Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Our Football Record in 2017?

Started by nwahogfan1, May 31, 2017, 01:25:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How many FB games do we win this year?

5 wins?  Maybe CBB is not the Coach many are hoping for.
13 (6.7%)
6 wins?   see above
33 (17%)
7 wins?  Who do we beat?
59 (30.4%)
8 or more wins?  Really who do we beat?
89 (45.9%)

Total Members Voted: 194

Voting closed: July 30, 2017, 01:25:15 pm

nwahogfan1

May 31, 2017, 01:25:15 pm Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 01:52:26 pm by nwahogfan1
This is year 5 for CBB and he has a returning QB who is one of the top QBs in the SEC so is this a year we should start expecting better results or is CBB who we thought he was?

Who thinks we will be 3-1 going into October?  That means we either beat a pretty darn good TCU team at home or a A&M at Jerry's World.

October is a tough month and really tells us if we are moving forward as a CBB program . We play 3 games on the road to USCe, Bama, and Ole Ms and then a very difficult game at home against Auburn.     Can we win 2 games here?  We really need to show improvement.  I would love to beat Auburn here but don't expect it and USCe on the road but I really don't expect it either it so we have to go on the road and beat a cheating sunken down program Ole Miss.  I think we will be favored in only in 1 of these games or at the most 2 but probable only 1. 

Then how do we finish?  November brings us 3 home games to Central Carolina who we will beat, a dangerous Ms St team which will probable be a toss up game to the match makers and then our last conference game at home to Missouri who we need to kick some big time butt.   We might be favored in all 3 of these home games and we need to win all of them.  Then there is LSU on the road.  I just do not see us beating them but we seem to play them well. 

I see us going 3-1 early, 1-3 in the middle and then 3-1 late bringing our total to 7 wins going into the bowl season.

What you guys think?

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hogwild

Based on what has been posted on the site, we will be dogs to TCU, A&M, Bama, LSU, & Auburn.
Likely favored in the other 7, on the road at South Carolina is up in the air.

I'm guessing we beat one of the Texas schools, lose to Bama, Auburn, & LSU.  Go 6-1 in the other 7 games.

7-5 pick up an 8th win in the bowl game. Hoping for better, would be really disappointed if we don't finish with a winning record in the reg. season.

gchamblee

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 31, 2017, 01:25:15 pm
This is year 5 for CBB and he has a returning QB who is one of the top QBs in the SEC so is this a year we should start expecting better results or is CBB who we thought he was?

Who thinks we will be 3-1 going into October?  That means we either beat a pretty darn good TCU team at home or a A&M at Jerry's World.

October is a tough month and really tells us if we are moving forward as a CBB program . We play 3 games on the road to USCe, Bama, and Ole Ms and then a very difficult game at home against Auburn.     Can we win 2 games here?  We really need to show improvement.  I would love to beat Auburn here, USCe on the road and then go on the road to beat a cheating sunken down program Ole Miss.  I think we will be favored in only in 1 of these games or at the most 2 but probable only 1. 

Then how do we finish?  November brings us 3 home games to Central Carolina who we will beat, a dangerous Ms St team which will probable be a toss up game to the match makers and then our last conference game at home to Missouri who we need to kick some big time butt.   We might be favored in all 3 of these home games and we need to win all of them.  Then there is LSU on the road.  I just do not see us beating them but we seem to play them well. 

I see us going 3-1 early, 1-3 in the middle and then 3-1 late bringing our total to 7 wins going into the bowl season.

What you guys think?

?

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

bennyl08

9-3, losses to Bama and splits b/w LSU, aggies, OM, and Auburn.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

GuvHog

9-3 with Losses to Bama, LSU, and Auburn (I really believe Auburn is a toss up but I'm listing it as a loss for now).
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 31, 2017, 01:25:15 pm

Who did you think he was?  So far he's not what I though he was.  This is the year he is who I thought he was...

Razorbackers

Quote from: Wildhog on May 31, 2017, 01:28:12 pm
7-5

That is our record if we have zero luck and other teams are better than they should be.

That's losses to TCU, A&M, Alabama, Auburn, and LSU.

We've go TCU and Auburn at home.

I'm causituously optimistic about this season. We have come *thiiiiiiiiis* close to 9 wins 2 years in a row, with bad luck and big gaps on one side of the ball hurting us. (And a couple blowout losses, obvs)

If we only win 7 games with this schedule and roster, then I'll probably jump off the Bert train.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Razorbackers on May 31, 2017, 02:40:53 pm
That is our record if we have zero luck and other teams are better than they should be.

I'm causituously optimistic about this season. We have come *thiiiiiiiiis* close to 9 wins 2 years in a row, with bad luck and big gaps on one side of the ball hurting us. (And a couple blowout losses, obvs)

If we only win 7 games with this schedule and roster, then I'll probably jump off the Bret train.

