Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee Football Recruiting

Started by jbcarol, February 05, 2016, 07:20:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

ALLVOL

Getting the ncaa investigation over with has been big in recruiting. Teams can no longer (not saying I blame them) use the unknown against UT.

jbcarol

Tennessee lands mammoth offensive tackle recruit out of Texas
Keith Farner | 1 MINUTE AGO

QuoteTennessee reached deep into the heart o' Texas to land its latest recruit, Bennett Warren, a 6-foot-7 1/2 and 330-pound offensive tackle.

Native of Sugar Land (Fort Bend Christian) is ranked the No. 8 offensive tackle and the No. 25 player in the Lonestar State.

Warren's the 19th commitment in this class, and the second-highest rated Vol commit. The class overall is ranked No. 8 in the country, and Warren joins an offensive line class that includes Max Anderson (OT), William Satterwhite (OG), Gage Ginther (OG) and Jesse Perry (OT).

jbcarol

Hayes Fawcett@Hayesfawcett3
·

BREAKING: Elite 2024 EDGE Jordan Ross has Committed to Tennessee!

The 6'5 225 EDGE from Birmingham, AL chose the Vols over Florida, Alabama, & Texas

"Tennessee is home for me!" #GBO 🍊

https://on3.com/college/tennessee-volunteers/news/jordan-ross-tennessee-volunteers-land-four-star-edge

ALLVOL

Quote from: jbcarol on August 22, 2023, 07:50:05 amHayes Fawcett@Hayesfawcett3
·

BREAKING: Elite 2024 EDGE Jordan Ross has Committed to Tennessee!

The 6'5 225 EDGE from Birmingham, AL chose the Vols over Florida, Alabama, & Texas

"Tennessee is home for me!" #GBO 🍊

https://on3.com/college/tennessee-volunteers/news/jordan-ross-tennessee-volunteers-land-four-star-edge

That is a very big get for UT. Not just getting a great player but taking him out of old man sabans back yard.

jbcarol

Tennessee 4-star commit Boo Carter visiting Colorado this weekend

QuoteChattanooga (Tenn.) Bradley Central four-star athlete and Tennessee commit Boo Carter will be in Boulder on a visit, according to an Instagram post from Carter's mother. The trip, which will be unofficial, was confirmed by Volquest's Matt Ray.

Carter is the No. 208 overall prospect in the 2024 cycle ... He's also the No. 9 athlete and No. 2 player in Tennessee.

Carter has already taken two trips to Colorado: on Jan. 28 and April 22. He committed to the Volunteers on June 17 and has since been back on Rocky Top for a game visit on Sept. 9 (last Saturday's buy game).

jbcarol

DYLAN LEWIS
@DylanlLewis
·
Follow
GBO🍊 @Hayesfawcett3 #GoVols

jbcarol

Wes Rucker@wesrucker247

After some rankings reshuffling from the analysts at @247Sports, Tennessee's 2024 recruiting class is now No. 6 nationally in average player rating.

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee//Season/2024-football-20241/CompositeTeamRankings

jbcarol

2025 CB Jaboree Antoine visiting Tennessee

QuoteNeyland Stadium will be a recruiting hotbed this weekend, as Tennessee hosts Texas A&M in a major SEC clash on Rocky Top.

Plenty of elite recruits will be in the building, including New Iberia (La.) Westgate four-star cornerback Jaboree Antoine. The 6-foot-1, 170-pounder is one of the highest-ranked prospects in the 2025.

jbcarol

BREAKING: Class of 2025 RB Justin Baker tells me he has Committed to Tennessee!

The 5'10 200 RB from Buford, GA chose the Vols over Michigan, South Carolina, & others

"To God be the glory. GBO🍊!"

https://on3.com/college/tennessee-volunteers/news/class-of-2025-rb-justin-baker-commits-to-tennessee

jbcarol

Tennessee football adds pledge from Tyler Redmond, Class of 2025 DB out of Georgia
Ethan Stone | 

QuoteTennessee football added a commitment out of Alpharetta, Georgia.

