20.   Texas A&M   Louisville   Mississippi State
21.   Florida   West Virginia   Maryland
22.   Michigan State      Florida        Minnesota
23.   Minnesota        Baylor          NC State
24.   NC State   NC State   Oklahoma State
25.   USC         Oklahoma State      Florida
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Al Boarland

And that's why the mountain is so hard to climb.

ChopSooie

This ranking is dependent on number of recruits. Avg score per recruit is what matters. What is our ranking by that.

Al Boarland

Quote from: ChopSooie on December 20, 2017, 07:23:37 pm
This ranking is dependent on number of recruits. Avg score per recruit is what matters. What is our ranking by that.

Close to last in the SEC.

userpick

BR

SEC Recruiting Classes ranked in the ESPN Top 50:

1) Georgia
6) Alabama
9) Auburn
12) LSU
18) South Carolina
20) Mississippi State
25) Florida
26) Texas A&M
32) Kentucky
34) Vanderbilt
38) Mizzou
39) Ole Miss
44) Tennessee
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Dr. Starcs

Last check we were 75th. Last in the conference.

Not sure why the thread got deleted in mmqb

Bogustus

On 247 based on average stars we would be 33rd overall and 12th in SEC.

Only have 10 commits.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Bogustus on December 20, 2017, 09:44:32 pm

Only have 10 commits.
Mattingly said we were last among the P-5 schools....gonna be a loooooooooooooooong next 5 years. Our best shot at a bowl game may be next season because of all the returning players that were injured. Past that, we won't make a bowl game until after Trump runs for his second term.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

searkhogfan

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 20, 2017, 09:48:58 pm
Mattingly said we were last among the P-5 schools....gonna be a loooooooooooooooong next 5 years. Our best shot at a bowl game may be next season because of all the returning players that were injured. Past that, we won't make a bowl game until after Trump runs for his second term.

The Sky is Fallin', The Sky is Fallin', 

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Bogustus on December 20, 2017, 09:44:32 pm

Only have 10 commits.
This is what we should focus on.  Not overall rankings, but this shows what the quality is.  I'm not excited about 33 though. 

ChicoHog

The real measurement is after the Feb signing date and then putting the entire class together.  I sure hope we finish better than 75th!   We need to be in the top 30 minimum.  For 2019 and beyond we need to be in the top 20 if we want to compete on a yearly basis. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Al Boarland on December 20, 2017, 07:37:26 pm
Close to last in the SEC.
doesnt matter at all, it's just the early signing period. You dont seriously think we are staying pat do you?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 20, 2017, 10:00:11 pm
The Sky is Fallin', The Sky is Fallin',
Doesn't have a dam thing to do with the sky.

searkhogfan

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 20, 2017, 10:13:45 pm

Sure it does, Chicken Little.  For the Gloom & Doomers, the Sky is Fallin'...

East TN HAWG

I think its fair for folks question recruiting until Morris shuts everyone up with results.  He does not have a stellar track record as a HC.  He did well at Clemson with Dabo as the closer.   

For me, a successful class in his first year should be a 23-28 ranked class by average stars (In Feb.)  Someone stated earlier that we are currently ranked 33.  Hopefully, he can improve on that a little. 

Next year if he is good, he will have a monster year: Burks, Henry, Gunnell, B Williams.  Its there for the taking.  Can he do it??

Pig in the Pokey

the man is going sign a top 15 class next year.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 20, 2017, 10:32:40 pm
the man is going sign a top 15 class next year.
Hope so.  We have more ties to elite players for next year than I can remember.  He needs to get the four I mentioned to commit early, and get the ball moving. 

rljjr

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 20, 2017, 10:10:06 pm
The real measurement is after the Feb signing date and then putting the entire class together.  I sure hope we finish better than 75th!   We need to be in the top 30 minimum.  For 2019 and beyond we need to be in the top 20 if we want to compete on a yearly basis. 

Look, we're not going to get there due to the numbers of recruits. It's just not happening. Doesn't matter. It's all good.

