Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Cleats!

Started by TheBigGriffkowski, January 27, 2018, 11:38:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigGriffkowski

OrvilleRedenporker

hawgon

Thank goodness.  I really hated the black cleat look.

flagstaffhog

I like white cleats.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

hobhog

Shoes fine. White helmets suck.

Redhogs

Quote from: TheBigGriffkowski on January 27, 2018, 11:38:46 am
I know it's not "Big" news, but Coach Chad Morris posted these.

https://twitter.com/coachchadmorris/status/957301859856896000
All for it if it stops all the foot problems  ;) ;)
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Lao Tsuie

Hmmm, hightops, they saved me in basketball. All that stuff looks badazzz

Now let's rock the house!!

Soooie21

They make you look faster...

ricepig

Quote from: hobhog on January 27, 2018, 11:55:15 am

Correct, we need anthracite or the red chrome ones full time!

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Lao Tsuie

I call myself a traditiolist but I really liked the red chrome and I know it sounds crazy even to me but those red white and blue hogs on the helmets were das bomb!

PonderinHog

After Labor Day ???

You've been warned...

Hawgphat

I really like the white shoes look, personally.

However, I am VERY MUCH a traditionalist; I DO NOT AT ALL like the anthracite and red chrome look.

I also have a very firm conviction that no one cares in the least what I like or dislike; - - but since others are expressing their opinions on the proposed uniform particulars, I thought I'd add my "72-year-old traditionalist" perspective to the general mix.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

JONAS

Quote from: TheBigGriffkowski on January 27, 2018, 11:38:46 am
I know it's not "Big" news, but Coach Chad Morris posted these.

https://twitter.com/coachchadmorris/status/957301859856896000

I see that white helmet.  Hope we were those in a few games.

TeufelHog

No wonder we have foot issues. Look at the "cleats/knobs/spikes/whatever you call'em on those things.  They're ridiculous.

kennypig

I agree. I just don't care for the white helmets. They have that early 1950's look.
Now if they'll remove the "hog tusks" from the jersey shoulders, I'll be good.
And when Coach Morris calls me for my opinion, that's what I'm telling him.

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

SooieGeneris

It's about time! Way past time actually. We've been wearing those Penn State circa 1970 black shoes for several years.

Bert had no use for new-fangled stuff like speed and white shoes. Let's get those DBs more worried about their 40 time and agility than bench pressing a Buick.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

ricepig

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 27, 2018, 01:51:24 pm
It's about time! Way past time actually. We've been wearing those Penn State circa 1970 black shoes for several years.

Bert had no use for new-fangled stuff like speed and white shoes. Let's get those DBs more worried about their 40 time and agility than bench pressing a Buick.

We started out the season with white cleats in 2015, a couple of broken feet and two defeats later, we went back to the black ones.

Danimal

Quote from: hawgon on January 27, 2018, 11:42:10 am
Thank goodness.  I really hated the black cleat look.
Agreed. Stop trying to look like Bama.

Got an idea.  Because we want so much that each player be able to EXPRESS himself, and we have so much time tied up in Hogvillers wishing to become designers, why not just let each player decide game by game what he wishes to wear.  Just do a mix and match any way they wish so long as it does indicate Hogs on it somewhere.  You could have all the colors possible in tops, bottoms, socks, shoes and helmets.  On really cold outings, players might decide to wear mufflers, scarfs, kerchiefs, maybe even ear muffs.  Perhaps an overcoat for the really, really cold outings.

pigture perfect

Red, Chrome and Athracite are the new colors. White pants and cleats. I like that look.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hobhog

Quote from: 12247 on January 27, 2018, 02:33:57 pm
Got an idea.  Because we want so much that each player be able to EXPRESS himself, and we have so much time tied up in Hogvillers wishing to become designers, why not just let each player decide game by game what he wishes to wear.  Just do a mix and match any way they wish so long as it does indicate Hogs on it somewhere.  You could have all the colors possible in tops, bottoms, socks, shoes and helmets.  On really cold outings, players might decide to wear mufflers, scarfs, kerchiefs, maybe even ear muffs.  Perhaps an overcoat for the really, really cold outings.

Why not have a fan pole every week? Rainbow would be cool. Or tye dye....

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Danimal on January 27, 2018, 02:14:17 pm
Agreed. Stop trying to look like Bama.
Who said that other than you?

PonderinHog

I guess it could be worse...

ricepig

Quote from: hobhog on January 27, 2018, 03:20:39 pm
Why not have a fan pole every week? Rainbow would be cool. Or tye dye....

Frito Pie pole

Hog N Bama

jgphillips3

Laughing Hog

Black shoes make make ya look slow, if ya look slow, ya feel slow, if ya feel slow then ya are slow... and we have been s.l.o.w............ glad ccm understands that speed kills

Fat man on the sidelines brought that awesome BIG 10 speed to the SEC to 'bring us something we've never had before"

Glad we're going back to white shoes; while we're at it, no more helmet stickers please
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

twistitup

I saw CBB picking up some coffee yesterday in Fville - was wearing white shoes....I bet he had input on this before he got canned.

He was still huge, BUT dude was moving fast and I knew it had to be those white shoes.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

twistitup

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: twistitup on January 27, 2018, 04:18:17 pm
I saw CBB picking up some coffee yesterday in Fville - was wearing white shoes....I bet he had input on this before he got canned.

He was still huge, BUT dude was moving fast and I knew it had to be those white shoes.
You're an artist twist... A g'darned genius.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

colbs

I think some fans pick and choose what traditions are ok to break.  For example changing the Hog at BWA was breaking tradition but adding the Hog at midfield at DWRS was not.  Back in the 60's and many years in between they wore black cleats.  That is not breaking tradition but wearing chrome/white/anthracite helmets or anthracite uniforms for one game a year is.  Keep in mind at one time the helmet was white. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 27, 2018, 04:26:18 pm
You're an artist twist... A g'darned genius.
Hell, I almost believed him there for a minute!

hawgmasta

ChitownHawg

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Arkansas Fan

I'd like to see us in black socks and shoes.

Freebrd

Yes to white cleats,  HECK NO to white bobble head helmets :puke:

k.c.hawg

It would be very cool to give every player the nickname "white shoes" between first and last name. Chase "White Shoes" Hayden, Haden "White Shoes" Henry, Ryan "White Shoes" Pulley, Hjalte "White Shoes" Froholdt????? Uhhh ohh maybe not.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

AirWarren

Quote from: Freebrd on January 27, 2018, 10:15:40 pm
Yes to white cleats,  HECK NO to white bobble head helmets :puke:

And ugly matte red helmet.

Bacons Rebellion

We wore white helmets in the 50s. I'm good with them.

sickboy

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on January 28, 2018, 09:45:29 am
We wore white helmets in the 50s. I'm good with them.

Everything was white in the 50's.

PonderinHog

twistitup

Quote from: sickboy on January 28, 2018, 11:32:07 am
Everything was white in the 50's.

Except the game of pool - it's always been a multiracial experience.

The white ball does win by knocking the rest of the colors in the holes....go figure

liljo

Quote from: twistitup on January 27, 2018, 04:18:17 pm

Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

War Boar

Quote from: colbs on January 27, 2018, 04:36:26 pm
I think some fans pick and choose what traditions are ok to break.  For example changing the Hog at BWA was breaking tradition but adding the Hog at midfield at DWRS was not.  Back in the 60's and many years in between they wore black cleats.  That is not breaking tradition but wearing chrome/white/anthracite helmets or anthracite uniforms for one game a year is.  Keep in mind at one time the helmet was white.

^^This^^