Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Softball DH vs UMKC tonight

Started by psycHOGlogist, March 07, 2017, 07:18:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

Just a quick note about tonight's double header -- your #24-ranked Razorbacks (yes, we're ranked this week) obliterated the Kangaroos of UMKC in two run-rule games, 10-0 and 13-1. In the 2nd game, Grace Moll had a no-hitter going into the 5th inning, but she kind of lost her mojo and gave up a walk and a double to successive batters. Stewart came in and gave up a hit to score a run, but then got 3 in a row to end the game.

The offense continues its hot streak with Diaz and Canfield (!) going deep in the second game, and 6 of our 13 game one hits being doubles. Storms was great in game 1, and Moll was untouchable for the first 4 innings in game 2.

Importantly, our hitters who got off to a pretty slow start all seem to have found their groove. Belans, Canfield and Diaz are now all hitting right around .300 (they were all over .300 until Canfield made the last out in the bottom of the 4th in game 2). The only hitters in the lineup now hitting below .300 are Canfield at .296 (up about 60 points from last week) and Warrick, who does seem to be cooling off a little, at .271. Compared to last year, even against lesser competition, we hardly had anyone over .250.

This weekend is our first SEC test - 3 games in Tuscaloosa. Will be a tough series for us. The Tide has two premier pitchers to throw at us. Good luck, Softball Hogs!!!

flippinhogmana

sorry I opened a thread to Psych, I guess we were typing at the same time.  I looked for your thread first!
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

LOL - no problem! The more the merrier. I couldn't do pbp today, but did catch the last part of game 2 on periscope. Big weekend ahead!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on March 07, 2017, 07:18:56 pm
Just a quick note about tonight's double header -- your #24-ranked Razorbacks (yes, we're ranked this week) obliterated the Kangaroos of UMKC in two run-rule games, 10-0 and 13-1. In the 2nd game, Grace Moll had a no-hitter going into the 5th inning, but she kind of lost her mojo and gave up a walk and a double to successive batters. Stewart came in and gave up a hit to score a run, but then got 3 in a row to end the game.

The offense continues its hot streak with Diaz and Canfield (!) going deep in the second game, and 6 of our 13 game one hits being doubles. Storms was great in game 1, and Moll was untouchable for the first 4 innings in game 2.

Importantly, our hitters who got off to a pretty slow start all seem to have found their groove. Belans, Canfield and Diaz are now all hitting right around .300 (they were all over .300 until Canfield made the last out in the bottom of the 4th in game 2). The only hitters in the lineup now hitting below .300 are Canfield at .296 (up about 60 points from last week) and Warrick, who does seem to be cooling off a little, at .271. Compared to last year, even against lesser competition, we hardly had anyone over .250.

This weekend is our first SEC test - 3 games in Tuscaloosa. Will be a tough series for us. The Tide has two premier pitchers to throw at us. Good luck, Softball Hogs!!!

teams have nearly Identical records, while Bama (which is ranked higher than us) has played three games against a ranked team, losing two of them.  They are on a hot stream same as us and its at their place. 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on March 07, 2017, 07:29:36 pm
LOL - no problem! The more the merrier. I couldn't do pbp today, but did catch the last part of game 2 on periscope. Big weekend ahead!

Diaz (3 run homer in the second game and has raised her average nearly 200 points in the last ten games) is getting hot, as you have pointed out in the past Russell is staying hot with Schroeder (2 rbi double in the second game) and Biers (2 run homer in the second game) and Canfield is getting there.  Yani has even out and I think will stay around the 300 mark too.  Warrick is definitely slumping a little.  I just hope Moll and Storms hang tough.