Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here's an interesting thought on Coastal Carolina attendance

Started by depressed_fan, October 22, 2017, 07:30:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

depressed_fan

If we lose this game in Oxford this week, what will be the attendance for that game? Is it possible the stands will be 50% empty?

Most likely we will lose bad at LSU. What will be the attendance for the final 2 games? If we lose to Mississippi state which is possible, is the Thanksgiving Missouri game below 50% capacity?

This is so scary. This is so awful

ricepig

jst01

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 07:36:48 am
Do you normally attend the games?

What's that have to do with his question? Either give your opinion or avoid the post.

I think the remaining home games will be around 50k give or take a few.

pigz

You guys have a good time frig dancing

ricepig

Quote from: jst01 on October 22, 2017, 07:43:45 am
What's that have to do with his question? Either give your opinion or avoid the post.

It has a lot to do with it, if he's a season ticket holder and not going, then it actually would effect attendance, if he's just watching on TV and saying "it's awful", then he doesn't have any room to complain.

As to the question, too many variables.

dagnamit

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 07:50:40 am
It has a lot to do with it, if he's a season ticket holder and not going, then it actually would effect attendance, if he's just watching on TV and saying "it's awful", then he doesn't have any room to complain.

Time to say Uncle and save some miles and go to an ASU game RP. Even the U of M fan never thought it would be this bad on the Hill. One good thing is the uniforms that the Hogs wear. It is almost like it is not the Hogs getting pounded on the tube week in and week out. Maybe they can pull out the orange uniforms and pretend they are Tenn. next week.

ricepig

Quote from: dagnamit on October 22, 2017, 07:59:35 am
Time to say Uncle and save some miles and go to an ASU game RP. Even the U of M fan never thought it would be this bad on the Hill. One good thing is the uniforms that the Hogs wear. It is almost like it is not the Hogs getting pounded on the tube week in and week out. Maybe they can pull out the orange uniforms and pretend they are Tenn. next week.

Why would we want to be Tenn, Bama beat them worse then they did us? Unlike you, I don't have a flavor of the month team.....

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 07:50:40 am

So you have to go to the games to comment on how horrible attendance is?

Interesting theory.

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on October 22, 2017, 08:06:54 am
So you have to go to the games to comment on how horrible attendance is?

Interesting theory.

No, you can comment all you wish, it's just hallow.....

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 08:09:58 am
No, you can comment all you wish, it's just hallow.....

Hallow or factual.

Doesn't matter I guess.

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on October 22, 2017, 08:10:46 am
Hallow or factual.

Doesn't matter I guess.

Well, if one doesn't care enough to attend games, then one shouldn't care what the attendance may or may not be, correct?

WilsonHog

On the walk back to my truck last night, I overheard an elderly gentleman and his wife who were walking behind me talking about putting their remaining tickets for this season on the Razorback Ticket Exchange. May be a lot of that.

I'm coming to the State and Missouri games because we're bringing family with us. If I come to the Coastal game, it'll be because their is a basketball game on Friday night.

We're no longer even competitive.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 08:14:39 am
Well, if one doesn't care enough to attend games, then one shouldn't care what the attendance may or may not be, correct?

I never care about the attendance.

However, I do laugh my head off when the stadium is bare starting of the 3rd quarter.

ricepig

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 22, 2017, 08:15:04 am
On the walk back to my truck last night, I overheard an elderly gentleman and his wife who were walking behind me talking about putting their remaining tickets for this season on the Razorback Ticket Exchange. May be a lot of that.

I'm coming to the State and Missouri games because we're bringing family with us. If I come to the Coastal game, it'll be because their is a basketball game on Friday night.

We're no longer even competitive.

Nope, we're not very good, and I suspect there will be a change after the season. As to the remaining games, I'll miss the Coastal game as my youngest is in a good tournament that weekend in Memphis, but I'll be at the rest.

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on October 22, 2017, 08:17:03 am
I never care about the attendance.

However, I do laugh my head off when the stadium is bare starting of the 3rd quarter.
Bare at the start of the third?

depressed_fan

No I don't but I'm just as big of a fan as anyone, at least in my own mind. And I have a question I wanted to ask to anyone but before I ask I'll say this. I'm just not good with sitting with big crowds. I'm claustrophobic I guess. I'm also dirt poor and can't really afford to go. But I went to Nutt's last game in Little Rock vs Mississippi State because I was offered free tickets. At the time I felt like we were watching the glory days and the glory days were coming to and end so I wanted to see it in person.