Vols beat out the likes of Ohio State and NC State for Class of 2025 defensive back Tyler Redmond, who stands at 6-2 and hails from Milton High, where he recently transferred.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Tennessee Volunteers: 2024 commit breakdown

By Hunter Shelton

QuoteTennessee is once again looking to finish with a top-15 recruiting class under Josh Heupel.

As of Dec. 14, Tennessee currently has 19 commitments, 10 of whom are projected to play on the offensive side of the ball.

Volunteers' class checks in at No. 13 in our nation; No. 8 in the SEC.

Tennessee's class consists of one five-star, 12 four-stars and six three-star prospects. The lone five-star committed to the Vols is Lilburn (Ga.) Parkview five-star wide receiver Mike Matthews. Birmingham (Ala.) Vestavia Hills four-star EDGE Jordan Ross flanks as the other top-100 prospect.

Six additional top-200 recruits are committed to Heupel and Tennessee: Savannah (Ga.) Calvary Day four-star quarterback Jake Merklinger, Aiken (S.C.) Strom Thurmond four-star WR Braylon Staley, Chattanooga (Tenn.) Bradley Central four-star athlete Boo Carter, Nashville Lipscomb Academy four-star cornerback Kaleb Beasley, Sugar Land (Texas) Fort Bend Christian four-star offensive tackle Bennett Warren and Salem (Va.) four-star running back Peyton Lewis.

Four-star and five-star prospects are rated as 'blue-chip' prospects — Tennessee's class sits at No. 6 nationally in @Blue-Chip percentage at 68.42%.

jbcarol

Tennessee lands commitment from elite transfer portal tight end
Spenser Davis |

QuoteVols picked up a commitment from former Notre Dame tight end Holden Staes. He picked the Vols over several other top programs, including Georgia, Washington and Oklahoma.

jbcarol

Tennessee reportedly lands transfer DB from in-state program, completes flip from Oregon State
Keith Farner | 25 minutes ago

QuoteTennessee landed a notable addition in the defensive backfield from a former Middle Tennessee State defensive back. But the Vols had to complete a flip from Oregon State first.

Jakobe Thomas initially committed to Oregon State on Thursday, but Thomas was reportedly convinced to visit Knoxville, and soon after committed to the Vols. This addition reverses a trend for the Vols after they'd seen a steady exodus of defensive backs.

Thomas is a former Tullahoma High standout.

jbcarol

Oregon State transfer CB Jermod McCoy commits to Tennessee

By Grant Grubbs

QuoteJermod McCoy only played one season for the Beavers. However, it was a promising freshman season. McCoy saw action in 11 regular season games for Oregon State. He had 31 total tackles, two interceptions, and a fumble recovery

McCoy played high school football at Whitehouse

jbcarol

5-star WR Mike Matthews signs with Tennessee

By Keegan Pope

QuoteLilburn (Ga.) Parkview five-star wide receiver and Tennessee commit Mike Matthews has signed with the Volunteers.

Matthews committed to Josh Heupel and Co. in July over Clemson, Georgia and USC.

"What makes Tennessee right for me are the culture, the tenacity that everyone has there, how crazy the fan base is and the offense," Matthews told On3. "Everyone is bought into what Tennessee is doing and they have great support. Their fans have also always stood out to me.

...Tennessee's offense may have been the biggest thing for me. They will throw the ball and allow me to show my talents and that was very important to me. Going to Tennessee will give me a great opportunity to produce on the field."

jbcarol

Wes Rucker@wesrucker247

#Vols coach Josh Heupel said he loves touted Tennessee QB signee Jake Merklinger but that the kid also needs to get spoon-fed and get ready in a hurry because of the depth situation.

Barring a wrinkle, Merklinger and Nico Iamaleava will be the only two scholarship QBs in 2024.

