Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Going to Vegas... Looking for ideas

Started by onebadrubi, February 07, 2017, 01:51:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Going to Vegas next week with the fiancé.  We've both been (not together however) but just looking for a few ideas that maybe we don't know of yet.

Looking for a good night club or two/bar. 

Always up for something to do fun

Staying at the aria

Looking for any new ideas on restaurants, bars, clubs, random fun things people have done.

Junkyard Hog

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 07, 2017, 01:51:55 am
Going to Vegas next week with the fiancé.  We've both been (not together however) but just looking for a few ideas that maybe we don't know of yet.

Looking for a good night club or two/bar. 

Always up for something to do fun

Staying at the aria

Looking for any new ideas on restaurants, bars, clubs, random fun things people have done.

We go multiple times a year.  Not much on the club scene but we eat great while we're there.  What type of food are you looking for?

Also, this past trip we went to the Valley of Fire for an afternoon of hiking/sightseeing.  It was awesome and a nice break from the strip.

We also visited the Mob Museum.  Definitely worth a visit if you're into that type of thing.

Dropkick

Top Golf is fun even if you are not a golfer.

Joes Stone Crab is awesome but a little pricey.

We also enjoyed El Segundo for lunch. Awesome margaritas!

onebadrubi

Just looking for new ideas. 

Definitely will check out the mob museum. That would be cool.

Junkyard Hog

Best breakfast spot is Mon Ami Gabi at Paris or Bouchon at Venetian.  If you like old school try Peppermill.

For lunch we like to have the Drunken Noodles at Wazuzu at Encore.

As mentioned earlier, Joe's is really good.

Our favorite steak house is CUT at Palazzo.

Fancy tasting menus we really like with wine pairings are Le Cirque and Michael Mina at Bellagio.  We've also had a great tasting menu at Sage at Aria.  The cool thing there is they also offer a beer pairing.

As far as shows we've been to a lot of them but the only one we've seen more than once is Absinthe at Caesar's (seen it 3 times).  It is the most hilarious, spectacular show you can see.  Plenty of dirty humor and politically uncorrect humor with a ton of foul language.  But hey, it's Vegas.

Another good idea to score major points with the wife is Baz at Palazzo.  We saw it a couple of weeks ago.  If she likes the movies Moulin Rouge, Romeo and Juliet, and/or Great Gatsby by Baz Lurhman she'll love the show.  My wife's favorite is Moulin Rouge and she was ecstatic about the show.  Hell, I even really enjoyed it.  We sat in the section on the floor with tables and had a waitress to bring us drinks.  Really good time.

Jackrabbit Hog

Well whatever you do, don't take your fiancee to a Wayne Newton show. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 08, 2017, 02:48:56 pm
Well whatever you do, don't take your fiancee to a Wayne Newton show.

Hey, if I leave with Papageorgio success I might be ok with that!

hogbud

Red Square Vodka Bar at Mandalay Bay....check out the vault.
You'll leave snockered.

oldhawg

bennyl08

Well, you are a short drive away from Death Valley, with some great hikes there.

There's some good climbing at Red Rocks, just outside of Vegas.

Obviously lots to do at Lake Mead.

Finally, not too far away from the less visited Grand Canyon/Parashant Natl Monument.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

onebadrubi

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 20, 2017, 03:27:58 pm
Well, you are a short drive away from Death Valley, with some great hikes there.

There's some good climbing at Red Rocks, just outside of Vegas.

Obviously lots to do at Lake Mead.

Finally, not too far away from the less visited Grand Canyon/Parashant Natl Monument.

Dude, you don't go to vegas for active things, at least this beer drinkin drunk doesn't.  NO really tho thanks. 

We had some good and not so good times. 

Stay the F away from Giada or whatever italian join in the Cromwell.  She has some cooking show and is suppose to be amazing the women said, well $250 later and I'd rather a wendy's burger and fry. 

Diablo's mexican is absolutely amazing and it's right across from MGM.  Also the Voodoo steakhouse in the Rio was great along with one of the best views in the city.  Highly recommend both!

bennyl08

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 20, 2017, 04:42:39 pm
Dude, you don't go to vegas for active things, at least this beer drinkin drunk doesn't.  NO really tho thanks. 

We had some good and not so good times. 

Stay the F away from Giada or whatever italian join in the Cromwell.  She has some cooking show and is suppose to be amazing the women said, well $250 later and I'd rather a wendy's burger and fry. 

Diablo's mexican is absolutely amazing and it's right across from MGM.  Also the Voodoo steakhouse in the Rio was great along with one of the best views in the city.  Highly recommend both!

No, most don't. The only time I have been in Vegas was to get an oil change during an 8,000 mile road trip because I wanted to make sure my car was in tip top shape driving back towards Arkansas from Death Valley. I also wasn't old enough to drink at the time otherwise I might have done something a bit more exciting than sit in a Midas for an hour during the heat of the day.

*Side note, Death Valley in late June isn't the most pleasant time to be there. The lows at night are around 95 degrees... Not the easiest of conditions to camp in.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

majestic

I don't even like fish, but the fish and chips at Ellis Island is outstanding and costs like $6 with a free beer brewed on site.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

DeltaBoy

The Girls went and loved the Hoover Dam and seeing Garth Brooks.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.