My question is a little bit off topic but what does one get at this point out of going to these games? Is it a bonding moment for you and the person you go with? your child , your family your S.O your buddy? Does it just get you out of the house on your day off work and give you something to do? Do you just like to mingle with the crowd or people watch, regardless of the product on the field? Do you go to try to make new friends right now? I don't understand how fans are sitting through that misery unless there's another motive.  Is it a matter of you feel it's your obligation to support the players regardless of the result? Are you going thinking there's a chance they'll win the game?

ricepig

Quote from: depressed_fan on October 22, 2017, 08:21:13 am
No I don't but I'm just as big of a fan as anyone, at least in my own mind. And I have a question I wanted to ask to anyone but before I ask I'll say this. I'm just not good with sitting with big crowds. I'm claustrophobic I guess. I'm also dirt poor and can't really afford to go. But I went to Nutt's last game in Little Rock vs Mississippi State because I was offered free tickets. At the time I felt like we were watching the glory days and the glory days were coming to and end so I wanted to see it in person.

My question is a little bit off topic but what does one get at this point out of going to these games? Is it a bonding moment for you and the person you go with? your child , your family your S.O your buddy? Does it just get you out of the house on your day off work and give you something to do? Do you just like to mingle with the crowd or people watch, regardless of the product on the field? Do you go to try to make new friends right now? I don't understand how fans are sitting through that misery unless there's another motive.  Is it a matter of you feel it's your obligation to support the players regardless of the result? Are you going thinking there's a chance they'll win the game?

I go because the eternal "fan" in me always thinks/hopes we can pull out a win, been that way since 1967. I go because it has been a great bonding experience between my Dad and I in the late 60's, my college years, and the time taking my kids to the games. I go because I enjoy getting back on campus, seeing friends, and my kids who are/have been students.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 08:20:26 am
Bare at the start of the third?

The pictures they were being sent to me....the crowd started flooding out.

WilsonHog

Quote from: AP85 on October 22, 2017, 08:27:46 am

Once it hit 31-6, at about the 12:30 mark of the 3rd, yes.

dagnamit

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 08:05:09 am
Why would we want to be Tenn, Bama beat them worse then they did us? Unlike you, I don't have a flavor of the month team.....
So, this is what it has come down to - Bama beat Tenn. worse.

Yea, I am fortunate in that I really don't care about a team that much. If they win they win if they loose they loose. Today I am more concerned about my fantasy football team.

Back to topic. I would definitely go to the Coastal Carolina game. Much more fun beating the crap out of somebody on gamed day. Long should have the team wear recognizable Razorback Uniforms that day.

Hope the family is doing well RP. Things are good around my place.

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on October 22, 2017, 08:27:46 am

I guess you mean during the third quarter, the second half kickoff is the start to me.

AirWarren

ricepig

Quote from: dagnamit on October 22, 2017, 08:29:42 am
So, this is what it has come down to - Bama beat Tenn. worse.

Yea, I am fortunate in that I really don't care about a team that much. If they win they win if they loose they loose. Today I am more concerned about my fantasy football team.

Back to topic. I would definitely go to the Coastal Carolina game. Much more fun beating the crap out of somebody on gamed day. Long should have the team wear recognizable Razorback Uniforms that day.

Hope the family is doing well RP. Things are good around my place.

Things are great, and glad all is well your way. You may need to get back on the Blue Devils wagon, they have some talent, may get to WMS  this year.

ricepig

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 22, 2017, 08:29:00 am
Once it hit 31-6, at about the 12:30 mark of the 3rd, yes.

No doubt Happy Trails started playing after Auburn scored right out of the gate. We only stuck around after another TD, the weather was the factor.

dagnamit

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 08:34:44 am
Things are great, and glad all is well your way. You may need to get back on the Blue Devils wagon, they have some talent, may get to WMS  this year.
Well, I think I am going to have to be a Collierville Dragon since that is where the Grand Kids are.

Bigmac2

For some of us fans who have bought season tickets for years, pre book and pre pay our over priced hotel rooms, cancel other plans to attend the game 6 hours away will endure what we have to endure. At least for the first half just to say I got to eat bbq nachos for $8. Then it is off to visit with friends.

But the PTB don't really care what I think or that I have skin in the game.

AirWarren

Quote from: Bigmac2 on October 22, 2017, 08:37:43 am
For some of us fans who have bought season tickets for years, pre book and pre pay our over priced hotel rooms, cancel other plans to attend the game 6 hours away will endure what we have to endure. At least for the first half just to say I got to eat bbq nachos for $8. Then it is off to visit with friends.

But the PTB don't really care what I think or that I have skin in the game.

You don't have skin in the game. You're just a sucker that wastes money on a poor product.

tzthib

I don't know why people want to pretend television ratings don't exist. There's like a whole industry devoted to tracking how many people watch a game, and business decisions are made off of that information.

