Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KeVaughan Allen

Started by PoormansRobbyHampton, January 28, 2014, 12:20:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hogfather

Quote from: mbgrulz on February 18, 2014, 12:53:06 pm
JMO, but no way is Allen a better HS player or pro prospect than Monk.

That's not to say he isn't a stud, but Monk is taller, smoother, more skilled, and more explosive. 

I'm with you, based on what I've seen.

Hawg Red

I saw Monk and Allen both play last year. I thought Allen was the better player then. By far. Just did more things. Malik only looked to score the ball, but I haven't seen Malik play yet this season. I figure he's improved a lot, as players at that age and talent level do.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 17, 2014, 06:50:52 pm
If by "one of those guys", you mean taking what you said literally and not assuming -- sure. Not every kid is like Bobby Portis. Sometimes you just have to wait an in-state kid out and convince him to come. It happens. We might not be in Allen's top 3-5 right now, or we might be. Can only go on what's being said, but if some of those teams at the top end up getting other players, we're right back in the mix. Sometimes you benefit from a bigger school going with another player. I just don't like this whole "if they put themselves before the Hogs, move on" thinking because most kids are going to put themselves before any school and they should.
You cant put to much faith on kids not high on your school. You dont have enough recruiting spots in bball to bank on getting one kid and failing. Then your grabbing at whats left.
As for being right back in the mix if the unforeseen happens, thats what the contact info is for.

peace and pig sooie
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Hawg Red

There's a difference between a player not being high on your school and putting himself before the school. They're all going to put themselves before and ahead of EVERY school in the recruiting process. This whole spat started with how we don't need to recruit players who "put themselves above the Hogs" or something like that.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Anyone hear anything new on Allen?

klp1

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on February 21, 2014, 03:51:06 pm
Anyone hear anything new on Allen?

he is supposed to be at the KU/Texas game tomorrow