don't mess with them.

I'm guessing they have a style they don't allow anybody to mess with. 

This is on Jeff Long! (among many other things...)

From Tusk Till Dawn

I was at a halloween party, lots of people and the game on in the background.  Several people (casual fans unfamiliar with anthracite) thought the Hogs were auburn because the score ticker on tv had Auburn on a blue background.  Every ten mins someone would say why is auburn wearing gray...

RedRock

It's a freaking uniform.  We are losing by double digits every week and there are people out there complaining of a uniform?  Please stop looking like fools.

010HogFan

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 22, 2017, 09:52:20 am
HardCore, thanks for taking this seriously.  I agree.  Nike has pushed stupid on us before and did it again last night.

I will note that Bama is supplied by Nike but they don't mess with them.

I'm guessing they have a style they don't allow anybody to mess with. 

This is on Jeff Long! (among many other things...)

There's plenty of reasons to be angry with Jeff Long, but signing with Nike isn't one of them......

SchrodingersHog

White pants with red stripe, white jerseys with red numerals, red jerseys with white numerals, red helmets.  Arkansas tradition.

If players and recruits don't like the look, let them go somewhere else.  If they need the "look good, play good" approach, they don't belong here.  If they can't give 100% in the traditional uniforms, they are prima donnas.  Feeding their egos will not foster pride in their team or school. 

We are losing the soul of this program, bit by bit, and we wonder why the team doesn't show mental toughness. 

HoggyCat

Oh come on. I hate this regime as much as anyone. It was a freak thing. The chrome hog reflecting the light of the big video board made it look that way. I even asked if it was a blue hog. There's enough to bitch about without having to use something as trivial as this.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Hoggish1

Quote from: RedRock on October 22, 2017, 09:57:28 am
It's a freaking uniform.  We are losing by double digits every week and there are people out there complaining of a uniform?  Please stop looking like fools.

I started this and it wasn't about the uniform.  It was about the Hog logo on the helmet.  Try to pay attention.

Hoggish1

Quote from: 010HogFan on October 22, 2017, 09:58:42 am
There's plenty of reasons to be angry with Jeff Long, but signing with Nike isn't one of them......

No it isn't.  you are right.  My issue is allowing Nike to call the shots without knowing what the result will be.  Bama is a Nike school but I don't see them allowing Nike to go wild with their brand.

Hoggish1

Quote from: SchrodingersHog on October 22, 2017, 10:11:57 am
White pants with red stripe, white jerseys with red numerals, red jerseys with white numerals, red helmets.  Arkansas tradition.

If players and recruits don't like the look, let them go somewhere else.  If they need the "look good, play good" approach, they don't belong here.  If they can't give 100% in the traditional uniforms, they are prima donnas.  Feeding their egos will not foster pride in their team or school. 

We are losing the soul of this program, bit by bit, and we wonder why the team doesn't show mental toughness. 

Brilliant.  Thank you! 

The way I see it, we don't have a spine about the most obviously important things.  The big picture is made up of a lot of small things that we seem not to understand are important to the whole.

hobhog

Quote from: RedRock on October 22, 2017, 09:57:28 am

See what happens when you where a clown suit to work tomorrow.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 22, 2017, 10:17:17 am
I started this and it wasn't about the uniform.  It was about the Hog logo on the helmet.  Try to pay attention.
Ya I should have been more clear, the anthracite uni's, along with not really being able to distinguish the hog, combined with the ticker background is what caused initial confusion for people that wasnt watching the game.  I agree the hog logo should always be front and center.  And for the other posters, its a free country and can talk about whatever we want, if you dont care for the subject move along...

3kgthog

I'm not sure why we can't just make an alternate cardinal uniform and an alternate white uniform. Use the chrome red helmets and change up the jerseys and pants. Why anthracite? No one is buying those things at the store. Look at the little kids running around. Nearly all cardinal jerseys.

If it's for the recruits and players, tell them to get over it. It's not helping recruiting or winning. It should be like that scene from A League of Their Own when the girls are told, "If you can't play ball in this, you can't play ball with us."

Ex-Trumpet

I liked the uni's, even the helmet.

The fact you couldn't see the hog was brilliant in hindsight.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

100%Razorback

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

JackTNHogfan

East Clintwood

Quote from: hobhog on October 22, 2017, 09:24:17 am
I swear I heard a good loud crowd moan when they came out with those black uniforms. And the two Orange Bowl 78 honorees I spoke to about it just shook their heads.

Cardinal and White.

No.  Those aren't our colors anymore.

We signed over the rights to our colors to Nike when we signed with them.  They tell us what our colors are and what uniforms we have to wear. 

Jeffy did it.  Just like when he killed Slobberin Hog.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Vantage 8 dude

Perhaps AWbarn took it with them to the pig roast last night.