Yes, this season should get folks off the fence...to one side or the other. 

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

jgphillips3

7-5 should be in the bag with no further major injuries, especially to Austin.  If CBB can't hit that, he needs to voluntarily resign.  8-4 is within reach.  9-3 was possible before RW3 went down; depending on defensive development, it is still a remote possibility. 

Although Toledo has chastened me, I still figure we have the 3 minor teams in the bag (Florida A&M, NMSU, Coastal Carolina).  The only near 100% sure loss on the schedule is Bama.  So that's 3-1.  After that there are four games I can see us going 4-0 or not worse than 3-1 against (South Carolina, Missouri, TCU & MSU) so we'll call them winnable/should win. 

So let's say we are 6-2 in those 8 games mentioned above.  The pick 'ems are going to be LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn and Texas A&M.  We are far more than due against A&M.  We have fared very well against Ole Miss.  I see, barring injury, the possibility of a 2-2 split here.  That is how you get to 8 wins (or 9 if we run the winnable games to 4-0). 

We fall back to 7 wins if we go 1-3 against the pick 'ems.  If he goes 2-2 in the winnable/should win games or 0-4 against the pick 'ems...then that seat deserves to be blistering.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on May 31, 2017, 02:52:23 pm

Those last 2 second half meltdowns really soured folks on Bielema. That and the Auburn game.

Even with the Auburn fiasco, if we win 1 of those 2 games where we led at halftime, the attitude around here isn't as toxic.

GuvHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on May 31, 2017, 02:52:23 pm

Agreed. If the team wins at least 8 games in regular season play and wins the bowl game, I'll be okay with that.

If they win 9 regular season games and the bowl. I'll be very happy. More than 9 wins plus a bowl win and I'll be thrilled to death.

navyhog24

younghog

GO HOGS

yraciv

9-3 - Losses to Bama, Auburn, A&M or LSU

Orgeron is an idiot and we usually play the Tigers close.  That or we are due against A&M are the non home games that I think we can steal one. A&M new QB, beginning of year, and Sumlin under achieves. Think we're catching them at the right time.  LSU might have something big to play for, and we're sitting there ready to break their hearts again

The other games we might be dogs in are:
TCU - not happening at home early in the year - AA puts us on his back for this one
Ole Miss - I think they'll be in free fall by this point with NCAA cloud over them
@SC - Not seeing them making big strides with Muschamp; plus we'll have our starters resting up with a cupcake the week before, while they go to A&M

PorkRinds

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Razorbackers on May 31, 2017, 02:57:56 pm
Those last 2 second half meltdowns really soured folks on Bielema. That and the Auburn game.

Even with the Auburn fiasco, if we win 1 of those 2 games where we led at halftime, the attitude around here isn't as toxic.

I still say the season ended like it was supposed to...sans Mizzou.  IMO, and I don't give a crap what Vegas said, we were as good or better than every team we beat.  And we weren't as good as the teams that beat us...sans Mizzou.  Mizzou was the only surprise.

Should have finished 8-4 and a bowl loss.  My pre-season prediction was 7-5, so can't really complain too much.

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on May 31, 2017, 04:22:21 pm
I still say the season ended like it was supposed to...sans Mizzou.  IMO, and I don't give a crap what Vegas said, we were as good or better than every team we beat.  And we weren't as good as the teams that beat us...sans Mizzou.  Mizzou was the only surprise.

Should have finished 8-4 and a bowl loss.  My pre-season prediction was 7-5, so can't really complain too much.

Same on the prediction front, I think I had 8 wins as my goal, and we came up just short.

Al Boarland

I don't believe we will see the fruits of CBB's labor for another 3-4 years. The fruits might still be what we are seeing now, but he needs time.

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Razorbackers on May 31, 2017, 02:40:53 pm

If we only win 7 games with this schedule and roster, then I'll probably jump off the Bret train.

I thought we would be running the ball averaging over 200 ypg with a 150 ypg passing game scoring 30+ ppg and having a very stingy rushing defense and a pretty good passing defense only giving up maybe 22 or so ppg.   Neither the offense or the defense sides of the ball has come through so far except for  few ball games.  I thought we would be winning 8+ games a year also and never thought we would still be rebuilding after 5 years. 

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Al Boarland on May 31, 2017, 05:45:32 pm
I don't believe we will see the fruits of CBB's labor for another 3-4 years. The fruits might still be what we are seeing now, but he needs time.

Needs time? He will get 6 years.  He needs to show something in that 6 years other than underachieving results that has been shown every year he has been here so far.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

elksnort

TheRazorback500

Still going with 8-4 myself.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

TNRazorbacker

widespreadsooie

7-5

Losses: A&M, @SC, AUB, @LSU, @Bama

Don't overlook SC, it may be a hot take but I see them in Atlanta.

