Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Somone "In the Know" Please Explain the Jimmy Dykes Situation to me?

Started by aredwolfrazorback, March 11, 2017, 10:22:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

aredwolfrazorback

Maybe this should go on the women's board but I guess I'm posting it here anyway.
With all the beers and all the cheers, I'm a hog fan for the rest of my years.

UA 2010
ASU 2008

PonderinHog

LadybackBBFan

PonderinHog

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on March 11, 2017, 10:27:30 am
And my guess is it is not to be a women's basketball coach!
Maybe a finishing school administrator...   ;)

psycHOGlogist

What's to explain? He was hired despite having very little coaching experience, and exactly zero experience coaching women. It was hoped that his (20-year-old) men's coaching experience, "knowledge" as a broadcaster, and celebrity name recognition would translate into improved recruiting and W's.

It didn't.

Instead, fueled by arrogance and insecurity, he quickly earned the mistrust of his players and coaching staff. He refused to listen to his more experienced assistant coaches, and his in-game coaching decisions were terrible. Staff and players began leaving in numbers, demoralizing the program.

The end. 

jb11

But, but, Wally says he deserved another year. It couldn't have been that bad. Right? Right?

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: jb11 on March 15, 2017, 07:57:09 am
But, but, Wally says he deserved another year. It couldn't have been that bad. Right? Right?

You have to be kidding!  Right.  When I can sit in the stands and say before the tip off - he has the wrong lineup on the floor - it will not work.  Then after one quarter he puts the right lineup in against the team he is playing and ends up tied at halftime.  However, he starts the third quarter with the wrong lineup again (same lineup as he started the game).  We fall way behind and he puts in the correct lineup in the fourth quarter when it is too late.  This is exactly what happened against Florida and their great coach who also got fired.  I saw this happen game after game.  He looks like a deer in headlights at timeouts with the game on the line - no idea what to do.  He should Go back to broadcasting where he can criticize and add his comments which no one will ever listen to again.

Dwight_K_Shrute

In the beginning God created man in his likeness.

Jimmy Dykes being a man was created in God's likeness imbued with knowledge that women do not have.  As a man Jimmy Dykes is the unquestioned head of his family and as an extension his team.  You are not to question God and by extension Jimmy Dykes.  The Bible says you must obey.  Jimmy Dykes often sent out tweets about obedience.  In fact he sent out more tweets about obedience than teamwork. 

Jimmy Dykes having no women's coaching experience was still all knowing and would not fall into the devil's temptation of listening, growing, changing or realizing maybe he was not all knowing because that would be foolish and result in questioning God.

Secure in the knowledge that he could not fail and proud of winning a mighty 2 conference games, games that might have been lost if not for him, Jimmy proudly announced that he had all intentions of returning to coach next year and build on his tremendous success, reaching 3 and possibly 4 conference wins next year, even if that meant recruiting off the intramural courts, as long as they obeyed, prayed, and never swayed away from him he could turn them into winners.  But in the end the Phillistines prevailed as Jimmy Dykes was cast out of Bud Walton Arena. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

GoPigs69

Quote from: aredwolfrazorback on March 11, 2017, 10:22:09 am
Maybe this should go on the women's board but I guess I'm posting it here anyway.

What's to explain?  There are 5 other threads addressing this on the Women's Board but I guess it would be too much work for you to actually read any of those?

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 15, 2017, 08:45:39 am
In the beginning God created man in his likeness.

Jimmy Dykes being a man was created in God's likeness imbued with knowledge that women do not have.  As a man Jimmy Dykes is the unquestioned head of his family and as an extension his team.  You are not to question God and by extension Jimmy Dykes.  The Bible says you must obey.  Jimmy Dykes often sent out tweets about obedience.  In fact he sent out more tweets about obedience than teamwork. 

Jimmy Dykes having no women's coaching experience was still all knowing and would not fall into the devil's temptation of listening, growing, changing or realizing maybe he was not all knowing because that would be foolish and result in questioning God.

Secure in the knowledge that he could not fail and proud of winning a mighty 2 conference games, games that might have been lost if not for him, Jimmy proudly announced that he had all intentions of returning to coach next year and build on his tremendous success, reaching 3 and possibly 4 conference wins next year, even if that meant recruiting off the intramural courts, as long as they obeyed, prayed, and never swayed away from him he could turn them into winners.  But in the end the Phillistines prevailed as Jimmy Dykes was cast out of Bud Walton Arena. 

Tough, but fair.

psycHOGlogist

Here is the former director of Student Athlete Development subtweeting his former boss, the ex-WBB coach (note the likes from Wilson, Kelsey Brooks, and Briunna Freeman).

https://twitter.com/TGilla76/status/842219604613201920

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on March 16, 2017, 10:00:17 pm
Here is the former director of Student Athlete Development subtweeting his former boss, the ex-WBB coach (note the likes from Wilson, Kelsey Brooks, and Briunna Freeman).

https://twitter.com/TGilla76/status/842219604613201920

Yep, guys like JD are not self aware, just self involved, big difference.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

BWS

A lot of what has been said on social media since Dykes firing is somewhat confirming the rumors regarding why several players have left the program, particularly the African-American players.