Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Football Stadium Rank

Started by GoHogzzGo, March 29, 2017, 03:37:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogzzGo

March 29, 2017, 03:37:44 pm Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 03:53:22 pm by GoHogzzGo
Its the off-season and I greatly enjoy stadium and architecture so here we go.

This is my ranking of SEC Football Stadiums in general with home field advantage primary in mind. Doing so assuming our North End Zone is competed so stick with me. I have been to all but the swamp.

I really think the top 5 are fairly interchangeable. For me after that is when it gets fun.

What do you think? Rip me to shreds as needed  ;)

1) TAMU - Their partially new stadium/renovation is incredible when full, been there, massive with electric atmosphere. Hate TAMU so much, got to beat them this year, but glad we never play there.
2) Bama - Huge capacity, fully bowled lower and mostly bowled upper. East and West stands are partially covered further reflecting in crowd noise. Roll tide roll is super loud.
3) LSU - Death Valley, even bigger after recent renovation. Lower bowl is massive and steep, so loud, close to field.
4) Florida - The Swamp, unique build. Large capacity. Kind of a big bowl with partial upper deck slightly taller on the NEZ. Not much of glass skyboxes reflecting back noise.
5) Tenner - Just a huge fully bowled lower and upper sections. Partially covered upper deck as well keeping in more noise. Formidable when they are better. Aging.
6) Arkansas - Call me crazy but when the NEZ is done I think we are right there near top in crowd noise, and certainly nicer then Tennessee and probably LSU too. All our glass reflects and swirls so much crowd noise in our lower bowl it is impressively loud, especially with a now mostly blocked NEZ. Fully blocked in at the lower level. When full I think we will be as intimidating a venue as it gets. Would love to see the East and West upper decks covered to add advantage, like BAMA.
7) UGA - Bigger capacity. lower section is fully bowled, but like Jeff Long they enjoy their view on the West End Zone letting out noise. They have a nice new renovation going but the view will be preserved, unlike ours their WEZ will not have any boxes to keep sound in.
8 ) Auburn - Fairly large lower bowl and big capacity. Huge Jumbotron. Neither end zone is closed in above the lower section. Expansions have been discussed. Aging.
9) USCe - Underrated at times. This is the territory I had DDWRS at previously. Nice stadium. Lot of open space between each section of stands and these exposed corkscrew access ramps I don't like in every corner. No upper section or boxes on their NEZ.
10) Ole Miss - Might be too high but the new renovation is nice, basically an updated War Memorial with some scatterd skyboxes. The Grove is nice and all but that's not in the stadium.
11) Miss State - Don't like Starkville but stadium is nice. As others have said it is DDWRS lite, before our renovation. Cowbells are super friggin loud between plays.
12) Mizzou - Can get really rowdy when they are good and the grasssy knoll is full. A dump otherwise. Aging. Still have flashbacks of MIZ ZOU chant from cotton bowl, hate Mizzou.
13) UK - Can be underrated, fully bowled lower section. Two upper decks. Will be interesting to see if they continue to play better. Aging. Meh.
14) Vandy - Ancient horseshoe.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Inhogswetrust

I'd put MSU ahead of old misses now and when all their renovations and additions are done probably MU as well. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Tusks

I'd put the Hogs ahead of Tenner.

Remember when asked, Hurts the Bama QB said the loudest place he played last year was Razorback stadium.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: tusked on March 29, 2017, 06:30:06 pm
I'd put the Hogs ahead of Tenner.

Remember when asked, Hurts the Bama QB said the loudest place he played last year was Razorback stadium.
just wait until the 77,000 gun salutes start in 2018. Gone be loud af
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hogeration

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 29, 2017, 06:46:55 pm
just wait until the 77,000 gun salutes start in 2018. Gone be loud af
+1

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 29, 2017, 06:12:06 pm
I'd put MSU ahead of old misses now and when all their renovations and additions are done probably MU as well.

Yeah that is an interesting one to me. With the state split between two schools ole miss' venue just isn't that intimidating, to me at least. Even after their renovation they will remain quite low. Mizzou could move up quickly.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.