Muskliketusk

Who cares? Our coaching is 5* and that's all that matters.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

Vantage 8 dude

I'm so very delighted that you can foretell the future with so much unerring accuracy. Yep, haven't played a game (much less had a practice) under Morris, even had a full coaching staff filled out, had a full season to recruit and already you're saying "it's over, it's over". Well, perhaps it will turn out to be that way; heck, anyone can make a "pull it out of your rear" prediction. As to whether or not it turns out to be accurate ??? Well as we know, only time will tell. Personally since I have absolutely no real control over the future, Hog-related or otherwise, I'll sit back and see what actually develops both on and off the field. There will plenty of time to wail, gnash our teeth, bitch and moan, boycott games, argue back and forth on HV and elsewhere if/when things actually don't work out.

BTW not to get political, but what happens if Trump doesn't run for a 2nd term? Does that mean we won't play in a bowl ever again ??? Or are you guaranteeing that as well.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Doubtful, but President Trump may be on his 2nd term when we win our "Yuge, Just Yuge" National championship...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Beached

Washington used to be in the dumps.  Coaching and WINNING both matter.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 20, 2017, 10:12:41 pm
doesnt matter at all, it's just the early signing period. You dont seriously think we are staying pat do you?

I seriously think we will never recruit well enough to contend consistently. You can't have very few elite in-state players and be the 4th best option in the state you want to recruit hard and be a contender.

Doesn't mean we can't have pretty good seasons with the right coach.

Al Boarland

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 20, 2017, 10:17:22 pm
Sure it does, Chicken Little.  For the Gloom & Doomers, the Sky is Fallin'...

This is the common response when people lay out the reality of the situation. It's a defense mechanism.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Muskliketusk on December 20, 2017, 10:41:24 pm
Who cares? Our coaching is 5* and that's all that matters.

What about the other 5* coaches with 5* players we face every season?

Wooderson

Quote from: Al Boarland on December 21, 2017, 03:33:38 am
This is the common response when people lay out the reality of the situation. It's a defense mechanism.

It reminds me of the Nutt days. Blind loyalty by a bunch of tough guys on here. They resort to personal attacks because they have nothing to fall back on. It's comical. They are trying so hard to bait people. EAD

In the end Coach Morris has done a decent job recruiting given the early signing period.  Thankfully we don't have to sign a large number this year.  Hopefully he can find some impact players in the late period.  I wonder how Mississippi State fared in dealing with the early signing period.  It looks like he has done a great job getting 2019 offers out. 
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Wooderson

Quote from: Al Boarland on December 21, 2017, 03:35:40 am
What about the other 5* coaches with 5* players we face every season?

Yep, you have to have both. I think it's funny that Bo was promoting that recruiting rankings don't change. He is a great mouthpiece for the athletic department. The fact is they haven't changed because we haven't hired a coach that was a stellar recruiter yet. We need a coach that can make it happen like Freeze did at Ole Miss.  Somewhere there is a coach that can get us in the top 15. I hope it's Chad.

searkhogfan

Quote from: Wooderson on December 21, 2017, 05:22:27 am
It reminds me of the Nutt days. Blind loyalty by a bunch of tough guys on here. They resort to personal attacks because they have nothing to fall back on. It's comical. They are trying so hard to bait people. EAD

In the end Coach Morris has done a decent job recruiting given the early signing period.  Thankfully we don't have to sign a large number this year.  Hopefully he can find some impact players in the late period.  I wonder how Mississippi State fared in dealing with the early signing period.  It looks like he has done a great job getting 2019 offers out. 

Are you feeling Bullied?? And MSU & Arkansas are totally different situations. 

Wooderson

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 21, 2017, 06:19:33 am
Are you feeling Bullied?? And MSU & Arkansas are totally different situations. 

I think I can take it.  How are they totally different?  I haven't looked, but I am just curious if he was able to pull some top talent that was not already committed.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Wooderson on December 21, 2017, 05:26:29 am
Yep, you have to have both. I think it's funny that Bo was promoting that recruiting rankings don't change. He is a great mouthpiece for the athletic department. The fact is they haven't changed because we haven't hired a coach that was a stellar recruiter yet. We need a coach that can make it happen like Freeze did at Ole Miss.  Somewhere there is a coach that can get us in the top 15. I hope it's Chad.

If it wasn't for the early signing period, this class would look a lot different. Don't be so stupid to compare Morris's first class to the others. This early signing period is a disaster for new coaches.

A true indication of his recruiting ability, and not a conclusion made by you for your agenda, will come in the 2019 class when he has had time to build relationships.

