Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 06, 2024, 03:34:21 pm

Johnson was the right call

Started by awhogfan, August 17, 2006, 08:30:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

awhogfan

All you people who think Mustain should be the starter just because he had a good high school career are a bunch of idiots.  He has done nothing to prove that he can do any better that Johnson could in the SEC.  Arkansas fans piss me off so bad because they are so negative about everything and alot honestly feel that they could make a better decision than the man hired for the job(HN).  This isnt Fayetteville High on Sep 2.  Why dont all the fairweathered fans finally get behind the hogs for good.

brooks74

Got an idea for you, go read some posts before you start talking crap like that.  Because someone has an opinion other than yours doesn't mean they are not a hog fan idiot.  It means they have an opinion and most of us on here are passionate about the U of A.  BTW, I don't care who starts, as long as that QB gives us the best shot to win.

LA HAWG

Can't you Huggers come up with any new arguements?  What an enlightened post that we have all heard 100,000,000 times.  As a matter of fact I think many intelligent Hog fans could make much better decisions than the head clow... I mean coach.

RazorbackJoe

I am not fairweathered in the least...it's just that I watched Johnson for 7 games last years and it was 7 of the most frustrating days of my life. I think he actually got worse as the season went on. "Insanity" is when you try the same thing over and over again and expect different results...we have no reason to believe we'll see anything different. If we are gonna lose, I would rather lose trying something different. Maybe Johnson will prove me wrong, but I am not gonna hold my breath.

forrest city joe

Quote from: RazorbackJoe on August 17, 2006, 08:39:02 am
I am not fairweathered in the least...it's just that I watched Johnson for 7 games last years and it was 7 of the most frustrating days of my life. I think he actually got worse as the season went on. "Insanity" is when you try the same thing over and over again and expect different results...we have no reason to believe we'll see anything different. If we are gonna lose, I would rather lose trying something different. Maybe Johnson will prove me wrong, but I am not gonna hold my breath.
could not have said it better myself.

John Futrall

Did Gus and Alex make the wrong decision?

awhogfan

Razorback Joe I would rather hear that than all these people claiming that MM is proven enough to start us against USC.  Do yall not feel that the coaches know what they are doing a little better than we do.  If Johnson stinks it up, then I agree throw Mustain in.  I am not saying that RJ is the best I have ever seen, but I dont think MM is ready

brooks74

Same thing over and over again?  Rojo is a year older, is in a new offensive system, has better talent at WR and the best RB's will actually play this year, and he has had tutoring from a coach who has coached successful NFL QB's, and an OC who will set him up to succeed, not run the same 5 plays over and over and over and over.  Sounds to me that this is far from the same situation as last year. 

awhogfan

Thanks Brooks.   Now thats the kind of talk I like to hear

awhogfan

"The best RB's will actually play"   Explain please

brooks74

See Vandy last year.  I agree, Rojo was not good for the most part last year, but I really think he was handicapped early in the season by our coaching staff's decision to not play Jones and McFadden because they were freshman. 

RazorbackJoe

Here is the reality of the situation: With Dick out, HDN has probably told Mustain that there is little to no chance of him redshirting. With that said, he is going to get Mustain ready to play against USC...not start, but probably take a significant number of snaps. I doubt there is anyone on this board who honestly believes Johnson will do well enough to go the distance against USC...or even an entire season. Because he will not redshirt, Mustain will WANT to be on the field...and I GUARANTEE you he will be a much better quarterback midway through the season than he is right now, unlike what we saw with Johnson's progress last year.

awhogfan

Finally I found some realistic people on this board.   What a relief