If Arkansas isn't competitive, not only will fewer people attend, fewer people on both sides will watch. The ones that do will be treated to views of a half empty stadium. Not a good look. At all.

dagnamit

It is all perception. I had buddies that for years went to watch Memphis Tiger football that only paid around 20 bucks for everything. They had their choice of seats and watched good football. The last 4 years have changed that for them as people have jumped on the band wagon. Nothing has really changed except they win a few more ball games and it cost them much more now to go.

A day out with your buddies or family watching football.

I am a fan of football. Take a kid to the game that normally can't go. They will love watching the Hogs beat CC.

grassroothog

It used to be that the WHOLE STATE were behind their Hogs. We can't ALL fit in the stadium. Does that mean we are not real fans like you? There are many valid reasons why some folks can't go to games. Stop acting like this is you're private elite club.
Some of us are just grass root I guess.

micali

ricepig

Quote from: tzthib on October 22, 2017, 08:46:33 am
I don't know why people want to pretend television ratings don't exist. There's like a whole industry devoted to tracking how many people watch a game, and business decisions are made off of that information.

If Arkansas isn't competitive, not only will fewer people attend, fewer people on both sides will watch. The ones that do will be treated to views of a half empty stadium. Not a good look. At all.

First, they aren't going to kick us out of the conference for attendance or "eyes" watching TV, they also aren't going to cut our check, we'll still get the same share as the others.

Fan1958

Quote from: grassroothog on October 22, 2017, 09:00:41 am
It used to be that the WHOLE STATE were behind their Hogs. We can't ALL fit in the stadium. Does that mean we are not real fans like you? There are many valid reasons why some folks can't go to games. Stop acting like this is you're private elite club.

Excellent point. I went for years, first game against K-State in 1968.  Was a donor and season ticket holder.  Fans were courteous and respectful.  Suddenly, and I don't know when it happened, just creeped in I guess, the fans became obnoxious and rude, acted like because they bought a ticket they could throw manners and consideration for their fellow fans out the window and just be jerks in general. Coupled with high ticket and concession prices I decided enough was enough. But that darned sure doesn't make me any less fan than another. In fact, if I kept getting crappy products from a certain retailer or service provider, I wouldn't continue to spend my money with them.  By doing so, the retailer or service provider has no incentive to up their game.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

ricepig

Quote from: grassroothog on October 22, 2017, 09:00:41 am

I'm not, but do you think you have the right to complain about attendance if you don't go?

jlhogfan

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 10:03:56 am
First, they aren't going to kick us out of the conference for attendance or "eyes" watching TV, they also aren't going to cut our check, we'll still get the same share as the others.

I don't know if it matters or not, but how many more 11am games vs prime time games do you think we will have in the future?

ricepig

Quote from: Fan1958 on October 22, 2017, 10:04:26 am
Excellent point. I went for years, first game against K-State in 1968.  Was a donor and season ticket holder.  Fans were courteous and respectful.  Suddenly, and I don't know when it happened, just creeped in I guess, the fans became obnoxious and rude, acted like because they bought a ticket they could throw manners and consideration for their fellow fans out the window and just be jerks in general. Coupled with high ticket and concession prices I decided enough was enough. But that darned sure doesn't make me any less fan than another. In fact, if I kept getting crappy products from a certain retailer or service provider, I wouldn't continue to spend my money with them.  By doing so, the retailer or service provider has no incentive to up their game.

Doesn't make you any less of a fan, I just don't think that those who don't go to games should comment on attendance, seems a little ironic. Now, those who normally go and chose not to, then yeah.....

hobhog

Quote from: depressed_fan on October 22, 2017, 08:21:13 am

Your post answers your own question.

You wouldn't understand.

Hayduke

I've never been to a game, on account of not really being a Razorback fan (Oklahoma State grad and fan). Living in NWA, I follow the Razorbacks and I guess Arkansas is my favorite SEC team. My dad is from Arkansas and is a lifelong Hog fan. I'd love some cheap tickets to be able to take him to a game...maybe CC will be my best bet?

Fan1958

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 10:07:55 am
Doesn't make you any less of a fan, I just don't think that those who don't go to games should comment on attendance, seems a little ironic. Now, those who normally go and chose not to, then yeah.....

And since EVERYTHING in this world revolves around money, what difference (to those who matter) does the actual attendance make when the tickets are pre sold and the "contribution" has been made?

The real suckers are the ones who keep shelling out the dollars for a crappy and overpriced product.  P.T. Barnum is laughing.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

Fan1958

Quote from: Hayduke on October 22, 2017, 10:14:09 am
I've never been to a game, on account of not really being a Razorback fan (Oklahoma State grad and fan). Living in NWA, I follow the Razorbacks and I guess Arkansas is my favorite SEC team. My dad is from Arkansas and is a lifelong Hog fan. I'd love some cheap tickets to be able to take him to a game...maybe CC will be my best bet?

