Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 23, 2024, 11:29:21 pm

New thread, same old BS.

Started by bythelake, August 17, 2006, 10:30:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bythelake

I first signed onto this board about a year ago.  It was during the heat of the Nutt being  fired time.  Notshaving has not shaved  since i hope.  Just kidding.  Really, found out he is  a pretty nice guy. 

I was totaly amazed at the hate that was being propogated on this board.  I fought the haters to the point that I got banned twice. 

Since then I have learned that there are many that are just extremist in both ways, huggers and haters. Many are just unhappy people that vent on this board.

Let me get to my point.  After following the board for over a year now, I see that some of the dark siders are people who have an inside view of the program, like Ugly Uncle and crew.  They go to the practices and see first hand how practices are run.  Thus, they are in the know.

But, wait a big minute.  These same people who rediculed the program are starting to wake up and recognize the changes that have been made and are a proponent of the program.  They still may not support Nutt, but they seem to know that their continual negativity is a detriment to the program. 

There are a lot of posters still that don't realize that negativey is negative and is a detramint to the program, but the people in the know understand the consequences.

My hat is off to the big boys on this board and their awareness of the need to provide some leadership to the Razorback program.  These guys are the administrators and overseeers of this board.   

Go Hogs Go.

GuvHog

Quote from: bythelake on August 17, 2006, 10:30:09 pm
I first signed onto this board about a year ago.  It was during the heat of the Nutt being  fired time.  Notshaving has not shaved  since i hope.  Just kidding.  Really, found out he is  a pretty nice guy. 

I was totaly amazed at the hate that was being propogated on this board.  I fought the haters to the point that I got banned twice. 

Since then I have learned that there are many that are just extremist in both ways, huggers and haters. Many are just unhappy people that vent on this board.

Let me get to my point.  After following the board for over a year now, I see that some of the dark siders are people who have an inside view of the program, like Ugly Uncle and crew.  They go to the practices and see first hand how practices are run.  Thus, they are in the know.

But, wait a big minute.  These same people who rediculed the program are starting to wake up and recognize the changes that have been made and are a proponent of the program.  They still may not support Nutt, but they seem to know that their continual negativity is a detriment to the program. 

There are a lot of posters still that don't realize that negativey is negative and is a detramint to the program, but the people in the know understand the consequences.

My hat is off to the big boys on this board and their awareness of the need to provide some leadership to the Razorback program.  These guys are the administrators and overseeers of this board.  

Go Hogs Go.

Great Post! +1
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Big Papa Satan

August 17, 2006, 11:32:09 pm #2 Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 11:33:42 pm by Uncle Ivan
Being negative as a result of seeing things as they are and demanding a change is not in any way a detriment to the program.

If you want to see fans that are harming it, just look at those who have stood by Houston Nutt through thick and thin, and in the process, supported mediocrity.

LSUfan20

Go Hogs Go.

This "negativity" you talk about it is present in every program.  The guys here are just calling a spade a spade.  They've concluded over the course of 8 years that Houston Nutt cannot be trusted to field an elite football program. 

TOM "tbw1"

If everything is so wonderful, why are we below .500 in SEC play with HDN, why are we the only Western Division team not to win ten games since HDN came, and why are we so happy thinking we can 8-4 this year instead of winning the West.

Dreams are one thing.

Performance is another.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

CiriusPorker

ok, I hate to call him out..but since when and HOW does uglyuncle have 'inside' views of the program.  he just went to practice a few times.  geez, its like you guys think he works in Broyles' office. ;)

FLKeysGuy

With all due respect, back-to-back losing seasons are probably more of a detriment to the program than people who express their frustrations because of it.  What some label as "negative" others might deem "reality".  It all depends on your perspective.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Nice post bythelake...

Wait 'til you meet some of us darskiders in person.  You will be even MORE disappointed at how nice we are.

WPS and let's kick some CalifornIA ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

dmhog v2.0

These same people who rediculed the program are starting to wake up

What is said on a message board, as far as negativity, has no effect the University of Arkansas program.

LA HAWG

Records against SEC opponents under dale.
                   Under Nutt
Tennessee             1-3
LSU                      3-5
S. Carolina             5-3
Alabama                4-4
Georgia                  0-5
Vanderbilt               0-1
Ole Miss                 5-3
Auburn                  4-4
Miss St.                 7-1
Florida                   0-2
Kentucky                2-2

It appears that HDN has more of a negative effect on the program than "negative" internet posters.  .480 losing percentage against the SEC.  Dale should consider becoming a donor to the Miss. St. program IMO.

Tomhog™

Quote from: LA HAWG on August 18, 2006, 06:13:22 am
Records against SEC opponents under dale.
                   Under Nutt
Tennessee             1-3
LSU                      3-5
S. Carolina             5-3
Alabama                4-4
Georgia                  0-5
Vanderbilt               0-1
Ole Miss                 5-3
Auburn                  4-4
Miss St.                 7-1
Florida                   0-2
Kentucky                2-2

It appears that HDN has more of a negative effect on the program than "negative" internet posters.  .480 losing percentage against the SEC.  Dale should consider becoming a donor to the Miss. St. program IMO.

Out of the big 3 in the East, Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee, we are a paltry 1-10.  And that 1 was a last second FG. Half the teams in the East, we haven't even beaten once in the Nutt's tenure.  How do we expect to compete on a national basis, when we can't even come close to beating hanging with the SEC's best?

Tomhog™

Quote from: KEYS on August 18, 2006, 12:09:50 am
With all due respect, back-to-back losing seasons are probably more of a detriment to the program than people who express their frustrations because of it. 

Correct.  Our attitude has a direct correlation to the product that is put on the field...

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on August 17, 2006, 11:32:09 pm
Being negative as a result of seeing things as they are and demanding a change is not in any way a detriment to the program.

Does that apply to politics, too, or just important things, like college athletics?    ;)
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.