Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prime example of why teams should always open with a top pitcher.

Started by rzrbkman, June 03, 2017, 07:58:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbkman

While the offense was struggling the Hogs ace kept ORU at bay.

dotnet

Or miss st throwing saving their best pitcher for the 4 seed

Dr. Starcs

Was pretty clear to me oru was no 4 seed and dvh knew it.

mhsbc59

Yeah it clear to me the selection committee said dang Arkansas has to host this year let's give them the tuffest regional we can
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

southarkhog06

Quote from: mhsbc59 on June 03, 2017, 09:40:15 am
Yeah it clear to me the selection committee said dang Arkansas has to host this year let's give them the tuffest regional we can
TCU may argue with that.

SPAL

Quote from: mhsbc59 on June 03, 2017, 09:40:15 am

We have arguably one of the tougher 4 seeds but the regional as a whole isn't really that difficult

hogman64

guarantee you DVH never considered for a second pitching anyone but Stephan or Knight

Hook 'em Hogs

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 03, 2017, 10:39:01 am
We have arguably one of the tougher 4 seeds but the regional as a whole isn't really that difficult

This

TexasRazorback

Long Beach state I see the regional of death. Tcu and Arkansas were dealt tough regions also. Houston's regional isn't bad either.

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: southarkhog06 on June 03, 2017, 09:41:34 am
TCU may argue with that.

Houston regional is tough also. Any one of the 4 could win it. Same could be said for ours also.

JHicks3636

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

JHicks3636

Quote from: Kevin on June 03, 2017, 11:12:59 am
They did not throw Covington ?

No, they pitched Gordon. D-1 had a story about this screwup.

SPAL

Why do you think our regional is one if the toughest? I just don't see it.

ricepig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 03, 2017, 01:18:07 pm
Why do you think our regional is one if the toughest? I just don't see it.

Because the Hogs are in it!

SPAL

ricepig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 03, 2017, 01:32:42 pm
Oh. Lil ole arky syndrome. Got ya. Makes sense.

And once we make it out of it, we'll be invincible!!

SPAL

Quote from: ricepig on June 03, 2017, 01:34:58 pm
And once we make it out of it, we'll be invincible!!

You've got a finger on the pulse of this fanbase...lol

Florida State Regional has 3 top 25 teams in it.  By ranking, I would guess it would be considered the toughest regional.

TCU has to face Vir. and unless their coach retired, Vir has the best coach in our grouping.  I could see Vir winning that regional.  I believe they are ranked below us so if Vir did win in Ft Worth, would we host the Super Regional if we win our Regional.

Think about this.  They could have sent Vir to Arkansas as the #2 and placed Mo St. against TCU.  TCU has a complaint but we don't.

fullfan

ucahogfan

Quote from: fullfan on June 03, 2017, 10:17:56 pm
Can Stephan come back and pitch on Monday if needed?
No.  Maybe one or two hitters, but don't want to overuse him. I know winning is important, you don't want to get a rep for ruining pitchers by doing stuff like that and having elite recruits look elsewhere.

HoopS

Can you see it now?

Missouri St. being in it automatically made this tough. Surprised people don't know that already.