Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UK Fans Trash Talk Ref's Business

Started by moses_007, March 28, 2017, 05:39:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

Apparently, UK fans feel like the ref's shafted them too.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/kentucky-fans-cross-the-line-by-trashing-referee-john-higgins%e2%80%99-business-on-facebook/ar-BByYGCX?li=BBnb7Kz

WorfHog

They get the calls all season that leads to them being overrated. Hope they bitch there way into not getting the calls.

theFlyingHog

There needs to be some apologies around here. Arkansas fans may be crazy but we aren't ** like that.

moses_007

We were clearly beaten by the pro-NC officials.  I didn't see that in the Kentucky-NC game, particularly in the closing minutes.  I think UK fans just want to blame someone else instead of their coach, or players, for the loss.

hawginbigd1

I thought the first half particularly was called un-even in favor of the light blue guys, I think they have a little bit of a beef. I saw several times Adebayo get mauled and no whistle, and UNC were getting the nickel-dimers as Rafftery says.

factchecker

March 28, 2017, 06:22:04 pm #5 Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 07:00:34 pm by factchecker
Quote from: theFlyingHog on March 28, 2017, 05:43:36 pm
There needs to be some apologies around here. Arkansas fans may be crazy but we aren't ** like that.

Unless it's to our own coaches (death threats, killing shooting horses) or players (see the treatment of Brandon Allen).

EDIT:  I fixed the killing to shooting because shooting is MUCH better and a sign that we don't have racist, crazy, and/or horrible fans.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

IronMountainHog

Quote from: factchecker on March 28, 2017, 06:22:04 pm
Unless it's to our own coaches (death threats, killing horses) or players (see the treatment of Brandon Allen).
What horse was killed factchecker? You mean the one at Nolans place that was shot (maybe or purpose, maybe accidentally) that was wounded and survived. Fact checking is not your forte.

Razorback_Mack

3kgthog

Was anyone ever charged in the Allen incidents? If not, we don't know if it was a fan, some jilted ex-gf, or the bf of some girl he hooked up with.

phadedhawg

I'm never one to side with Kentucky but I don't have much sympathy for the Higgins either.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: phadedhawg on March 28, 2017, 06:39:57 pm
I'm never one to side with Kentucky but I don't have much sympathy for the Higgins either.
He's a bad basketball ref so ruin his business?

factchecker

Quote from: IronMountainHog on March 28, 2017, 06:33:49 pm
What horse was killed factchecker? You mean the one at Nolans place that was shot (maybe or purpose, maybe accidentally) that was wounded and survived. Fact checking is not your forte.

Shot..... by "accident" ...... are you really going to refute that Arkansas fans don't have it's fair share of crazies?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

QuoteMore than just a shooting for Richardson
RAY MELICK
Scripps Howard News Service
Published Friday, March 09, 2001
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- It wasn't just that Nolan Richardson's horse was shot. That, given the Arkansas coaches' relatively remote farm, could have been an accident.

But it was about this time last year that somebody crossed the fence to Richardson's ranch and cut the mane and tail hair of two horses -- including Tulula, the horse that was shot last week.

Richardson, in his 16th season as Arkansas coach, said the 5-year-old Percheron mare was shot last week morning on his 155-acre ranch west of Fayetteville in Washington County. One bullet entered the upper part of a front leg and exited without hitting any bones and the horse is expected to recover.

"I don't know the motive," Richardson said. "I realize I live in an area in which I may not be one of the most liked. And I sometimes feel that it has nothing to do with being a coach but it's being a black coach because I know of other coaches that have horses who have lost (games) and nothing has ever happened (to their horses). I know of other coaches who have lost who didn't get bomb threats. I'm totally disappointed, if that's the case, if it's a hate-type situation."

Richardson acknowledged that he did not have evidence to support his claim that the shooting was racially motivated or that the shooter knew it was Richardson's property.

Outside of family, there isn't much closer to Richardson's heart than his horses.

"One of the greatest things I enjoy the most are my animals," Richardson said. "My horses are very, very important to me."

Richardson keeps 14 horses of varying breeds on his land. They roam on 50 of the ranch's 155 acres. The spread also is home to llama, goats, pigs, deer and exotic birds, as well as dogs and cats.