Could easily drop one between MIZ and MS St but this team should be bowling. With that being said, if you don't want Bret out now, you will at the end of this season.

Uberanubis

10-2........i think with the off season change to our defense and the fact that both of the last 2 game scores are posted everywhere the defense goes will be the factors for a good season.  its may lets see what happens in November.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Hollywood_HOGan45

If we don't completely suck on defense I could see 8-4.

ChitownHawg

This early 7 wins. If the defense gels quickly we may get 8 wins.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Al Boarland

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on May 31, 2017, 10:03:23 pm
Needs time? He will get 6 years.  He needs to show something in that 6 years other than underachieving results that has been shown every year he has been here so far.

He hasn't underachieved.  He also hasn't overachieved.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Al Boarland on June 01, 2017, 05:13:03 am
He hasn't underachieved.  He also hasn't overachieved.

He certainly hasn't overachieved.  However, I would say he has underachieved each year with 2014 being the only one you could argue he didn't, but it's still an argument for both sides. 

The first 0 fer conference record ever in 2013 (could have at least won one).  In 2015...Toledo.  In 2016, 56-3, Mizzou and Va Tech.  He has definitely underachieved by any measure.  Now, underachieving doesn't mean he is a failure...it just means he didn't do as well as could be expected.  Hopefully, this year we overachieve for the first time in the CBB era.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Any team with a great QB has a chance to be in every single game. Anything can happen with Austin Allen under center!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

jkstock04

We are staring a 6/7 win season right in the face. It's of note to me how a few months ago many were raving about how this schedule set up so nice and easy for us. Don't see too many beating that drum now.

Good news non-conference schedule we SHOULD have 3 automatic wins right there. TCU at home does set up nice as well. If we win all 4 OOC games it would be considered a tank of a season if we only got to 6 wins. But you gotta think that is attainable.

A better question from the OP would be while 6-8 wins seems to be the consensus...is that enough to satisfy most of the fan base? I say yes it probably is as far as monetary measures are concerned. Jeff Long is not going to see a decrease in $$$$ fan support if we win 7 games this year.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

GuvHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on June 01, 2017, 07:44:19 am
We are staring a 6/7 win season right in the face. It's of note to me how a few months ago many were raving about how this schedule set up so nice and easy for us. Don't see too many beating that drum now.

Good news non-conference schedule we SHOULD have 3 automatic wins right there. TCU at home does set up nice as well. If we win all 4 OOC games it would be considered a tank of a season if we only got to 6 wins. But you gotta think that is attainable.

A better question from the OP would be while 6-8 wins seems to be the consensus...is that enough to satisfy most of the fan base? I say yes it probably is as far as monetary measures are concerned. Jeff Long is not going to see a decrease in $$$$ fan support if we win 7 games this year.

I don't recall anyone saying this schedule sets up nice and easy for the Hogs but it is more favorable to them than last season.

hobhog

Quote from: GuvHog on June 01, 2017, 08:22:09 am
I don't recall anyone saying this schedule sets up nice and easy for the Hogs but it is more favorable to them than last season.

I agree. Last year getting all the power teams at home put too much pressure to win on road as favorite. Especially in West division. I like this years schedule....

Wildhog

Quote from: jkstock04 on June 01, 2017, 07:44:19 am

I think a lot of fans/Jeff Long will act like we won the Superbowl if we win 8.
1909/1964/1965/1977

LZH

Quote from: Wildhog on June 01, 2017, 08:38:12 am
I think a lot of fans/Jeff Long will act like we won the Superbowl if we win 8.

Wildhog

Quote from: LZH on June 01, 2017, 08:48:39 am

Jeff Long announces CBB's raise/extension while wearing a flight suit.
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Boot_stops_here

9-3 but could easily see 7-5 again.

nchogg

I'll just wait and see. Tired of predicting wins we have no control over. Every team is beatable but it's up to the team to accomplish it. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

hawganatic

We're going to win enough games to keep BB enthusiasts happy, but not enough for his critics to shut down.  Right on the fence, where we seem to always be...

hogcard1964

Quote from: navyhog24 on May 31, 2017, 03:01:48 pm
6-6

There could actually be some good that comes out of another poor season like this.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 01, 2017, 12:21:48 pm
There could actually be some good that comes out of another poor season like this.

And what would that be? Going 6 and 6 this year then starting again with a fresh qb next year.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

gchamblee

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on June 01, 2017, 07:27:16 pm
And what would that be? Going 6 and 6 this year then starting again with a fresh qb next year.

Hogtard wants CBB fired. He is suggesting 6-6 this year will get that accomplished.

mhsbc59

I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

redleg

9-3
losses at Alabama, at LSU, vs Auburn
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.