Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Day to transfer

Started by ricepig, May 17, 2017, 05:52:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

parallaxpig

Will he be a grad transfer?
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

phadedhawg

Porked Tongue

Just never was going to work.  Never got its legs.

factchecker

Quote from: parallaxpig on May 17, 2017, 05:55:09 pm
Will he be a grad transfer?

Quote from: parallaxpig on May 17, 2017, 05:56:01 pm
Never mind ? Answered

It's a great question and I wondered the same.  I know transfers are part of the game but I'd rather our players transfer after they have a degree in hand.

Juan has been through a lot.  His career has mirrored Kody Walker's in the fact that he just couldn't get past the injury bug.  I hope he does well at his next destination.  I'm proud to have him as a fellow alumnus.  He will always be a Razorback.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

parallaxpig

Quote from: factchecker on May 17, 2017, 05:59:34 pm
It's a great question and I wondered the same.  I know transfers are part of the game but I'd rather our players transfer after they have a degree in hand.

Juan has been through a lot.  His career has mirrored Kody Walker's in the fact that he just couldn't get past the injury bug.  I hope he does well at his next destination.  I'm proud to have him as a fellow alumnus.  He will always be a Razorback.

From a pure educational view point he will get a grad degree paid for. He will always be a razorback and the best of luck to him.  WPS!!!!

hobhog

Wow. Looks like our freshmen RBs are going to have to grow up n a hurry. And I assume TJ will move back to RB full time?

PorkRinds

I was hoping he would get to see the field and that knowing the blocking schemes would help him play once RWIII went out. Wasn't to be I suppose. Good luck Juan.

JRHoward

Best of Luck Juan!  Woo Pig!   Thank You for being a classy Hog! 
Woooo Pig!

jcbville

I'm under the impression this was expected. And I don't find it too surprising.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Whether he was going to contribute significantly or not, he was depth. Is it okay to panic yet?!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Seebs

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on May 17, 2017, 06:38:27 pm
Whether he was going to contribute significantly or not, he was depth. Is it okay to panic yet?!

Great young man.
... and let's wait until a fourth stringer leaves before you panic okay? The fifth stringer should cause you no pause.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Pork Ranger

Appears to be very well spoken and intelligent. Way to get your degree and we will all be pulling for you wherever you decide to go

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

nwahogfan1

Thought he might get some playing time this year but he will get much more for a smaller team in need of a full time RB. 

Wonder where that leaves us on the 85 scholarship count?

Uncommon

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 17, 2017, 07:42:39 pm
Wonder where that leaves us on the 85 scholarship count?
We are at 85 on the dot with Juan Day's transfer.

ThisTeetsTaken

Is his little brother still going to come?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

MissippHog

I was afraid this would happen Juan Day.  Best of luck to him.

LZH

Quote from: MissippHog on May 17, 2017, 08:05:22 pm

I see you've been waiting a long time to use that....

jgphillips3

Not unexpected but I thought after RW3 going down he might get on the field for pass pro like Kody did until Devwah picked it up.  Now I am extremely thankful Maleek enrolled early.  Still going to be thin on experience, but very talented, especially once Hayden joins DW, TJ and Maleek.

HamSammich

He is everything right about cfb .... kid got set for life by being a good teammate and not really able to play a lot. Love his story

hvsupastar

Dang beat me to it
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

ricepig

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on May 17, 2017, 07:56:09 pm
Is his little brother still going to come?

I don't think he ever was, he signed with UAM.

ArkansasI

Quote from: HamSammich on May 17, 2017, 08:24:05 pm
He is everything right about cfb .... kid got set for life by being a good teammate and not really able to play a lot. Love his story
Great post. Couldn't agree more.

TheRazorback500

Good luck JD.

Sully mentioned a possible grad transfer tonight. Any ideas?
Do you wanna get Rocked?

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 17, 2017, 06:05:42 pm
I was hoping he would get to see the field and that knowing the blocking schemes would help him play once RWIII went out. Wasn't to be I suppose. Good luck Juan.

I was really hoping to one day see Juan Day truly take the field. However, his ceiling as a back, IMO, was a rich man's Broderick Green. So, I can't really say I'm surprised to see him transfer.

With Kraus buried on the depth chart and running out of time to ever see the field, I would be a bit surprised if he doesn't transfer some time this summer. The major reason I'd suggest he wouldn't would be if he valued staying here more than he valued increased playing time.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

razorbacker3

Is Duwop gone already?

factchecker

Quote from: razorbacker3 on May 17, 2017, 11:16:25 pm
Is Duwop gone already?