Wooderson

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 21, 2017, 06:57:23 am
If it wasn't for the early signing period, this class would look a lot different. Don't be so stupid to compare Morris's first class to the others. This early signing period is a disaster for new coaches.

A true indication of his recruiting ability, and not a conclusion made by you for your agenda, will come in the 2019 class when he has had time to build relationships.

I agree it is not wise to compare it to a Hugh Freeze class yet, but it would be wise to compare what the coaches that made moves did in comparison.  Completely rational to compare what gains and losses Mississippi State had with Moorehead to what we had with Morris.  A quick glance and it looks comparable.  Curious what Pruitt was able to do at Tennessee.  Luke would not be a good one because he was there all year.  Also need to see what Jimbo did at A&M in comparison.

By the way, what is my agenda?  I can tell you it's what Coach Morris said.  It's probably my favorite thing about Coach Morris.  His standard is best. 

From Tusk Till Dawn

The more I listen to CMM the more I like him.  Additionally, he was disadvantaged with the early signing period so that has to be considered when evaluating the class.  So this was expected for me because he wasn't a big hire with name recognition.  His announcement as our coach didnt create alot of buzz with recruits.  For example, this would have been his first season to ever go to a bowl game as a HC.  He did flip some recruits but how many of the SMU flips would be on our radar anyway.  Im not worried bout national recruiting rankings just those in the secw.  Unfortunately being dead last means he will need to coach em up, im hopeful he does.

nwahogfan1

Recruiting is so subjective.  I don't think Arkansas will probable ever have a top 15 recruiting class until we start finishing ranked in the top 15 because so many recruits rankings go up or down based on who signs them.   Crazy but true.

Right now we need to sign the right kids who make us faster and more athletic that will fit our needs and our new schemes.   Then we must start winning games.   When we start winning, our beautiful stadium will fill up with wild crazy loyal fans then our ratings go up and our recruiting rankings so up.

Takes time to completely change our scheme and recruit his guys but if we hired the right coach this will happen.  We gave CBB 5 years so we must give Morris some time.

Hou-Hog

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 20, 2017, 10:13:45 pm
Quote from: East TN HAWG on December 20, 2017, 10:30:51 pm
I think its fair for folks question recruiting until Morris shuts everyone up with results.  He does not have a stellar track record as a HC.  He did well at Clemson with Dabo as the closer.   

For me, a successful class in his first year should be a 23-28 ranked class by average stars (In Feb.)  Someone stated earlier that we are currently ranked 33.  Hopefully, he can improve on that a little. 

Next year if he is good, he will have a monster year: Burks, Henry, Gunnell, B Williams.  Its there for the taking.  Can he do it??
The guy had Less than two weeks.  Being critical of the early signing class is ridiculous. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Talent-wise, the current class looks like every other previous class, but smaller numbers.  Some nice pieces, but not nearly enough.  The scholarship limits dicated the low numbers this year, and I'd have to say it's the perfect year for us to have had a coaching change.  The class was going to look like this regardless, so I'm not any less optimistic about the future. 

And Now CM has the good fortune to come upon a potential banner instate class for 2019...Burks, Henry, Thomas, Wilkins, etc...  Find a way to sign them with a handful of TX blue chippers, and we're off to a great start.  Could you image had we allowed BB to stay another year, then fired him next Novemeber in the middle of the 2019 recruiting season?  Possible disaster.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

DeltaBoy

This year is a wash IMO lets see hour 2018 and 19 pan out.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hawgon

The only downfall to the Morris hire, other than passing on the better coach, Norvell, was that his name brought very little built in excitement.  Nothing about Morris makes recruits take notice and immediately want to play for him.  He is going to have to do it all on his own.

The good news is that he is a good coach, plays an exciting style of ball, has an infectious personality, and would appear to be a tireless worker.  All that points to success in the future.  This year was going to be tough no matter what. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hawgon on December 21, 2017, 08:31:33 am

The good news is that he is a good coach, plays an exciting style of ball, has an infectious personality, and would appear to be a tireless worker.  All that points to success in the future.  This year was going to be tough no matter what. 

Excatly what we need right now.  2019 will show us just how connected he is with TX recruiting.  Showing measureable improvement in the 2018 season will help. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

jackflash

way to early for us to be  singing the Blues. We haven't given Morris and his staff a fair chance to see what he can do only been two weeks

woodrow hog call

Yeah well you had Hoop Hogs losing to ORU about two minutes into the game the other night too. Your act is worn out we have all seen it, get a new gig.