2:04 PM · Dec 20, 2023

jbcarol

Wes Rucker
@wesrucker247
Never claimed to be a recruiting expert and never will, but I think the per-capita potential of this Tennessee recruiting class is very good.

Understand the frustration from fans who watched #Vols come in second for some huge prospects this cycle. But they won some big battles.
12:10 AM · Dec 21, 2023
·

jbcarol

jbcarol

Wes Rucker@wesrucker247

***New @GoVols247 Podcast***

Tennessee adds commitment from Jack VanDorselaer — who sounds like a center back at Ajax but is actually a Top247 tight end prospect from Texas.

jbcarol

Tennessee adds experienced defender

Position of need

Grant Bricker | 

QuoteTennessee continues to add depth to the secondary with Jalen McMurray from Temple as the latest transfer commitment.

The transfer portal has not been kind to the Volunteers at secondary. Wesley Walker, Tamarion McDonald, Doneiko Slaughter, Brandon Turnage, and Warren Burrell are some of the names who have exited via the portal. On top of that, Kamal Hadden is heading to the NFL Draft after suffering a season-ending injury against Alabama.

jbcarol

Former Alabama tight end Miles Kitselman joins SEC rival via transfer portal, reports say

By Creg Stephenson |

QuoteFormer Alabama tight end Miles Kitselman is transferring to Tennessee, according to multiple reports.

Kitselman, a Lyndon, Kan., native, appeared in 19 games over the last two seasons at Alabama — playing mostly special teams, and catching a total of two passes on offense — after playing the 2021 season in junior college. He has one season of eligibility remaining.

jbcarol

Matt Zenitz
@mzenitz

The expectation is that former LSU five-star offensive tackle Lance Heard is going to transfer to Tennessee, sources tell @247sports.

@SWiltfong247 had previously posted that the Vols were in strong position with the Class of 2023 top-15 overall recruit.

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Board/114/Contents/lance-heard-update-225674142

jbcarol

BREAKING: Former LSU OT Lance Heard has Committed to Tennessee, a source tells @on3sports

The 6'6 340 OT is ranked as the No. 9 Player in the Transfer Portal (No. 2 OT)

Was a 5-Star Recruit in the '23 Class #GBO🍊

https://on3.com/news/former-lsu-ot-lance-heard-commits-to-tennessee

jbcarol

Stanford DL transfer Jaxson Moi commits to Tennessee

by:
Barkley Truax

QuoteStanford defensive lineman Jaxson Moi has transferred to Tennessee, he announced via social media on Sunday. He tallied 37 total tackles and 5.5 tackles for loss for the Cardinal during the 2023 season.

As a true freshman in 2022, Moi participated in all 12 games for the Cardinal. He was productive as well, compiling 22 tackles and 4.5 tackles for loss

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on January 21, 2024, 12:26:49 pmHayes Fawcett@Hayesfawcett3

BREAKING: Former LSU OT Lance Heard has Committed to Tennessee, a source tells @on3sports

The 6'6 340 OT is ranked as the No. 9 Player in the Transfer Portal (No. 2 OT)

Was a 5-Star Recruit in the '23 Class #GBO🍊

https://on3.com/news/former-lsu-ot-lance-heard-commits-to-tennessee

Wes Rucker
@wesrucker247
Tough to overstate the importance of Tennessee's addition of Lance Heard.

Elite (five-star) talent at a premium position where the #Vols had a serious need.
12:32 PM · Jan 21, 2024
·

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on January 21, 2024, 12:29:03 pmStanford DL transfer Jaxson Moi commits to Tennessee

by:
Barkley Truax

Wes Rucker
@wesrucker247
One of Tennessee's first Poly guys I covered was Albert Toeaina, who told me matter-of-factly with a straight face and complete conviction that Samoans were "God's chosen people."