Transferred prior to spring.  He transferred to Rutgers. His brother (Ahmir) transferred from Michigan as well to play closer to home.  Duwop looks to be a top receiver for Rutgers.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Iwastherein1969

Very classy young man, this Juan Day. All the best wishes from Razorback Nation and may success find you wherever you journey in life.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Arkamedes

Good luck on a bright future, Mr. Day! You will always be a Razorback and have our thanks and respect. Sorry that injuries kept you from more playing time. Woo Pig!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

Pork Twain

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on May 17, 2017, 06:38:27 pm
I love this kid and hope he does well at life, but he was never going to get any playing time here.  Injuries did him in.  As far as being worried about depth...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

LRRandy

well, until there is a reunion they can sing "Juan Day, we'll be together"
This is fun, isn't it.

k.c.hawg

He will always be a Hog!! Great work to get that degree and wishing him 2 great years of football and a masters degree in hand when he leaves his next stop. Classy young man!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

LZH

Quote from: LRRandy on May 18, 2017, 06:50:38 am
well, until there is a reunion they can sing "Juan Day, we'll be together"

Think he's heard these a time or two?...."My name's Sue, how do you do?"

Seebs

This has to be exciting. Two years, a free Masters. Why would Juan not look at schools like Duke, Northwestern, Rice, where he may be talented enough to play and smart enough to leave in two with a nice sheepskin.  The world is this man's oyster.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

younghog

GO HOGS

scooby21322

One upside:  the bad puns will finally be behind us.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: scooby21322 on May 18, 2017, 10:51:29 am
One upside:  the bad puns will finally be behind us.

Yeah, the bad puns seem to bounce around like a ball on a Bumper Pool table.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

yraciv

So our RB Depth Chart looks something like this now:
1st - Whaley
2nd - Williams
3rd - McPherson
4th - Hobbs

And that is it. Got to assume Hayden jumps to 3 moment he walks on campus, but 5 RB, 3 on scholarship? That is very thin. I think it can work, but one man goes down and we're in trouble, and you've got to start looking at moving Hammonds back full time.

Congrats to Juan though and best of luck!

scooby21322

Quote from: yraciv on May 18, 2017, 11:13:28 am
1st - Whaley
2nd - Williams
3rd - McPherson
4th - Hobbs

And that is it. Got to assume Hayden jumps to 3 moment he walks on campus, but 5 RB, 3 on scholarship? That is very thin. I think it can work, but one man goes down and we're in trouble, and you've got to start looking at moving Hammonds back full time.

Maybe there's a grad transfer they're considering?

hobhog

Quote from: yraciv on May 18, 2017, 11:13:28 am
1st - Whaley
2nd - Williams
3rd - McPherson
4th - Hobbs

Hammonds probably move back full time to RB? Little small but lightening in the bottle.

Seebs

Quote from: hobhog on May 18, 2017, 12:08:49 pm
Hammonds probably move back full time to RB? Little small but lightening in the bottle.
Would hate to be the OLB or the corner that has to stop Hammonds one on one on a swing pass.

Hammonds has to get some looks at TB. All there is too it.

HogHomer

We also have some recruits coming in that could either be used as WR or RB. We may not be very experienced but once the rest of the freshman get here we might have one of the most talented RB stables we've had.

Mike_e

I'd really rather see Mr. Hammonds in the slot.

Not having him trying to bash through the line on most every play would really add to the length of his career.  Remember Michael Smith?
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: scooby21322 on May 18, 2017, 11:56:12 am
Maybe there's a grad transfer they're considering?
Maybe I'll come in as a grad transfer.  Think the Hogs would be interested in a 47 year old slightly overweight white guy whose last attempt at running a 40 ended with two pulled hammys?

-phil

Hoggish1

I wish him all the best!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Suidae Suis Scrofa on May 18, 2017, 02:38:14 pm
Maybe I'll come in as a grad transfer.  Think the Hogs would be interested in a 47 year old slightly overweight white guy whose last attempt at running a 40 ended with two pulled hammys?

-phil

Sign him up.

ricepig

Quote from: Suidae Suis Scrofa on May 18, 2017, 02:38:14 pm

-phil

That'd put you a year younger than Kody, so maybe........