How about celebrate the birth of CHRIST, and be happy!
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

ricepig

Quote from: woodrow hog call on December 21, 2017, 08:57:40 am

Yeah well you had Hoop Hogs losing to ORU about two minutes into the game the other night too. Your act is worn out we have all seen it, get a new gig.

How about celebrate the birth of CHRIST, and be happy!

You can't fix stupid, you can just overlook it, as the rest of us do.....

Beached

Quote from: Al Boarland on December 21, 2017, 03:32:20 am
I seriously think we will never recruit well enough to contend consistently. You can't have very few elite in-state players and be the 4th best option in the state you want to recruit hard and be a contender.

Absolutely not true.

See Washington.  Of the 18 that signed LOIs for them, only 4 from WA.  https://247sports.com/college/washington/Season/2018-Football/Commits

Currently #1 in the Pac-12. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 20, 2017, 11:35:40 pm
I'm so very delighted that you can foretell the future with so much unerring accuracy. Yep, haven't played a game (much less had a practice) under Morris, even had a full coaching staff filled out, had a full season to recruit and already you're saying "it's over, it's over". Well, perhaps it will turn out to be that way; heck, anyone can make a "pull it out of your rear" prediction. As to whether or not it turns out to be accurate ??? Well as we know, only time will tell. Personally since I have absolutely no real control over the future, Hog-related or otherwise, I'll sit back and see what actually develops both on and off the field. There will plenty of time to wail, gnash our teeth, bitch and moan, boycott games, argue back and forth on HV and elsewhere if/when things actually don't work out.

BTW not to get political, but what happens if Trump doesn't run for a 2nd term? Does that mean we won't play in a bowl ever again ??? Or are you guaranteeing that as well.
You quoted me as saying, "it's over, it's over", please show me where I typed the words, "it's over, it's over". And if you cannot find those words in my post, you need to quit putting quotation marks around words and tying them back to another member of this forum. The Trump statement was inferring a point in time, it absolutely has nothing to do with political beliefs. See, you twist people's words by falsely quoting them and then totally miss the mark on the Trump reference. Are you dumb or just flat out retarded ? And I do stand behind every word I posted although I would love to be wrong about the situation in which the UA football team finds itself. You quoted me, I want to see you provide proof where I typed what you quoted me as saying. Come on, azclown.

IronHog

The only downfall to the Morris hire, other than passing on the better coach, Norvell, was that his name brought very little built in excitement.  Nothing about Morris makes recruits take notice and immediately want to play for him.  He is going to have to do it all on his own.

If he can build a true family culture on the team he can recruit

Lots of these kids just want to be part of a good group. 
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: IronHog on December 21, 2017, 07:31:50 pm
If he can build a true family culture on the team he can recruit

Lots of these kids just want to be part of a good group.
Lane Kiffin was the correct hire for success. But once again, the UA gets more enjoyment out of being the 'nice guy' of the SEC. And we all know where nice guys finish. The most successful sport of the big three, football-basketball-baseball, is what ? The answer is baseball. What Arkansas coach of the Big 3 sports is least liked around the SEC. Yeah, that's right. And it pretty much proves my point about nice guys.

searkhogfan

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 21, 2017, 07:50:17 pm
Lane Kiffin was the correct hire for success. But once again, the UA gets more enjoyment out of being the 'nice guy' of the SEC. And we all know where nice guys finish. The most successful sport of the big three, football-basketball-baseball, is what ? The answer is baseball. What Arkansas coach of the Big 3 sports is least liked around the SEC. Yeah, that's right. And it pretty much proves my point about nice guys.

Wow,  that's all.  Just Wow..

hawginbigd1

Exactly why I didn't want Morris, needed a splash hire IMO, even GM who I also did not want, would have provided tons more buzz. I was a Venables guy originally but I kind of swung to wanting Kiffin. Some of his issues rub me the wrong way, but he can recruit with anybody and he can coach, so I was willing to take the risk for the possible reward. I am on board with CCM, hell I am a hog fan, I have no choice, I am not like all these weak sisters, oh I am going to find something better to do or support, I am going to be on HV, at the games or in front of the TV!

But there is nothing sexy about this hire, and very little splash.

Iwastherein1969

searkhogfan