Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just got word to expect John L. Smith

Started by HogPitBBQ, November 24, 2012, 09:08:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogPitBBQ

to be thanked and then dismissed today. An announcement is not eminent nor will it happen this weekend. This is from someone who directly works with Razorback football.
Hurdle the weak.....
Trample the dead!

Razorod

Thanks for the info. Sounds reasonable, especially if our new coach has a game next weekend.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

huntindoc

Why dismiss him if you aren't ready to name his replacement?

StreetThief99

Quote from: Shocktheman on September 25, 2010, 07:33:57 am
Guys Im outnumbered here at FOB Sharana. . .Taliban outside the wire and Bama fans inside!  Send Hogs fans with beer immediately!

CallThemHawgs!

Great, im sure the recruiting will continue at an incredibly high level in the meantime.

yeah...

immahog

pat forde all so said the same this morning......but I say we should look for a coach to be named the following Monday
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

SquidBilly

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on November 24, 2012, 09:12:09 am
Great, im sure the recruiting will continue at an incredibly high level in the meantime.

yeah...

No recruits decision is hinging on John L's future.

texas tush hog

Quote from: immahog on November 24, 2012, 09:17:40 am
pat forde all so said the same this morning......but I say we should look for a coach to be named the following Monday

If we do not have a coach after six months of this torture, epic fail.

The_Iceman

Quote from: huntindoc on November 24, 2012, 09:11:15 am

You can't have two people hired for the same job.

Broadway Rob

You need some separation.  Everyone knows that JLS won't be retained but you can't make simultaneous announcements.  It has to appear that you have a legitimate job vacancy for a certain period of time; say one one week, and then hire the new coach.  Just my opinion, but Long will try to be politically correct here.
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

Broadway Rob

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 24, 2012, 09:23:48 am
You can't have two people hired for the same job.

Sorry iceman, didn't see that you already answered this. 
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

56Hog

I think the Razorbacks might have preferred it better if he had been dismissed yesterday morning.
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

WilsonHog

I don't expect an announcement for another week or so.

Oliver

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 24, 2012, 09:31:38 am
I don't expect an announcement for another week or so.

Good.  Nothing good can come from an announcement this weekend except Gruden which isn't happening

ballhog™

I expect an announcement in about 10 days...but don't be surprised if there is one sooner than that...or later
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Oliver on November 24, 2012, 09:32:55 am
Good.  Nothing good can come from an announcement this weekend except Gruden which isn't happening

Yeah, I dont blame him for not having a coach wrapped up.... this whole thing was just so, sudden.

WilsonHog

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on November 24, 2012, 09:35:19 am
Yeah, I dont blame him for not having a coach wrapped up.... this whole thing was just so, sudden.

He can't wrap up a coach who is currently working.

Oliver

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on November 24, 2012, 09:35:19 am

He might.  But you aren't going to introduce a coach before their regular season (pre-bowl) is over.  There isn't a coach we are after that is worth getting whose season ends this weekend.

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

razorbackcpa

Quote from: ballhog™ on November 24, 2012, 09:34:33 am
I expect an announcement in about 10 days...but don't be surprised if there is one sooner than that...or later

I see what you did there.

immahog

Quote from: ballhog™ on November 24, 2012, 09:34:33 am
way to step out there
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

HogWall Jackson

Quote from: HogPitBBQ on November 24, 2012, 09:08:41 am
to be thanked and then dismissed today. An announcement is not eminent nor will it happen this weekend. This is from someone who directly works with Razorback football.

I would make sure he took a polygraph on the way out the door.

Choctaw Hog

Why not dismiss him when you know he is gone?  It's a formality.