Toeaina was 6-foot-6 and 360 pounds and sometimes had a short fuse, so I promptly agreed with him.
1:18 PM · Jan 21, 2024
·

jbcarol

George MacIntyre, 5-star QB out of Nashville area, announces SEC commitment
Keith Farner | 

QuoteGeorge MacIntyre is ready to play in the SEC, and has been for a while since his finalists were Alabama and Tennessee, with LSU reportedly also in the mix. Clemson, Michigan and UCLA have also been in the running during MacIntyre's recruitment.

MacIntyre shared at a ceremony at his school on Monday morning that he committed to Tennessee.

MacIntyre is the No. 3 quarterback in the Class of 2025

MacIntyre is the nephew of current Florida International head coach Mike MacIntyre. His grandfather is late former Vanderbilt head coach George MacIntyre. His father, Matt MacIntyre, played for Jack Harbaugh at Western

ALLVOL

This was a big get for Heupel. Will be interesting if he stays committed and we have two 5 star and one 4 star in the qb room next season. I can't imagine in todays world they all stay.

jbcarol

Shamar Arnoux decommits from Tennessee

by:
Hayes Fawcett

QuoteClass of 2025 cornerback Shamar Arnoux of Carrollton (GA) High announced his recommitment from Tennessee Saturday night.

6-foot-2, 180 pounder had been committed to the Volunteers since April.

Shamar Arnoux Recruiting Profile

jbcarol

National Signing Day 2024: Tennessee Volunteers | Full Preview + Expert Analysis

jbcarol

Class of 2025 WR Joakim Dodson commits to Tennessee
by:
Hayes Fawcett

QuoteClass of 2025 wide receiver Joakim Dodson of Collierville High announced his commitment to Tennessee Saturday afternoon.

The 6-foot-1, 180 pounder chose the Vols over Memphis, Indiana, and Georgia Tech.

"The thing that stood out the most was my relationship with the staff we had a relationship before they even offered me and we just kept building it over time and they're basically family and when I go visit it feels like home rather than a visit, and they believed in me before any other school did and that was big for me."

Volunteer State wide receiver joins coach Josh Heupel and the Vols' top 12 2025 class.

jbcarol

Tennessee Recruiting: 2025 commit breakdown
by:
Hunter Shelton

QuoteTennessee signed a pair of five-stars and finished with a top-15 recruiting class last cycle.

Vols' '25 class checks in at No. 12 in the nation and No. 7 in the SEC, as of Feb. 25.

From the top-ranked player in-state to a trio of Peach State prospects, six recruits are currently committed to Heupel

Tennessee Class Breakdown
When looking at Tennessee's 2025 class, all eyes point toward Nashville Brentwood four-star quarterback George MacIntyre. The No. 3 QB and No. 1 player in Tennessee in the cycle, he will likely headline the Vols' class

Southlake (Texas) Carroll four-star tight end Jack Van Dorselaer is a top-250 recruit while Buford (Ga.) three-star running back Justin Baker is a top-30 player at his position.

Both defensive commitments for Tennessee are in the secondary. Alpharetta (Ga.) Milton three-star cornerback Dylan Lewis and Milton (Ga.) three-star CB Tyler Redmond each pledged late in 2023.

jbcarol

DL Ethan Utley locks in official visit to Tennessee

by:
Hunter Shelton

QuoteNashville Ensworth four-star defensive lineman Ethan Utley announced on Friday that he will come off the board and commit on March 28.

The rising prospect is down to five schools: Michigan, Syracuse, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas. On Sunday, Utley locked in an official visit date with the in-state Volunteers — who are currently trending

Utley will be back on Rocky Top from June 13-16 for his OV with the Vols. He told On3's Chad Simmons earlier this week that he has still not made his decision, but Tennessee is clearly in a good spot

jbcarol

Elite safety Jordan Young locks in Tennessee official visit

by:
Keegan Pope

QuoteMonroe (N.C.) four-star safety Jordan Young is as coveted of a recruit as there is in the Southeast, with dozens of schools extending offers to him over the past year.

He's taken a handful of visits and is ready to take a few more this spring.

