Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Concessions

Started by twistitup, October 22, 2017, 05:28:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

I didn't go....had a feeling about this one but am still curious how Levy did last night? More long lines and flat Pepsi or did things improve?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hawg2afault

We are in section 115 and the concessions near our seats were limited to say the least.  Should have taken a picture of the items board but they offer only a handful of choices.  Walked all around and couldn't find a hamburger any where.  Did see people selling fruit kbobs.  What the heck?  Fruit kbobs!

elksnort

They should have handed out edibles

WilsonHog

Coffee in the South Indoor Club was good.

hobhog

It was much better IMO. Lines not near as bad. Not sure why as big crowd.

ricepig

Quote from: hobhog on October 22, 2017, 10:29:03 am
It was much better IMO. Lines not near as bad. Not sure why as big crowd.

Because they had a good week of practice..........ducks on the way out.

Boardon Hamsay

Tried to find black market lobsters but no luck. Settled for a pretzel, a burger, nachos, a corn dog, slice of pizza, a water, a hot dog, a brat, chicken sandwich, a funnel cake, 3 Pepsis, a cheeseburger, couple fruit kabobs, a pulled pork sandwich, and a hot chocolate. Seemed like a decent selection for you know, it being a stadium and all. Was terribly disappointed there was no one on staff to feed it all to me.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

livevanguy

Quote from: Hawg2afault on October 22, 2017, 10:25:57 am
We are in section 115 and the concessions near our seats were limited to say the least.  Should have taken a picture of the items board but they offer only a handful of choices.  Walked all around and couldn't find a hamburger any where.  Did see people selling fruit kbobs.  What the heck?  Fruit kbobs!
We're too busy spending money on stadium expansions and coaches to care about the fans' concession needs. I suggest you BYOC.
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

Ironhawg

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 22, 2017, 10:36:39 am
Tried to find black market lobsters but no luck. Settled for a pretzel, a burger, nachos, a corn dog, slice of pizza, a water, a hot dog, a brat, chicken sandwich, a funnel cake, 3 Pepsis, a cheeseburger, couple fruit kabobs, a pulled pork sandwich, and a hot chocolate. Seemed like a decent selection for you know, it being a stadium and all. Was terribly disappointed there was no one on staff to feed it all to me.

My stomach hurts just reading this.  Glad you survived!

Ex-Trumpet

I'm guessing sales were down after halftime.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ricepig

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 22, 2017, 11:13:45 am

They always are, they run out of stuff......

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 11:14:34 am

Lol, may not have last night!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

twistitup

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 22, 2017, 11:13:45 am

Or up....some people eat more when depressed

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: twistitup on October 22, 2017, 05:28:22 am
I didn't go....had a feeling about this one but am still curious how Levy did last night? More long lines and flat Pepsi or did things improve?
And here I was thinking this thread was actually going to discuss what we do every time we go out for the coin toss. You know: concede defeat before the opening kickoff.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 22, 2017, 10:36:39 am

Let's see, at stadium prices that probably amounted to about $745.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Seebs

No fried pickle  -WNB
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

(notOM)Rebel123

SAm's Club has better pretzels.

Porked Tongue

I noticed huge garbage size bags of popcorn in the concessions as backup. 

Popcorn should be fresh and warm and not popped so far in advance.  I've not witnessed popcorn popping yet this season.  They had a great kettle corn deal on lower SE corner that was busy all the time and popped before your eyes.  $6 big bag.  It's gone and replaced with an auction memorabilia table and smaller bags of older kettle corn at $7.

Lines are better and they do have some one offs selling around the stadium.

twistitup

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on October 22, 2017, 02:49:17 pm
any Frito Pie?

Prob not- biggest fail ever- especially since we are a Pepsi school...

Pepsi owns Frito Lay

Complete bs that FP is not served

Porked Tongue

They have Frito Pie bag kits at some of the basic concession stands.

Großer Kriegschwein

Pepsi was cold, nachos were "meh", hot dogs were warm on a soft bun and I didn't have to wait.

But then again, there was probably only 20k people in the stands by the time I started getting hungry. Ate at the catfish hole before going to the stadium.
This is my non-signature signature.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 22, 2017, 03:02:43 pm
They have Frito Pie bag kits at some of the basic concession stands.