"So what I am to think about it? I think I better re-evaluate my career here," Richardson said. "There are those who have been wanting me to go. I've been here 16 years. I feel like a black cat. I've got nine lives. ... I never quit and I'm not saying that I'm quitting (over) this episode. All I'm saying is that I need to re-evaluate my coaching career."

http://thecabin.net/stories/030901/spo_0309010054.shtml#.WNr4W4grLVU
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 28, 2017, 06:36:14 pm
Was anyone ever charged in the Allen incidents? If not, we don't know if it was a fan, some jilted ex-gf, or the bf of some girl he hooked up with.

An ex-girlfriend created multiple social media accounts posing as Hog fans to send death threats?  How about the one's who harassed his sister for sticking up for him?

I really wish ya'll loved the Razorbacks as much as you do the fanbase.  Quit defending the crazies.

It's better to call the crappy fans out, embarrass them, and remove them from the fan-base.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

onebadrubi

Kids and people for that matter do stupid things all the time.  It's quite possible some
Shot that horse just because they were being a holes and didn't even know whose horse it was.

Let's also not say they ruined his business.  Right now he's getting free advertisement and anyone that reads those reviews sees its bitter UK fans from two states away.  His sales may sky rocket, after ally here is no bad publicity, it got a president elected.

phadedhawg

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on March 28, 2017, 06:44:00 pm
He's a bad basketball ref so ruin his business?

Exactly...there's no winner to be had in this situation. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: factchecker on March 28, 2017, 06:54:58 pm
Shot..... by "accident" ...... are you really going to refute that Arkansas fans don't have it's fair share of crazies?

Sure we do. But a lot of shootings are accidental. My own uncle was accidentally shot and killed by someone while deer hunting.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

(notOM)Rebel123

Thought this thread was about UK fans?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

moses_007

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 28, 2017, 08:42:11 pm
Thought this thread was about UK fans?
It was, and wandered off even to a shooting of Nolan Richardson's horse.

Hawg414

are you going to refute that EVERY team doesnt have their crazies?  you keep harping on arkansas as if we are the only ones.  sure, we have some idiots... and the OP just goes to show that KY does too. 

King Kong

Nobody should refute that we have some crazy fans. Fans did eggs Allen's truck and have taken action against other officials both in football and basketball

But, I will question the facts that a fan shot Nolan's horse or burned Allen's truck in the offseason.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 28, 2017, 06:36:14 pm
Well his vehicle was egged and that was linked to his ex girlfriend
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Randy Cavender

And now they know how we feel when we played them and UNC!

hogsanity

Quote from: Hawg414 on March 29, 2017, 03:05:13 am
are you going to refute that EVERY team doesnt have their crazies?  you keep harping on arkansas as if we are the only ones.  sure, we have some idiots... and the OP just goes to show that KY does too. 

Every team has it's crazies, no doubt. Every team also has a faction of fans that blame the refs for every loss. There are some UK fans, some Arkansas fans, no doubt some Kansas/NC/Duke/UCLA/FLa etc fans, that think the refs have cost their team every loss for the last half century.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PharmacistHog

Quote from: factchecker on March 28, 2017, 07:02:14 pm
An ex-girlfriend created multiple social media accounts posing as Hog fans to send death threats?  How about the one's who harassed his sister for sticking up for him?

I really wish ya'll loved the Razorbacks as much as you do the fanbase.  Quit defending the crazies.

It's better to call the crappy fans out, embarrass them, and remove them from the fan-base.

Exactly HOW do you go about removing fans from a fanbase. If you can answer that I'm gonna be a busy guy getting rid of some fools around here.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

hogsanity

Quote from: PharmacistHog on March 29, 2017, 08:25:58 am
Exactly HOW do you go about removing fans from a fanbase. If you can answer that I'm gonna be a busy guy getting rid of some fools around here.

Removing them from the fan base is a lot different than removing them from here.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PharmacistHog

Quote from: hogsanity on March 29, 2017, 08:27:43 am
Removing them from the fan base is a lot different than removing them from here.

Remove them all here and there would only be a handful of posters.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

hogsanity

Quote from: PharmacistHog on March 29, 2017, 08:40:11 am
Remove them all here and there would only be a handful of posters.

Actually, I only think there are a handful that I would remove from here if given the power, of course when you figure in all of their screen names it would be many "posters". 

