Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 09, 2024, 01:47:15 pm

Im totally impressed...

Started by Cold_Roses_80, August 17, 2006, 04:30:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold_Roses_80

Im totally impressed by all of the people that think they can make better decisions than our coaching staff.
You people really make it worth coming to this site.  It truely is good for a chuckle.
I would like you all to list your years of coaching experience and tell us all why you think you know whats best for the team.

seriously... go for it

brooks74

I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express once.

hogfancb

RJ sucked last year and what makes you think this year will be any different?

SultanofSwine

If you stay in school, one day you might be as smart as them.

philobeddoe

I totally agree with you, Roses, but I'm afraid that we are in the minority.  Too many geniuses on this board.

LA HAWG

Quote from: Cold_Roses_80 on August 17, 2006, 04:30:46 pm
Im totally impressed by all of the people that think they can make better decisions than our coaching staff.
You people really make it worth coming to this site.  It truely is good for a chuckle.
I would like you all to list your years of coaching experience and tell us all why you think you know whats best for the team.

seriously... go for it

Right back at you CR80. 

Sao Ming

Please see results of KEYS poll from yesterday.  At 2 Mil each, we could collaborate one hell on an effort friend.

hogshank

seriously... go for it

Hmm. So having years of coaching experience is now a prerequisit for being able to point out that back to back losing seasons, and hopping around like a monkey on the sidelines etc. are less than desireable?

abq

seriously... go for it

I understand some of you are new, but do I have to reread the same dumbass arguments that have been used for two or more fricking years?

I bet you honestly believe you are the first moron to spew that crap. You're not, you're not even the 10th or the 20th. Please try to post an intelligent take or at least something stupid and original.

DAMN!

Cold_Roses_80

anyone can point out the obvious
you should be a color commentator

Cold_Roses_80

Quote from: abq on August 17, 2006, 04:36:30 pm

seriously... go for it

I understand some of you are new, but do I have to reread the same dumbass arguments that have been used for two or more fricking years?

you certainly do =)

fire_hog

Let me put it this way:

I've never flown a plane. Not once. Wouldn't know a rudder from an alerawhatsit. Not a clue about even how to start the damn thing. But if I see a pilot suit up, time after time, get into his plane, and proceed to fly that sucker right into the ground, my only sane conclusion is that he is not a good pilot.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

NATEHOGG216

Ok so I have 3 years, granted it is in pee wee.

But on to the real reason I wanted to post here was to tell you that all of us coaching geniuses are really not begging you to stay.  I mean you do contribute a lot to the board with your 29 posts and all. 

goodbye and have a great day
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

SultanofSwine

No shank because people who have and continue to run successful businesses don't know much about how to acheive success or being professional or utilizing good organizational skills, etc.

ClubChubby

What's really funny is all those who can watch the games and STILL think houston nutt is a good coach.
Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are.

Cold_Roses_80

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on August 17, 2006, 04:37:56 pm

But on to the real reason I wanted to post here was to tell you that all of us coaching geniuses are really not begging you to stay.  I mean you do contribute a lot to the board with your 29 posts and all. 

so what your saying here is you as a person are an "arm chair quarterback", "back seat driver" and really no good answer for anything

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: fire_hog on August 17, 2006, 04:37:51 pm
Let me put it this way:

I've never flown a plane. Not once. Wouldn't know a rudder from an alerawhatsit. Not a clue about even how to start the damn thing. But if I see a pilot suit up, time after time, get into his plane, and proceed to fly that sucker right into the ground, my only sane conclusion is that he is not a good pilot.

now that is an analogy
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

proffitthog

I'am with holding judgement right now. But if the hogs get ran over by SO. Cal and RJ skips passes and throws 10 feet over the head of the receivers then its going to get real ugly with the people on this board and Razorback fans everywhere. But hey, if they say RJ is the man then iam ready, but it is put up or shut up time.

Cold_Roses_80

Quote from: ScottFaldon on August 17, 2006, 04:41:29 pm
CR80, do you follow this advice when it comes to everything, or just sports? Do also believe, for example...

Unless you've been governor of Arkansas, you can't criticize Huckabee?
Unless you've been POTUS, you can't be critical of GW Bush?
Unless you've hosted a statewide talk show, you can't say anything about Rainwater or Barrett?
Unless you've hosted a national sports show, you can't criticize ESPN's anchors?
Unless you've been the color man on MNF, you can't offer an opinion on Tony Kornheiser?

there is a difference between criticize....and then people who claim to "know better"
i said nothing about criticize. open your eyes

hogsNbeer

Discussing on internets makes you smart.... ;D

I agree with the other poster about the pilot....I think it was Fire hog....

Richard_white

JUMPIN JAHOGSAPHAT

I take it from your original post CR-80 that you are a supporter of HDN.  Let's turn this thing around for a moment.  Give us your reasons for believing Nutt has done a good job.  Maybe you can win a few of us over.  Go ahead, give it your best shot.

HatfieldHog

I'll have you know that I have Coached in the NFL, preceded by coaching in Division I college football, before that I was a graduate assistant under Bear Bryant......Then I woke up, and realized that it was all a dream! 

I have to say, this whole RJ as QB is gonna be a tough sell to a vast amount of fans.  I got to see one practice, and in that practice, I came away with the definite feeling that RJ was the most solid of the two QB's.  Mustain has tremendous Upside, and will be the starter someday, but he also has some rough edges that would mean alot of INT's. 

I must say again, if USC were not the first game, we would probably not be in this situation, and left to absord this decision.  If there were margin for error in QB play vs. USC, we'd probably see Mustain, but, like it or not, I think that the coaches believe that RJ will make the least mistakes, and execute the running game more efficiently.

With all of my "Dream Land" coaching experience, I'd start RJ above Mitch against USC also!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: Cold_Roses_80 on August 17, 2006, 04:39:25 pm
Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on August 17, 2006, 04:37:56 pm

so what your saying here is you as a person are an "arm chair quarterback", "back seat driver" and really no good answer for anything

Arm chair qb  (when the (coach) is high on something)  then YUP

Back seat driver  (when the driver(coach) is wasted)  then yup

no good answer for anything   Sorry, I am pretty sure that all of the kids and parents of the kids that I have coached in baseball, basketball, soccer, and football the last 3 years would disagree.  No I don't get paid millions but to these kids it is JUST as important.  I am sorry that you watch the same poor excuse for a coach as I do yet are not intelligent enough to realize that we have not been doing great under him.  Sorry man.

jvegashawg

Quote from: Cold_Roses_80 on August 17, 2006, 04:44:15 pm
CR80, do you follow this advice when it comes to everything, or just sports? Do also believe, for example...

Unless you've hosted a statewide talk show, you can't say anything about Rainwater or Barrett?
Unless you've hosted a national sports show, you can't criticize ESPN's anchors?
Unless you've been the color man on MNF, you can't offer an opinion on Tony Kornheiser?

there is a difference between criticize....and then people who claim to "know better"

What about looking at the way winning programs are run and looking at the way this one is run, and then saying that I know we can do better.  Is that acceptable?

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: Cold_Roses_80 on August 17, 2006, 04:44:15 pm

Show me where someone said they "KNOW BETTER" than this coaching staff.  I think what we are doing is criticizing.  Good luck man

philobeddoe

Give it up cr80.  I have been dealing with this shite for a while.  They are hard headed. The best thing to do is agree to disagree.

Richard_white

Quote from: philobeddoe on August 17, 2006, 05:04:28 pm
Give it up cr80.  I have been dealing with this shite for a while.  They are hard headed. The best thing to do is agree to disagree.

Or do what HDN said, "get over it"