I confirm that Frito Pie in Frito Bags was available and plentiful.

FWIW.

Was in 513. Just completed the decent about 20 minutes ago.
This is my non-signature signature.

twistitup

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 22, 2017, 03:06:28 pm
I confirm that Frito Pie in Frito Bags was available and plentiful.

FWIW.

Was in 513. Just completed the decent about 20 minutes ago.

I can't believe I didn't go....f the bad football- I should have taken the family to get FP then leave at halftime....we all know what to expect second half

WorfHog

I think they call that the CBB Special!

twistitup

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on October 22, 2017, 03:10:30 pm
well at least they kits for frito pie, that's something.

If only CBB could make adjustments like Levy did - good for them.

#FP4LIFE

boatinporker

The lines were very reasonable but as some mentioned, by the third quarter, there were no lines, there was no one. I did get nachos and they are definitely downsized; almost a mini tray

twistitup

Quote from: boatinporker on October 22, 2017, 03:19:07 pm
The lines were very reasonable but as some mentioned, by the third quarter, there were no lines, there was no one. I did get nachos and they are definitely downsized; almost a mini tray

Mini tray for the same price?

peakhog

Levy had a great week of game prep
They battled hard.
Some missed assignments they gotta clear up
They had their best 5 up front taking orders
Their not where they want to be right now
Work harder and get ready for Coastal Carolina

twistitup

Quote from: peakhog on October 22, 2017, 03:33:06 pm
Levy had a great week of game prep
They battled hard.
Some missed assignments they gotta clear up
They had their best 5 up front taking orders
Their not where they want to be right now
Work harder and get ready for Coastal Carolina

Levy is very close

tasteslikechicken

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 22, 2017, 01:51:08 pm

Popcorn should be fresh and warm and not popped so far in advance.  I've not witnessed popcorn popping yet this season.  They had a great kettle corn deal on lower SE corner that was busy all the time and popped before your eyes.  $6 big bag.  It's gone and replaced with an auction memorabilia table and smaller bags of older kettle corn at $7.

Pissed about this.

peakhog

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 22, 2017, 01:51:08 pm

Lines are better and they do have some one offs selling around the stadium.

We've got to get them into a better position to sell popcorn

mlloyd4

I used to love the corky's nachos with the red jalapeno slices.
WPS

checkraiser88

You know it's bad when a thread on the concessions is a big hit

(notOM)Rebel123

twistitup

ImHogginIt

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 22, 2017, 05:53:37 pm
😀
They had some challenges....

Any injuries to key personnel ?

Wild Bill Hog

Saw the thread topic and thought this discussion was about what was planned for the remaining games on the schedule.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 11:14:34 am
Actually it's a whole other issue. They run out of customers.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: twistitup on October 22, 2017, 05:28:22 am

I have to admit the last two games have been much better. They have done what they needed to do to fix some issues. Kudo's to them. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: WorfHog on October 22, 2017, 03:10:13 pm
I think they call that the CBB Special!

The CBB special is to let the opponent score at will in the second half. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

husker71

That is the way they all do popcorn now.  Bring in big bags of pre popped and then start popping some fresh to make it look like it is all fresh.  Maybe not all theatres do it BUT most of the big chains have done it for years. 

Porked Tongue

I have not witnessed a popcorn popped.  In fact they don't even have poppers in most concessions at DWR.  Just warmers.  I know they need to work ahead but not so far ahead. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 22, 2017, 09:18:48 pm
I have not witnessed a popcorn popped.  In fact they don't even have poppers in most concessions at DWR.  Just warmers.  I know they need to work ahead but not so far ahead. 

My wife loves kettle corn. We used to get a bag several games a year. They make the kettle corn bags smaller now so my wife doesn't buy them anymore.

twistitup

Bonehog

How could you possibly eat watching that train wreck? 
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

twistitup

Quote from: Bonehog on October 23, 2017, 08:01:21 am
How could you possibly eat watching that train wreck?

As I  posted earlier- some people eat more when depressed

https://www.webmd.com/depression/features/depression-food-traps

ICEman

The cerveza at our tailgate was of decent quality.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."