HogFansReunited

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 28, 2017, 06:17:37 pm
I thought the first half particularly was called un-even in favor of the light blue guys, I think they have a little bit of a beef. I saw several times Adebayo get mauled and no whistle, and UNC were getting the nickel-dimers as Rafftery says.

I agree that the game wasn't called even in the first half.  UNC got away with murdering whoever had the ball but KY got called for touch fouls.  The second half was officiated much better though.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

hogsanity

Quote from: HogFansReunited on March 29, 2017, 09:06:27 am
   got away with murdering whoever had the ball but  got called for touch fouls. 

This is always the complaint. Do you really want defenders able to control ball handlers by putting their hands on them guiding them in certain directions, keeping them from moving with the ball to get the offense going? Also, do you really want alot of the contact down low called? Every big man would foul out in the 1st half.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: HogFansReunited on March 29, 2017, 09:06:27 am
I agree that the game wasn't called even in the first half.  UNC got away with murdering whoever had the ball but KY got called for touch fouls.  The second half was officiated much better though.

This is a chronic slant because of the stuff we've been discussing - they're focused on perimeter touch fouls and reaches + don't give a darn about contact in the lane as long as you're not reaching for the ball.

It gives the impression that they're calling the game unfairly, when one team playing one style gets away with tons of contact while the other team's getting fouls for minimal contact.

And I agree. It is unfair. It's not bias against a team; it's a bias against a style.
[CENSORED]!

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/ericcrawford/status/868254332285841410

QuoteSarpy County Attorney Lee Polikov said at least two media outlets were identified as promoting and posting a video montage that exposed Higgins' contact information.

"This information has been referred to the Federal Communications Commission for further investigation of the potential violations related to applicable federal communications regulations," Polikov said.

Polikov did not say where the seven individuals reside or where the two media outlets are based.

tophawg19

how did Nolan know the horse was shot by a white person? he brought race into it . It's sad when something like this occurs and should be prosecuted but race should have never been brought into it.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on May 27, 2017, 12:41:32 pm
https://twitter.com/ericcrawford/status/868254332285841410

Bruce Feldman‏Verified account @BruceFeldmanCFB 23h23 hours ago

Bruce Feldman Retweeted Gary Parrish

Really odd part of this is "two media outlets posting promoting" the guy's contact info.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 27, 2017, 06:01:24 pm
how did Nolan know the horse was shot by a white person? he brought race into it . It's sad when something like this occurs and should be prosecuted but race should have never been brought into it.
lol. puh-leeze.

most people are aware that the only ones upset by "race being brought into it" are those that, let's say, .... feel a personal connection, so to speak....
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HamIAm

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 28, 2017, 11:31:14 am
lol. puh-leeze.

most people are aware that the only ones upset by "race being brought into it" are those that, let's say, .... feel a personal connection, so to speak....

You've got a point.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: jbcarol on May 27, 2017, 12:02:46 pm
https://twitter.com/SECCountryUK/status/868476308300365825

Prosecute there arses...only at Kantucky. A lot of teams got the shaft, not that anybody liked it but they didnt threaten anyone.
Stay classy, cheaters. With as many PAST championship U have, you are a bunch of losers.

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

jbcarol

Police finally release some of the 800 some voicemails Kentucky fans left for NCAA Tournament referee

QuoteWe already knew that they heavily criticized his roofing business on Facebook. And it was reported last week that seven individuals were being investigated by the FBI for death threats made against Higgins. Per WOWT in Omaha, Neb., Higgins received 800 voicemails, with seven of those being classified as threats. Those seven appear below.

Warning, the messages [can be interpreted as] vulgar in nature.

#7 – "I hope you all get in a plane crash and die."

"You know," Calipari said following the loss, "it's amazing that we were in that game where they practically fouled out my team. Amazing that we had a chance. So proud of how these guys fought. ...

"There was a lot of stuff that went on and our kids fought through it. I told them at halftime, 'It is what it is. And you've got to beat who's out there. Let's go and don't worry about it.' But don't take anything away from North Carolina. I mean, you think of the plays they made, down five, to get back, and I mean, it was bang-bang. And then us to come back and tie the game and then they make one at the buzzer? Come on. It was a terrific game. I just wish we could have played the first half with a full roster."

https://twitter.com/RealJayWilliams/status/846122264865259522

jbcarol