Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worst team in Razorback history?

Started by KennyForAD, October 07, 2017, 06:24:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Granny fan

After 5 years, we are right back where we were with JLS!

hogsmash12

Quote from: nwa_razorback_coffee on October 07, 2017, 06:46:41 pm
Sunshine anyone?

Perfect example of how the 'power of positive thinking' can result in becoming completely delusional

Roaringboar

Quote from: Granny fan on October 07, 2017, 08:22:38 pm

I was half expecting him to get up at the post-game and start shouting, "The hog fans just need to smile a little. Smile! SMILE!!!!!"
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Locutus_of_Boar

Otis Douglas first team in 1950 was arguably the worst of all time at 2-8 with only a single win over a power 5 team (Baylor) and with losses to Tulsa and Vandy.  His 1952 team also went 2-8 but had two power 5 wins.

September 23, 1950
Oklahoma A&M*
War Memorial Stadium • Little Rock, AR
L 7–12  

September 30, 1950
North Texas*
Razorback Stadium • Fayetteville, AR
W 50–6  

October 7, 1950
at TCU
Amon G. Carter Stadium • Ft. Worth, TX
L 6–13  

October 14, 1950
Baylor
W 27–6  

October 21, 1950
at No. 7 Texas
Texas Memorial Stadium • Austin, TX
L 14–19  

October 28, 1950
Vanderbilt*
L 13–14  

November 4, 1950
at Texas A&M
Kyle Field • College Station, TX (Rivalry)
L 13–42  

November 11, 1950
Rice
L 6–9  

November 18, 1950
No. 14 SMU
L 7–14  

November 23, 1950
at Tulsa*
Skelly Field • Tulsa, OK
L 13–28  

farmhawg

Not the worst team, the worst coach.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

shown006

Bielema is the coach of the worst 2 teams since the Hogs have been in the SEC.  John L's team won 2 SEC games and Kines took over after Crowe was fired in his first game after losing to the Citadel, and actually won at #4 ranked Tennessee in Knoxville.
WPS!

Bacons Rebellion

No so fast. JLS beat Auburn.

shown006

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on October 07, 2017, 09:27:07 pm
No so fast. JLS beat Auburn.

And Kentucky.  2-6.  Bielema will be lucky to go 1-7.  He already has a 0-8 season to his credit.
WPS!

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on October 07, 2017, 09:15:52 pm
Otis Douglas first team in 1950 was arguably the worst of all time at 2-8 with only a single win over a power 5 team (Baylor) and with losses to Tulsa and Vandy.  His 1952 team also went 2-8 but had two power 5 wins.

1932 gives Otis a good run. Tying Hendrix? Really?

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on October 07, 2017, 09:31:46 pm
1932 gives Otis a good run. Tying Hendrix? Really?

Good point.  Not much question though that Douglas' entire 3 years was the bottom.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: nwa_razorback_coffee on October 07, 2017, 06:46:41 pm
Sunshine anyone?

I heard him on the post game radio tonight say that the Hog offense was in great shape to win the game - until the 3 turnovers in the 3rd quarter effectively put the game out of reach. Had those turnovers not happened, the hogs had a great chance to win the game.

My dearly departed father used to retort to this type of spin in the same manner every time, "Yeah, well, if the dog hadn't stopped to take a s**t he would've caught the rabbit."

Yeah, well, Rick, they did happen, and both sides of the football melted away after they did.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Ben on October 07, 2017, 06:44:34 pm
The team that lost to Citadel takes the cake

There is some doubt that this 2017 Razorbacks team would beat that Citadel team.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Crazy idea, i'm sure everyone has their own crystal ball but perhaps we should wait till the end of the season to determine if we are the worst of all time...

HardCore

Not really....I think the JLS team was better
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Razorback7

From what has happened so far this season. I would say if this team was at a bar with all the other bad teams in Arkansas history, this team would say hold my beer and watch this. I have seen some bad teams but I have never seen one get progressively worse as the season went on like this one has.  Nothing absolutely nothing has gotten better.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on October 07, 2017, 10:24:53 pm
Good point.  Not much question though that Douglas' entire 3 years was the bottom.

No argument on Douglas. And even though it was before our time, I like the stories about Fred Thomsen (1932) as coach. A Mike Leach / Hal Mumme offense in the 1930s must have been a lot of fun to watch.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: KennyForAD on October 07, 2017, 06:24:50 pm
This easily the worst team I've seen at Arkansas, but I only go back to 1963.  I wonder if its the worst of all time.

Nope.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

EulessHog

Quote from: alohawg on October 07, 2017, 08:19:20 pm
They're bad enough to get any coach at any FBS school that is serious about their program, fired.
Not firing Beliema may be the worst decision in school history football wise though. The damage being done may end up make the buyout small potatoes looking back.
It will be enough to get Long fired.  He snuck out into the night to bring this fat freak to the U of A.  Even the pro-Bielema fools on Hogville do not have their backs now.
Go Hogs Go!

KennyForAD

We have exactly ONE legitimate player - Agim.   Worst team ever.

PORKULATOR

You guys are ridiculous if you think this is the worst team you've seen.
Some of those early 90's teams were laughable. BP's first team... Smiley's hogs

Bad online, decent team. Predictable coaches
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

KennyForAD

Quote from: PORKULATOR on October 08, 2017, 09:52:07 am

Your eyes haven't opened yet.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: PORKULATOR on October 08, 2017, 09:52:07 am

Not the worst talent; the worst team.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

GTOWNHOG

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 07, 2017, 06:32:47 pm
This team may not win an SEC game and the league is way down.

It is HDN "OLE MISS" bad........
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: KennyForAD on October 07, 2017, 06:24:50 pm
This easily the worst team I've seen at Arkansas, but I only go back to 1963.  I wonder if its the worst of all time.
To properly answer that question we still have to see how the entire season plays out. That being said, it certainly isn't looking good as we speak.

Augustus

LOL remember when some on here were predicting 9 or 10 wins this season?