"I took some Junior Day visits to colleges to feel them out," Young recently told Volquest. "Now, my next steps are to get to more schools for spring dates and spring practices to see how the coaches coach, and then in two or three months I plan on cutting it down to a top six or top five list, then take officials, then before the end of the summer, I plan on committing."

The first two officials are already on the books —

Now, he's locked in an official visit to Tennessee for the weekend of June 21, he tells On3 Director of Recruiting Chad Simmons:

"I've been there once last summer," he told Simmons. "I like how the coaches have stayed in touch with me. And they have one of the best fan bases in the country. Plus I like their schemes on both sides of the ball."

Tennessee DC Tim Banks making Young a priority

jbcarol

Sought-after 4-star DL Christian Garrett sets Tennessee official visit

by:
Keegan Pope

QuoteFour-star Bogart (Ga.) Prince Avenue Christian School defensive lineman Christian Garrett is down to seven schools in his recruitment and looking to take the next steps.

Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Tennessee and USC remain, with more than two dozen schools extending offered the No. 61 prospect.

Garrett has added Tennessee to that list, according to On3's Chad Simmons, and will see the Vols during the weekend of June 21.

"I am not shutting things down, but I am narrowing things down and focusing on a smaller selection of schools," Garrett told Simmons last month. "Communication with these schools has been strong and all have good things I like. I have visited five of the schools, I know a lot about them and I see these schools as a good fit for me and my family. I am confident that they can develop me as a man and football player."

Garrett has not yet visited Ole Miss and USC.

jbcarol

Tennessee cementing itself as a contender for elite WR Jaime Ffrench (sic)

by:
Keegan Pope

QuoteGiven the nature of Tennessee's offense, wide receiver is going to be one of the Vols' most important recruiting necessities on a yearly basis. In the 2023 and 2024 cycles, Josh Heupel and his staff have signed two each, including five-star Mike Matthews last year and top-50 prospect Nathan Leacock the year before.

In 2025, they could take as many as four, with one already committed and two other in-state targets high on their board. And with the fourth spot, they're likely to swing for the fences. Among the list of big hitters is Jacksonville (Fla.) Mandarin four-star wideout Jaime Ffrench.

The one-time Alabama commit is coming off a visit to Knoxville over the weekend and had rave reviews for the Vols. Tennessee had slowly but steadily moved up his list, according to Volquest recruiting insider Austin Price. And they battling to try and get in that top spot.

"I think it's Ohio State and Florida State," Price said of who is in Ffrench's top three schools other than Tennessee. "Ohio State has done a really nice job recruiting the state of Florida, especially with receivers. Brian Hartline's got a nice in down there with the South Florida Express. I think they're right there at the top. Tennessee continues to do a really nice job here.

... I know some Florida State fans would disagree with me here, and that's fine. But I think if it's not Ohio State, Tennessee is emerging as that real No. 2. I would say Ohio State is No. 1 for Jamie Ffrench, but I think Tennessee is quietly moving up the board for him."

jbcarol

Tennessee Recruiting: 2025 commit breakdown

by:
Hunter Shelton

QuoteTennessee signed a pair of five-stars and finished with a top-15 recruiting class last cycle. Now, Josh Heupel and the Volunteers are looking to do the same with the 2025 class.

It's still early in the year, but Tennessee is shaping up to be near the top of the On3 Industry Team Recruiting Rankings come December. The Vols' class checks in at No. 10 in the nation and No. 4 in the SEC, as of March 28.

Tennessee Class Breakdown
When looking at Tennessee's 2025 class, all eyes point toward Nashville Brentwood four-star quarterback George MacIntyre. The No. 3 QB and No. 1 player in Tennessee in the cycle, he will likely headline the Vols' class

MacIntyre is one of four commits on the offensive side of the ball for Tennessee. Southlake (Texas) Carroll four-star tight end Jack Van Dorselaer is a top-250 recruit while Buford (Ga.) three-star running back Justin Baker is a top-30