Show up ten minutes before kickoff and you can probably find all kinds of cheap, AS IN FREE, tickets.

ricepig

Quote from: Fan1958 on October 22, 2017, 10:14:51 am
And since EVERYTHING in this world revolves around money, what difference (to those who matter) does the actual attendance make when the tickets are pre sold and the "contribution" has been made?

The real suckers are the ones who keep shelling out the dollars for a crappy and overpriced product.  P.T. Barnum is laughing.

So, only support them when they are winning, correct?

Fan1958

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 10:24:38 am

Nope.  But to think attendance or lack thereof will have anything to do with changing the product is flawed logic when the money has been given.  The only was to get one's attention is cut off the funding. Ask the folks running the "sanctuary cities."

ricepig

Quote from: Fan1958 on October 22, 2017, 10:32:29 am
Nope.  But to think attendance or lack thereof will have anything to do with changing the product is flawed logic when the money has been given.  The only was to get one's attention is cut off the funding. Ask the folks running the "sanctuary cities."

Oh, I agree, but according to some, if 50,000 show up for CC, it will influence a decision that isn't going to be based off the CC attendance.

Fan1958

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 10:35:34 am
Oh, I agree, but according to some, if 50,000 show up for CC, it will influence a decision that isn't going to be based off the CC attendance.

Certainly not.  But back to your comment about supporting only when winning, most of us support our children through thick and thin but on occasion we have to make hard decisions when they are doing things that aren't in their own best interest and that sometimes means cutting them off of certain things til they straighten up and fly right.

TrueBlue

So if you're a hog fan in Alaska or another state and can't come to a game because of distance, it is up to you to fill the stands and you can't comment.

Get over yourself Ricepig, you are always so condescending to everyone that doesn't post positive things. I beginning to believe you fart rainbows with Rick Schaeffer.

jgphillips3

I think, the better way to phrase it, is to only support when the team is competitive and committed to trying to win.  Twice in two decades now the common fan feels that, in a poor State, they are shelling out time, energy and money for a product that the leadership is going to shove down their throats no matter how bad it is.  We felt that way with Hootie, that somehow he had enough on JFB that he couldn't be fired no matter what and now we are watching Long's pet project continue to sink into the abyss and have to worry that Long will keep him another year which will possibly lock us into 3-5 more dismal years of at best mediocre seasons with ZERO hope of ever being competitive.  If the average fan felt like CBB had a clue and Long would make the decision even an average AD would make in a heartbeat, fans wouldn't feel the need to stop being supportive.

ipigsooie

I live in central arkansas so its not like its super close, but i got to 3 games a year. 1 in fville, the a&m game in dallas and the game in little rock. My game in fville this year was the auburn game and i gave away my tickets to a buddy at work.  Now i feel bad for putting him through it. I will say as a central arkansas resident it is not worth my money to drive to fville, pay for a hotel room and parking. Im sure i am not in the minority with the product on the field. Not every razorback fan lives in nw arkansas so you have to think about the fans that arw spending a lot of money aside frome the actual ticket. Its just not worth it with what we are getting on the field. Many of us are selling or giving awqy our tickets and cutting our losses.

PorkRinds

Quote from: jst01 on October 22, 2017, 07:43:45 am

I'll take that as a no.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: depressed_fan on October 22, 2017, 07:30:46 am
If we lose this game in Oxford this week, what will be the attendance for that game? Is it possible the stands will be 50% empty?

Most likely we will lose bad at LSU. What will be the attendance for the final 2 games? If we lose to Mississippi state which is possible, is the Thanksgiving Missouri game below 50% capacity?

This is so scary. This is so awful

I just want to ask you this. Yesterday didn't you predict a big victory? Said we played good enough at Bama? Yeah I know it was you because the good doctor, the master conductor, Scroffa stepped in as your counsel....

Did we play good enough last night to warrant a prediction out of you for the Ole Miss game?

Thanks and I will eagerly await your reply. I am gonna call in and request some Judas Priest....

PRJ

TrueBlue

Regardless of how you want to categorize it, Razorback football is for entertainment. IF the "entertainment" is horrible and subpar, is it still worthy of your hard earned cash and considered a value? The answer right now is an emphatic "NO"!

You will come back and say, "well, if you were a "real" fan, you would support them either way". What a load of crap! We have an AD that doesn't care about the product being placed on the field, we have a coach that doesn't care because he doesn't prepare during the week (must be counting his millions during those times instead of game-planning), and you have what esentially is a VERY poor entertainment and very poor effort. Hey, I wish them well, but until someone on the Hill acts like they "care", why should they have my Benjamins?

As for "me and my money", we will not renew our season tickets after this year IF changes are not made, because that will demonstrate to me that the administration doesn't care one iota, if we have a competitive team or not.